PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to PC, cars drive differently

Gpruitt54
17-11-2016, 20:12
I've been away from PC for more than a year. When I got back to PC, I noticed that the driving model must have changed a lot. The cars I like all seem to have loads of under steer. Every time I turn the car and back end steps out. How do I fix that?

Also, How do I get the setting available here into the PC cars? Are there setup files to download?

Siberian Tiger
17-11-2016, 20:25
A good Start for Setups is this wonderfull Site: http://projectcarssetups.eu

And the Handling itself didn't changed drastically, however the Tires where developed further and where optimized...

Gpruitt54
17-11-2016, 21:57
Yes, I have been looking at the car setups. How do I get those setups added to the cars on my system? Are there setup files that I download and apply to the cars on my system?

Zpectre87
17-11-2016, 21:59
Yes, I have been looking at the car setups. How do I get those setups added to the cars on my system? Are there setup files that I download and apply to the cars on my system?

Nope. You must input the data manually. (despite many, many complaints against SMS for this, they've never fixed it)

Gpruitt54
17-11-2016, 22:12
WoW! given the many setting in PC, that has to take ages to complete. OK, so another noob question. Can you at least print out the setting data in order to manually add the individual settings to PC while the game application is running and occupying the screen? On my system at least PC does not like to be Alt-Tab'ed in order to switch to another application, in this case to review a setting for transcribing them into PC's settings.

Is there an app for that? Hey! What an opportunity for some programmer to develop, an utility that can read setting data, and place it into PC's car settings.

Mahjik
17-11-2016, 23:33
You could run pCARS in Window Mode instead of ALT-TAB'ing just to get your setups entered.

hkraft300
17-11-2016, 23:58
Or open the website on a tablet/ mobile device.
Or take a picture On your phone.
I use screenshot On PS4 to share setups.

DreamsKnight
18-11-2016, 13:35
I've been away from PC for more than a year. When I got back to PC, I noticed that the driving model must have changed a lot. The cars I like all seem to have loads of under steer. Every time I turn the car and back end steps out. How do I fix that?

Also, How do I get the setting available here into the PC cars? Are there setup files to download?

-set a proper field of view and seat inclination (road level) for your rig/eyes
-brake early but better.

i resolved all my problem of under steer in this way.

Gpruitt54
21-11-2016, 14:40
You could run pCARS in Window Mode instead of ALT-TAB'ing just to get your setups entered.

Running PC in Window mode did the trick. I run a triple monitor setup so sim in a separate window and setup details in another was the solution. Thanks!

I tried a setup from a racer who's videos I have watched. He created a setup for the BMW Z4. I made the setup changes per the listing. The setup recommended changes in areas that I would never have considered changing, and in nearly all setting groups like differential settings for example. But, the results are dramatic in terms of making a car that I can now drive and push in the turns. If I over break or are to aggressive out of the corners, I can now adjust without unsettling the car. Lap times are now improved and consistent. I tried another setting for a RUF RGT-8 GT3. It was not to my liking as the setup was designed for an Xbox controller. I use a T300 wheel and Fanatic Clupsport peddle set. I found another setting and it was much better. Again, consistent and faster laps

I changed the setting in the BMW Z4 and RUF RGT-8 GT3 cars, and will next try the Benz AMG. If the results so far pan out, I am on the right track (pun intended) with Project Cars. I would recommend changing with nearly all the GT cars. It is working for me so far.