PDA

View Full Version : My project cars profile has been lost, I can't tune my car at tracks

Rick_ainscough
06-11-2016, 20:43
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum but I've been playing project cars for the past year.

I need some technical advice please as I'm not very good with computers, a couple of weeks ago I was doing an online race and then suddenly my computer froze, I had to restart my computer and when my computer was ready to load project cars up again it didn't and still doesn't load up on the first try, so Now I have to esc out of the beginning loading screen and then try again by pressing the project cars tab on the bottom bar. The next problem is my career and my profile with all my preset set ups I have done have now disappeared and now I have to start again, which I did but now when I'm at a track And start doing any sort of setup changes it just doesn't save and apply it to my car.

Can someone please help me out as I love this game and at the minute I can't enjoy it as I can't do anything apart from drive a car with a full fuel tank.

Thanks in advance

BullWinkle
06-11-2016, 22:11
Possibly your default.sav is corrupt. If you haven't deleted it as of yet it's location is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
*note: you will loose all your career progress, vehicle setups, accolades etc,...starting fresh.

Also, In your AntiVirus put these locations in the exception list, especially if it's BitDefender.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630
C:\Users\You\Documents\Project CARS

Verify integrity of game files, Right click Project Cars in Steam Library, select Properties, Local Files tab, click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

Posting your system specs may help further if this does not help resolve your issue.:)

Rick_ainscough
10-11-2016, 20:01
Possibly your default.sav is corrupt. If you haven't deleted it as of yet it's location is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
*note: you will loose all your career progress, vehicle setups, accolades etc,...starting fresh.

Also, In your AntiVirus put these locations in the exception list, especially if it's BitDefender.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCars
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630

Verify integrity of game files, Right click Project Cars in Steam Library, select Properties, Local Files tab, click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

Posting your system specs may help further if this does not help resolve your issue.:)

Sorry for the late reply but I've just not had time to get on the sim and try what you surgested. Deleting my old profile has worked, so I can change my setup, but the initial load up problem is still occurring any more advice ?

BullWinkle
11-11-2016, 00:35
Sorry for the late reply but I've just not had time to get on the sim and try what you surgested. Deleting my old profile has worked, so I can change my setup, but the initial load up problem is still occurring any more advice ?

You can try deleting the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file located here if you haven't done so yet:
Redo your graphic settings in pCars then restart.

Also, if your using a logitech wheel g25/g27 make sure you start up the logitech profiler (if you have it installed) and work the pedals before starting Project Cars (even if the Profiler set to start with windows).,at times it will take focus away from pCars and cause it to stay minimized. Hope this helps.:)