PDA

View Full Version : Wheel deal..or not ?

ONT
16-11-2016, 20:10
Is this "the shit" right now ??? or wait for for BODNER direct drive style ?

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/module/configurator&bundle_id=96

Fanapryde
16-11-2016, 21:49
You can not compare this Fanatec set with DD wheels, be it OSW or the really expensive Bodnar SS, or the Accuforce (e.g.)
The Fanatec is still belt driven.
Fanatec has a DD wheelbase in development though, but there are no details known yet.

DreamsKnight
17-11-2016, 12:06
You can not compare this Fanatec set with DD wheels, be it OSW or the really expensive Bodnar SS. The Fanatec is still belt driven.
Fanatec has a DD wheelbase in development though, but there are no details known yet.

and thrustmaster too.

beetes_juice
17-11-2016, 13:15
ONT, Do not get the XbonOne HUB, it is overpriced. PC version of the HUB is around 50-70 bucks cheaper and same exact thing. Can't find it on the website ATM thought which is weird, I ordered one around a month ago. Had Xb1 version in cart then saw the pc version was way cheaper.

ONT
17-11-2016, 17:49
ONT, Do not get the XbonOne HUB, it is overpriced. PC version of the HUB is around 50-70 bucks cheaper and same exact thing. Can't find it on the website ATM thought which is weird, I ordered one around a month ago. Had Xb1 version in cart then saw the pc version was way cheaper.

Still able to use with a Xbone ?

Think I may spring for a scorpion X if the price is right so I can play all my old X and 360 games....both consoles blew up :(

AbeWoz
17-11-2016, 18:38

universal version is no longer in production i think. you got one of the last ones.

Silraed
19-11-2016, 05:00
universal version is no longer in production i think. you got one of the last ones.

Yes the old hub was discontinued a while back and they have just been selling off what was left, it's still available in Australia but looks like they've sold out in the other regions.

Haiden
19-11-2016, 15:01
Can't use the old version with Xb1, though.

Also, be aware. The hub makes the rim heavy, especially if you add the paddles and button assemblies. The added weight, reduces the fidelity of the FFB. I had to strip all the button and paddle assemblies off the hub to get the weight down and improve the fidelity. But that basically regulated the rim to cars with sequential or H-shifters, but even then, I didn't have buttons for things like Look Left and Look Right. :( The BMW rim is much lighter than the hub combo. And the F1 and Porsche rims even lighter and offer the best fidelity. But the hub combo, although convenient, turned out to be my least favorite rim.

The CSL rim works with Xb1, and is lighter than the hub combo, but the rim isn't leather, and it doesn't have a quick release collar, which kind of annoying if you change rims often.