PDA

View Full Version : Career Invitationals

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 17:13
Apologies if this topic has already been covered - if so please redirect me.

I want to unlock all the career invitational events in one career and I know which events I have to complete.
My career has gone:
Superkarts--Formula Rookie (x3 to complete each regional championship)--Formula Gulf--Formula C (x3 to complete each regional championship) and I will next go to GT4 and complete all those championships...
BUT...
Unfortunately, I have never received a contract offer for LMP3 ROOKIE; it has been skipped out and I only have contract offers on the table for LMP3 SEMI-PRO and GT3.

What can I do to trigger an LMP3 ROOKIE contract?

FS7
08-11-2016, 18:28
No special conditions for LMP3 rookie contracts afaik. Just play whatever disciplines you have available, LMP3 rookie contracts should show up eventually. You can work your way up to LMP1 then go back and do whatever regional championships you skipped.

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 18:42
What does LMP1 have to do with the question - Does winning LMP1 unlock everything?
Why would they just 'show up' if I keep playing? All the contract offers so far have been for tier I'm already in or the tier above - never a lower tier.

FS7
08-11-2016, 19:28
You don't have to play every championship in a tier before moving on to the next tier, you don't have to play tiers in order either. You can play one season in each tier then go back and play championships you've skipped. There have been cases of people who unlocked contracts 2 tiers above as well as contracts in tiers below.

In my case I started in karts, worked my way up through the open-wheel ladder (1 season in each tier), after I won LMP1 I had contracts in every discipline in every tier, so I went back and played championships I had skipped.

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 19:54
I know that I can go all the way back to a lower tier after playing higher tiers - the contracts are always open to accept at a later date. For example, I received a contract for the Renault Clio championship but went for formula rookie instead. But I could always go back and accept that Clio cup contract at a later date if I wanted to.
My issue is that I haven't triggered a contract offer for LMP3 Rookie despite winning the Formula Gulf series in the tier below.

EDIT:

I don't think you understand why I want to unlock and play through all the invitational events in the career so I will clarify and explain.
Firstly, I am not concerned with getting to LMP1 and having a feeling of having 'made it'. Likewise I am not interested in the historic goals.
I just want a structure which allows me to learn how to drive each car/racing class quickly and learn each track. I do not have multiplayer so I learn by racing offline against the AI.
I know I could race in the single player weekends but I would rather do it through the career for several reasons:
A) The career creates a feeling of progression
B) The career races seem to get progressively more challenging... I know this because I race on 100% AI - Superkarts was easy, Formula rookie slightly harder, etc etc.
C) I like how all the conditions, tracks, number of laps is already structured for me

In short, the career with all the invitational events unlocked seems to be the best way for me to get the most out of the game whilst I don't have multiplayer.

FS7
08-11-2016, 20:46
My issue is that I haven't triggered a contract offer for LMP3 Rookie despite winning the Formula Gulf series in the tier below.
That's odd, I'm pretty sure I always had contracts in every discipline of the next tier after winning 1 of the main championships in my current tier. If you still haven't unlocked LMP3 rookie events even after winning Formula C & GT4 than my guess is that your career got glitched.

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 21:03
Is it known to be a glitch?

Schnizz58
08-11-2016, 21:07
Is it known to be a bug?

It might be. I've done nearly all of career except endurance and I don't think I've unlocked LMP3 Rookie.

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 21:16
It's a bit disappointing. I thought I might get a solution.

Zpectre87
08-11-2016, 21:53
B) The career races seem to get progressively more challenging... I know this because I race on 100% AI - Superkarts was easy, Formula rookie slightly harder, etc etc.

Not always true. Clio Cup is a step below GT5 and is a fair bit harder. Karts are also harder than Superkarts.

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 22:06
Yes, not always but generally. The cars tend to be more powerful and seem to require more precise inputs as you go up. The AI in superkarts and Ginetta GT5 was noticeably weaker and I read somewhere that the difficulty was lowered in some lower tiers for the career.
I didn't find the Clio Cup too hard... The front wheel drive aspect, weight distribution and lift-off over-steer just required you to adapt your driving style and do things which otherwise would be counter-intuitive.

Zpectre87
08-11-2016, 22:59
Yes, not always but generally. The cars tend to be more powerful and seem to require more precise inputs as you go up. The AI in superkarts and Ginetta GT5 was noticeably weaker and I read somewhere that the difficulty was lowered in some lower tiers for the career.
I didn't find the Clio Cup too hard... The front wheel drive aspect, weight distribution and lift-off over-steer just required you to adapt your driving style and do things which otherwise would be counter-intuitive.

The Clios are more difficult to drive indeed but I was referring to AI performance. The AI is abysmal in the G40s compared to the Clios. :D One of the rounds in the Clio Cup is at Silverstone and it's quite difficult to get pole there.

TimNiceButDim
08-11-2016, 23:02
Which classes are considered to have the most challenging AI?

Zpectre87
09-11-2016, 03:10
Which classes are considered to have the most challenging AI?

IIRC Formula A is supposed to be "unbeatable" at 100%. But I don't think Formula A is the absolutely top class in the game (it's probably LMP1).

TimNiceButDim
09-11-2016, 20:31
Loads of puerile guff on the "Pcars 2 teaser" thread but nobody with any authority can answer my question as to why I can't do LMP3 Rookie on the career mode. What can I do to get a contract offer? If I go back and win GT5 will that trigger it?

Zpectre87
10-11-2016, 02:51
Have you considered the possibility that perhaps nobody knows? I personally don't know either. I'm at GT4 and didn't get contracts from upper open wheel series either.

cxMilk
10-11-2016, 06:16
Loads of puerile guff on the "Pcars 2 teaser" thread but nobody with any authority can answer my question as to why I can't do LMP3 Rookie on the career mode. What can I do to get a contract offer? If I go back and win GT5 will that trigger it?
I think why no one can give a straight answer is because there doesn't appear to be an exact formula regarding how new contracts open up. I never realized there were separate Rookie and Pro LMP3 series available until well into my Pro LMP3 series and I saw dates with some other LMP3 series. And it wasn't until I decided to repeat my LMP1 series that I realized I had a contract for Rookie LMP3 from a good while ago. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think based on my contract timeline, I got it either after I did the Clio series or GT5 series. I remember receiving a vast assortment of contracts after one of those two series including GT3, GT3 Endurance, LMP3, LMP1, Formula B, and Formula A.

TimNiceButDim
10-11-2016, 10:15
Thanks for the information! I'll probably restart the career and see if it triggers it.
In the meantime I'd appreciate any information on how others managed to trigger that LMP3 Rookie contract.

Zpectre87
10-11-2016, 13:03
I actually don't know how the GT ladder is. After GT4, the logical step is GT3, but after that? It should be LMP3 Rookie, though if I take that instead of jumping to Pro, I might not be able to get the "become LMP1 champion in 10 seasons or less" achievement.

The ladder would be Karts > Superkarts > Clio > GT5 > GT4 > GT3 > LMP3 Rookie > LMP3 Semi-Pro > LMP2 > LMP1... Well, that's 10 seasons, so I guess I'm safe then. :D

The open wheel ladder seems shorter, but it doesn't really need to be longer anyway as there are not many open wheel classes compared to GT and Prototypes.

So the reason you didn't get LMP3 Rookie contracts could be because it's two steps above where you are now (GT4).

FS7
10-11-2016, 16:24
I actually don't know how the GT ladder is. After GT4, the logical step is GT3, but after that? It should be LMP3 Rookie, though if I take that instead of jumping to Pro, I might not be able to get the "become LMP1 champion in 10 seasons or less" achievement.

The ladder would be Karts > Superkarts > Clio > GT5 > GT4 > GT3 > LMP3 Rookie > LMP3 Semi-Pro > LMP2 > LMP1... Well, that's 10 seasons, so I guess I'm safe then. :D

The open wheel ladder seems shorter, but it doesn't really need to be longer anyway as there are not many open wheel classes compared to GT and Prototypes.

So the reason you didn't get LMP3 Rookie contracts could be because it's two steps above where you are now (GT4).
That's not quite right. Here's the list of tiers:

Tier 8: Kart
Tier 7: Superkart
Tier 6: Formula Rookie, Renault Clio
Tier 5: Formula Gulf, Ginetta GT5
Tier 4: Formula C, GT4, LMP3 Rookie (JP-LM/SR3)
Tier 3: Formula B, GT3, LMP3 Pro (SP300R/SR8)
Tier 2: Formula A, LMP2, Endurance (GT4, GT3, LMP2, LMP1)
Tier 1: LMP1

You can find the full list of events & tiers in my career guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40081-version-1-03-The-Project-Cars-Career-Calendar-Database&p=1249593&viewfull=1#post1249593).
In my career at the end of every season I always had the option to renew my current contract as well as contracts in all disciplines of the tier above. Afaik there are no specific conditions to unlock season contracts in the main disciplines, if for whatever reason one cannot unlock contracts in a certain discipline chances are their career got glitched.

Zpectre87
10-11-2016, 17:35

You can find the full list of events & tiers in my career guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40081-version-1-03-The-Project-Cars-Career-Calendar-Database&p=1249593&viewfull=1#post1249593).
In my career at the end of every season I always had the option to renew my current contract as well as contracts in all disciplines of the tier above. Afaik there are no specific conditions to unlock season contracts in the main disciplines, if for whatever reason one cannot unlock contracts in a certain discipline chances are their career got glitched.

Great post, FS7!

Damn, I wanted to keep doing full races, but without being able to save, I guess I must give up on the full endurance events... :(

Pisshead30
12-11-2016, 09:28

Ive never understood the way the career works in the game just confuses me lol

Rambo_Commando
13-11-2016, 02:10
Is there an invitational series that uses the Formula Renault 3.5?

cxMilk
13-11-2016, 05:21
Does the Renault Masters Trophy make use of that car? Can't remember what all Renaults are on offer for that particular series.

(To be clear, not asking you directly, since you asked the original question. Just asking in general and hoping someone can yea/nay my assumption.)

FS7
13-11-2016, 10:11
Renault Masters Trophy allows you to use any Renault car including the FR 3.5.
You can find a list of all invitationals and the cars & tracks used in all of them here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40081-version-1-03-The-Project-Cars-Career-Calendar-Database&p=1249593&viewfull=1#post1249593).