PDA

View Full Version : Pit Crew Commentary

Billy77781
13-11-2016, 18:49
Hi, I am loving Project Cars but when I play the career mode now there is no pit crew commentary anymore. There use to be and there is if I play practise weekend. I am a quarter of the way through the Clio Cup. Is there something I can do to fix it as I really miss it. Thanks.

Konan
13-11-2016, 19:39
Just be patient...sometimes the crewchief just stays silent for a long time...i've had the same "issue" when i thought something must have been broken but in fact this is normal...

Zpectre87
13-11-2016, 20:22
If you're playing invitationals, Ben does not speak to you during them. Only in the main events.

Billy77781
13-11-2016, 20:24
Oh ok that must be why thanks. Yer I haven't gotten up to the Clio races yet, just been playing invitationals. I wish he did speak in them though.

Roger Prynne
13-11-2016, 20:24
I don't think he's using Crew Chief (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC) Konan, but you should try it Billy.

Konan
13-11-2016, 20:44
I don't think he's using Crew Chief (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC) Konan, but you should try it Billy.

I actually meant the original Pcars crewchief...:cool:

hkraft300
14-11-2016, 06:56
I actually meant the original Pcars crewchief...:cool:

Engineer Ben?
Nah. His contract doesn't cover invitationals.
He's off to the pub half the time. If he's actually on the pit wall, he's busy chatting up the grid girls and not paying attention.
I know because his weather forecasts are terrible.

Fire him. Get Crew Chief.

Zpectre87
14-11-2016, 11:20
Engineer Ben?
Nah. His contract doesn't cover invitationals.
He's off to the pub half the time. If he's actually on the pit wall, he's busy chatting up the grid girls and not paying attention.
I know because his weather forecasts are terrible.

Fire him. Get Crew Chief.

Well TBH the Crew Chief told me yesterday the rain stopped after the track was too dry for wet tires anyways... And I had already pitted for softs. :D

When he says it's raining, though, he's spot on. You can safely go into the pits to change tires if he says that. The problem is that he never gives you the forecast, so you have to guess whether to put on inters or wets (if you have the choice of course) unless you pause the game to see the forecast. My race had "thunderstorm" as forecast, and visibility was surprisingly good.

You can "guess" when it's getting dry, though, because the track temps get warmer and the Crew Chief keeps updating you on that.

Schnizz58
14-11-2016, 15:27
The problem is that he never gives you the forecast, so you have to guess whether to put on inters or wets (if you have the choice of course) unless you pause the game to see the forecast.
This is true but the problem is actually in the game. It doesn't send the weather info to the 3rd party apps in a consistent or timely manner.

hkraft300
14-11-2016, 19:42
This is true but the problem is actually in the game. It doesn't send the weather info to the 3rd party apps in a consistent or timely manner.

Apparently it doesn't send it to Engineer Ben either!
I think it's getting messed up by shortened career races and/or time/weather progression.
When Engineer Ben says it'll rain in the next half hour usually means box for wet tyres on the next lap or you're up s*** creek on slicks and a broken diff lock.

Schnizz58
14-11-2016, 19:54
Yep, exactly right.