PDA

View Full Version : Can't get simvibe to work with oculus

slademad
19-11-2016, 20:48
I had a problem getting project cars be running in sim commander but manage to find solution on forums and now project cars will launch in vr from sim commander but I can't get any output to my shakers. They work ok when in monitor move but nothing when using vr. When I try test mode the shakers respond but when I go into the game there is nothing from the shakers. Any body had this problem or got any answers

hpiguy
19-11-2016, 22:54
What version of Windows are you using? And are you using a second sound card to drive the shakers? I'm running Windows 10, and have to use Voicemeeter Banana as Win 10 only allows one audio output, and I have three. Also, you really need a standalone soundcard if you're going to be using software to run only the bass shakers. I'm using a $7 Sabrent USB card from Amazon, and running X Sim (free) to convert the game telemetry to audio for my bass shakers.

slademad
20-11-2016, 08:39
What version of Windows are you using? And are you using a second sound card to drive the shakers? I'm running Windows 10, and have to use Voicemeeter Banana as Win 10 only allows one audio output, and I have three. Also, you really need a standalone soundcard if you're going to be using software to run only the bass shakers. I'm using a $7 Sabrent USB card from Amazon, and running X Sim (free) to convert the game telemetry to audio for my bass shakers.

I'm using windows 10 with asus xonar dgx sound card. Everything works fine when using project cars with the monitor but when using oculus there is nothing going to the shakers. If windows only allows 1 audio output I'll disable sound to oculus headphones and see if that helps

museumsteve
20-11-2016, 19:34
I had a problem getting project cars be running in sim commander but manage to find solution on forums and now project cars will launch in vr from sim commander but I can't get any output to my shakers. They work ok when in monitor move but nothing when using vr. When I try test mode the shakers respond but when I go into the game there is nothing from the shakers. Any body had this problem or got any answers

Are you using Steam or Oculus Home? I don't know about OH but steam has option to launch in normal or VR mode so I assume it's using a slightly different exe maybe. I launch pCARS from steam in Oculus VR mode then once it's loaded I then click the pCARS logo on sim commander and it runs fine and says attaching to game already running. I'm using Windows 10.

slademad
21-11-2016, 21:27
Launching through steam and vr mode same as you now. Got everything working now, problem was soundcard settings. I'd been getting sound going to shakers as well as simvibe. With all that going to the shakers I'd turned down settings in simvibe control centre. So when I eliminated the sound to the shakers the simvibe settings were that low I couldn't feel any vibration and though they weren't working. Everything as it should be ;)

Cuba
11-03-2017, 14:08
Launching through steam and vr mode same as you now. Got everything working now, problem was soundcard settings. I'd been getting sound going to shakers as well as simvibe. With all that going to the shakers I'd turned down settings in simvibe control centre. So when I eliminated the sound to the shakers the simvibe settings were that low I couldn't feel any vibration and though they weren't working. Everything as it should be ;)

Hi, I'm having issues with simvibe picking up game sounds. How did you eliminate sound to the shaker?

Edit: Fixed, updated Sim Commander 4. After initial purchase of SC4, it took a few days for my logon to work. Once I logged on, SC4 updated and no issues.