PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2:What we are 99%-100% certain about.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mascot
24-01-2017, 14:03
Especially the oojamaflip. It's awesome.

It's official then: vehicles can oojamaflip onto their roofs!

Sum Dixon-Ear
24-01-2017, 14:05
Especially the oojamaflip. It's awesome.

I preferred the plethora of 'whatchamacallits' and one particularly splendid 'oocha-bugger-whit's-at?' myself.

Invincible
24-01-2017, 14:19
I preferred the plethora of 'whatchamacallits' and one particularly splendid 'oocha-bugger-whit's-at?' myself.

You haven't seen the thingmabob's yet!

EHM
24-01-2017, 14:35
So another game just announced Porsche.

While it's only 99% confirmed, I really think you've shot yourself in the foot a little by not making a big deal out of it first or atleast just confirming it, I mean it makes no difference in the end game but I would have loved to see even a 30 second teaser since we've waited for it to be included inside a sim of this caliber for 15 years, by the time we get an official confirmation it's going to be like the tenth game to do so including Sim and Arcade alike.

Then again I have no idea the specifics of the licensing terms or if you're even allowed to do so, or if there's not an accurate representation of the game build to show it off etc.

Once again a minor thing, but one that just stuck out at me. I hope it doesn't come across as pedantic.

Mascot
24-01-2017, 14:41
OK, I'm just going to float this out there. A little bird told me that physics-based effects for tracks and environments are being dialled up to eleven for pCARS 2, and that weather and atmospheric effects are of biblical proportions. Stuff that puts all other racing sims to shame, I'm led to believe. In general terms and without busting NDAs wide open, how much truth is there in this, and how many locusts constitute a plague?

EHM
24-01-2017, 14:46
Really hoping to see some lighting and colour balance tweaks, the detail is all there and it only needs a bit of work to make it look twice as good. I also can't wait to see the weather effects, I already think they were brilliant in Pcars.

cluck
24-01-2017, 14:54
OK, I'm just going to float this out there. A little bird told me that physics-based effects for tracks and environments are being dialled up to eleven for pCARS 2, and that weather and atmospheric effects are of biblical proportions. Stuff that puts all other racing sims to shame, I'm led to believe. In general terms and without busting NDAs wide open, how much truth is there in this, and how many locusts constitute a plague?5, except on Tuesdays :yes:

EDIT : On a more serious note, weather. Yes. It looks rather splendid :)

Sankyo
24-01-2017, 19:26
OK, I'm just going to float this out there. A little bird told me that physics-based effects for tracks and environments are being dialled up to eleven for pCARS 2, and that weather and atmospheric effects are of biblical proportions. Stuff that puts all other racing sims to shame, I'm led to believe. In general terms and without busting NDAs wide open, how much truth is there in this?
Somewhere between 0 and 110%.

Pisshead30
24-01-2017, 21:56
So another game just announced Porsche.

While it's only 99% confirmed, I really think you've shot yourself in the foot a little by not making a big deal out of it first or atleast just confirming it, I mean it makes no difference in the end game but I would have loved to see even a 30 second teaser since we've waited for it to be included inside a sim of this caliber for 15 years, by the time we get an official confirmation it's going to be like the tenth game to do so including Sim and Arcade alike.

Then again I have no idea the specifics of the licensing terms or if you're even allowed to do so, or if there's not an accurate representation of the game build to show it off etc.

Once again a minor thing, but one that just stuck out at me. I hope it doesn't come across as pedantic.

What other game?

Hobbs77
24-01-2017, 22:16
OK, I'm just going to float this out there. A little bird told me that physics-based effects for tracks and environments are being dialled up to eleven for pCARS 2, and that weather and atmospheric effects are of biblical proportions. Stuff that puts all other racing sims to shame, I'm led to believe. In general terms and without busting NDAs wide open, how much truth is there in this, and how many locusts constitute a plague?

I hope that doesn't mean a delay of a year or 2 because they haven't got the complete specs to include Noah's ark .......and then all the time needed to rework the physics because it doesn't drive like a boat any more!:p

EHM
24-01-2017, 22:54
What other game?

CSR2.

Pisshead30
25-01-2017, 01:06
CSR2.

Which is?

T0MMY
25-01-2017, 06:21
Which is?

A mobile free to play drag racing game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxP0iY0pktI

Dresden
25-01-2017, 06:54
Ian- this thread is going off track.

Another teaser- please!?!

It is February. Almost.

Mascot
25-01-2017, 09:43
I'm worried by one thing: with Porsche now back in pCARS 2, what does this mean for RUF? Can the two coexist in the same game? Losing my beloved RGT-8 GT3 would be like losing a dear friend, even if (as I bloody well hope) there's a Porsche equivalent in the same class.

Say it ain't so, SMS. Say it ain't so.

cluck
25-01-2017, 09:57
I'm worried by one thing: with Porsche now back in pCARS 2, what does this mean for RUF? Can the two coexist in the same game? Losing my beloved RGT-8 GT3 would be like losing a dear friend, even if (as I bloody well hope) there's a Porsche equivalent in the same class.

Say it ain't so, SMS. Say it ain't so.That would be pretty rough* yeah :(

* yes, I know it's pronounced 'roof' but it was either this crap joke or this one "I'm sure a few people would hit the roof if that turned out to be the case :(" . It's like being asked to choose between eating coleslaw or a pickle, you don't really want to eat either but you have to eat one, knowing that both will leave a really bad taste in your mouth.

Mascot
25-01-2017, 13:34
I'm sure a few people would hit the roof if that turned out to be the case

Ever the optimist, I'll take that as a "don't worry, both are in the game".
:)

cluck
25-01-2017, 13:47
Optimism is what keeps us going :D

re. my post, don't read anything into it at all, it really was just a joke based on the most common mispronunciation of RUF and nothing more :) . Most people should know, by now, that I'm very good at keeping my gob shut and my fingers away from the keyboard when I'm asked to* :)

* there is nothing to read here, move along!

Mascot
25-01-2017, 14:02
Optimism is what keeps us going :D

re. my post, don't read anything into it at all, it really was just a joke based on the most common mispronunciation of RUF and nothing more :) . Most people should know, by now, that I'm very good at keeping my gob shut and my fingers away from the keyboard when I'm asked to* :)

RUF confirmed not to be in pCARS 2 then. :(

Mad Al
25-01-2017, 14:06

Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth...

cluck
25-01-2017, 14:26
RUF confirmed not to be in pCARS 2 then. :(I didn't say that did I so please do not put words into my mouth :)*. Aside from anything, I'm not SMS (never have been, not going to be), my "word" should hold about as much validity as a wet fart.

The only thing you'll get confirmed from me is that I am never going to confirm or deny anything on here :). You could ask me right now "Are Porsche going to be in pCARS2" and I'll give you the same vague response, regardless of what Ian has said.

EDIT : And to repeat my previous post, my post about RUF was a joke, nothing more, nothing less.

Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth...I'll be handing you one of my coats :yes:

EDIT : I just want to add that although I apologise for the harsh-sounding tone in this, it is only because I am angry (at myself, by the way) at having a joke mis-interpreted and twisted and then turned around and "presented as fact". I try very hard not to say anything one way or another, lest I do breach the NDA I agreed to when signing up to help pCARS1 and pCARS2 development. Occasionally, I will admit, my sense of humour stretches the definition of "humour" somewhat but I seek to do 2 things on this forum. Help people with problems with pCARS1 (where I can) and to lighten the mood. I am not a spokesperson for SMS so, if I make a joke, take it as a joke, with no subtext*

* unless I put in a * like this, which usually means there is some subtext in grey or white print. I do that a lot *

* almost as often as I hit 'report post' and include a wonderful video for the mods to enjoy!

Mascot
25-01-2017, 14:27
I didn't say that did I so please do not put words into my mouth :). Aside from anything, I'm not SMS (never have been, not going to be), my "word" should hold about as much validity as a wet fart.

The only thing you'll get confirmed from me is that I am never going to confirm or deny anything on here :). You could ask me right now "Are Porsche going to be in pCARS2" and I'll give you the same vague response, regardless of what Ian has said.

EDIT : And to repeat my previous post, my post about RUF was a joke, nothing more, nothing less.

I'll be handing you one of my coats :yes:

Yay! RUF is back in!

Sankyo
25-01-2017, 14:30
Maybe we should call it Schrödinger's RUF, it's in pC2 and not in pC2 at the same time until you buy the game and make the observation.

cluck
25-01-2017, 14:35
Maybe we should call it Schrödinger's RUF, it's in pC2 and not in pC2 at the same time until you buy the game and make the observation.You know, that's just put a massive smile on my face, thank you Remco :D

Roger Prynne
25-01-2017, 15:05
All I know is that I was feeling a bit ruf yesterday when I was sitting on the porsche drinking my coffee.

Mascot
25-01-2017, 15:30
You know, that's just put a massive smile on my face, thank you Remco :D

Yay! Bugatti confirmed!

cluck
25-01-2017, 15:38
Yay! Bugatti confirmed!Yep, they're in EveryBody's "110 SupercarS You Need to Drive" list :p

Sankyo
25-01-2017, 17:10

Yay! RUF is back in!

Yay! Bugatti confirmed!
The pCARS2 vehicle modeler called and asked for you to make your bloody mind up. He started today working on the RUF, then you cancelled it, then you made him switch to Bugatti. Could you please stick to one car for at least a week or so? Thank you.

Mad Al
25-01-2017, 18:12
The pCARS2 vehicle modeler called and asked for you to make your bloody mind up. He started today working on the RUF, then you cancelled it, then you made him switch to Bugatti. Could you please stick to one car for at least a week or so? Thank you.

He was already confused enough trying to work out where the fourth wheel was supposed to go on the Reliant Robin....

sirsilver1968
25-01-2017, 20:11
Is p cars 2 going to take advantage of the ps4 pro, I would love to see HDR in play

Dresden
26-01-2017, 03:04
I still cannot believe that Cluck (and the other WMD members) know more about the game than us. There is something inherently wrong about a bird learning to drive a vehicle. Crossing the road is one thing, but racing a prototype sideways through Indianapolis Arnage is quite another. Lol.

Hopefully SMS will release the marketing boys soon and we can all have the fun!

Sankyo
26-01-2017, 05:52
Cluck ain't no chicken when it comes to driving virtual race cars!

Stewy32
26-01-2017, 06:15
I swear, if Sim Racing became an Olympic Sport Cluck's nation would lose a cert medal for him being not human enough.

hkraft300
26-01-2017, 06:43
Does Cluck have enough coats for you lot?
:hopelessness:

Konan
26-01-2017, 06:57
Does Cluck have enough coats for you lot?
:hopelessness:

I can spare a few...:cool:
(Come to think of it i'll probably need them all myself)
Oops...there goes another one...

Konan
26-01-2017, 06:58
I still cannot believe that Cluck (and the other WMD members) know more about the game than us. There is something inherently wrong about a bird learning to drive a vehicle. Crossing the road is one thing, but racing a prototype sideways through Indianapolis Arnage is quite another. Lol.

Hopefully SMS will release the marketing boys soon and we can all have the fun!

On a fishing trip are we? Lol

Dresden
26-01-2017, 07:40
On a fishing trip are we? Lol

I am just having some fun while waiting for some more news on Pcars 2. The wait is killing me.

My apologies to our favorite bird racer. I didn't mean any harm. I just want more chicken and wookie posts!

Konan
26-01-2017, 07:45
I was referring to the "Indianapolis Arnage" bit of your post...:cool:

cluck
26-01-2017, 09:18
Oh how I wish I could share with you 4 things I noticed in pCARS2 yesterday evening. Each and every one of them has the power to make you go "WOW!" but they are also things that most people won't know are present, from a casual glance. In fact, one or two of them you would probably never realise until they were pointed out, at which point your jaw would be interfacing with the floor at high velocity. Some might write them off as "frivolous" but I see it as SMS trying to complete the whole atmosphere of what it's like to be on a race track.

And that's just stuff I spotted by accident, so heaven only knows how many other cool little details are new in pCARS2 that I haven't noticed yet (or, at least, not realised that I've seen them)

Mascot
26-01-2017, 09:25
Oh how I wish I could share with you 4 things I noticed in pCARS2 yesterday evening. Each and every one of them has the power to make you go "WOW!" but they are also things that most people won't know are present, from a casual glance. In fact, one or two of them you would probably never realise until they were pointed out, at which point your jaw would be interfacing with the floor at high velocity. Some might write them off as "frivolous" but I see it as SMS trying to complete the whole atmosphere of what it's like to be on a race track.

And that's just stuff I spotted by accident, so heaven only knows how many other cool little details are new in pCARS2 that I haven't noticed yet (or, at least, not realised that I've seen them)

I saw some stuff recently that blew me away. I won't go into specifics but the ambition (and execution, actually) was nothing short of incredible. The official info and media reveals cannot come quickly enough. Joe Public will be wearing nappies for a month.

Edit: sorry to be such a tease. I'm lucky to have seen this stuff and can't believe it's not been leaked onto the web in this modern internet age of zero secrets. Bravo to WMD2 members for their tightly-locked sphincters.

Sum Dixon-Ear
26-01-2017, 09:26
FTFY Cluck - "...at which point your beak would be interfacing with the floor at high velocity."

Sum Dixon-Ear
26-01-2017, 09:27
I saw some stuff recently that blew me away. I won't go into specifics but the ambition (and execution, actually) was nothing short of incredible. The official info and media reveals cannot come quickly enough. Joe Public will be wearing nappies for a month.

Aaaah, the many-splendoured 'things'... mwahahahaha!

Dakpilot
26-01-2017, 11:45
I really hope a basic thing as the changing light/contrast levels in cockpit especially at low FOV has been addressed, one of my biggest frustrations is having to make adjustments and restart the game when switching from many cars when confronted with either too dark cockpit or unplayable washed out contrast of track and sky (at default 80 FOV it was not such an issue, tho still noticeable)

Cntrl K was a workaround of sorts, and although I understand it was more of a leftover dev tool, using it and saving the view per car, would also be great

That and the "black rear window" on C7 (and to a lesser extent rear lights of M3) when viewed in the rain really spoiled immersion in otherwise very well executed GT3 wet races

Although it did encourage overtaking to get away from that block of seemingly dead pixels that stick out like a dogs ball, in an otherwise really immersive race :)

I love all the little touches in PCars1, and looking forward to PCars 2 for new ones, I just hope some of the basics have been addressed as well

Cheers Dakpilot

hkraft300
26-01-2017, 11:58
No matter how good the marketing, teasers, videos, screenshots: it won't come close to capturing what pcars2 will bring to us. It won't get a fraction of the achievement that is pcars2.
You know what sold me on pcars1? The detail on a classic Lotus in one of the teaser videos.
My first laps well had me like Jim Carrey in The Mask, eyes popping out of my head, jaw on the floor and what not. Somebody post a screenshot to convey my message please lol

konnos
26-01-2017, 12:23

hkraft300
26-01-2017, 21:18

Edit: grid girls confirmed!

TerminatorGR
26-01-2017, 21:19
Oh how I wish I could share with you 4 things I noticed in pCARS2 yesterday evening. Each and every one of them has the power to make you go "WOW!" but they are also things that most people won't know are present, from a casual glance. In fact, one or two of them you would probably never realise until they were pointed out, at which point your jaw would be interfacing with the floor at high velocity. Some might write them off as "frivolous" but I see it as SMS trying to complete the whole atmosphere of what it's like to be on a race track.Awesome. Since the Shift games SMS has proven to be the best at recreating the atmosphere and intensity of racing.

Dresden
27-01-2017, 03:44
Thanks Cluck for helping to ramp up the anticipation! Pouring over videos and images will soon be my favorite pastime.

I would also love to know what Jussi is up to now. I can imagine him locked in a tiny wooden cabin high up on some frozen mountain while testing the new vehicle handling for us. Gloves and fur lined earmuffs and hot chocolate- and reindeers looking through the icy window. Lol.

Bealdor
27-01-2017, 05:58
I would also love to know what Jussi is up to now. I can imagine him locked in a tiny wooden cabin high up on some frozen mountain while testing the new vehicle handling for us. Gloves and fur lined earmuffs and hot chocolate- and reindeers looking through the icy window. Lol.

Most... Accurate... Job... Description... EVER!

Invincible
27-01-2017, 06:23
Most... Accurate... Job... Description... EVER!

No craft beer then?

Mascot
27-01-2017, 07:21
Now that we are 99% sure that the Nissan GT-R is in pCARS 2, and following Iain's statement about none of the major manufacturers being missing, and with the Toyota already in the pCARS ecosystem... can we reasonable expect Lexus (Toyota) and Acura (Honda) to also make an appearance? And by extension, can we expect some JGTC and Super GT vehicular love? I'm not necessarily talking about officially-licensed JGTC/Super GT cars (which might be difficult or expensive to achieve), but (with Ian's comment in mind) the bulk of the manufacturers should already be on board, and so populating a field with GT500 and GT300 homages shouldn't be too much of a stretch, should it?

Super GT (GT 500) is the fastest production-based motorsport on the planet and would neatly help to bridge the gap between GT3 and Prototypes. And who hasn't been excited by the Yellow Hat Supra or the Arta NSX or the Petronas SC430 in other games like Gran Turismo? Having these (or variants of them) in pCARS 2 would be fantastic. A few of the JGTC/Super GT base models are already in pCARS (Merc SLS AMG, BMW Z4, Toyota 86, McLaren F1 etc) and with Ferrari (F40?), Porsche (911 GT2?) and Lamborghini (Huracan GT3?) now on board, there could already be quite a healthy JGTC/Super GT base established. At the very least, a 'pretend' Super GT series could easily form part of pCARS 2's career.

Sankyo
27-01-2017, 07:26
I'm 99% sure there's a 50% chance of that, either it will be in or it won't.

In other words, I might know it but I won't tell, or I don't know. Patience :)

chris99
27-01-2017, 07:36
Oh how I wish I could share with you 4 things I noticed in pCARS2 yesterday evening.... Some might write them off as "frivolous" but I see it as SMS trying to complete the whole atmosphere of what it's like to be on a race track ...

That'll be the neighbour's kamikaze chickens running across the track then ;)

And that's just stuff I spotted by accident, ...
You actually hit one?
Chickens are confirmed then. :pig:

... :biggrin-new: Not quite as true or as big a revelation though as when I heard how plane builders tests their engines' resistance to birds ... allegedly

Another coat please.

LukeC
27-01-2017, 07:54
Now that we are 99% sure that the Nissan GT-R is in pCARS 2, and following Iain's statement about none of the major manufacturers being missing, and with the Toyota already in the pCARS ecosystem... can we reasonable expect Lexus (Toyota) and Acura (Honda) to also make an appearance? And by extension, can we expect some JGTC and Super GT vehicular love? I'm not necessarily talking about officially-licensed JGTC/Super GT cars (which might be difficult or expensive to achieve), but (with Ian's comment in mind) the bulk of the manufacturers should already be on board, and so populating a field with GT500 and GT300 homages shouldn't be too much of a stretch, should it? Super GT (GT 500) is the fastest production-based motorsport on the planet and would neatly help to bridge the gap between GT3 and Prototypes. And who hasn't been excited by the Yellow Hat Supra or the Arta NSX or the Petronas SC430 in other games like Gran Turismo? Having these (or variants of them) in pCARS 2 would be fantastic. A few of the JGTC/Super GT base models are already in pCARS (Merc SLS AMG, BMW Z4, Toyota 86, McLaren F1 etc) and with Ferrari (F40?), Porsche (911 GT2?) and Lamborghini (Huracan GT3?) now on board, there could already be quite a healthy JGTC/Super GT base established. At the very least, a 'pretend' Super GT series could easily form part of pCARS 2's career.

Ffs mascot, this post reads like the code for the new and improved physics model in Pcars 2. ��

Mascot
27-01-2017, 08:05
Ffs mascot, this post reads like the code for the new and improved physics model in Pcars 2. ��

Ha ha..! I've split into into two paragraphs now. Better?

LukeC
27-01-2017, 08:11
Ha ha..! I've split into into two paragraphs now. Better?

Yes, but it probably needs more than two paragraphs.

Don't get me wrong, you're most certainly allowed to express yourself how you wish, but it would make it easier for your fellow Pcars posters to read your posts if you would gather your thoughts first and then paragraph them accordingly.

Sankyo
27-01-2017, 08:13
Mascot: Master of Parentheses.

cluck
27-01-2017, 08:23
Mascot: Master of Parentheses.Ooooh, I've got that album on LP. The track list is fantastic.

Side A

(flat) Battery

(Master of) Parentheses

The Things That Should Not Be (Revealed)

Welcome Home (Parentheses)

Side B

(Disposable) Brackets

(Brake) Lever Messiah

(Ford) Orion

Damage (repaired)

Konan
27-01-2017, 08:26
Cluck...master of pleasantry...lol

Diamond_Eyes
27-01-2017, 08:37
heavy metal (0:56 / 1:05)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQJ4KwmORSQ

Mascot
27-01-2017, 08:41
Yes, but it probably needs more than two paragraphs.

Don't get me wrong, you're most certainly allowed to express yourself how you wish, but it would make it easier for your fellow Pcars posters to read your posts if you would gather your thoughts first and then paragraph them accordingly.

Lol, WTF. Are you reading them on a mobile phone or something?

Sankyo
27-01-2017, 08:50
No problem with reading it here (no matter the platform (yes I added that on purpose :))), just need to pay a little attention as there's a lot of info in it :)

Bealdor
27-01-2017, 08:53
Ooooh, I've got that album on LP. The track list is fantastic.

Side A

(flat) Battery

(Master of) Parentheses

Side B

(Disposable) Brackets

(Brake) Lever Messiah

(Ford) Orion

Damage (repaired)

One of my favourite Mascot albums. Only "...and Parentheses for All!" was even better than this one...

Sankyo
27-01-2017, 08:56
Ooooh, I've got that album on LP. The track list is fantastic.

Side A

(flat) Battery

(Master of) Parentheses

Side B

(Disposable) Brackets

(Brake) Lever Messiah

(Ford) Orion

Damage (repaired)

You sure are a Paster of Muppets :yes:

:p

LukeC
27-01-2017, 09:02

iPad, but never mind.

Mascot
27-01-2017, 09:16
iPad, but never mind.

You must admit, your post was a tad patronising, no..?

;)

cornishbrooksy
27-01-2017, 09:25
I love reading this thread.....the difference between the people that know stuff and the people that don't....quite amusing!

Im sure SMS will be opening the floodgates fairly soon, not much longer now for you guys to wait.

Konan
27-01-2017, 09:32
I love reading this thread.....the difference between the people that know stuff and the people that don't....quite amusing!

Rubb it in why don't you...:rolleyes: :cool:

Mascot
27-01-2017, 10:09

And I'm sure there are some people who are only pretending not to know 'things'... the wonderful 'things'... my god... those 'things'!

LukeC
27-01-2017, 10:13
You must admit, your post was a tad patronising, no..?

;)

Not at all. I just noticed there's a lot of humour here so it though I would contribute. Sorry it didn't come across.

There is nothing wrong with your writing, by the way; it was just that one post.

Konan
27-01-2017, 10:25
Not at all. I just noticed there's a lot of humour here so it though I would contribute. Sorry it didn't come across.

There is nothing wrong with your writing, by the way; it was just that one post.

That's where smileys come in handy...that way people know you're joking...:cool: (see?) :rolleyes:

LukeC
27-01-2017, 10:27
That's where smileys come in handy...that way people know you're joking...:cool: (see?) :rolleyes:

I did include a smiley...or was it a winky?

Edit: I see it's showing up as a double question mark for some reason. Oh well, it's not my day today.

Roger Prynne
27-01-2017, 10:28
And I'm sure there are some people who are only pretending not to know 'things'... the wonderful 'things'... my god... those 'things'!

I don't pretend to not know things, I just pretend to know things that I know nothing about.

Just pretending...... :wink-new:

Bealdor
27-01-2017, 10:34
I don't pretend to not know things, I just pretend to know things that I know nothing about.

If only there was a website doing the same...

Konan
27-01-2017, 10:35
I did include a smiley...or was it a winky?

Edit: I see it's showing up as a double question mark for some reason. Oh well, it's not my day today.

There has to be some of those to appreciate the good days more...;)

F1_Racer68
27-01-2017, 10:52

Oh yeah? Well I don't even know enough to know that I don't know. So there! :p

EDIT: Wow I just realized that was my 1000th post. A milestone post should probably have been more profound. Oh well.....

Konan
27-01-2017, 10:57
Oh yeah? Well I don't even know enough to know that I don't know. So there! :p

EDIT: Wow I just realized that was my 1000th post. A milestone post should probably have been more profound. Oh well.....

I could give you an infraction on your 1000th post for being ignorent...would that help commemorate it?...lol

EHM
28-01-2017, 19:16
Arrive (Expecting juicy leaks or interesting information from devs)
See coleslaw and chicken splattered all over the room
Leave (And involuntarily add to the spam)

F1_Racer68
28-01-2017, 19:43
Arrive (Expecting juicy leaks or interesting information from devs)
See coleslaw and chicken splattered all over the room
Leave (And involuntarily add to the spam)

So now it's coleslaw, chicken and SPAM splattered all over the place..... thanks for that!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Konan
28-01-2017, 19:47
You can never go wrong with Monty Python...:cool:

RacingAtHome
28-01-2017, 22:44
So now it's coleslaw, chicken and SPAM splattered all over the place..... thanks for that!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

I'd rather have Spam, Spam and Spam.

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-01-2017, 00:54
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/93702528-0e0d-4719-ad73-e94292908827

A nod's as good a wink to blind bat... eh!

Nudge, nudge... say no more...

RacingAtHome
29-01-2017, 02:30
Anyway. I think we need to make some changes to this game for the interests of Safety. Maybe some sort of car and flag system? Maybe a Virtual car in a virtual game? It's a bit dangerous on circuit.

I think we should call the message above Code 60?

Konan
29-01-2017, 05:19
I'd rather have Spam, Spam and Spam.

Carefull...spammers get an instaban...:cool:

Inkabodpain
29-01-2017, 06:03
Will PCars 2 support proper triple screen support.

hkraft300
29-01-2017, 06:14
More importantly: Halal Chicken Spam is the good s***.
Ye you watch yourself Cluck.

Konan
29-01-2017, 06:16
More importantly: Halal Chicken Spam is the good s***.
Ye you watch yourself Cluck.

I don't think he could be considered Halal though...:rolleyes:

cxMilk
29-01-2017, 06:33
Carefull...spammers get an instaspam...:cool:
Seems legit. After all, who else would want instaspam?

hkraft300
29-01-2017, 07:14
I don't think he could be considered Halal though...:rolleyes:

My unbeliever friends can enjoy it though.
Who am I kidding. Empty threats. Chickens are vicious feathered dinosaurs.
Velociraptor ain't got shit on Cluck.

Konan
29-01-2017, 07:17

Trex but still...:cool:

hkraft300
29-01-2017, 10:01

Trex but still...:cool:

Cluck is what happens when Chuck Norris hand raises a TRex.

Silraed
29-01-2017, 17:02
This thread may have got slightly off topic again. Just slightly.

Konan
29-01-2017, 17:04
This thread may have got slightly off topic again. Just slightly.

That's a 99% certainty....there...back on topic :cool:

Mascot
29-01-2017, 18:51
Something or nothing (via GTP)..?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/img_2644-png.623828/

Diamond_Eyes
29-01-2017, 19:36
doesn't look like a screenshot to me....
is that a camera on roof above the windshield?
and the hood isn't quite fitting flush properly at LH headlamp - sims are 15-20 years away from this level of detail
#fakenews

Mascot
29-01-2017, 19:46
doesn't look like a screenshot to me....
is that a camera on roof above the windshield?
and the hood isn't quite fitting flush properly at LH headlamp
#fakenews

Yeah, it's already debunked on NeoGAF as an old Speedhunters photo.

Oh well, I suppose #fakenews is better than #nonews.

It's been weeks, Ian... ;)

Diamond_Eyes
29-01-2017, 19:47
Feb....

Mascot - while you are here, on the hunt for pCars2 stuff and clutching at straws as I am

"Name that track"
On a leaked screenshot showing 5 incoming Ford Focuses... is it a pCars1 circuit or new?

Mascot
29-01-2017, 20:08
Feb....

Mascot - while you are here, on the hunt for pCars2 stuff and clutching at straws as I am

"Name that track"
On a leaked screenshot showing 5 incoming Ford Focuses... is it a pCars1 circuit or new?

This one?

http://simracingpaddock.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/post-2-0-80538300-1483553652.jpg

http://simracingpaddock.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/post-2-0-03040300-1483553656.jpg

Crikey, could be anywhere. Looks a bit Scottish-ish, maybe? Or Welsh-ish?

rosko
29-01-2017, 20:16
^ i thought it looked a bit like Donington. BTW not sure you should be posting those. Not like they are all over the internet but still

Diamond_Eyes
29-01-2017, 20:22
^ i thought it looked a bit like Donington. BTW not sure you should be posting those. Not like they are all over the internet but still

Yes, that's the one
Yes looks UK circuit
Was thinking Anglesey (Andy Tudor was driving there I think) or Knockhill...
Pembrey and Croft are flat as a pancake... dunno, doesn't quite look like Cadwell nor Oulton which makes me think a new circuit
You might get a wrap knuckle for posting pCars2 content here :hurt:

MaximusN
29-01-2017, 21:02
Yeah, it's already debunked on NeoGAF as an old Speedhunters photo.

Oh well, I suppose #fakenews is better than #nonews.

It's been weeks, Ian... ;)

It's not fake fake, it's ripped from the official http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/ site ;)

Mascot
29-01-2017, 21:11
It's not fake fake, it's ripped from the official http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/ site ;)

Ha ha..! That's awesome. :)

RacingAtHome
29-01-2017, 21:36
This one?

http://simracingpaddock.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/post-2-0-80538300-1483553652.jpg

http://simracingpaddock.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/post-2-0-03040300-1483553656.jpg

From the track map alone, it's more Anglesey than Knockhill.

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-01-2017, 23:29
Hmmm.... that second screeny does look affa like the top of Duffus Dip...

RacingAtHome
30-01-2017, 06:50
Hmmm.... that second screeny does look affa like the top of Duffus Dip...

The other part of the track's too close for Knockhill and it looks to be a left hand hairpin so can't be.

Mascot
30-01-2017, 07:15
It certainly looks like a body of water in the top left of the first pic which would kind of make Angelsey favourite of the two... but then again, that water could be the Loch Glow reservoir near Knockhill. Or somewhere else entirely.

breyzipp
30-01-2017, 07:23
This one?

Love that location, so wide open. A "just me and the road" feeling. :)

Mascot
30-01-2017, 07:30
From a user on GTP:

These shots are prehistoric, I know which track it is but it's not recognizable from these shots and looks much nicer nowadays ;-)

The plot thickens...

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 07:54
The other part of the track's too close for Knockhill and it looks to be a left hand hairpin so can't be.

You're probably right...

Mascot
30-01-2017, 07:57
You're probably right...

This photo makes me think it IS an early Knockhill after all.

TheBaldReverend
30-01-2017, 08:48
PCars2 leaked trailer?

Mod edit: Link removed

Mascot
30-01-2017, 08:58
PCars2 leaked trailer?

Mod edit: Link removed

Mod edit: Removed

cluck
30-01-2017, 09:31
I think it should be pretty damn obvious that any leaked video footage is NOT to be posted on here until the official content starts rolling out of SMS' offices.

FWIW, that video is a couple of months old now, it's not officially (I believe) going to be any kind of trailer or intro. It is, as with everything on pCARS2 at the moment, WIP.

As for the pictures posted earlier, they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old, even I didn't recognise the track :o.

Mark_McQ
30-01-2017, 10:12
There's a bridge about 1:20 into the trailer and I'm 100% certain it's the bridge that goes to North Ballachulish from Glencoe Village here in Scotland.
Streetview is here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Glencoe,+Ballachulish/@56.6878196,-5.185016,3a,75y,90.91h,83.31t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s1VDHQcziDCwju3m4T9qwWg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D1VDHQcziDCwju3m4T9qwWg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D222.26628%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x488930ea7b29b375:0xd1dce0f3c21732e7!8m2!3d56.6825599!4d-5.1022713!6m1!1e1

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 10:19
Aye Mark, thats' the bridge they used at Bannochbrae, I posted a few cool bits from the west coast used in that circuit when it was released.

Edit : Forum link - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44535-OMG-BAnnochbrae-Circuit-simply-stunning-DLC-is-fantastic-thanks-all-concerned/page8

Mascot
30-01-2017, 10:32
I think it should be pretty damn obvious that any leaked video footage is NOT to be posted on here until the official content starts rolling out of SMS' offices.

FWIW, that video is a couple of months old now, it's not officially (I believe) going to be any kind of trailer or intro. It is, as with everything on pCARS2 at the moment, WIP.

As for the pictures posted earlier, they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old, even I didn't recognise the track .

I thought direct leaks from WMD2 were obvious no-nos, but anything already out there in the public domain and being discussed on other forums was fair game? Maybe some clarity on this would be a good idea because it's a little inconsistent - links to the images put on the Polish forum were posted here without an issue, and Ian himself even discussed the content. Hell, I even posted a couple of the images on this very page, and you yourself even commented on them. I don't mind following rules so long as I know what those rules are. :)

cluck
30-01-2017, 10:58
I think the fact that the videos were removed is enough evidence :)

To add, though, I would say only that screenshots are the work of individuals, taken to show off the beauty of the game for fellow WMD2 members. The video, however, is SMS' own work and should not be ripped from the game and posted elsewhere.

EDIT : Of course, this only properly applies in this instance. For 'member created' videos, well, I'd prefer it if they weren't posted until WMD2 members get the greenlight to do so but I take your point that, if they are posted elsewhere, well, there's nothing to stop people posting them here. If those videos are deemed to be against "the house rules" then you can be sure they'll get removed pronto :).

RacingAtHome
30-01-2017, 11:38
From a user on GTP:

The plot thickens...

Yeah. The post underneath yours actually makes the Knockhill argument more feasible.

Mad Al
30-01-2017, 12:00
Yeah. The post underneath yours actually makes the Knockhill argument more feasible.

It's not raining.. that excludes it being Knockhill

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 12:15
I was at Knockhill once when it wasn't raining... it was just really misty.

Hmmm... it was so misty that I couldn't actually tell whether it was raining or not... maybe it was.

Nah, you're right... it must have been raining.

Mark_McQ
30-01-2017, 12:30
Aye Mark, thats' the bridge they used at Bannochbrae, I posted a few cool bits from the west coast used in that circuit when it was released.

Edit : Forum link - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44535-OMG-BAnnochbrae-Circuit-simply-stunning-DLC-is-fantastic-thanks-all-concerned/page8

I love driving up there, such a lovely place. Especially that road down to Glen Etive and the loch at the end. Quietest place I've ever been in my life.

Mascot
30-01-2017, 12:36
I was at Knockhill once when it wasn't raining... it was just really misty.

Hmmm... it was so misty that I couldn't actually tell whether it was raining or not... maybe it was.

If it was really misty, how do you know you were at Knockhill?

Ref the Polish photos, any speculation about the track with the Mothers bridge? It's got the same Focuses as per the recently-discussed track. Is there a bridge at Knockhill?

RacingAtHome
30-01-2017, 12:36
It's not raining.. that excludes it being Knockhill
You can make anything happen in games. Even that.

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 12:38
Yeah Mark, we usually holiday over that way each year (not too far from Aberdeen)... achingly beautiful part of the world.

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 12:44
If it was really misty, how do you know you were at Knockhill?

Ref the Polish photos, any speculation about the track with the Mothers bridge? It's got the same Focuses as per the recently-discussed track. Is there a bridge at Knockhill?

I know because I was robbed at knifepoint by some right dodgy sheep... happens a lot in Fife.

There is a bridge at Knockhill but it's on the straight. Well, there was a bridge at Knockhill... but the sheep stole it and sold it for scrap.

Sankyo
30-01-2017, 12:50
I know because I was robbed at knifepoint by some right dodgy sheep... happens a lot in Fife.

There is a bridge at Knockhill but it's on the straight. Well, there was a bridge at Knockhill... but the sheep stole it and sold it for scrap.

How do you know for sure the bridge was gone if it was really, really misty? Maybe you were looking into the wrong direction?

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 12:54
I've no idea if the bridge was there or not nor whether I was actually at Knockhill or just some random field now.. thanks a lot. :D

Mascot
30-01-2017, 12:55
I've no idea if the bridge was there or not nor whether I was actually at Knockhill or just some random field now.. thanks a lot. :D

Mystery solved: The Mothers bridge is at Laguna Seca. Even the blue/white kerbs are correct.

So is what we think is Knockhill actually Laguna Seca at a greener time of year..?

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-01-2017, 13:02
Excellent, it did look familiar.

Might as well be Uranus for all I care... shattering my memories into a thousand shards like that... b'stards.

TerminatorGR
30-01-2017, 13:04
Old or new, the fact that the leaked trailer has more off-road footage than GT footage is infuriating. We want the sequel to Project Cars, not another off-road/rally cross game like Dirt.

RacingAtHome
30-01-2017, 13:15
Old or new, the fact that the leaked trailer has more off-road footage than GT footage is infuriating. We want the sequel to Project Cars, not another off-road/rally cross game like Dirt.

Why does that matter? They're showing off new things in PC2. Showing the same things from PC1 won't make for an exciting trailer.

F1_Racer68
30-01-2017, 13:18

Or maybe the point of that video is to highlight WHAT'S NEW? We all know there will be GT Racing in Project CARS. WRX is brand new, and will be the thing that gets promoted more to attract a NEW audience/market segment. For the record, I haven't seen the video in question. Just replying to the above statement.

EDIT: Treed by @RacingAtHome..... :D

Sankyo
30-01-2017, 13:23
Might as well be Uranus for all I care...
No need to get rude, leave Mascot's bum out of this please :eek:

hkraft300
30-01-2017, 13:32
No need to get rude, leave Mascot's bum out of this please :eek:

Take a coat.
That was terrible :p

EHM
30-01-2017, 16:41
If it's not off limits, can I ask the more eagle eyed was that a Porsche or a Fabcar?

Mascot
30-01-2017, 16:58
If it's not off limits, can I ask the more eagle eyed was that a Porsche or a Fabcar?

Porsche 935, maybe?

Anyway, this placeholder trailer will be superseded soon, according to a self-proclaimed WMD2 insider on GTP:

The videos above are from an internal presentation and were used in a temporary placeholder intro for the game. It's not a trailer, the announce trailer is done and should expect to see it sometime early Feb.

Might be bollocks. Might not be bollocks. Time will tell.

cluck
30-01-2017, 18:03
Might be bo**ocks. Might not be bo***cks. Time will tell.
Nope. As I mentioned earlier, it is NOT a trailer. That text you've quoted above is correct with regards this leaked video footage :)

EDIT : If it didn't break the NDA, I'd prove it with a video showing the current startup of pCARS2 so, for now, you'll have to take that GTP person, and myself, at our words.

rosko
30-01-2017, 18:20
Placeholder or not the vid is very exciting, i do hope they nail the ffb & handing if they do this game will blow my mind.

Mascot
30-01-2017, 18:27
Nope. As I mentioned earlier, it is NOT a trailer. That text you've quoted above is correct with regards this leaked video footage :)

You've misunderstood me, Cluck. I know for a fact that this leaked video isn't an official trailer. My bollocks/no bollocks comment was about whether the official launch trailer is coming in early Feb.

:)

F1_Racer68
30-01-2017, 19:17
Sadly, this "placeholder" is already making it's rounds as "news".

Let the "bleep" storms begin....... You KNOW this will lead to expectations and later accusations of "lying" and "broken promises" like we saw with the first release....... Sometimes WMD members seem to be their own worst enemies......

Mod edit:link removed (again)

Diamond_Eyes
30-01-2017, 19:42

Let the "bleep" storms begin....... You KNOW this will lead to expectations and later accusations of "lying" and "broken promises" like we saw with the first release....... Sometimes WMD members seem to be their own worst enemies......

Oh, the anticipation

DreamsKnight
30-01-2017, 19:56
So Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, dinamic track condition, better graphics.. nothing new. Probably with dirt track the contact between cars will be good.

nothing exciting for me at the moment..

because I'm a little crazy and I would be more excited seeing a video showing me the menu, ForceFeedback, and options for online server ... Lol

Mad Al
30-01-2017, 20:09
Due to complaints about the overly bright nights.. they have been improved by making them darker..

New night scene, also showing the lighting with the new simulated power outage and ultra cloud setting.. if you stare at it hard enough you can just about make out the outline of the car.

brownninja97
30-01-2017, 20:22

Mod edit:link removed (again)

ehh people will always find something to complain about there isnt much anyone can do about that. Just the gaming community being weird, people will attack SMS about anything, same story with Kunos or ISI or Codies or PolyPhony.

Scuderia Paul
30-01-2017, 20:23
In content and feature terms PCars2 is in a class of it's own. The dynamic weather looks fantastic and I am really looking forward to trying well-known race circuits in snowy weather.

If the physics and FFB are up to a high enough level then PCars2 will be a huge release in the sim genre. Let us hope the production values and quality assurance are up to scratch.

I am very much looking to 'September-ish' for what will be a sim I spend plenty of time with, but it will have to be astonishingly good on the wheel to keep me away from the daddy of them all... Assetto Corsa.

Mascot
30-01-2017, 20:24
Ooooooh..! I didn't realise that Ed Mas created this leaked intro. That now gives great authority to his comments on GTP about the official launch trailer coming in early Feb.

And just when you thought things couldn't get any more exciting:

One thing I can say is when the official trailer does hit, it will be in 4K. So keep an eye out for that (even on a 1080p screen there is a benefit) , as it uses 5x bitrate of normal 1080p on youtube)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/leaked-project-cars-2-trailer-reveals-porsche-rallycross-trucks-more.353328/page-2

EHM
30-01-2017, 21:10
Make sure it's 60fps, I have no idea why other devs do 30fps videos/trailers for sim games.

Mahjik
30-01-2017, 21:17
Hey community,

While everyone knows the current video is being copied and moved around the web very quickly (and easily found if you haven't seen it), please don't post links here to that video or any other leaked videos. As soon as one is hosted by SMS's own Facebook, Twitter or YouTube account, then you can post links to those on this forum. ;)

F1_Racer68
30-01-2017, 21:29
Hey community,

While everyone knows the current video is being copied and moved around the web very quickly (and easily found if you haven't seen it), please don't post links here to that video or any other leaked videos. As soon as one is hosted by SMS's own Facebook, Twitter or YouTube account, then you can post links to those on this forum. ;)

Fair enough. Just for clarity, the link I shared was actually intended for staff and moderators to be aware that it is "out there in the wild" and is sure to cause SMS some discomfort down the road (unless this was an INTENTIONAL leak.... Let the conspiracy theories begin! ;) )

Roger Prynne
30-01-2017, 21:58
Fair enough. Just for clarity, the link I shared was actually intended for staff and moderators to be aware that it is "out there in the wild" and is sure to cause SMS some discomfort down the road (unless this was an INTENTIONAL leak.... Let the conspiracy theories begin! ;) )

Next time just PM a Mod and we'll take it from there..... thanks.

FS7
30-01-2017, 22:00
I just saw the trailer people have been talking about.
It may be old footage, wip, not representation of final product, etc, but it's still impressive imo. If that's just a small sample of what SMS has to offer I can't wait to see what the full game is like.

breyzipp
30-01-2017, 22:00
So Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, dinamic track condition, better graphics.. nothing new.

Excuse me? I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 new things in that line alone alongside a typo. :D I'm super excited about just about everthing I saw on that cat that has left its bag. :)

breyzipp
30-01-2017, 22:01
ehh people will always find something to complain about there isnt much anyone can do about that. Just the gaming community being weird, people will attack SMS about anything, same story with Kunos or ISI or Codies or PolyPhony.

Let's not forget Turn 10! Except they deserve it 9 out of 10. :P

Mascot
30-01-2017, 22:34
Hoping to wake up tomorrow to find a bigger buzz from this leaked intro. Personally it blew my bloody doors off but the general reaction on the web has been a lot more muted than I would have expected.

Joe Public is a weirdo.

BigDad
30-01-2017, 23:02
In the leaked video @ 2:18 you can see the Mini in the air but the game shows the tyres still in contact with the ground and the car is forced to the ground . This is a issue that exists in pCars . i hope this is going to be fixed or this sequel will just another GT or Forza and not a "proper Sim"

Shoots and runs .

rosko
30-01-2017, 23:02
My biggest worry personally is how is a game so pretty going to work in VR.

cluck
30-01-2017, 23:10
My biggest worry personally is how is a game so pretty going to work in VR.Better than pCARS1, but that's all I can tell you without breaching NDA :)

flybikes
30-01-2017, 23:23
Hi guys... I just saw the leaked trailer... I know the game it`s not finished etc etc.... but very very bad and I`m not talking about the graphics.

I hope that Project Cars 2, can be the opposite of what the trailer shows.....

Snow... rally... normal road cars... please.... SMS, stay in FOCUS in one thing and be the BEST in that thing! You guys should be look in something like Asseto Corsa! Not Forza! Let the rally to the game DIRT! What`s next? Limousines and taxis?

Seriously SMS... you guys should check your priorities. We want THE BEST simulator.... A simulator that we can take seriously!

This really remind me a game like Forza or Gran Turismo.... Stay on focus!

gotdirt410sprintcar
30-01-2017, 23:35
Why do we worry so much that is probably at the beginning of testing pcars 2 and you new they where going this way. So stay focused lol you will buy anyway more for one price YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT KEEP IT UP SMS!!!

MarleyMoo
30-01-2017, 23:41
I think SMS did much better than Kunos in this round of business, which means they should have much more resources to spend on the next game. If they do, I don't mind if they expand the horizon. I don't mind so long as they do each discipline properly. Going the way of AC, which is basically a minimum viable product, is not what I expect of SMS.

Sum Dixon-Ear
31-01-2017, 00:08
Hoping to wake up tomorrow to find a bigger buzz from this leaked intro. Personally it blew my bloody doors off but the general reaction on the web has been a lot more muted than I would have expected.

Joe Public is a weirdo.

Don't worry Mascot... I saw some 'things'... and those 'things' got me all excitey-poos. Not as much as the 'other things', but still all excitey-poos... trouser-tent excitey-poos!

(Meh, it was rubbish. SMS had better up their bloody game and include/exclude absolutely everything that I like/dislike... pronto-poos!)

kyroszz
31-01-2017, 00:14
Does SMS has plans for Custom Championships and Mandatory Pits?
I wish I joined as "backer" this time so I could weigh in on these features but I missed the date to join.

EHM
31-01-2017, 00:18
"Hi guys... I just saw the leaked trailer... I know the game it`s not finished etc etc.... but very very bad and I`m not talking about the graphics.

Snow... rally... normal road cars... please.... SMS, stay in FOCUS in one thing and be the BEST in that thing! You guys should be look in something like Asseto Corsa! Not Forza! Let the rally to the game DIRT! What`s next? Limousines and taxis?

Seriously SMS... you guys should check your priorities. We want THE BEST simulator.... A simulator that we can take seriously!"

You're forgetting the other things that are being improved/added that I would say are very sim racing focused:

Component on competitive racing/Esports
Dynamic track improvements (Time of YEAR now and I assume things like rubbering in are far less static)
Actual driver rating system now to make sure we stop getting divebombers

I think a few road cars definitely have a place in Pcars, you telling me you don't want to take a 918 around the Ring?

Also, I'm convinced the addition of off-road racing means they've learned a great deal about dirt and grass physics, which would directly benefit road racing.

Mr Schumacher
31-01-2017, 00:37
My prayers have been answered (Pcars2 trailer) I beggggggged for Long Beach to be in the game.. now I am complete.. Thanks Mr Bell 👍

Mr Schumacher
31-01-2017, 00:44
(PCars2 leake) I see that Ford GT will be making an aperance. So my guess is that we will be getting a GTLM class for the FORD GTLM???? If so, please remember that GTLM is faster around the track than GT3, BECAUSE for some reason the CORVETTE C7 GTLM AND ASTON MARTIN GTE struggled against the GT3/GTD CARS.. Maby the guys at SMS should watch the Daytona 24hr or any of the IMSA weather tech championship and you guys will see LOL ������

Mr Schumacher
31-01-2017, 00:48
One more request for the road. I think the fans would be very happy if we got some GT1 cars like the Aston Martin DBR9 AND THE CORVETTE C6 GT1

DreamsKnight
31-01-2017, 01:00
Excuse me? I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 new things in that line alone alongside a typo. :D I'm super excited about just about everthing I saw on that cat that has left its bag. :)

Nothing new to know if you are here each day. ;) Snow is an old news, dynamic track old and written by Ian, Lambo Ferrari Porsche were obviuos in a winning brand and again Ian wrote it.

I'm not excited cause i see in the video only improvements about things i know SMS do very well.

I'm searching for the things they didn't. ;)

bporion
31-01-2017, 01:14
Maybe not close it but merge it . What ever the will be like I'm sure it will be good ! if not just don't buy it .

Dresden
31-01-2017, 04:36
The leaked video has certainly made people sit up and notice on other forums. Very interesting to read the comments from non Pcars gamers.

SMS 'might' be disappointed about the leak but all it has done is get people more focused for the official trailer.

hkraft300
31-01-2017, 05:29
(PCars2 leake) I see that Ford GT will be making an aperance. So my guess is that we will be getting a GTLM class for the FORD GTLM???? If so, please remember that GTLM is faster around the track than GT3, BECAUSE for some reason the CORVETTE C7 GTLM AND ASTON MARTIN GTE struggled against the GT3/GTD CARS.. Maby the guys at SMS should watch the Daytona 24hr or any of the IMSA weather tech championship and you guys will see LOL ������

Lol?
Maybe you should check the rulebooks on the series that run both GT3 and GTE cars in the same race, and tell me if the GT3/D cars aren't being handicapped by tyres.
BMW M6 GTE vs GT3 was about 1-1.5 seconds, and by BMW's own admission was down to tyres.
Also GTE have had a rule change to make them faster for 2017, to further distinguish them from GT3/D cars.
"Lol" yourself.
Back on topic: if there are 2017 spec GTE/LM cars in pcars2, they might need their own class if they're significantly faster than GT3.
Yes, more GT1 cars are most welcome! Backflips like it's 1999!

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 06:11
Hi guys... I just saw the leaked trailer... I know the game it`s not finished etc etc.... but very very bad and I`m not talking about the graphics.

Seriously SMS... you guys should check your priorities. We want THE BEST simulator.... A simulator that we can take seriously!

How about pC2 doing it all and doing it better than anything else out there? Why do you assume that by expanding the scope of racing cars on various surfaces they'll do it badly? We have an awesome team of developers and the help of more than a handful of real-life race drivers who are relentless in their feedback and criticism. PC2 has only one aim, and that is being authentic and realistic in everything it will offer.

Silraed
31-01-2017, 06:29
The leaked video has certainly made people sit up and notice on other forums. Very interesting to read the comments from non Pcars gamers.

SMS 'might' be disappointed about the leak but all it has done is get people more focused for the official trailer.

A lot of people still have that mindset and animosity to go with it that pCARS is bad and must be bad no matter what to validate their chosen sim but that leaked video seems to have grabbed the attention of some of the people who were very set in that mindset about the first game.

I didn't watch the video myself, I had the opportunity to but it didn't feel right, but an acquaintance who was 100% set in the idea that pCARS was a bad sim "just because" seems to have jumped right on board the hype train for pCARS 2 now.

LukeC
31-01-2017, 06:36
To me it looks great. Puddles forming on the track, weather cycles, seasonal cycles is a big deal for me because it makes it so much more organic, and so much less gamey.

Plus I'm really looking forward to the loose surface stuff. In fact the sole reason why I've spent so much time in Dirt Rally is because I Loooooove the feeling of driving on loose surfaces.

This and Dirt 4 will make it difficult for me to hold down my job, that's for sure.

EHM
31-01-2017, 06:58
A lot of people still have that mindset and animosity to go with it that pCARS is bad and must be bad no matter what to validate their chosen sim but that leaked video seems to have grabbed the attention of some of the people who were very set in that mindset about the first game.

I didn't watch the video myself, I had the opportunity to but it didn't feel right, but an acquaintance who was 100% set in the idea that pCARS was a bad sim "just because" seems to have jumped right on board the hype train for pCARS 2 now.

I swear it's one of those bandwagon things where if they downgraded Pcars to "Industrial Simulator" bare minimum graphics/visuals and made the tires have no grip then all of these people would suddenly jump on.

Dresden
31-01-2017, 06:59
To me it looks great. Puddles forming on the track, weather cycles, seasonal cycles is a big deal for me because it makes it so much more organic, and so much less gamey.

Plus I'm really looking forward to the loose surface stuff. In fact the sole reason why I've spent so much time in Dirt Rally is because I Loooooove the feeling of driving on loose surfaces.

This and Dirt 4 will make it difficult for me to hold down my job, that's for sure.

It will be interesting to see how things play out with the marketing videos that SMS release over the next 6 months. Really at the end of the day it will not actually be the graphics (as we know that SMS will rock the world in PCars 2) that are important. It is the overall quality, physics, handling and FFB that will bring more people onboard- and we will not know how good they are until the game ships. The graphics and features are just hype that helps build everything.

And I do enjoy that myself. :D

Mascot
31-01-2017, 07:28
Agreed. The leaked intro seems to be getting some attention on the web but as expected, there are a lot of forum comments out there along the lines of "looks nice but so did the first game. This time they better fix the handling/joypad controls/FFB/menus/bugs/land mines (delete as applicable) or I won't be buying it". Seems like Joe Public still feels burnt and a little wary.

On this forum we know how Ian has acknowledged where pCARS fell short of expectations and how pCARS 2 intends to remedy that. Maybe this message needs to get out there as part of the marketing campaign to let Joe Public know that SMS recognise the areas that needed attention and are tackling them head on. The impression I get away from this forum is that the average gamer thinks pCARS 2 will have a bunch of new features but the same old problems, and there's a 'fool me once' kind of attitude out there. This really needs addressing at some point before release or a lot of potential sales might be lost.

Konan
31-01-2017, 07:31
Imo most of those "complainers" checked this forum already...fact is there will always be haters(in any game) no matter what...

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 07:50
Agreed. The leaked intro seems to be getting some attention on the web but as expected, there are a lot of forum comments out there along the lines of "looks nice but so did the first game. This time they better fix the handling/joypad controls/FFB/menus/bugs/land mines (delete as applicable) or I won't be buying it". Seems like Joe Public still feels burnt and a little wary.

On this forum we know how Ian has acknowledged where pCARS fell short of expectations and how pCARS 2 intends to remedy that. Maybe this message needs to get out there as part of the marketing campaign to let Joe Public know that SMS recognise the areas that needed attention and are tackling them head on. The impression I get away from this forum is that the average gamer thinks pCARS 2 will have a bunch of new features but the same old problems, and there's a 'fool me once' kind of attitude out there. This really needs addressing at some point before release or a lot of potential sales might be lost.
IMO the reviews post-release will take care of this. I have no marketing/PR expertise at all, but making "we acknowledge pC1 had issues but we solved those in pC2" part of the official marketing campaign seems like a very bad idea to me. Ian did this already here, so aside the official marketing/PR campaign, and IMO that's exactly how it should be handled. You won't see Volkswagen advertise their next SUV with "OK so we lied about its CO2 output last time, but now we fixed that" either :)

Mascot
31-01-2017, 08:02
Imo most of those "complainers" checked this forum already...fact is there will always be haters(in any game) no matter what...

I think the problem is, a lot of those 'haters' might be racing game/sim fans who bought the first game but dropped it like a hot potato, and felt let down or even 'duped'. Winning those people back is going to take more marketing effort than normal. They'll need a lot of assurances that pCARS will be a more rounded day-one game without six month of patches needed to kick it into shape. Like it or not, Project CARS has some sort of abstract 'bad' reputation in the ether. We here know that it's thoroughly undeserved, but Joe Public lives by word of mouth, game forum comments and controversial web articles written as click bait for ad revenue.

Mascot
31-01-2017, 08:12
IMO the reviews post-release will take care of this. I have no marketing/PR expertise at all, but making "we acknowledge pC1 had issues but we solved those in pC2" part of the official marketing campaign seems like a very bad idea to me. Ian did this already here, so aside the official marketing/PR campaign, and IMO that's exactly how it should be handled. You won't see Volkswagen advertise their next SUV with "OK so we lied about its CO2 output last time, but now we fixed that" either :)

VW won't be so overt about it, but you might be surprised. There are plenty of articles out there about the importance of honesty in brand-building and marketing, and the VW scandal is already being used as a test case in marketing courses. A positive spin can be put on just about anything. Ask any politician. ;)

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 08:18
VW won't be so overt about it, but you might be surprised. There are plenty of articles out there about the importance of honesty in brand-building and marketing, and the VW scandal is already being used as a test case in marketing courses. A positive spin can be put on just about anything. Ask any politician. ;)

Honesty is one thing, but stating in the advertisement of a product that your previous product wasn't so good is shooting yourself in the foot. IMO you never state something not-positive about yourself or your product when you're trying to sell something. The honest part should be done separately IMO.

LukeC
31-01-2017, 08:20
I think the problem is, a lot of those 'haters' might be racing game/sim fans who bought the first game but dropped it like a hot potato, and felt let down or even 'duped'. Winning those people back is going to take more marketing effort than normal. They'll need a lot of assurances that pCARS will be a more rounded day-one game without six month of patches needed to kick it into shape. Like it or not, Project CARS has some sort of abstract 'bad' reputation in the ether. We here know that it's thoroughly undeserved, but Joe Public lives by word of mouth, game forum comments and controversial web articles written as click bait for ad revenue.

If Pcars truly is the masterpiece that it almost inevitably has to be, given how good the first one was, then the marketing will to a large extent take care of itself. People are naturally curious, and there will be YouTube videos, comments reviews etc.

At the end of the day there is nothing in this universe that can be all things to all people, and Pcars or pcars 2 is no exception.

RacingAtHome
31-01-2017, 08:23

The problem with AC is that as good a driving experience it is, it's a dull game to play. Plus, it's showing off what's new so why would you expect to show something that was in PC1? Also, if you improve the off-track experience, then you'll have improved handling when you get your car onto the grass in a normal circuit anyway.

Diamond_Eyes
31-01-2017, 08:25
Success is the child of audacity....

cluck
31-01-2017, 08:25

(I've removed the image from the leaked video)

This really remind me a game like Forza or Gran Turismo.... Stay on focus!You'd better tell iRacing that they're turning into Forza or Gran Turismo then because they are adding dirt racing to their roster.

What's wrong with innovation? What's wrong with doing something new and different? Answer? Nothing, especially when done well. Doing the same thing again, even with significant improvements, isn't enough, it's close to "standing still, whilst those around you stride forward". SMS are pushing things forward and that can only be seen as a good thing, aside from the inevitable improvements to the 'off-track' behaviour that results from this work.

EDIT : Also, in case you hadn't noticed, there are a significant number of road cars in pCARS1 and many of them are an absolute joy to drive.

cluck
31-01-2017, 08:32
Due to complaints about the overly bright nights.. they have been improved by making them darker..

New night scene, also showing the lighting with the new simulated power outage and ultra cloud setting.. if you stare at it hard enough you can just about make out the outline of the car.

236815Oi! Stop stealing my screenshots for your own personal glory. I won "Screenshot of the Year" from the revered "What Screenshot Monthly" magazine for that shot. I knew I should have put a watermark in it somewhere :(.

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 08:38
Oi! Stop stealing my screenshots for your own personal glory. I won "Screenshot of the Year" from the revered "What Screenshot Monthly" magazine for that shot. I knew I should have put a watermark in it somewhere :(.

I thought it was Screenshot Illustrated? Or did that feature your "Blinded By The Sun" masterpiece of which I show a small example right below?

Mascot
31-01-2017, 08:46
Honesty is one thing, but stating in the advertisement of a product that your previous product wasn't so good is shooting yourself in the foot. IMO you never state something not-positive about yourself or your product when you're trying to sell something. The honest part should be done separately IMO.

I think we might be talking at cross purposes here, Remco, and the subtle difference between advertising and marketing. I'm not advocating listing bullet points in a print campaign or official trailer, for example, but if an SMS spokesperson is being interviewed by Inside Sim Racing and fails to acknowledge where pCARS fell short and how pCARS 2 will rectify it, then it could come across that SMS are in denial.

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 09:02
I think we might be talking at cross purposes here, Remco, and the subtle difference between advertising and marketing. I'm not advocating listing bullet points in a print campaign or official trailer, for example, but if an SMS spokesperson is being interviewed by Inside Sim Racing and fails to acknowledge where pCARS fell short and how pCARS 2 will rectify it, then it could come across that SMS are in denial.
If that's what you're talking about then we're at the same page :)

poirqc
31-01-2017, 09:03

You got a point on that.

Always leave the others say bad things about you. They'll always be better than you at that! :D

You'd better tell iRacing that they're turning into Forza or Gran Turismo then because they are adding dirt racing to their roster.

What's wrong with innovation? What's wrong with doing something new and different? Answer? Nothing, especially when done well. Doing the same thing again, even with significant improvements, isn't enough, it's close to "standing still, whilst those around you stride forward". SMS are pushing things forward and that can only be seen as a good thing, aside from the inevitable improvements to the 'off-track' behaviour that results from this work.

EDIT : Also, in case you hadn't noticed, there are a significant number of road cars in pCARS1 and many of them are an absolute joy to drive.

Those cars can deliver super nice, intense, races. Sadly, it's GT3 all over the place, most of the time. :rolleyes:

Mascot
31-01-2017, 09:27
Sadly, it's GT3 all over the place, most of the time. :rolleyes:

I know. It's marvellous, isn't it? :)

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 09:40

You made a typo in "rather boring"...

Mad Al
31-01-2017, 10:32
Oi! Stop stealing my screenshots for your own personal glory. I won "Screenshot of the Year" from the revered "What Screenshot Monthly" magazine for that shot. I knew I should have put a watermark in it somewhere :(.

No, no, not the same one, try taking another squint.. yours had the Trabant, that is definitely the Reliant Kitten... or is it the Triumph Herald.. Hillman Imp.. the Batmobile ?

:o

Pisshead30
31-01-2017, 10:35
Have I missed the posts on the forums or has there been no mention of this leaked trailer of PCARS2?

Reiche
31-01-2017, 10:38
Have I missed the posts on the forums or has there been no mention of this leaked trailer of PCARS2?

It was mentioned and discussed over the last few pages.. But the forum is not the correct place for leaked stuff, so the links were removed (as said before, that gives a hint whether or not it is hot stuff ;)) You have to look for (or, rather, stumble upon) the trailer elsewhere in the web

Pisshead30
31-01-2017, 10:42
Cant wait to see the official stuff when its released, super excited to see Hell in the old screenshots and in the video such an awesome track

DreamsKnight
31-01-2017, 10:45
You'd better tell iRacing that they're turning into Forza or Gran Turismo then because they are adding dirt racing to their roster.

i think you miss the point. first at all, you have infos and you try the game, we don't. don't forget. it is normal you do not feel worried about certain things, because you see them ready, but we do not know.

pcars is so cross platform and "cross-people" that became very difficult to have the same opinion about the game. what is pcars 1? you take a car and a track alone (nords?) and the experience is great. you launch a new race and invite people of friend list, great. you prepare a fun race each week and things begin to creak. i don't want to speak about a championship, cause things are bad, between bugs and lack of features for servers. if you like one thing the game is great, if you like others, the game is bad. and each point can be destroyed by the mere assertion that "my experience is different". which is not statistic, but people don't understand.

I also moved away from the point. lol. :D pcars is a container of unbalanced cars also inside the same category. how many races with banned cars or gentleman agreement? this is the point of the guy. give me 10 gt3/lmp1/lmp2/whatyouwant balanced cars, flags, penalty, manual pit stops, safety cars, a powerfull and flexible server with options, etc. and i know i can enjoy a championship and a true motorsport experience.

if i see more cars and tracks and disciplines without insurance of problems solved, i am one of those feel worried about where the efforts of developers are finished. and if no one will say me the glue-contact mode and casual-damage-mode are solved, i suppose simply the rally cross is unusable. and every time i launch the game I still feel embarrassed by the fact that in 2015 it had not been expected to have save and load mode for setups.

you don't search these things? ok, but i do. :D simply things the old gen sims do perfectly and the new gen don't.

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 11:39
i think you miss the point. first at all, you have infos and you try the game, we don't. don't forget. it is normal you do not feel worried about certain things, because you see them ready, but we do not know.

The proper thing to do in such cases is ask questions, not jump to unbased conclusions ;)

cluck
31-01-2017, 11:56

pcars is so cross platform and "cross-people" that became very difficult to have the same opinion about the game. what is pcars 1? you take a car and a track alone (nords?) and the experience is great. you launch a new race and invite people of friend list, great. you prepare a fun race each week and things begin to creak. i don't want to speak about a championship, cause things are bad, between bugs and lack of features for servers. if you like one thing the game is great, if you like others, the game is bad. and each point can be destroyed by the mere assertion that "my experience is different". which is not statistic, but people don't understand.

I also moved away from the point. lol. :D pcars is a container of unbalanced cars also inside the same category. how many races with banned cars or gentleman agreement? this is the point of the guy. give me 10 gt3/lmp1/lmp2/whatyouwant balanced cars, flags, penalty, manual pit stops, safety cars, a powerfull and flexible server with options, etc. and i know i can enjoy a championship and a true motorsport experience.

if i see more cars and tracks and disciplines without insurance of problems solved, i am one of those feel worried about where the efforts of developers are finished. and if no one will say me the glue-contact mode and casual-damage-mode are solved, i suppose simply the rally cross is unusable. and every time i launch the game I still feel embarrassed by the fact that in 2015 it had not been expected to have save and load mode for setups.

you don't search these things? ok, but i do. :D simply things the old gen sims do perfectly and the new gen don't.I realise that but how are you going to see those 'assurances' from a video that is a temporary "intro" video that plays when the test versions of the game loads? It is not there to assuage people's fears of what pCARS2 might/might not be, it is something that would otherwise have been left on the cutting-room floor, which would have been a real pity.

It goes without saying that SMS will start the real marketing, the real publicity, with real trailers and real info in due course. I understand, fully, that this video is all that the vast majority of you have got right now but I cannot stress enough the fact that it is nothing more than a lovely, temporary, intro video for when the game loads. Hopefully, once the official information starts coming out, many (if not all) of your fears will be put to bed :)

Schadows
31-01-2017, 12:17
Just saw the leaked trailer myself.
Kind of disappointed by the lack of "new" information it provides. Sure, anyone who didn't followed this thread (I only visit now and then because there is way to much spam/flood in here) might consider most of these "new" but I was betrayed by my expectations.

So, despite ice racing, rally cross and new brands were already knew, it seems SNOW as a weather condition is confirmed, as well as Long Beach track (great !).
I still wonder if wind will be dynamic and have a real effect on physics like the time-lapse with the Brands Hatch flags suggested.

Dynamic puddles was already in pcars1, and it can't be known with just that trailer if they have eventually some impact on grip (aside from the general loss of grip from the wet track), nor if there is localized weather around the track.

Like some people here, I would have prefer the game to focus it's effort and budget on motorsport (I like the RallyCross btw) instead of adding more road cars (I thought the same for pcars 1), but i'm sure plenty of people will have the opposite opinion.

cluck
31-01-2017, 12:25
I know I sound like a stuck record but it is NOT a trailer. It's a placeholder intro video that plays when the game has loaded, as we have in pCARS1.

Mad Al
31-01-2017, 12:30
I know I sound like a stuck record but it is NOT a trailer. It's a placeholder intro video that plays when the game has loaded, as we have in pCARS1.

now this is a trailer...

Bealdor
31-01-2017, 12:31

Cluck giving his best Don Quixote impression...

DreamsKnight
31-01-2017, 12:46
The proper thing to do in such cases is ask questions, not jump to unbased conclusions ;)

at the moment no one can give answers for the NDA. :D i don't have conclusions, only doubts based on the previous work. for sure i have hopes and i am here :D

I realise that but how are you going to see those 'assurances' from a video that is a temporary "intro" video that plays when the test versions of the game loads? It is not there to assuage people's fears of what pCARS2 might/might not be, it is something that would otherwise have been left on the cutting-room floor, which would have been a real pity.

It goes without saying that SMS will start the real marketing, the real publicity, with real trailers and real info in due course. I understand, fully, that this video is all that the vast majority of you have got right now but I cannot stress enough the fact that it is nothing more than a lovely, temporary, intro video for when the game loads. Hopefully, once the official information starts coming out, many (if not all) of your fears will be put to bed :)

i can.t have "assurances" (ehm sureness?) and i know. i was explaininge better what is the point of the other guy, more than mine.

i wait. i hope in a more open and well detailed comunication about feauteres in future. i can survive without porche lambo and ferrari (better, i had to thanks pcars which give me more confidences about the motorsport disciplines and old glories) but not without some features.

Mascot
31-01-2017, 12:48
...nor if there is localized weather around the track.

Now I'm sure I read somewhere that circuits can have localised weather like rain clouds over one section of an otherwise-dry track, or pockets of mist in low-lying areas. It might even have been Ian that said it. Anyone?

Also, with seasons now a 'thing', will the crowd dress differently depending on the temperature, or wear rain coats in the wet?

So many questions...

FS7
31-01-2017, 13:00
now this is a trailer...

Trailer confirmed in PCars2! If I get confirmation that I can carry grid girls in that trailer I'll pre-order the game for sure.

cluck
31-01-2017, 13:03
Trailer confirmed in PCars2! If I get confirmation that I can carry grid girls in that trailer I'll pre-order the game for sure.Sadly, no, it's to carry the drivers on their parade lap* :)

* may not actually be true

Mad Al
31-01-2017, 13:06
Trailer confirmed in PCars2! If I get confirmation that I can carry grid girls in that trailer I'll pre-order the game for sure.

not only that, it allows you to whisk them away to a land of sand, sea and sex... or at least the current build does.. nothing's final till it's final ;)

(cluck , you forgot the -gridgirlporn commandline again!)

poirqc
31-01-2017, 13:19

I must confess i didn't get your drift here. ;)

I understand why lots of people like GT3s. I just wished more people raced the other(lots of them) fun class. :)

Diamond_Eyes
31-01-2017, 13:26
Also, with seasons now a 'thing', will the crowd dress differently depending on the temperature, or wear rain coats in the wet?

So many questions...

Or if the leaves fall off the deciduous trees in Autumn

and no Scottish roadside lambs except during Springtime :devilish:

Schadows
31-01-2017, 15:21
I know I sound like a stuck record but it is NOT a trailer. It's a placeholder intro video that plays when the game has loaded, as we have in pCARS1.Thanks for the details.

Mascot
31-01-2017, 16:01
Seems like the world is convinced that this leaked unofficial placeholder intro is actually the official launch trailer.

I'm exhausted from trying to put them right, somebody else take over.

Konan
31-01-2017, 16:05
To make it crystal clear (again :rolleyes: )
NO OFFICIAL TRAILER HAS BEEN RELEASED YET! There...i shouted it to the world...:cool:

F1_Racer68
31-01-2017, 16:17
To make it crystal clear (again :rolleyes: )
NO OFFICIAL TRAILER HAS BEEN RELEASED YET! There...i shouted it to the world...:cool:

Except HERE isn't the issue, so that doesn't help..... It's everywhere else! You need a bigger megaphone. :)

Konan
31-01-2017, 16:21
So you do it...you're about on the other side of the world to me...that way it's covered worldwide :cool:

Tank621
31-01-2017, 16:31
Damn that official trailer was good :p

Juhu_0815
31-01-2017, 17:11
Are we sure that proper triple monitor handling will be part of PCARS2?

Mascot
31-01-2017, 17:20
I hope the official launch trailer has one-syllable bullet points in green crayon clearly explaining all the new features, because if I've learnt one thing today it's that your average gamer on the internet is a lobotomised numbskull with the comprehension of a wet fart.

cluck
31-01-2017, 17:39
I hope the official launch trailer has one-syllable bullet points in green crayon clearly explaining all the new features, because if I've learnt one thing today it's that your average gamer on the internet is a lobotomised numbskull with the comprehension of a wet fart.They're our future you know (the average gamer, not wet farts).

Sankyo
31-01-2017, 17:47
They're our future you know (the average gamer, not wet farts).

True, wet farts are my current present :eek:

Konan
31-01-2017, 17:49
True, wet farts are my CURRY present :eek:

FTFY

konnos
31-01-2017, 18:06
I am afraid the future ain't gonna be better in this case! Things are only gonna get worst in that department ;)

Sum Dixon-Ear
31-01-2017, 18:18
True, wet farts are my current present :eek:

Oooh... muddy puddles confirmed!

wicken
31-01-2017, 18:26
Just taking a look at the info from PCARS2, this small bit just disappeared from the website.

CO-OP CAREER - Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards

Hopefully this feature hasn't been scraped.

F1_Racer68
31-01-2017, 19:10
So you do it...you're about on the other side of the world to me...that way it's covered worldwide :cool: Already working on it ;) Started with the guys at ISR :)

Stewy32
31-01-2017, 19:14
Leaked trailer confirms Ferrari, Lamborgini,Mclaren, Ford,Rallycross, Snow Racing and Brands Hatch. It is on Instagram so all should report it.

Roger Prynne
31-01-2017, 19:26
99% certain that I don't like wet farts :disgust:

Konan
31-01-2017, 19:27
Neither does the one who does your laundry...:rolleyes:

F1_Racer68
31-01-2017, 19:32
Leaked trailer confirms Ferrari, Lamborgini,Mclaren, Ford,Rallycross, Snow Racing and Brands Hatch. It is on Instagram so all should report it. After umteen posts stating that it is NOT A TRAILER, can we PLEASE STOP REFERRING TO IT AS SUCH?!?!?

And I won't even mention the fact that since it was LEAKED and is NOT OFFICIAL, it really doesn't confirm ANYTHING. Just because the footage shows something that was being worked on 10 months ago, doesn't mean it will be in the final product. Oh, wait, I guess I just did mention it. Oh well.

Did we not learn ANYTHING from the first game's release??? Come on people......

Stewy32
31-01-2017, 20:20
F1 Racer I agree just I only saw the post today. Personally hope the game stays similar to Pcars 1.Would like Mazda and more cars from the current manufacturers along with Jaguar but nothing else.

poirqc
31-01-2017, 20:42
I hope the official launch trailer has one-syllable bullet points in green crayon clearly explaining all the new features, because if I've learnt one thing today it's that your average gamer on the internet is a lobotomised numbskull with the comprehension of a wet fart.

Calling everyone and their mother dumb **** gets old after a while, don't you think ;)

flybikes
31-01-2017, 21:53

"Those Complainers" like me bought Project Cars 1 with real money.

Personaly I liked Project Cars 1, since was the first "true simulator" I played (well, I played Richard Burns Rally and GTR a long time ago.... (I bought a T300 Alcantara because of Project Cars...) ... but after I played Asseto Corsa, I saw that there`s a lot to improve in Project Cars, in terms of physics (gameplay)... the game felt very "arcade" after playing Asseto Corsa.

So I guess, SMS team, should look into the other things, before even look into other categories like rally! Plus, is time wasted when you loose your focus. See Flight Simulator for example (or X-PLANE or P3D).... you have the planes, then you have submarines (!!!!!), that no one cares! It`s loosing the focus of the game.

Project Cars don`t have a very good physics in tarmac and now 2

Personally, when I`m looking for a car in my garage, I don`t like to see thinks like "LMP1, LMP2, LMP3 .... and the next is a truck, then is a rally car sponsored by monster... then is a limousine..... it`s very unprofessional. Sounds more like a game for kids, that a game for purists.

For that, we have Forza with ice cream vans.

Be the BETTER in ONE thing!

There are SO MANY things you guys could improve over 1 without loosing focus.... so many things. We will have animated pits in PC 2 right? It`s very important for the immersion... :rolleyes:

Konan
31-01-2017, 22:10
Again...tastes differ from person to person...
What you want might not be what others do and vice versa...imo (and what Cluck said) moving forward is the key and that needs to be done with innovations along with improvements...
SMS is exactly doing that...

gotdirt410sprintcar
31-01-2017, 22:31
Flybikes you no nothing about pcars 2 like everyone else why you think Ian comes on here to answer questions and get feed back from who us the gamers and they where doing this what 3 or 4 months after pcars 1 release. At the end of the day it will be big better than the last game and we are all WMD might not done any testing etc. But are input on what we want is heard and if it can work your for sure sms will do whatever they can too fulfil that i have no worries if it don't work for you like you said you have AC. :confused:

Roger Prynne
31-01-2017, 22:36
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... You guys are going to be blown away with pCARS 2, and that's a promise.

gregc
31-01-2017, 22:36
Again...tastes differ from person to person...
What you want might not be what others do and vice versa...imo (and what Cluck said) moving forward is the key and that needs to be done with innovations along with improvements...
SMS is exactly doing that...

This. I couldn't care less about pit crews for instance, but Rallycross - bring it on! Hopefully we all get what we want :)

cluck
31-01-2017, 22:37
.....Sounds more like a game for kids, that a game for purists....Ah, you're "one of them", the type that thinks a sim has to be a specific thing, or it's not a pure sim, it's dirty, it's filthy ARCADE!. I don't think you're going to like pCARS2, mostly because it's a lot of fun and I know that's frowned upon in the sim world :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't got any time for fun, sims are serious business. Racing is very serious you know, you're not supposed to have fun doing so, having fun is what filthy arcade people have

rocho
31-01-2017, 22:38
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... You guys are going to be blown away with pCARS 2, and that's a promise.
Agree.

gotdirt410sprintcar
31-01-2017, 22:40
I should of just left it alone sorry too everyone .

Sum Dixon-Ear
31-01-2017, 22:44
Ah, you're "one of them", the type that thinks a sim has to be a specific thing, or it's not a pure sim, it's dirty, it's filthy ARCADE!. I don't think you're going to like pCARS2, mostly because it's a lot of fun and I know that's frowned upon in the sim world :rolleyes:

It does sound like he's channeling Darin Gangi to me....

Konan
31-01-2017, 22:45
I should of just left it alone sorry too everyone .

No need to apologise for having an opinion...

FS7
31-01-2017, 22:55
I'm 99% sure there will be news about PCars2 59 days from today.

EHM
31-01-2017, 23:22
Oh god, please don't say two more months, this is like the most painful wait for a PC game.

LogRoad
01-02-2017, 00:46
Really? I guess you weren't around at this point in pCARS' development, eh? Ah, those were the days. :jaded:

DreamsKnight
01-02-2017, 01:29
but after I played Asseto Corsa, I saw that there`s a lot to improve in Project Cars, in terms of physics (gameplay)... the game felt very "arcade" after playing Asseto Corsa.

i agree with some point of your post, but this part is a nonsense. if a sim is unreasonably difficult doesn't mean it is real. the weight transfer (handling) of AC is a bad copy of what rfactor 2 do pretty well, tyres doesn't have nothing of simulative, off road is scripted, brakes works only in on/off dependant to speed and not to what the car is doing, front tyres grip is on/off dependant to speed, all the cars seems boat on the track, and at the end of game tipycal AC purist buy the game for laser scanned track, great handling and physics, and play with third part track and cars created by a pimply boy in his bedroom (hoping google translate well pimply).

and i'm currently running a championship in assetto corsa, i'll run one in rfactor2, i'm managing raceroom races, and i feel "tired" of pcars after 1000 hour. so far away to be involved only in pcars, if you are thinking this.

poirqc
01-02-2017, 02:37
i agree with some point of your post, but this part is a nonsense. if a sim is unreasonably difficult doesn't mean it is real. the weight transfer (handling) of AC is a bad copy of what rfactor 2 do pretty well, tyres doesn't have nothing of simulative, off road is scripted, brakes works only in on/off dependant to speed and not to what the car is doing, front tyres grip is on/off dependant to speed, all the cars seems boat on the track, and at the end of game tipycal AC purist buy the game for laser scanned track, great handling and physics, and play with third part track and cars created by a pimply boy in his bedroom (hoping google translate well pimply).

and i'm currently running a championship in assetto corsa, i'll run one in rfactor2, i'm managing raceroom races, and i feel bored of pcars after 1000 hour. so far away to be a fanboy, if you are thinking this.

Getting bored of something after a 1000 hours means that thing was fun enough to keep you entertained for a while! :D

Dresden
01-02-2017, 04:36
Now I'm sure I read somewhere that circuits can have localised weather like rain clouds over one section of an otherwise-dry track, or pockets of mist in low-lying areas.

Yes! Yes! This is what I want. So many times I watched Bathurst and saw rain at the top of the mountain and dry conditions in the pit straight. I have wanted a racing game to do this for soooo many years now! Please SMS blow the sim world wide open with this innovation.

Sankyo
01-02-2017, 06:04
"Those Complainers" like me bought Project Cars 1 with real money.

Personaly I liked Project Cars 1, since was the first "true simulator" I played (well, I played Richard Burns Rally and GTR a long time ago.... (I bought a T300 Alcantara because of Project Cars...) ... but after I played Asseto Corsa, I saw that there`s a lot to improve in Project Cars, in terms of physics (gameplay)... the game felt very "arcade" after playing Asseto Corsa.

So I guess, SMS team, should look into the other things, before even look into other categories like rally! Plus, is time wasted when you loose your focus. See Flight Simulator for example (or X-PLANE or P3D).... you have the planes, then you have submarines (!!!!!), that no one cares! It`s loosing the focus of the game.

Project Cars don`t have a very good physics in tarmac and now 2

Personally, when I`m looking for a car in my garage, I don`t like to see thinks like "LMP1, LMP2, LMP3 .... and the next is a truck, then is a rally car sponsored by monster... then is a limousine..... it`s very unprofessional. Sounds more like a game for kids, that a game for purists.

For that, we have Forza with ice cream vans.

Be the BETTER in ONE thing!

There are SO MANY things you guys could improve over 1 without loosing focus.... so many things. We will have animated pits in PC 2 right? It`s very important for the immersion... :rolleyes:

I always find it interesting how people see all the faults in game A but see none in their favourite game B when there are plenty of them.

Besides that, the fun thing about SMS is that (also) the devs working on physics and FFB are such talented people that they are improving the things that needed improving from pC1 and at the same time are creating the new things with equal quality. Having them only work on the same stuff would be a waste of their skills and talents.

Dresden
01-02-2017, 06:55
Having them only work on the same stuff would be a waste of their skills and talents.

This is the sole reason I sought out Pcars when I heard the about the first one being built. Being on Xbox I had little in competition with Forza and have been shocked out how many cool ideas I see at SMS. Forza was a good racer back in the F2/F3 days but has zero innovation now. I swear when I play number 3 I can feel better RWD physics and handling than the latest game.

Some here have complained about SMS spreading themselves too thin across many disciplines, but really, I would rather have SMS juggle too many balls in the air than not enough. The lack of innovation has totally killed off my love of Forza.

EHM
01-02-2017, 08:25
This is the sole reason I sought out Pcars when I heard the about the first one being built. Being on Xbox I had little in competition with Forza and have been shocked out how many cool ideas I see at SMS. Forza was a good racer back in the F2/F3 days but has zero innovation now. I swear when I play number 3 I can feel better RWD physics and handling than the latest game.

Some here have complained about SMS spreading themselves too thin across many disciplines, but really, I would rather have SMS juggle too many balls in the air than not enough. The lack of innovation has totally killed off my love of Forza.

I came from Forza too (And before that GT) and I know exactly what you mean by the lack of innovation and what I would summarize as a confused sense of identity from that series. I remember being frustrated time and time again when the developers talked about being passionate about racing yet the most basic features of competitive racing were apparently considered afterthoughts, fuel and tires that seem to last 200 laps and basically absent pitstops, career races that were usually 2 laps, the removal of user created lobbies and the list goes on.

But hey atleast they always had decent DLC, seems those were the only cool things they ever added.

I remember seeing the unveiling of Forza 5 (And hoping for some actual innovation with the new hardware power) and pretty much all of those features were still absent or subpar, when I saw what SMS were doing with such a small budget and in a relatively small time frame I was blown away, I didn't realise how far this game had come since a year or so before that when it still had the Shiftesque presentation that I dismissed too easily. (And no offense to SMS but I thought both Shift games sucked :o)

Forza is the definition of the Jack of all trades, master of none, Pcars on the other hand knows what it wants to be and after 2 years I have a lot of confidence in SMS.