PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory pit stops

Zpectre87
08-11-2016, 18:44
I'm racing GT4 series in career. The main race at Laguna Seca started with rain. It stopped raining before the pit window, so I went to the pits in an attempt to undercut everyone and put in medium tires to last the whole race. However, the game kept nagging me to pit after the pit window opened and I saw that one of the AI competitors (who pitted one lap earlier than me) did make another pit stop to fulfill the mandatory requirement. I decided to pit again because I thought I'd be disqualified, losing precious time.

1) If I had continued the race and finished without pitting during the period the pit window was open, would I have been DSQed?

2) If the answer to #1 is "yes", then why is it the case considering the race started with rain?

I was a bit disappointed because the AI was nowhere in the wet and I could build a good gap before pitting. If I'd stayed out on inters in an attempt to reach the window, I'd have handily won. :(

Seelenkrank
08-11-2016, 18:51
1) yes
2) shit happens

Zpectre87
08-11-2016, 18:53
Yeah I think I got it mixed with F1 where you don't have compound restriction when it rains. :(

joelsantos24
13-11-2016, 16:59
Although this doesn't necessarily have to do with mandatory pit stops, I wonder if anyone can confirm to me whether or not the AI does indeed pit during Endurance races. I'm currently racing in the WEC, and I just completed the Le Mans 24 hours, but I finished 6th in the series and overall, because I had to pit. Thing is, I set the fuel almost to the max, and I still had to pit, and I had no indication whatsoever that the AI cars did pit after I did.

wooddylan170
13-11-2016, 21:32
Although this doesn't necessarily have to do with mandatory pit stops, I wonder if anyone can confirm to me whether or not the AI does indeed pit during Endurance races. I'm currently racing in the WEC, and I just completed the Le Mans 24 hours, but I finished 6th in the series and overall, because I had to pit. Thing is, I set the fuel almost to the max, and I still had to pit, and I had no indication whatsoever that the AI cars did pit after I did.
Yeah they do. If you enable the crew chief add on (PC only), it will tell you whenever someone pits.

I also did an endurance race, and you can clearly tell with the times when someone pits:
https://youtu.be/rJ8esDsjE8o

Zpectre87
14-11-2016, 06:07
The only race remotely resembling an endurance race that I did was the McLaren F1 invitational at Zolder. The AI would pit if their tires were worn.

Somebody else mentioned a problem with Formula A not pitting, though. Which is why adding a mandatory pit stop to Formula A races (just like how it is in F1) would be great.