PDA

View Full Version : Getting proper fed up with Project cars

Trans-Girl
17-11-2016, 18:41
Why oh why does it randomly jump gears or not change at all, this is so frustrating, ruins the experience, when project cars works it's excellent but i can see me sticking this in the bin and trying something else.....

Synystr
17-11-2016, 18:48
Why oh why does it randomly jump gears or not change at all, this is so frustrating, ruins the experience, when project cars works it's excellent but i can see me sticking this in the bin and trying something else.....

May I recommend Automobilista? :)

FS7
17-11-2016, 18:50
I had the double-downshift & double-upshift bug back when I played the PS4 version, really annoying. I posted videos of it in the PS4 forum but never got a response.
I don't remember ever having that bug on the pc version, though.

Synystr
17-11-2016, 18:52
Oh wait, you're on PS4... nevermind.

Konan
17-11-2016, 19:47
Well...this probably is a known issue and for what it's worth i suggest you change the thread title to a less aggressive version in order to ensure SMS even looking at this thread...

Trans-Girl
17-11-2016, 20:07
Well...this probably is a known issue and for what it's worth i suggest you change the thread title to a less aggressive version in order to ensure SMS even looking at this thread...

Having trawled through lots of posts going back a long time, this issue is nothing new, SMS have had a long time to sort this out, so it would seem it is not high on their priority list, I feel SMS are not interested, perhaps it's because PC2 is coming, I don't know, but it does not inspire confidence in any future product...

Cholton82
17-11-2016, 20:27
I've never had any double downshift or any gear shift related issues on PS4 , I always think it's funny how some people have issues that are never experienced by some others on the same platform . Do you use a wheel ?

Trans-Girl
17-11-2016, 20:49
I've never had any double downshift or any gear shift related issues on PS4 , I always think it's funny how some people have issues that are never experienced by some others on the same platform . Do you use a wheel ?

Yeah a G29, this is totally random, never experienced it using stock settings on cars though

FS7
17-11-2016, 21:16
Back when I had a PS4 I used a DS4, had double-downshifts & double-upshifts every now and then, I've had it happen in several different cars using stock & custom setups. It happened with both controllers I had and only in PCars, all other racing games I played on PS4 worked fine.
It's a really random bug, I could never figure out a way to replicate it, maybe that's why SMS never fixed it.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
17-11-2016, 21:17
Yeah a G29, this is totally random, never experienced it using stock settings on cars thoughWithout knowing better it sounds like a controller issue, the G2X platform has been known to be a bit fickle at times (it took me three G25s until I got one that worked without double shifts etc. happening all the time). One way to check would be to connect the G29 to a PC and try out the buttons and paddles for a while in the Logitech driver screen that shows inputs, double activations should be easier to see there. Some games have tighter tolerances for double presses than others, so some games might be unaffected by such problems while it'd be plain as day in others.

Annoying to have such a problem, with my first few G25s it was really damn aggravating, and my (used) T500 F1 rim also does the same when shifting up, GT rim is fine though so at least I know where the problem is.

Mahjik
17-11-2016, 21:31
Apparently, the G29 has some issues:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48311-G29-Wheel-Game-Pause-when-turning&p=1297791&viewfull=1#post1297791

I would wager the issue you are experiencing is more likely with the controller.

Trans-Girl
17-11-2016, 21:38
Apparently, the G29 has some issues:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48311-G29-Wheel-Game-Pause-when-turning&p=1297791&viewfull=1#post1297791

I would wager the issue you are experiencing is more likely with the controller.

G29 works fine with Dirt Rally and works fine on Rfactor2 on the PC .....

Gpruitt54
17-11-2016, 23:13
Good point. But who would buy PC2 if PC1 is acting glitchy. I've read that the folks at SMS don't like hearing customer complaints. So, to the OP, maybe you should edit the title in order to placate the developers at SMS

Mahjik
17-11-2016, 23:30

It's possible that pCARS is more sensitive to double-clicks than other sims. I know rFactor has a setting you can tweak to aid with double-clicks.

hkraft300
18-11-2016, 01:47
It very rarely happens, but has happened with my fairly new barely used G29.
Didn't have the problem with the DS4.

Konan
18-11-2016, 02:59
I've read that the folks at SMS don't like hearing customer complaints.

I've read somewhere that Elvis is still alive...point is:don't believe everything you read...:rolleyes:
It's not the complaints SMS don't want to hear,it's how these complaints are brought...:cool:
(Which is why i agree with your "title" comment)

Zpectre87
18-11-2016, 03:59
My G27's paddles will occasionally miss a shift, but that's because of too quick movement of my hands.

That being said, the G29's issue could be a combination of poor signal and how the game treats it.

hkraft300
18-11-2016, 05:09
That being said, the G29's issue could be a combination of poor signal and how the game treats it.

Logitech/SMS could do more about it if someone could isolate the issue.
Despite Logitech being budget wheels: it's an >$350au item and the quality really Needs to be better.
I'd have returned/replaced it already if I'd paid more for the wheel. If the double shift glitch happens a few more times I'd definitely be replacing the wheel.

Trans-Girl
18-11-2016, 06:51
It's possible that pCARS is more sensitive to double-clicks than other sims. I know rFactor has a setting you can tweak to aid with double-clicks.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain the not shifting at all...

Trans-Girl
18-11-2016, 06:53
Logitech/SMS could do more about it if someone could isolate the issue.
Despite Logitech being budget wheels: it's an >$350au item and the quality really Needs to be better.
I'd have returned/replaced it already if I'd paid more for the wheel. If the double shift glitch happens a few more times I'd definitely be replacing the wheel.

The wheel works fine on other games and formats, reading through others complaints this happens with the ps4 controller as well......

cmch15
18-11-2016, 08:10
The wheel works fine on other games and formats, reading through others complaints this happens with the ps4 controller as well......

Do you have auto clutch on? I get it with the pad at least once most times I use it, but not with my G29 (manual clutch).

Trans-Girl
18-11-2016, 08:56
Do you have auto clutch on? I get it with the pad at least once most times I use it, but not with my G29 (manual clutch).

Usually run with manual clutch. But have had this problem with auto clutch as well, just doesn't seem to be any consistency in the problem. It's totally ramdom

racesafegrandad
18-11-2016, 09:11

I got this exact same problem with my G29 for a few days and then it went away and never happened again. Then a few weeks later my son got the same problem with his G29 and it too went away after a few days and never came back again? this was about 9 months ago.
My advice, stick with it and with any luck your problem will just go away too. Its not your wheel in my opinion but what it really is is a mystery to me?
Hope that helps?

Grijo
18-11-2016, 10:57
The funny thing is, after almost 600 hours playing with the gamepad (online and offline) using semi-automatic transmission (manual gears, auto clutch), Ive never experienced that problem. I recently bought a G29 and played for about 7 / 8 hours straight and nothing.

Sometimes I read these complaints about the bugs and I feel like I`m playing something else. I dont know, its too weird. Im not doubting about the users complaints, away from me to do that, Im just saying…

Since the beginning, I only experienced: the flat tires after doing the pit stop (resolved after patch), AI absurd performance with rain tyres (resolved after patch), AI doing the mandatory pit stop in the last lap and winning the race because of that (resolved after patch), some cars (like the Yellowbird) presents a horrible high lighting exposure in the cockpit (still have), the disconnections from online lobbys (still occur a lot), Audi R8 pulling the gear to neutral when the floor of it hits the ground or the car hits a barrier or something (still exists), Silverstone Classic bugs that turns the track useless for online racing (still there) and the problem of getting stuck in the pits on Nordschleife Combined (still there).

Landmines? Cars flying around? Double shift? Weird physics responses? Tyres getting too hot or cold? A lot of other problem related in this forum? Not with me...

Trans-Girl
18-11-2016, 13:32
G29 works fine on Asseta Corsa as well, not a fan of the game though

Sankyo
18-11-2016, 13:42
That could also be sensitivity to inputs of pCARS. Or maybe you're trying to shift at a moment that is (physically) not possible, e.g. when not properly clutching or rev-matching, or shifting too fast?

Zpectre87
18-11-2016, 13:50
That could also be sensitivity to inputs of pCARS. Or maybe you're trying to shift at a moment that is (physically) not possible, e.g. when not properly clutching or rev-matching, or shifting too fast?

I don't think the OP is grinding gears, but that could be a possibility.

(on a totally unrelated note, I like how the grinding mechanic was implemented in pCARS... In the HistoriX mod for rFactor, which uses Richard Jackett's grinding tranny mod, the original setting was too aggressive)

Mahjik
18-11-2016, 14:29

Are you experiencing the "not shifting" sometimes on all cars or just certain ones? The reason I ask is that it could be related to some of the gearboxes of the cars.

Trans-Girl
18-11-2016, 14:40
first noticed this problem with the Z4, only happened when i was testing at Hockenheim now its with the P30 LMP1 at Sakitto GP... just ran 40 laps in the P30, no problem, came into the pits adjusted tyre pressures second lap out, skipping gears on the upshift..... changed pressures back, still skipping gears,

hkraft300
18-11-2016, 17:37
I've had it in the Marek P1 during practice/quali at Hock GP last I remember. MP session.
Manual shift, auto clutch off.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
18-11-2016, 21:04
G29 works fine on Asseta Corsa as well, not a fan of the game thoughSome games have different thresholds for how quick the button presses can be before they start ignoring them. Some games have had them closer to a second, pCARS clearly allows them to be much much quicker, and indeed potentially too quick since malfunctioning controllers have caused these issues (I've seen similar things happen to Fanatec shifters that have flickering signals). So it could well be a two fold problem, pCARS allowing the buttons to be mashed too quickly and the controller sending a faulty signal. Since you're getting both double shifts and completely missed shifts I'd be tempted to think that the button isn't functioning 100% perfectly on the G29. Can you try checking the button activation somewhere where it's a bit clearer? It might even be grounds for a warranty return.

Trans-Girl
18-11-2016, 21:42
Plugged it into the PC using the Logitech software to check the buttons, can't replicate the problem there.. some people have reported the same problem with the PS4 controller...

kevin kirk
18-11-2016, 22:18
I mostly drive cars with paddle shift using a controller on xbox. Turning auto clutch off solved this problem completely for me.

cmch15
20-11-2016, 12:24
I mostly drive cars with paddle shift using a controller on xbox. Turning auto clutch off solved this problem completely for me.

That would be consistent with my experience, ie. pad with auto clutch seems to get skipped gears, normally on downshift. G29 manual clutch and no skipped gears. However the OP says they run manual clutch so that doesn't hold up.

Shortly after turning on one day I had some persistent double shifts (G29), blew into the paddle switches and pulled the paddles lots of times and they went away. I put this down to dust as when the Playseat Challenge is in storage position the paddles are facing up.

Trans-Girl
20-11-2016, 15:44
Well i have practice, qualifying and a 45 lap race in just over an hour with the Half Fast Racing League..... fingers crossed....

Sankyo
20-11-2016, 16:52
Would be good if you could catch the mis-shifts on video, so we could judging what's going on.

FS7
20-11-2016, 17:19
Would be good if you could catch the mis-shifts on video, so we could judging what's going on.
I posted videos of double downshifting in the thread below:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46171-Double-downshifting/page3

DS4 controller, manual gears, auto clutch. It's a pretty random bug. Haven't had it happen in the pc version so far (X360 controller, manual gears, auto clutch).