PDA

View Full Version : Beginner HELP!

Bearface
01-12-2016, 12:17
Not been into race games and genuinly a gta,watchdogs open world gamer, also fifa and wwe2k17, thought id get this game as it looks amazing and im a stat freak.. How the hell do i play this! How do i spin out on the straight road esp on clio cup tier 6, any tutorial or websites to see what i can do to resolve,
*Does this happen to all newbies.
*how long till an average starter take to get competitive?

Sankyo
01-12-2016, 12:32
Hi and welcome!

This game tries to simulate real cars, so you need to drive them as real cars especially regarding throttle and steering input. I take it you're using a controller as input device? The key element is smooth inputs, and build it up slowly. If you never played a race sim before, you won't be competitive for a while against good AI, so dial that AI level down but above all take the car out on the track and practice :)

Konan
01-12-2016, 13:00
...and be especially carefull on the outlap in practice and qualifying since your tyres will still be cold...
Welcome to a new experience...:cool:

Bearface
01-12-2016, 13:09
Im using the ps4 control, ive started hitting accelarate gently, seem to get better results

Python-Five
01-12-2016, 14:25
I am new at Pcars too. Using the controller and have not been able to drive in a straight line. Have not been able to take a decent corner for that matter ;-) I have been playing MS Flight Simulator for many years and it took me one year to get a plane of the ground and fly. In a decent matter that is. I have been driving around in Real Racing 3 for about three years and was not getting anywhere in the first year or so.

I just bought a PS4 two weeks ago. I am reading a lot on the internet and looking at YouTube for information. I have a Logitech G29 and Shifter waiting in the box to be mounted on a decent race seat (which I have yet to buy) but my plan is to practice my ass off... Can I say *SS here :-)

Like they say: practice makes perfect...

morpwr
01-12-2016, 14:29
I am new at Pcars too. Using the controller and have not been able to drive in a straight line. Have not been able to take a decent corner for that matter ;-) I have been playing MS Flight Simulator for many years and it took me one year to get a plane of the ground and fly. In a decent matter that is. I have been driving around in Real Racing 3 for about three years and was not getting anywhere in the first year or so.

I just bought a PS4 two weeks ago. I am reading a lot on the internet and looking at YouTube for information. I have a Logitech G29 and Shifter waiting in the box to be mounted on a decent race seat (which I have yet to buy) but my plan is to practice my ass off... Can I say *SS here :-)

Like they say: practice makes perfect...

Get the seat you wont be disappointed.

Python-Five
01-12-2016, 14:31
Get the seat you wont be disappointed.

I know... waiting for the € 800 for the RSeat RS1 to magically show up in my wallet ;-)

morpwr
01-12-2016, 15:47
I know... waiting for the € 800 for the RSeat RS1 to magically show up in my wallet ;-)

aren't we all...

John Hargreaves
01-12-2016, 20:19
Driving with a controller, I would definitely recommend having ABS, traction control and stability control on. You can still spin out if you go daft, but the feeling is closer to driving with a wheel IMO, because with a wheel and pedals, you can make tiny corrections very quickly, and the assists sort of replicate that for the controller. As said above, smoothness in steering is all, and use the AI (start at 50% skill and at the back of the grid) to judge your braking points. Apply throttle smoothly too and use real world driving technique, learning how fast to take each corner and build up a mental picture of the whole track. You'll get hooked before long. It's quite a different game with a controller, but fun nonetheless.

Dontworryimpushinglikehel
17-12-2016, 06:40
On YouTube, search for the video 'best controller settings project cars Ps4' and watch the one first in the list (has a red r8) as the thumbnail pic.

It made a big difference for me, as in I can now drive in straight lines and round corners. ��

androidslide
23-12-2016, 15:19
It took me a while to get going too - recommend YouTube videos - this game is v unforgiving when you get in a tailspin - I usually restart!

Rig009
24-12-2016, 03:56
Hello androidslide ive got many around 10 world records on project cars and i also use a controller, copy my settings and see how you go,

Steering sensitivty 0
Steering deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 0
Throttle deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 0

Speed sensitivity 75 (crucial)
Controller input 3 (also crucial)
Advanced = off

Rig009
24-12-2016, 03:57
Also, in each cars setup make sure you put the steering ratio to the max for every single car, these settings combined with max steering ratio and the car setup is the closest a wheel can be to a pad