PDA

View Full Version : Head starts spinning as i start accelerating

gamerman972
03-12-2016, 20:15
Hey all,
it's been 3 days since I got Vive. I got a 1070 GTX with Core I-7 and 16 gig ram. I am able to get consistently 90 FPS (without making any changes to the setting). The moment I start racing my head start spinning to a point that I am forced to take off my headset. When I play room scale games (experiences) where I move around or teleport then I don't feel that. What's going on. Will I be able to over come it or do I have to return my head set?

gp20
05-12-2016, 03:24
What kind of headset it is?

Ryzza5
05-12-2016, 08:56
What cars + tracks are you trying?

Can I suggest starting in a slow car with a roof (i.e. Toyota 86) on a flat track (Hokenheim) without opponents? When you start introducing the elevation I find it helpful to slouch and sit up - move as if you were there. Take it slow for an hour each day.

hpiguy
05-12-2016, 12:40
I think you're saying it's making you motion sick, not that your actual view is spinning around, correct? If it's motion sickness, it's known to be a common thing. Take it slow, and wait until you've fully recovered to have another go at it. A lot of people have to build up their VR legs so to speak.

Infidels
05-12-2016, 18:41
Type in project cars motion sickness on YouTube. Theres a video that offers different settings that may help