PDA

View Full Version : triple screen, what fov?

Jynn
27-11-2016, 17:59
I understand Project cars uses horizontal FOV, and using this fov calculator (http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php), my fov should be 163 degrees. However the game only goes up to 160 and it looks horribly stretched even at that. Playing around with the ingame adjuster, it seems 120 degrees is more realistic but I'd like to know what my correct fov should be. What do you guys with triple screen setups use?

Jussi Karjalainen
27-11-2016, 19:02
Without separately rendering each monitor those calculators don't really work. I think the closest to realistic you're going to get is with the following method:

Calculate the FOV for a single screen, and run the game in single screen mode with that FOV. Pay attention to what you see in the cockpit around the edges when you do this, take a picture if necessary.

Then switch to triples and go into the game again. Go on the track and use the keyboard FOV +/- commands to adjust the FOV until the center screen looks like it did before.

It'll always be a bit of a compromise between accurate center screen and accurate side screens, once you find the spot for the center screen you'll probably want to fiddle with it a bit (probably increase it somewhat) until you get something that works for you.

Mahjik
27-11-2016, 19:06
As mentioned, it will depend on your resolution and distance to the monitors. I use 103 for my FOV. I would start between 105 and 110 and go down until you don't like it. Then step back up one notch. As Jussi mentions, you can adjust it in real time. The default adjustment keys are the "[" and "]" but you can set them to whatever you desire in the "Edit Assignment" page.

Jynn
27-11-2016, 21:09
thx for the tips guys :)

DreamsKnight
28-11-2016, 07:51
this is not the solution but a good explanation of what is happening.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/19244-bad-triple-monitor-support-in-project-cars-explained

F1_Racer68
01-12-2016, 16:22
28 inch monitors, my FOV is set to 125. Distance from screens is 36"