PDA

View Full Version : Final chicane, Le Mans cheat.

racesafegrandad
29-11-2016, 16:42
For all those that use the final chicane cheat at Le Mans and rob me of a race win. May the curse of Satan himself be upon you!! Grrrrr.

hkraft300
30-11-2016, 01:00
Is that the one where, despite penalties: on, someone a few seconds behind you can cut the last chicanes at high speed, take the penalty and roll across the finish line ahead of you?

Ye mate. Copped it too a few times.
Public MP :rolleyes:

Grijo
30-11-2016, 10:35
I will never understand that kind of behaviour. Ok, so he won. Than what? He not earned the position, just took an advantage of a glitch. And for what? For a win he donīt deserve it. And itīs not like he will gain a prize for that or something. Itīs just to say "I won". But not for his merit. I simply donīt get it. In my head, things like that "doesnīt fit". If I did make something like that, propably, in my head, I would be thinking "Man, Iīm such a loser...I suck".

Konan
30-11-2016, 10:42
Yep...that's like when Mr Bean buys himself Christmas cards...doesn't fool anyone,just makes himself look more pitiful...:rolleyes:

Grijo
30-11-2016, 10:53
Yep...that's like when Mr Bean buys himself Christmas cards...doesn't fool anyone,just makes himself look more pitiful...:rolleyes:

Perfect translation for that kind of behaviour...of course, with Mr. Bean all situations are funny, specially when he faces that light blue Reliant Robin! :D

Konan
30-11-2016, 10:56
Perfect translation for that kind of behaviour...of course, with Mr. Bean all situations are funny, specially when he faces that light blue Reliant Robin! :D

Obligated to cut chicanes with that thing...lol

Grijo
30-11-2016, 11:03
Obligated to cut chicanes with that thing...lol

That could be a great penalty for cheaters. If you cheat, automatically you car turns into a Reliant Robin, right there in the middle of the race, until it ends. ;)
SMS, itīs possible to implement that for Pcars 2 since the game is still in development? :p

Konan
30-11-2016, 11:08
Better still and easier to implement imo...immediately remove one wheel from the car you're driving...happens IRL too (just last weekend with Button hitting the curb)...lol

Grijo
30-11-2016, 11:19
Better still and easier to implement imo...immediately remove one wheel from the car you're driving...happens IRL too (just last weekend with Button hitting the curb)...lol

racesafegrandad
30-11-2016, 13:14
Is that the one where, despite penalties: on, someone a few seconds behind you can cut the last chicanes at high speed, take the penalty and roll across the finish line ahead of you?

Ye mate. Copped it too a few times.
Public MP :rolleyes:

Yep!
And a 1.45 at Monza in a GT3 car! [probably just me being crap at Monza with my 1.48 maybe? :(

Zpectre87
30-11-2016, 15:30
One way to solve would be to make the car even slower after a penalty... Slow enough to prevent it from crossing the finish line before the penalty expires.

Another solution which is probably not too difficult to implement would be to automatically DSQ a car that crosses the finish line in the final lap while a penalty is being served.

Diamond_Eyes
30-11-2016, 16:16
I think there's two types: 5 and 10 second penalties, right?

One of my main beefs with penalties is: if you get nerfed off the track by another car (AI or during MP) you still cop a cut-track penalty even though its not your fault, coz it's indiscriminate

+1 for option to race in Ghost Mode :ghost:

racesafegrandad
30-11-2016, 16:56

One of my main beefs with penalties is: if you get nerfed off the track by another car (AI or during MP) you still cop a cut-track penalty even though its not your fault, coz it's indiscriminate

What we need is a ‘Clark of the course’ Now that would be something in the virtual world! :)

Tank621
30-11-2016, 18:54
That could be a great penalty for cheaters. If you cheat, automatically you car turns into a Reliant Robin, right there in the middle of the race, until it ends. ;)
SMS, itīs possible to implement that for Pcars 2 since the game is still in development? :p

Excuse me! The Reliant Robin is a highly capable racecar

hkraft300
30-11-2016, 21:34

Nope.
I've had 100+ seconds for running wide lol

Ban the "slow down" penalties. It should be a warning, then drive-through/stop-go/DQ for repeat violations.

Racing in "ghost mode"? You may as well just do TT. But this has all been discussed at length on an old thread last year.

gotdirt410sprintcar
01-12-2016, 05:30
I say a minute penalty would stop that real quick... You may have crossed the line first but the guys behind with in that time gain the spots and most likely the cheater will end up last easy fix

hkraft300
01-12-2016, 06:39
End of race time penalty sure. But the current slow down penalties, any seconds remaining as you cross the finish line, don't get added to the race time. Which, yes, could be a solution.
I'd rather be done away with slower down penalties altogether, and this particular method of cheating be added to race time so they drop down the ladder anyway.

I've also lost a position having run out of fuel at the last corner and rolling over the finish line, only to be passed by 1-3 following cars lol

NeonFlux
01-12-2016, 08:08
Nope.
I've had 100+ seconds for running wide lol

Ban the "slow down" penalties. It should be a warning, then drive-through/stop-go/DQ for repeat violations.

Racing in "ghost mode"? You may as well just do TT. But this has all been discussed at length on an old thread last year.

Sorry hkraft but I think a warning/drive through/stop-go/DQ system is a tad too extreme for online racing, particularly in public lobby's where unscrupulous drivers could take advantage and punt people into corner cuts on purpose. It is fine in real life though where human discretion in the form of stewards can be used. Personally I think time should be added at the end... still unfair on those that get punted off on purpose but I wouldn't expect pcars to be able to differentiate between unintentional "cuts" and those doing it on purpose.

However, none of the above options would solve the issue of people being able to cut the final chicane on Le Mans and win the race because of it. People doing that sort of dirty trick should be ashamed. It's unsporting and as such they should be kicked from the lobby.... they'd be kicked from mine for sure :)

Diamond_Eyes
01-12-2016, 10:36
However, none of the above options would solve the issue of people being able to cut the final chicane on Le Mans and win the race because of it. People doing that sort of dirty trick should be ashamed. It's unsporting and as such they should be kicked from the lobby.... they'd be kicked from mine for sure :)

Another option would be to install inpenetrable (invisible) walls at the short-cut points on a track which you'll just crash into

Grijo
01-12-2016, 11:46
Another option would be to install inpenetrable (invisible) walls at the short-cut points on a track which you'll just crash into

Konan
01-12-2016, 12:57

Invisible walls? I thought everyone wanted them OUT of the game?...lol

hkraft300
01-12-2016, 13:09
In public lobbies I'm careful when/where I pass someone I don't know.
The last lobby I hosted yesterday a guy hit me off at Spa on the back straight before blanchimont but I got past. I have him a chance, but then tried to ram me at the bus stop.
Instant kick.
Time added at the end would work at le mans too, no?
I like the invisible wall idea, or magic sandpit?

aa2297
01-12-2016, 13:26
What about when someone cuts a corner eg last chicane at Le Mans their brakes are applied for 5 seconds and their accelerator is disabled for those 5 seconds also?

Grijo
01-12-2016, 14:00

Apparently not :p. Can SMS return with that? lol

(just a joke...or not)

I like the invisible wall idea, or magic sandpit?

Synystr
01-12-2016, 14:58
ANY automated loss of control in a racing game is dangerous. Time penalties added post race are the only safe way to do it, if you want to be governed my an automated system. But automated systems have inherent flaws. I shouldn't be given a 15 second penalty for taking avoiding action or, for example, I was following someone down through Pouhon and they ran a bit wide, got a 5 second cut track penalty, started slowing down, and I slammed into the back of them because I didn't expect them to start slowing in a flat out left hander.

The fact of the matter is, you need to find people to race with who aren't cheats. I highly suggest racing in a league. 100%. Or at least add people you have a good race with to build up a good grid size. That way you can race with the penalty system off and govern yourselves.

No true racer will cheapen the experience by cheating.

Invisible walls are ridiculous.

hkraft300
01-12-2016, 20:31
Oh definitely.
I have a few guys I race with.
I'll crack open a public lobby sometimes at an odd hour or to meet good racers.

Grijo
01-12-2016, 23:19
Oh definitely.
I have a few guys I race with.
I'll crack open a public lobby sometimes at an odd hour or to meet good racers.

Me, me, pick me for a good race!! :cheerful: It's a shame that our time zone it's sooo different because I'm looking for a good group to race together. I'm not the fastest driver but I'm a clean one. Yeah, I make mistakes, I'm not perfect, but I always plan my moves, I'm patient.

That's me with other guys. I'm the blue Beemer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pf_VN0nJ84

Grijo
01-12-2016, 23:49
And me in the Merc against a RUF...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEIB5FFIswU

gotdirt410sprintcar
02-12-2016, 03:13

Yeah i don't think it be good on a wheel special a game,like pcars but cheaters wheels I don't care lol sorry cheaters

hkraft300
02-12-2016, 04:34
But automated systems have inherent flaws. I shouldn't be given a 15 second penalty for taking avoiding action or, for example, I was following someone down through Pouhon and they ran a bit wide, got a 5 second cut track penalty, started slowing down, and I slammed into the back of them because I didn't expect them to start slowing in a flat out left hander.

The fact of the matter is, you need to find people to race with who aren't cheats. I highly suggest racing in a league. 100%. Or at least add people you have a good race with to build up a good grid size. That way you can race with the penalty system off and govern yourselves.

No true racer will cheapen the experience by cheating.

For a good automated system, you need good AI which, frankly we're a fair few years away for that sort of tech.
When I've had slow down penalties I know to stay off the line especially with other cars close behind me. Most people in public lobbies, unfortunately, don't.
In league races, especially ones being streamed to sponsors etc, penalties are off. Everyone follows rules. 16th spot is for the race director to monitor and stream, we call cautions ourselves and safety car if need be.

Me, me, pick me for a good race!! :cheerful: It's a shame that our time zone it's sooo different because I'm looking for a good group to race together. I'm not the fastest driver but I'm a clean one. Yeah, I make mistakes, I'm not perfect, but I always plan my moves, I'm patient.

I'm rarely racing with local guys as I work at night. More often with European/American time zones suit me best. Shoot me a request on PSN I'll introduce you to some guys.

Grijo
02-12-2016, 08:38
I'm rarely racing with local guys as I work at night. More often with European/American time zones suit me best. Shoot me a request on PSN I'll introduce you to some guys.

I will send to you when I get back to my home. Right now I'm heading to my work. What time and days you use to play together?

Why people hate so much public lobbies? That's why...(why they do things like that??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsgGsld8A0

Diamond_Eyes
02-12-2016, 11:13

You're right, they are - but just an idea for the public lobby melee, where there is no code or etiquette

T1 Monza, jeez - i just avoid Monza altogether

synyster gates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YqCTOBZdk

hkraft300
02-12-2016, 12:07
T1 monza is crashfest.
I dare say many of the crashers are just incompetent. Lack of situational and spacial awareness, poor judgement and car control...
I've had many crashes where the other guy just didn't mean it. Noobs jumping into LMP1/2/900/FA/FB/Indy cars with little experience doesn't bode well.
First time I fired up pcars I jumped straight in the FA. Crashed many times. Got humbled. Did some laps in karts to get the feel of the game.

I will send to you when I get back to my home. Right now I'm heading to my work. What time and days you use to play together?

Most days, about +12 hours after the time you made that post :)

Synystr
03-12-2016, 02:48
synyster gates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YqCTOBZdk

Thats where I got it :P