PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2:What we are 99%-100% certain about.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Invincible
08-02-2017, 08:05
Heh, you think it's bad having to sit back, like a child in a sweet shop, not knowing what we WMD2 members know? Imagine seeing what we see but not being able to say anything about it ... it's torture :o

Fully agree. You constantly have to control yourself not to start blabbering. Whatever you say in this regard, you always have to ask yourself "What can I say without saying too much or breaking the NDA?!".
It's one of those secrets a friend has told under the promise not to tell anyone. At first, you're fine. But then it slowly starts burning in your head, whispering "share it! share it! Tell everyone!!"

theothermexico
08-02-2017, 08:30
Heh, you think it's bad having to sit back, like a child in a sweet shop, not knowing what we WMD2 members know? Imagine seeing what we see but not being able to say anything about it ... it's torture :o

I'm not advocating breaking the NDA, but it's good for you if you do something to relieve the pressure. Such as oh I don't know, maybe throwing us a bone ;)

Mascot
08-02-2017, 08:30
Still not sure if it's a boy or a girl...

Plot twist: it's twins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpAZOyaA1Cs

Konan
08-02-2017, 08:44
I'm not advocating breaking the NDA, but it's good for you if you do something to relieve the pressure. Such as oh I don't know, maybe throwing us a bone ;)

He already did...

Best
Overall
Nda
Explainer

:rolleyes:

RomKnight
08-02-2017, 08:45
"PC2 - the definite guide". Will this be the name of the thread after the trailer is released?

We all know the physics "doctorates by YT (tm)" will judge pCARS, we'll know that there will be trees but no bees :D, that that it'll be weather and 24h changes... oh wait... this was pC1 :D

EHM
08-02-2017, 10:14
I saw laser scanned Ring a very nice surprise.

Mascot
08-02-2017, 10:25
That Q&A with Ian over on GTP is great - let's hope he does a similar one here. I have a whole bunch of questions!

Konan
08-02-2017, 10:27
I have a whole bunch of questions!

Pick a number and get in line...:cool:

EHM
08-02-2017, 10:36
About Porsche and some other manufacturers in the GTP thread.

"Yes. We have all three" - The Wookie himself. :yes:

I can sleep now, and wake up tomorrow for more.

Invincible
08-02-2017, 10:38
About Porsche and some other manufacturers in the GTP thread.

"Yes. We have all three" - The Wookie himself. :yes:

I can sleep now, and wake up tomorrow for more.

Just to clarify - he was talking about "the holy trinity" ;)

Mad Al
08-02-2017, 10:43
Just to clarify - he was talking about "the holy trinity" ;)

Lada, Reliant and Trabant ;)

EHM
08-02-2017, 10:46

Can't wait to take a Reliant around Monaco.

:angel:

Invincible
08-02-2017, 10:48
Can't wait to take a Reliant around Monaco.

After "septemberish" you'll be able to brag about your sub-30 minute lap on the Nordschleife in a Trabandt :p

Bealdor
08-02-2017, 10:56
After "septemberish" you'll be able to brag about your sub-30 minute lap on the Nordschleife in a Trabandt :p

There are Trabis with >65hp and a top speed of >160kph, so a sub 30min lap is nothing to brag about IMO... ;)

Konan
08-02-2017, 10:56

Be sure to tell your engineer to put two-stroke petrol in though...or that lap will last until infinity...:cool:

Invincible
08-02-2017, 10:59
There are Trabis with >65hp and a top speed of >160kph, so a sub 30min lap is nothing to brag about IMO... ;)

I wasn't talking about the Stanceworks version...

Edit: Oops... did I say too much? :p

Bealdor
08-02-2017, 11:02
I wasn't talking about the Stanceworks version...

Ingame screenshot leaked...

#nofilter #truestory

cluck
08-02-2017, 11:39
Lada, Reliant and Trabant ;)Eh? Did Saab get dropped then? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sorrow:

bmanic
08-02-2017, 11:40

Bwhahaha! That had me literally laughing out loud here. Good one.

Mad Al
08-02-2017, 11:43
Eh? Did Saab get dropped then? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sorrow:

Well, the 99 was a little flaky

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 11:44
The silence is deafening on PCars social media after the pic teases wish id a pound for every time ive checked fb and twitter the last few days lol

Konan
08-02-2017, 11:46
I suggest to check here too regularly...

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Mad Al
08-02-2017, 11:46
The silence is deafening on PCars social media after the pic teases wish id a pound for every time ive checked fb and twitter the last few days lol

and start hitting F5

edit.. ninja..

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 11:51
I suggest to check here too regularly...

yep been there too looking for pre order details lol

SlowBloke
08-02-2017, 11:52
Jebus... Im so excited - I really should not be feeling like Im a kid again on Christmas morning .....

Silraed
08-02-2017, 11:53
The only thing keeping my hype in check is knowing I'll most likely need to upgrade my computer which unfortunately isn't a financial possibility for many months to come at the least.

Konan
08-02-2017, 11:57
The only thing keeping my hype in check is knowing I'll most likely need to upgrade my computer which unfortunately isn't a financial possibility for many months to come at the least.

Good thing it only releases many months from now then...:cool:

Silraed
08-02-2017, 12:04
Good thing it only releases many months from now then...:cool:

I should have said many months beyond the speculated release date haha. My spending money for at least the next year is already spent on a trip to Melbourne in March for a certain event.

Christiaan van Beilen
08-02-2017, 12:05

You'll be fine... I am fine too. :)
Remember... apart from "pro" versions of consoles there hasn't been any significant performance increase by the release of a complete new generation of consoles. So the game still needs to fit into a certain performance bracket, and with that in mind you can easily imagine the demand on PC requirements.

Christiaan van Beilen
08-02-2017, 12:10
Ingame screenshot leaked...

#nofilter #truestory

I think we still need to replace those tyres with lower grip ones, because the car just isn't made for those cornering G-forces. It now ends up with so much body roll it ends up almost flipping over. :p

...is what Jussi would complain about.

Silraed
08-02-2017, 12:13
You'll be fine... I am fine too. :)
Remember... apart from "pro" versions of consoles there hasn't been any significant performance increase by the release of a complete new generation of consoles. So the game still needs to fit into a certain performance bracket, and with that in mind you can easily imagine the demand on PC requirements.

Yeah I'm sure my CPU will keep chugging along for a while yet, although I would love to upgrade it for a smoother Battlefield 1 experience. It's mainly the 7970 or rather the 3GB VRAM which is finally starting to show it's age the last year or so.

Ryzen looks to be shaping up nicely for people in the market for a new PC in the near future though, but that isn't very on topic.

Christiaan van Beilen
08-02-2017, 12:24
Yeah I'm sure my CPU will keep chugging along for a while yet, although I would love to upgrade it for a smoother Battlefield 1 experience. It's mainly the 7970 or rather the 3GB VRAM which is finally starting to show it's age the last year or so.

Ryzen looks to be shaping up nicely for people in the market for a new PC in the near future though, but that isn't very on topic.

Having the desire or need to upgrade are two different things though. ;)
Of course I know how it is and I too wish I could enjoy it all in a better way, but finances and basically the fact that there are few games I play that really would benefit from the extra horsepower... those two things keep me from investing in an upgrade, especially the latter reason. Although VR would be a good reason to improve the cockpit experience but I am in doubt of the resolution of the current VR goggles as I wish to have the possibility to look in the distance.

Anyway... just let your local Cluck out and get silly hyped.

NoBrakes
08-02-2017, 12:29
Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Just to clarify - he was talking about "the holy trinity"

Now you owe me a new iMAC cleaning tissue as I just spit my coffee over the screen :applouse:

Mascot
08-02-2017, 12:46
Ice racing PC2 media event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u14hbbDcSZI

The new WiP HUD can be seen.

Christiaan van Beilen
08-02-2017, 12:58
Lada, Zastava and Trabant ;)

They didn't have a Reliant in the east, so fixed that for you.

Now... if you'll excuse me for applying Remco's law...

Dear Boss Wookie, I hope you still are trying to get a license for the Autobiachi A112 Abarth in fine racing colors? :rolleyes:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cb/45/ae/cb45aea7d8f81e80df258f57b108a75b.jpg

I know I know... we have some fine breed iron animals in the pC2 stables already. I am just joking, although I do love the little car races (Mini in GT Legends for example).

EHM
08-02-2017, 13:02
Yes, on something completely unrelated to Remco's Law I hope the trailer (If one is coming) is up by early morning here in Australia, sometime around 9:17 9:18 or 9:19.

Bealdor
08-02-2017, 13:03
And there it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktEmHZ8M1A

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:03
PCARS 2 trailer on youtube

proterra1
08-02-2017, 13:04
The trailer is live now!

TerminatorGR
08-02-2017, 13:05
Even the new NSX GT3 is in oh God thanks SMS!!1!1

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:10
And there it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktEmHZ8M1A

Could somebody please explain to me why I only get black boxes on posts like this and have to hit the reply with quote and copy and paste the link to see what it is?
Ive asked the question loads of times but nobody has answered

Silraed
08-02-2017, 13:11
Having the desire or need to upgrade are two different things though. ;)

Anyway... just let your local Cluck out and get silly hyped.

Very true.

After watching that announcement trailer I think I'll follow your advice and just let the hype run free :cool:.

RomKnight
08-02-2017, 13:11
@pisshead30
Pretty sure I've seen an answer on this today. It goes sometihng like "Stop using IE god damn it" :D :D :D

EHM
08-02-2017, 13:16
GT-R, 650S and NSX for GT3!!! :encouragement:

Mascot
08-02-2017, 13:17
GT-R, 650S and NSX for GT3!!! :encouragement:

Nice, isn't it?
And I bet that's not all ;)

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:18
@pisshead30
Pretty sure I've seen an answer on this today. It goes sometihng like "Stop using IE god damn it" :D :D :D

Im a bit stupid whats IE mean?

Bealdor
08-02-2017, 13:19
Could somebody please explain to me why I only get black boxes on posts like this and have to hit the reply with quote and copy and paste the link to see what it is?

What browser are you using?
Some special plugins running (noscript or similar??

@pisshead30

Wrong forum mate. ;)

Im a bit stupid whats IE mean?

Internet Explorer

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00bbKltIsc

Nice video from Playstation Access

Christiaan van Beilen
08-02-2017, 13:21

Adblockers, ghostery... any of that kind maybe is stopping the script from executing that inserts those clips into webpages, but executing a javascript action like the one that opens the reply possibly executes the other script too.

Anyway... a blocker of sorts is blocking it.

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:33
Internet Explorer

Thank you

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:34
Adblockers, ghostery... any of that kind maybe is stopping the script from executing that inserts those clips into webpages, but executing a javascript action like the one that opens the reply possibly executes the other script too.

Anyway... a blocker of sorts is blocking it.

Thank you

hkraft300
08-02-2017, 13:38
Just watched the trailer and the access videos.
Holy Jesus Moses and Muhammad.
I can't deal with this right now.
Goodnight gentlemen.

Silraed
08-02-2017, 13:38
I'm liking the look of that new HUD in the PlayStation Access video.

F1_Racer68
08-02-2017, 13:39
I'm liking the look of that new HUD in the PlayStation Access video.

Yep. Me too. Gives all the relevant data yet still keeps the screen pretty clean.

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:45
The hype train has left for a fun and exciting journey!!!
Forza what?
Gran Turismo who?
Kaz will be hitting us with another delay lol

I love all my racing games no matter what console im on but that's just the start of it and it just blew the others clean outta the water lol

rosko
08-02-2017, 13:57
So glad i'm off work today. Looks and features sound amazing i need to study & digest all this. Is that PlayStation access video sped up as it looks a bit odd? Bit concerned about the lack classic cars so far, I hope to se more of those to put my mind to rest.

SlowBloke
08-02-2017, 14:16
They showed a small snippet of the content - I woudnt worry just yet - there are lots and lots more tracks and cars.

EHM
08-02-2017, 14:23
So glad i'm off work today. Looks and features sound amazing i need to study & digest all this. Is that PlayStation access video sped up as it looks a bit odd? Bit concerned about the lack classic cars so far, I hope to se more of those to put my mind to rest.

I wouldn't worry too much about what didn't appear in the trailer, even before it started I was waiting for a glimpse of a 911 (Just a peek!) and despite GT3 cars being featured quite prominently there was no appearance, along with a few others from that class we expect to be included.

It kind of has a "This is what we have at the moment to show/is in condition to be shown" sort of vibe to it, it feels like they're keeping a lot of things back for later on.

Mahjik
08-02-2017, 14:27
While even WMD2 members have no direct insight into the media plans SMS has in store, I'm sure there will be more information flowing from this day going forward until release time.

rosko
08-02-2017, 14:32
I'm also interested to see if any serious sim racers from the media have been invited to try it, just seems like most stuff on youtube is from casual forza/gt users.

rosko
08-02-2017, 14:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaBRAKqCmCk

good gameplay video here. you can really here the sound improvements here.

EHM
08-02-2017, 14:35
You beat me to it, 60fps too!

Mahjik
08-02-2017, 14:48
I'm also interested to see if any serious sim racers from the media have been invited to try it, just seems like most stuff on youtube is from casual forza/gt users.

I will say that as usual, SMS does have a stable of professional race drivers providing feedback. IMO, I think the overall system of how SMS is approaching pCARS2 is much more focused and organized compared to pCARS1. Granted, WMD2 doesn't see "everything", but it's clear to see how SMS used what they learned from the WMD1 experience to build upon for the pCARS2 development.

GenBrien
08-02-2017, 14:51
will we have pit crew this time?
will repairs takes more than 1 sec to be done?
has the contact/damage model been improved?
Are we going to be able o save midrace ike old GTR2?
Improvements on Endurances races?
SUBARU??????!!!!!!!

Konan
08-02-2017, 14:54
will we have pit crew this time?
will repairs takes more than 1 sec to be done?
Are we going to be able o save midrace ike old GTR2?
Improvements on Endurances races?
SUBARU??????!!!!!!!

To be continued...

GenBrien
08-02-2017, 14:54

good gameplay video here. you can really here the sound improvements here.

YAY we hear some tire sounds now!!!!!!!
GJ

Stewy32
08-02-2017, 14:56
I didn't see any prototypes

EHM
08-02-2017, 14:58
I didn't see any prototypes

There's what looks like a Ginetta G57 in the GTP thread.

rosko
08-02-2017, 15:00
I will say that as usual, SMS does have a stable of professional race drivers providing feedback. IMO, I think the overall system of how SMS is approaching pCARS2 is much more focused and organized compared to pCARS1. Granted, WMD2 doesn't see "everything", but it's clear to see how SMS used what they learned from the WMD1 experience to build upon for the pCARS2 development.

I understand that in terms of the development, but in terms of the stuff i'm seeing on youtube so far (only a few hours) the people invited to the press trial of the game seem like they are maybe less knowledgeable about sims. Which is fine of course but i'm looking forward to what maybe empty box, gamer muscle think. It will come i guess.

Just watching these videos there seems to be a demo released to some people that's limited to the ice track & fuji with the amg? If so i hope we get a go because i really want a go on the ice.

Silraed
08-02-2017, 15:03

I love me some Fuji Speedway.

OddTimer
08-02-2017, 15:15
I love me some Fuji Speedway.

yeah, awesome track. Sounds good, looks good too. Something really cool is that the AI seems balanced on dry and wet with the same level of competitiveness. A couple of things I didn't like is the lap time popping up on the middle of the screen, hopefully this time you can turn that off. And the second one, although it is too early to tell, is the AI crashing when overtaking in a slow corner....great weather and day time transitions.

rosko
08-02-2017, 15:22
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331843830816/project-cars-2-interview-red-bull-games

Konan
08-02-2017, 15:24
Want some answers?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/

Ian doing some Q&A...

Schadows
08-02-2017, 15:26
Seems like PSVR is unconfirmed yet (probably a lot of downgrade work and feature removal to fit the hardware without ending being ... DriveClub ^^).

Lots of useful info from Ian in the GTP thread
- Hillclimb and Touge didn't make the cut
- reworked audio system
- A portugese track is present (either Portimao or Estoril) ... I really hope it is Portimao d(^_~ )

Also, from the press : 170 cars.

RacingAtHome
08-02-2017, 15:31
Seems like PSVR is unconfirmed yet (probably a lot of downgrade work and feature removal to fit the hardware without ending being ... DriveClub ^^).

- reworked audio system
- A portugese track is present (either Portimao or Estoril) ... I really hope it is Portimao d(^_~ )

Portimao is in the trailer.

TerminatorGR
08-02-2017, 15:37
Am I mistaken or is this the first mainstream sim racer with the new NSX GT3?

Mahjik
08-02-2017, 15:42

Yes, SMS is working on the "sticky contact" issue from pCARS1. It's still WIP but vastly already improved.

I understand that in terms of the development, but in terms of the stuff i'm seeing on youtube so far (only a few hours) the people invited to the press trial of the game seem like they are maybe less knowledgeable about sims. Which is fine of course but i'm looking forward to what maybe empty box, gamer muscle think. It will come i guess.

Just watching these videos there seems to be a demo released to some people that's limited to the ice track & fuji with the amg? If so i hope we get a go because i really want a go on the ice.

In the short term, it will be "press only event" type demos. I'm sure as things get closer to release, selected online personalities will have access.

Am I mistaken or is this the first mainstream sim racer with the new NSX GT3?

As of today, yes.

rosko
08-02-2017, 15:43

- reworked audio system

In terms of the console versions, will there be any graphical improvements that take advantage of the PS4 Pro, or Xbox's Project Scorpio?
Yes, absolutely. We're all gadget freaks at our studio, so if there's any wheel, pedal, VR, second-screen apps, triple screen, 21:9 monitors, or consoles, yeah, PSVR, PS4 Pro, and also Microsoft Scorpio, we will always be looking to utilise them in some way. I can confirm that PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio will get some sort of improvements, but we can't really talk about the Scorpio stuff at the moment, because not very much is known. You'll have to wait until Microsoft themselves reveal more information on that.

OddTimer
08-02-2017, 15:45
In terms of the console versions, will there be any graphical improvements that take advantage of the PS4 Pro, or Xbox's Project Scorpio?
Yes, absolutely. We're all gadget freaks at our studio, so if there's any wheel, pedal, VR, second-screen apps, triple screen, 21:9 monitors, or consoles, yeah, PSVR, PS4 Pro, and also Microsoft Scorpio, we will always be looking to utilise them in some way. I can confirm that PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio will get some sort of improvements, but we can't really talk about the Scorpio stuff at the moment, because not very much is known. You'll have to wait until Microsoft themselves reveal more information on that.

on that redbull link they confirm they will developing for Pro and Scorpio.

Rickhendrikse
08-02-2017, 15:49
236903 Daytona!

rosko
08-02-2017, 15:58
Good bit of info in here. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-2-is-striving-to-be-the-racing-simula/1100-6447660/

TerminatorGR
08-02-2017, 16:13
As of today, yes.Awesome.

Diamond_Eyes
08-02-2017, 16:17
Just watched the trailer and the access videos.
Holy Jesus Moses and Muhammad.
I can't deal with this right now.
Goodnight gentlemen.

You shall now be at peace with the World and the Cosmos
As foretold, 2017 will be a good year
For all of us

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 16:24
Good bit of info in here. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-2-is-striving-to-be-the-racing-simula/1100-6447660/

I like SMS reasons on why all cars and tracks are available from the start

F1_Racer68
08-02-2017, 16:31
There's what looks like a Ginetta G57 in the GTP thread.

It was confirmed by Ginetta themselves in a tweet this morning.

https://twitter.com/GinettaCars/status/829330195001667584

EDIT: You'll note that the picture also CONFIRMS Daytona ;)

RacingAtHome
08-02-2017, 16:41
It was confirmed by Ginetta themselves in a tweet this morning.

https://twitter.com/GinettaCars/status/829330195001667584

EDIT: You'll note that the picture also CONFIRMS Daytona ;)

Picture also says it's a P2 but has a P3 box. :P

Schadows
08-02-2017, 16:46
I like SMS reasons on why all cars and tracks are available from the startEither way, people don't complain about FIFA not locking access to Barcelona & Madrid or any great team.
Create your own challenges, and earn better deals!

gregc
08-02-2017, 16:48
Excuse me if I take a moment, but...

That's one of my screenshots :D :D ;)

GenBrien
08-02-2017, 17:01
Ferrari
Porsche
Lamborghini

Confirmed by Ian

Androphonomania
08-02-2017, 17:06
Will there be dx12 support and or increased amd performance?

konnos
08-02-2017, 17:08
They didn't say specifically for DX12 but Ian said in gtplanet that they are fairing very well on AMD now.

F1_Racer68
08-02-2017, 17:18
Picture also says it's a P2 but has a P3 box. :P

LOL... totally missed that part..... :o

F1_Racer68
08-02-2017, 17:23
Will there be dx12 support and or increased amd performance?

Increased performance has been confirmed by Ian and others. They have optimized things significantly. Ian did state this morning in his Q&A on GTPlanet that you will get "more quality for less kit". Here is the link to the post

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-20#post-11703528

RomKnight
08-02-2017, 17:31
So who's 99% sure this trailer is official? :p

Konan
08-02-2017, 17:41
Looking at who's posted it first i'd say everyone...

RacingAtHome
08-02-2017, 18:28
Looking at who's posted it first i'd say everyone...

Surely it would be nobody because they'd be 100% sure?

Konan
08-02-2017, 18:40
True...lol

DreamsKnight
08-02-2017, 18:41
ian don't like us. :(

cxMilk
08-02-2017, 18:44
This sudden flood of information is all so exciting. I'm especially eager to see that live track mechanic in action. And with its licensing/matchmaking stuff, I may finally venture online in pCars2.

breyzipp
08-02-2017, 18:44
The pic below (from the youtube video linked under it) is interesting.

First of all, if the track maps look like that with colored T1-T2-T3 sectors instead of just a grey line in PC1, great improvement already! For the rest I think this is the selection screen from their demo build. But it also makes wonder if we will get some special events or challenges in PC2. You know, a bit like the driver's licences in GT5/GT6 or the special events in Assetto Corsa. With this huge amount of track/season/weather/timeofday/car combinations it would be really cool if the dev team would tailor some special events for us. I love the customisation of all these things we have as players but I also love doing special events on well-defined, hand-tailored presets made by the devs as well.

So back to that screenshot I took from the video, that looks like it could be just one of special challenges you could do in PC2. In this case drive this C63 in what might be a clear sky night with polar light effects in a circuit race where you need to beat a certain lap time. Maybe a system with bronze/silver/gold medals like in GT5/6 and AC? Or screw the medals, a multiplayer leaderboard attached to it would be fine already as well. :)

video link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaBRAKqCmCk

Konan
08-02-2017, 18:45

Says who?

breyzipp
08-02-2017, 18:56
Totally love the loading screens with the big track layout that shows the sectors and the elevation changes. :)

Fuji has 16 corners though instead of 9 and the track length is 4,563 m (link to official site below). Project CARS 1 has many of such errors as well, I hope they get the official amount of numbers in for each track. :)

Fuji : http://www.fsw.tv/english/guide/guide_rc.html
Fuji @ racingcircuits.info : http://www.racingcircuits.info/asia/japan/fuji-speedway/#.WJt2hjsrKUk

breyzipp
08-02-2017, 19:25
That ice training track does in fact exist in reality too. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd9-bhJrTKA

Schadows
08-02-2017, 19:45
Does LiveTrack 3.0 include dynamic drying racing line, or is it the same "mask" as in project cars 1 (which could be understandable since most of the people keep using the same line).

I wish we could see some aquaplanning because of the puddles like the latest forza (but without the pond in the middle of the track XD)

Invincible
08-02-2017, 19:52
Sorry. Unsure if it's okay to share. Will be edited again when I checked back.

Seemingly it's okay to share...

Drying line is determined by the cars path and also the slope of the track and if it's in the shadows or in the sun. So, it's definitely not a mask.

Mahjik
08-02-2017, 20:04
I wish we could see some aquaplanning

This is there...

GenBrien
08-02-2017, 20:09
do you think they'll open spots to buy the beta for old PC1 members, since features seems to be mostly done and to help finding bugs?:rolleyes:
just saying...;)

Joethe147
08-02-2017, 20:12
Hope they don't pull that scripted weather bs in career again.

GenBrien
08-02-2017, 20:18
Hope they don't pull that scripted weather bs in career again.

you mean the '' I'm doing a 5 laps race, it starts to rain on 3, I must change tyre but the AI no''

unknwn
08-02-2017, 20:19
About Live Track 3.0 - was it mentioned whether rubber and water build up will be dynamic on where the cars drive and also graphically visible (e.g. like RF2)?

Diamond_Eyes
08-02-2017, 20:35
GT Sport
current mood in the PD camp
I wonder..... how about :mad-new:

Mahjik
08-02-2017, 20:35
do you think they'll open spots to buy the beta for old PC1 members, since features seems to be mostly done and to help finding bugs?:rolleyes:
just saying...;)

Something similar was recently brought up, unfortunately it's not likely to happen.

Francisnf
08-02-2017, 20:50
Very excited about this! looking fabulous.

I hope it keeps true to its Motorsport routes with its excellent career, im sure it will do! :)

Bring on September ASAP...

Roger Prynne
08-02-2017, 20:57
About Live Track 3.0 - was it mentioned whether rubber and water build up will be dynamic on where the cars drive and also graphically visible (e.g. like RF2)?

Yes, but better than RF2 IMHO.

proterra1
08-02-2017, 21:49
Great to see Bannochbrae make a return. Love the track and I can't wait to race it in the snow!

I wonder if a local real life bus stop will also make a return?!

Schadows
08-02-2017, 21:55
just saying...;)highly unprobable.
Unless they go "early access", they already said it' impossible to secure new Steam keys for private testing.

proterra1
08-02-2017, 22:10
What were the tracks at the 44 & 45 second mark in the trailer? The first one looked like Suzuka/Sakitto but I don't recognise the other.

Joethe147
08-02-2017, 22:11
you mean the '' I'm doing a 5 laps race, it starts to rain on 3, I must change tyre but the AI no''

It's something which many people on here have commented on and forcing something that should be variable is not on at all. Why they thought it was a good idea, who knows.

breyzipp
08-02-2017, 22:18

The Nissan GT-R in the pic from that article has the exact same livery as how it was used for the Bathurst 12h last weekend @ Mount Panorama. :)

Edit - they raced with numbers 23 & 24 (A) during the race so not sure where the race number 1 car is coming from. Maybe that's before they knew their race numbers?
Edit 2 - it's the new 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 of course, not the older one.
Edit 3 - okay I think I figured it out, the car they used for the 2016 race had number one. :) link : http://www.forcegt.com/news/nissan-confirms-return-to-mount-panorama-for-2016-bathurst-12-hour-victory/

here is an article with some pics of the 23 car :
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/motor-sport/bathurst-12-hour-new-nissan-gtr-gt3-nismo-gets-shakedown-at-winton/news-story/f2f1a6f02bb8e6cabaf0ecae9c8f555f

TerminatorGR
08-02-2017, 22:54
Ford GT race car confirmed (the screenshot is from the game's steam page). Best GT3 lineup in all of sim racing, thanks so much SMS!

TexasTyme214
08-02-2017, 22:55
Ford GT race car confirmed (the screenshot is from the game's steam page). Best GT3 lineup in all of sim racing.

Hopefully the GTLM group of cars are separate from GT3. So far, I haven't seen any clips or screenshots with them together. *Fingers Crossed*

TerminatorGR
08-02-2017, 22:57
Hopefully the GTLM group of cars are separate from GT3. So far, I haven't seen any clips or screenshots with them together. *Fingers Crossed*Separating GT3 and GTLM is too much I think. It's better to have a general GT3 category where all of these monsters compete against each other. Imagine the races!

cluck
08-02-2017, 23:03
http://youtu.be/7miRCLeFSJo?t=46s

;)

RacingAtHome
08-02-2017, 23:19

;)

*reads mind*

Ferrari 488 GTE
Porsche 911 Cup, GT3 and GTE
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
BMW M6 GT3/GTLM
Lexus RC F GT3 as a surprise like the Acura.
Maybe the Emil Frey Jaguar. (It's in Forza so possible.) :P

Zpectre87
08-02-2017, 23:28
But it also makes wonder if we will get some special events or challenges in PC2. You know, a bit like the driver's licences in GT5/GT6 or the special events in Assetto Corsa.

I thought winning on foggy rainy Ruapuna at night in a LMP900 car without driving aids was challenge enough. :D

Christiaan van Beilen
08-02-2017, 23:31

;)

In response to that... like a Phoenix (:rolleyes:) rising from the ashes... Ian and team, let's show them! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98L5imvTh4

Rambo_Commando
08-02-2017, 23:42
Looking foward to some open wheel cars.

poirqc
09-02-2017, 00:19
Anyone found footage of someone driving with a wheel*? Seems i'm only stumbling on drivers that would need a bit more practice. Everyone keeps knocking on other cars.

Thanks,

*(I have nothing against gamepad)

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 00:26
The Steam page has launched.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: tbc
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: 'DirectX compatible sound card
Additional Notes: At this stage in development, minimum specs are very much subject to change.

RECOMMENDED:

Graphics: NVIDIA 1080GTX / Radeon 6700k
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Additional Notes: At this stage in development, recommended specs are very much subject to change.

Can someone from the WMD team confirm these minimum specs? I am currently running an AMD FX-4200. Am I really looking at having to upgrade the CPU? Thankfully, it's a simple CPU only upgrade as my board supports the FX-8350, but that will have to be considered into the budget ("Sorry honey, I HAVE to spend the money on a new CPU.... The Wookie is making me do it.... "). :D

And yes, I know that to enjoy the FULL features of the game, my system is not sufficient. But the current hardware runs pCARS1 relatively well with 60+FPS on triple screens with medium settings. The CPU and the 2GB of VRAM being the biggest bottlenecks.

MillsLayne
09-02-2017, 00:45
Great, and now the impatient waiting starts... :D

Also, seeing Daytona in the trailer, I'm wondering how the ovals are coming and if the stock cars will make a return. *fingers crossed*

GenBrien
09-02-2017, 01:40
Can someone from the WMD team confirm these minimum specs? I am currently running an AMD FX-4200.

I guess you'll be ok if you're within ghz range

on my PC I have a i7 2600k@4.8ghz....
would be very funny if the game is not running

dbo35
09-02-2017, 02:38
What is a radeon 6700k??

interesting

hkraft300
09-02-2017, 03:13
Hopefully the GTLM group of cars are separate from GT3. So far, I haven't seen any clips or screenshots with them together. *Fingers Crossed*

Separating GT3 and GTLM is too much I think. It's better to have a general GT3 category where all of these monsters compete against each other. Imagine the races!

Ye but...
If the 2016/17 GTLM cars are much faster than GT3, it would need a separation, or at least the choice of.
Although multi-class races would still be entertaining, as well as races where fast guys drive slower cars and slow its drive fast cars, vice versa.
TT I don't care. On PC there are filters for the leaderboards. Consoles just need a filter by car/class. Right now all the GT1/3/4 cars are thrown in together.

Mahjik
09-02-2017, 03:15
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the spec requirements yet. Those are likely just placeholder information to be able to display the page in Steam.

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 03:23
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the spec requirements yet. Those are likely just placeholder information to be able to display the page in Steam.

Yeah, I kinda thought that might be the case since the Minimum and Recommended both show the same CPU. The upgrade is in the plans anyways, but just not sure when.......

ryandtw
09-02-2017, 04:43
The Steam page has launched.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

Graphics: tbc
Sound Card: 'DirectX compatible sound card
Additional Notes: At this stage in development, minimum specs are very much subject to change.

RECOMMENDED:

Graphics: NVIDIA 1080GTX / Radeon 6700k
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Additional Notes: At this stage in development, recommended specs are very much subject to change.

Can someone from the WMD team confirm these minimum specs? I am currently running an AMD FX-4200. Am I really looking at having to upgrade the CPU? Thankfully, it's a simple CPU only upgrade as my board supports the FX-8350, but that will have to be considered into the budget ("Sorry honey, I HAVE to spend the money on a new CPU.... The Wookie is making me do it.... "). :D

And yes, I know that to enjoy the FULL features of the game, my system is not sufficient. But the current hardware runs pCARS1 relatively well with 60+FPS on triple screens with medium settings. The CPU and the 2GB of VRAM being the biggest bottlenecks.

Wow, that's pretty serious specs, even minimum-wise. I don't think my i7-860 will be able to handle it. For sure I'm going to need to build a new computer because of it. I've got that in my plans, but that's not until 2018 at the earliest (unless for some reason I can get a job with decent pay, and even then I'm too busy with school)...

(Not only that, but Windows 10 is pretty much also required! Seems like pCARS 2 is going to be more optimized for more modern systems...)

I'll still pre-order it as soon as possible, but it might not be until middle of next year until I can fully experience this game that I'm going to really wait for.

Zpectre87
09-02-2017, 05:47
i7 minimum? That's serious stuff.

I'm afraid that if I want to run this game with good eyecandy at decent framerates the only thing I'll be able to salvage from my current setup are the RAM chips. :D

Ye but...
If the 2016/17 GTLM cars are much faster than GT3, it would need a separation, or at least the choice of.
Although multi-class races would still be entertaining, as well as races where fast guys drive slower cars and slow its drive fast cars, vice versa.
TT I don't care. On PC there are filters for the leaderboards. Consoles just need a filter by car/class. Right now all the GT1/3/4 cars are thrown in together.

One of the biggest things why I hate the current ACO class system is that we're living in a transitional era. It makes zero sense for GT cars to be restricted at 450-500 bhp anymore, this was the rating of old GT2 cars 10 years ago, which the current GTLM cars evolved from. We even have a car straight from that era still racing, Vantage V8 debuted in 2008-2009 in the defunct FIA GT championship. The new Ford GT and Ferrari 488 GTB road cars are in the mid 600 bhp range. Hate to say, but IMO it's just lobby from Porsche and Aston Martin to be able to run underpowered/outdated cars. The new RSR will use an NA flat-6 like the old one, only major difference is the improved setup, new GT3 is mid-engine. This is done for marketing (much like Audi diesels) allowing Porsche to say they run the same GT3 (or at least the same engine) in LM that is sold on the streets. But, under normal circumstances, they'd never be able to bump up power to 600 bhp to run with the smaller turbos of Ford and Ferrari. As for Aston Martin, no comment...

Come to think of it, it's absurdly silly to equalize a 3.9L twin-turbo V8 to a 4.0L naturally-aspirated flat-6, but I don't call the shots... It does not reward ingenuity, truth be told.

But then I still find it annoying that prestige marques invest in supercars like F12 and Aventador without having anywhere to race them on because of price and ruleset not favoring them. :(

EHM
09-02-2017, 06:06
How exactly was the GT2 BMW from Pcars one "Balanced" for GT3, I remember reading something a very long time ago about it and am wondering about the situation with PCars 2.

DECATUR PLAYA
09-02-2017, 07:12
Thought I read manual pit stops option. Is this correct. September is way to far away. If this is just the tip of the iceberg we are in for a treat.

Just wondering about paint booth and paint schemes. Really doesn't matter but just wondering.

Mr Schumacher
09-02-2017, 08:25
Great, and now the impatient waiting starts... :D

Also, seeing Daytona in the trailer, I'm wondering how the ovals are coming and if the stock cars will make a return. *fingers crossed*

Are you sure that was Daytona? It looks kinda like Charlotte.. Can
any one confirm this?

Mr Schumacher
09-02-2017, 08:31
Was up playa.. its Tripod.. lol

Mr Schumacher
09-02-2017, 08:43
Ye but...

It's very very important to separate GTLM and GTD.. Because it's very inaccurate to try and guess how a GTLM car would perform with A GT3 makeover.. Not for all cars.. But cars like The C7 Corvette and Ford GT GTLM don't have a GTD/GT3 option.. also GTLM is a very popular class, it's not like it will be neglected.. In North America GTLM is much more popular than GTD easily. Not to mention how nice it would be to have some proper Weather Tech Championships now that we have Long Beach and Daytona coming.. all we need is Vergina and Canadian speedway and we're good.. we all ready have the glen and road America.. almost forgot, we need SEABRING too;);)..

Schadows
09-02-2017, 08:46
any one confirm this?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1322707&viewfull=1#post1322707

RacingAtHome
09-02-2017, 08:46
any one confirm this?

No. It's Daytona. There was the infield and the Daytona signs on the barriers around the circuit. And the Ferris Wheel. :P

Leper Messiah
09-02-2017, 09:00
Holee smeg I'm am SO looking forward to this, love Pcars and this looks an order of magnitude better!

Tank621
09-02-2017, 09:24
No. It's Daytona. There was the infield and the Daytona signs on the barriers around the circuit. And the Ferris Wheel. :P

That and the barriers aren't bright yellow

hkraft300
09-02-2017, 09:30
It's very very important to separate GTLM and GTD.. Because it's very inaccurate to try and guess how a GTLM car would perform with A GT3 makeover...

We've had this discussion in another thread.
GTLM cars won't be getting a "GT3 makeover".
C7 Corvette had a GT3 version by Callaway but not sure what's happened to it.

Dresden
09-02-2017, 10:10
any one confirm this?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-25

Daytona pic in this thread.

cluck
09-02-2017, 10:28
There's something coming at noon* today - one of the devs (Yorkie) has posted a tweet

12:00 GMT....watch this space! #ProjectCARS2 (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ProjectCARS2?src=hash)

* That's just 30 minutes from the time of this edit

cluck
09-02-2017, 11:02
Aha, some ice racing vids are out, courtesy of Yorkie065

Cockpit Cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeJWyTIb-YI

and

Roof Cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jlGsR8d8ZY

SlowBloke
09-02-2017, 11:15
Be good if we got to see something other than ice and a merc though :) Is safe to say we got a fair few vids of those now.

honespc
09-02-2017, 11:23
if the game will be still using directx11, then why is windows 10 requiered?.

I would also like to point out that devs were told the people who complained about the handling on the ice stage that it was still a work in progress. It will handle way better. That it still needs tweaking

I hope the smoke generation this time anytime if drift (on tarmac) isn't restricted to ps3/xbox360 graphical levels like in pc1 :)

Konan
09-02-2017, 11:25
Be good if we got to see something other than ice and a merc though :) Is safe to say we got a fair few vids of those now.

Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth mate...:cool:

Mascot
09-02-2017, 11:46
That ice racing leaves me cold. No, seriously.

SlowBloke
09-02-2017, 11:50
True true - will take what ever is on offer - just impatient I guess :)

cluck
09-02-2017, 12:00
That ice racing leaves me cold. No, seriously.I can understand that but I suspect it will be an excellent tool for honing fine car control :)

EDIT : I'm not sure how "racing" as such would work on it so, it could be that it is there for precisely the reason above, a driver training tool. I honestly don't know, even though I'm a WMD2 member :o.

ShimonART
09-02-2017, 12:03
there's only one thing that i really care about and its full triple screen support. is it going to have it?

honespc
09-02-2017, 12:13
shouldn't be borderline impossible to drive a rwd car on ice regardless your ice tyres, furthermore that kind of sport car like the Mercedes he's using?. Shouldn't you be using a 4wd car in order to have the minimum control over such surface?

Video proof of real life GT rwd road car (low suspension type at least like that Mercedes), racing on pure ice, please?. Frozen lake better for a perfect match with the video gameplay. And please no rally examples of a stratos or you know the rwd cars of that rally era for instance. I mean modern rwd sports Road Cars only, with low suspension like that one.

I really was thinking that the ice/dirt racing in pc2 would be made, mandatory I mean, with the 4wd rally/rallycross cars you are making too, not with a GT car..

Jonyvf
09-02-2017, 12:13
there's only one thing that i really care about and its full triple screen support. is it going to have it?

Yup
You can use with 3 4k monitors

Schadows
09-02-2017, 12:17
So far, about snow racing, I'm a little underwhelm about the visuals. Don't know if it's the textures or the geometry of the snow "off-track" but it doesn't look on par with snow racing from DiRT Rally (only talking about visuals here).
But that won't prevent me from trying it ^^

Roger Prynne
09-02-2017, 12:17
I can understand that but I suspect it will be an excellent tool for honing fine car control :)

EDIT : I'm not sure how "racing" as such would work on it so, it could be that it is there for precisely the reason above, a driver training tool. I honestly don't know, even though I'm a WMD2 member :o.

This is very true, it makes you understand the car like no other discipline.

cluck
09-02-2017, 12:18
shouldn't be borderline impossible to drive a rwd car on ice regardless your ice tyres, furthermore that kind of sport car like the Mercedes he's using?
It has been stated, by Ian Bell himself, that the feedback they got - at the end of that press event - was that it was actually more difficult in the game than in real life :)

Bealdor
09-02-2017, 12:23
Some more info on eSports and Online Championships got released:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/onlinechampionships.html

Shogun613
09-02-2017, 12:24
shouldn't be borderline impossible to drive a rwd car on ice regardless your ice tyres, furthermore that kind of sport car like the Mercedes he's using?. Shouldn't you be using a 4wd car in order to have the minimum control over such surface?

Video proof of real life GT rwd road car (low suspension type at least like that Mercedes), racing on pure ice, please?. Frozen lake better for a perfect match with the video gameplay. And please no rally examples of a stratos or you know the rwd cars of that rally era for instance. I mean modern rwd sports Road Cars only, with low suspension like that one.

I really was thinking that the ice/dirt racing in pc2 would be made, mandatory I mean, with the 4wd rally/rallycross cars you are making too, not with a GT car..
The ice track is a real location. It's the Mercedes Benz ice training track.
http://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/events-mercedes-benz/driving-events/onroad-winter-advanced-experience-sweden/
That's why he's whipping a Benz on the ice.

FS7
09-02-2017, 12:27
Ice racing PC2 media event.

Aha, some ice racing vids are out, courtesy of Yorkie065
Looks like one of my predictions was right then:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46248-Cancelled-Project-CARS-2&p=1260005&viewfull=1#post1260005

"as a response to players who complained that "driving road cars in Project CARS feels like driving on ice" SMS will include ice racing in Project CARS 2."

SlowBloke
09-02-2017, 12:35
Very very cool to have that infrastructure in the game !

Cant wait to see what TonyR & Co are gonna do with that :)

ShimonART
09-02-2017, 12:35
Yup
You can use with 3 4k monitors

hi
thank you for the reply, where did you read about triple screen support?
i know that you can play in pcars1 with triples but you cant adjust angle of the screen and the image is stretched.

Diamond_Eyes
09-02-2017, 12:41

The Monaco track map doesn't look right, perhaps it got flipped?

honespc
09-02-2017, 12:48
It has been stated, by Ian Bell himself, that the feedback they got - at the end of that press event - was that it was actually more difficult in the game than in real life :)uh ok then nice to know, thanks.

Good to know that other "sims" like assetto corsa still don't get something as simple as the fact It's always easier in real life than in sims, and will continue to play and feel so stupid and unrealistically hard, so project cars2 may continue to be best racing game available, once again.

Looks like one of my predictions was right then:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46248-Cancelled-Project-CARS-2&p=1260005&viewfull=1#post1260005

"as a response to players who complained that "driving road cars in Project CARS feels like driving on ice" SMS will include ice racing in Project CARS 2."I see. Ok thanks for the link

Btw those three heavy weight mercedes should be even more difficult to drive than the GT we see in the video hehe. So your example given is more than fair enough :)

Mahjik
09-02-2017, 12:52
Just wondering about paint booth and paint schemes. Really doesn't matter but just wondering.

Ian stated at GTP, no for pCARS2.

The Monaco track map doesn't look right, perhaps it got flipped?

Don't worry so much about the GUI visual details as some of it is still WIP. Those screenshots are to give you an idea of how it's expected to look when released.

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 12:58
any one confirm this?

Picture CLEARLY shows "TONA".... so unless those 4 letters show up in the name of another oval track with supremely high banking, I would say it's safe to say it is DAYTONA. Also, Daytona has been confirmed by SMS.

Diamond_Eyes
09-02-2017, 12:59
Don't worry so much about the GUI visual details as some of it is still WIP. Those screenshots are to give you an idea of how it's expected to look when released.

OK thanks - got excited because thought it was a new Indonesian track but seeing Monaco has same flag colours and I got all confuzed :dejection:

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 13:02
hi
thank you for the reply, where did you read about triple screen support?
i know that you can play in pcars1 with triples but you cant adjust angle of the screen and the image is stretched.

It has been confirmed by Ian himself in multiple locations and even confirmed by the release announcement of supporting 12K

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/829359566517317632

Diamond_Eyes
09-02-2017, 13:02

He must be spreading the love to reach out further, like on GTP forums
There's only 100-150 of us here at any one time ATM
tumbleweed city

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 13:49
Ian is busy posting more Q&A on GTPlanet. SOme good news for those of us that invested in 3rd party apps for pCARS1. UDP connectivity is carried over and those apps will still work with pCARS2.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-29#post-11704890

proterra1
09-02-2017, 15:02
Looks like the Circuit of Wales could be in the game.

Mascot
09-02-2017, 15:13

Ooh, that's a new one for me. Comparison evidence?

proterra1
09-02-2017, 15:19
http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/circuit-of-wales-submits-new-funding-proposal-872192/

Exact same picture here.

SlowBloke
09-02-2017, 15:20
I googled Circuit of Wales - and that screen shot is all over the place. I guess it may be a place holder but there is no mistaking that screenshot in the Schedule section.

jimmyb_84
09-02-2017, 15:21

that's hungry

Mascot
09-02-2017, 15:22
http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/circuit-of-wales-submits-new-funding-proposal-872192/

Exact same picture here.

Bloody well spotted sir! Unless that's a placeholder, then I'd say yes.

Or a massive troll from SMS....

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 15:29
Keep in mind that they also used a track map of Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) as the Track Map icon when in spectator mode, yet Mosport is NOT in the game (no Canadian tracks at all in fact).

Just because the picture is there, I wouldn't assume the track is included. I don't know either way, just saying don't get your hopes up.

proterra1
09-02-2017, 15:44
they also used a track map of Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) as the Track Map icon when in spectator modeWas this in some PCARS2 footage? I've not noticed that.

I'm not fussed for the Circuit of Wales anyway especially as it doesn't even exist yet.

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 15:49
Nope, it's in pCARS1.

cluck
09-02-2017, 15:49
Was this in some PCARS2 footage? I've not noticed that.

I'm not fussed for the Circuit of Wales anyway especially as it doesn't even exist yet.No, pCARS1

Never even heard of the Circuit of Wales. Last time I went through Wales*, I blinked and missed it, so I can't imagine there ever being a whole race circuit there :o

* not THAT Wales of course!

Schadows
09-02-2017, 16:27

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/onlinechampionships.htmlI would have put the details of the "Competitive Racing License" in a separate "Online" section/page.
This is more useful to "normal" online races than to leagues and esport where the participants are generally filtered before the event.
Lots of people not interested in taking part in esport would be interested to know there is a rating system now, and they can go play online without risking playing against wreckers or driving gods.

inthebagbud
09-02-2017, 16:35

Got excited about the online championship but then saw the PC only requirement at bottom of page :(

inthebagbud
09-02-2017, 16:39
Is this marketing release way to early , 8 months even before a Septemberish release date is a long time to keep pushing out the message .

Also don't want to know too much about the game half the joy is banging in a game and going WOW as I did with pcars1 , being too familiar can spoil the excitement

Maybe need to go live in a cave for a few months ;)

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 16:39
Got excited about the online championship but then saw the PC only requirement at bottom of page :(

I believe the PC only comment refers to the ability to export the results outside of the game. The rest is available on console as well.

Note where the * is in the text ;)

Mahjik
09-02-2017, 16:43

The videos are from a media event. Given the cars seen so far (in the videos showing gameplay, not the trailer), this was likely a Mercedes media event. I'm sure more will be teased going forward as it appears the media embargo has been lifted.

So far, about snow racing, I'm a little underwhelm about the visuals. Don't know if it's the textures or the geometry of the snow "off-track" but it doesn't look on par with snow racing from DiRT Rally (only talking about visuals here).
But that won't prevent me from trying it ^^

Dirt Rally actually has rally snow stages. pCARS2 has ice racing. However, I think you'll have a different opinion when you get to see it first hand. You've seen the texture detail in the past from SMS and it's no different here (added with the updated lighting engine).

inthebagbud
09-02-2017, 16:43
I believe the PC only comment refers to the ability to export the results outside of the game. The rest is available on console as well.

I hope your right and makes sense on the limitation for consoles in exporting, but they are still using Microsoft servers so some restrictions are going to apply

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 16:58
I hope your right and makes sense on the limitation for consoles in exporting, but they are still using Microsoft servers so some restrictions are going to apply

The limitation note itself really seems to indicate that it is the export function specifically.

" *PC ONLY. NO NEED FOR SPREADSHEETS, DATABASES, OR SCRAPS OF PAPER ;-) "

But I do understand your concern.

As a PC user, I am looking forward to this feature above all else. It will make my life much easier when it comes to managing the league.

Jonyvf
09-02-2017, 17:19

An error in that photo
Is not Zolder but Spa with Belgium flag

cluck
09-02-2017, 17:37
^^^ already been pointed out. Remember, these are WIP 'mock up' screens showing what it is expected to look like, they are not final :)

cxMilk
09-02-2017, 17:38
On the subject of seasons and weather, I wonder if you race the Ice Arena in summer in full sun you just end up swimming with the fishes, as they say. But seriously, I wonder how conditional the weather is by location or if we will truly have free reign - freak blizzard in Dubai?

seb02
09-02-2017, 17:42
No news for offfline custom championship because It's annoying to do the same races with the sames settings (location, weather, tracks...).

Diamond_Eyes
09-02-2017, 17:55
Keep in mind that they also used a track map of Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) as the Track Map icon when in spectator mode, yet Mosport is NOT in the game (no Canadian tracks at all in fact).

Just because the picture is there, I wouldn't assume the track is included. I don't know either way, just saying don't get your hopes up.

Keeping my hopes in check, wouldn't it be a first to have a virtual track in-game before its even built?
Might even help with the final tweaks on the actual Circuit of Wales layout.....
proterra1 is on fire this week with his spots

RacingAtHome
09-02-2017, 18:07
No news for offfline custom championship because It's annoying to do the same races with the sames settings (location, weather, tracks...).

Ian's said they're vastly improving the single player experience. Plus, with online championships, I see little reason to not have them.

seb02
09-02-2017, 18:21
Ian's said they're vastly improving the single player experience. Plus, with online championships, I see little reason to not have them.

i see a lot of reasons to have them for players who don't play online IMO.

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 18:24

You both just said the same thing...... LOL

Konan
09-02-2017, 18:24

That's what he meant...:cool:

Edit: ok shanghai'd by the racer...lol

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 18:26
That's what he meant...:cool:

WooHoo!!! I finally DID the treeing rather than BEING treed. Oh Happy Day!!

Konan
09-02-2017, 18:26
...enjoy...;)

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 18:27
I will! It's the first time. LOL :D

(and probably the last :( )

ryandtw
09-02-2017, 18:40
Ian stated at GTP, no for pCARS2.

No for paint booth/paint schemes? Link to GTP regarding this and why?

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 18:46
No for paint booth/paint schemes? Link to GTP regarding this and why?

Link to Ian's response on this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-20#post-11703521

And here is the text:

"We created a pretty decent livery system for Shift but it comes with many downsides. You need to reduce the online car limits as the liveries come with a memory overhead. For pCARS we have massive fields on 24 hour tracks like Le Mans and for that reason we had to restrict livery work. It's a tough choice but I think it's the correct one."

ryandtw
09-02-2017, 18:52
Link to Ian's response on this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-20#post-11703521

And here is the text:

"We created a pretty decent livery system for Shift but it comes with many downsides. You need to reduce the online car limits as the liveries come with a memory overhead. For pCARS we have massive fields on 24 hour tracks like Le Mans and for that reason we had to restrict livery work. It's a tough choice but I think it's the correct one."

Going to have to assume external livery editor for offline use only for now...but I do understand why. Technical reasons, would put too much memory stress/strain.

If there was a reason why I've been going a bit too slow while playing (the original) pCARS...then maybe those high-res custom liveries that I make and/or use are to blame.

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 19:00
Going to have to assume external livery editor for offline use only for now...but I do understand why. Technical reasons, would put too much memory stress/strain.

If there was a reason why I've been going a bit too slow while playing (the original) pCARS...then maybe those high-res custom liveries that I make and/or use are to blame.

On PC it shouldn't be an issue. The lack of livery editor is mainly a constraint on the console side as I understand it. I could be wrong, but that's how I took that post.

And since their objective is to keep the core of the game the same across platforms, it makes sense not to spend time and effort developing something that is platform specific or platform exclusive.

EDIT: Before I get flamed, this is NOT a "Console bashing" post. It's simply a fact that consoles are a fixed platform and as a result have tighter limitations than PCs. There is a finite amount of resources available on consoles, whereas PCs tend to be more flexible. For example, on PC we have the ability to disable certain features in order to improve others. I can reduce my graphics quality in order to boost performance for other features. Those kinds of options are generally not available within games on consoles.

seb02
09-02-2017, 19:28
You both just said the same thing...... LOL

oups sorry. I hope there will be an offline custom championship.

Mahjik
09-02-2017, 19:33

It could be various reasons. Yes, larger textures will consume more resources. If you are also using some of the other community developed tools like the Custom Car Groups/Classes, that will have a bigger impact on performance.

On PC it shouldn't be an issue.

Resources are limited on a PC as well. In some respects, more limited since most gaming platforms are designed specifically for gaming (i.e. they don't usually have some of the bus traffic bottlenecks that PC do)...

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 19:53
It could be various reasons. Yes, larger textures will consume more resources. If you are also using some of the other community developed tools like the Custom Car Groups/Classes, that will have a bigger impact on performance.

Resources are limited on a PC as well. In some respects, more limited since most gaming platforms are designed specifically for gaming (i.e. they don't usually have some of the bus traffic bottlenecks that PC do)... True. It's just been my experience that these things are easier to implement on the PC side than on the Console side for games that run on both platforms due to the flexibility of the PC side usually having in game adjustments that are rare on the console side.

Mahjik
09-02-2017, 20:00
True. It's just been my experience that these things are easier to implement on the PC side than on the Console side for games that run on both platforms due to the flexibility of the PC side usually having in game adjustments that are rare on the console side.

This may have changed over the years as I haven't looked at or done game/graphics development in a long time... but there used to be a pretty big gap between the consoles and PC in regards to bus bandwidth. The older consoles were designed to not have the limitations PC's had since there was nothing they needed to be backwards compatible with...

rosko
09-02-2017, 20:26

could you race multi-class in pcars1 I assume you can, been that long since i played it?

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 20:30
could you race multi-class in pcars1 I assume you can, been that long since i played it?

That depends on what you mean by "could you".... LOL

It's not something that was inherently "built in", but it is possible. It has to be a controlled environment though (read league) and I don't think it was possible in single player without a 3rd party app. We are just into our second multi-class season in our league, but that is a place where we have rules in place outside of the confines of the game and they are strictly controlled and enforced.

As with all things... Where there's a will, there's a way ;)

rosko
09-02-2017, 20:44
That depends on what you mean by "could you".... LOL

It's not something that was inherently "built in", but it is possible. It has to be a controlled environment though (read league) and I don't think it was possible in single player without a 3rd party app. We are just into our second multi-class season in our league, but that is a place where we have rules in place outside of the confines of the game and they are strictly controlled and enforced.

As with all things... Where there's a will, there's a way ;)

So it seems that is a new feature then in 2?

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 20:46
So it seems that is a new feature then in 2?

If true mulit-class WEC/IMSA style SportsCar racing is in the game officially, then that would be a great big YES (not to mention a HUGE THUMBS UP!!!) :D

shiftee
09-02-2017, 21:02
The new HUD is pretty busy, I hope we can turn off the vehicle status info separately. I turn most everything off anyway, but I might want to keep the tire graphic up, but turn off the engine/brakes/etc - or is it all or nothing on that module?

A lot of info going on in the main circle HUD element too, I kind of wish the gear number was bigger (I don't really need the RPM's in there). The Gear# was one of the only things I look for, as my fanatec shifter had the annoying habit of sticking in N when manually shifting to another gear - losing valuable time and position before I could get out of the bug. I'm sure I will get used to the new layout, and SMS are great at giving a lot of options. Could always use a HUD scaling option though, and the chance to position at the very corners..

hkraft300
09-02-2017, 21:06
The new HUD is pretty busy, I hope we can turn off the vehicle status info separately. I turn most everything off anyway, but I might want to keep the tire graphic up, but turn off the engine/brakes/etc - or is it all or nothing on that module?

A lot of info going on in the main circle HUD element too, I kind of wish the gear number was bigger (I don't really need the RPM's in there). The Gear# was one of the only things I look for, as my fanatec shifter had the annoying habit of sticking in N when manually shifting to another gear - losing valuable time and position before I could get out of the bug. I'm sure I will get used to the new layout, and SMS are great at giving a lot of options. Could always use a HUD scaling option though, and the chance to position at the very corners..

Since 3rd party app support is carried over, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
If you don't like the HUD, turn it off and run pcars dash/vrhive/whatever dash app you fancy :)

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 21:07
And here I was thinking that I like the new HUD as it now gives me in game what I have been using multiple 3rd party apps for in the current game.

Gotta love differing opinions.... No wonder they have such a hard time making consumers happy. :D

@shiftee - I hope you understand I am not criticizing your opinion. Just using our 2 different opinions to point out the challenges SMS has to deal with. If opinions on a simple HUD are so different, imagine how it relates back to FFB and handling, etc......

ryandtw
09-02-2017, 21:48
As for multi-class racing...I would like to see a built-in custom grid for offline freemode racing. Could that be possible? Maybe set up a grid with specific multiple classes of your choice (e.g. real mix of LMP and GT, or mash-up formula and GT cars)?

Schadows
09-02-2017, 21:56
Dirt Rally actually has rally snow stages. pCARS2 has ice racing. However, I think you'll have a different opinion when you get to see it first hand. You've seen the texture detail in the past from SMS and it's no different here (added with the updated lighting engine).Yes, that's why I was so surprised. The ice part is neat, but the snow "banks" textures seemed low-res in all the videos i've seen unlike the rest of the game or unlike what SMS made me used to in pcars 1.
There is also the fact that bumping into thos "banks" don't have any effect. I wouldn't expect to see them deing "damaged" or change shape, but at least I would expect some sown being raised like in DiRT Rally, or more exactly like you can see from the vidéos of those who were at the event in sweden in the Mercs

rosko
09-02-2017, 22:21
Yeah they supposed to have deforming tracks would of been nice to be able to kick up snow like in the real videos, but most of the track in the game looks much more frozen & hard maybe that is the reason.

FS7
09-02-2017, 22:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMDeMzvr_U

rosko
09-02-2017, 22:53
So then still not really much said about physics beyond a new tire & ffb model. So i guess it will be as in the first.

Mahjik
09-02-2017, 22:57
So then still not really much said about physics beyond a new tire & ffb model. So i guess it will be as in the first.

As in the first?

Ian has already commented here on some of the physics updates, what specifically are you looking for?

RacingAtHome
09-02-2017, 23:24
As in the first?

Ian has already commented here on some of the physics updates, what specifically are you looking for?

And he said that the LiveTrack allows for the tyres to interact more correctly with the circuit.

cxMilk
09-02-2017, 23:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMDeMzvr_U
9:05 (https://youtu.be/2BMDeMzvr_U?t=545) - Did I just hear that right? Over 60 tracks? The track list posted on the site had space for 50 tracks. So we have 10+ more tracks to look forward to in addition to all the current mystery? Beautiful!

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 23:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMDeMzvr_U @ 5:34 - Did Andy just confirm rain potentially only on sections of track without actually confirming rain only on sections of the track? :D

RacingAtHome
09-02-2017, 23:30
Did Andy just confirm rain potentially only on sections of track without actually confirming rain only on sections of the track? :D

Yes. I remember seeing an interview with Viljoen about the same thing a while ago.

F1_Racer68
09-02-2017, 23:39
Yes. I remember seeing an interview with Viljoen about the same thing a while ago. I also remember reading that, but there has been no mention of it since, so I have been awaiting a confirmation that this made it in. I am now a happy boy :D

Realistic Dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, Dynamic track, AND the Ford GT GTE. Yup, heaven arrives September 2017 :D

RacingAtHome
09-02-2017, 23:53
I also remember reading that, but there has been no mention of it since, so I have been awaiting a confirmation that this made it in. I am now a happy boy :D

Realistic Dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, Dynamic track, AND the Ford GT GTE. Yup, heaven arrives September 2017 :D

*Septemberish

hkraft300
09-02-2017, 23:59
@ 5:34 - Did Andy just confirm rain potentially only on sections of track without actually confirming rain only on sections of the track? :D

Not sure.
He said track can be wet at parts and dry at parts.
Throw that in with drainage+elevation+dynamic dry line...

rosko
10-02-2017, 00:05
As in the first?

Same as in the first game.

I'm specifically looking if they made any changes in the way the suspension/weight transfer is modelled. Seems they have not touched this, i did not recall seeing changes mentioned here.

F1_Racer68
10-02-2017, 00:05
*Septemberish Oh come on..... it's called "Optimism" LOL

F1_Racer68
10-02-2017, 00:06
Not sure.
He said track can be wet at parts and dry at parts.
Throw that in with drainage+elevation+dynamic dry line... Yeah, that's the other way I was taking it. I hope it's a case of rain on one section of say Spa or Le Mans, and sun on the other end though.

Mahjik
10-02-2017, 00:27
I'm specifically looking if they made any changes in the way the suspension/weight transfer is modelled. Seems they have not touched this, i did not recall seeing changes mentioned here.

Might be because there were no issues with the way that was modeled to begin with?

Most people confuse "weight transfer" with FFB or tire behavior of the weight (i.e. it's usually not the actual weight transfer which is the issue). With respect to weight transfer, what are you expecting to be enhanced?

Bankai_Bullett
10-02-2017, 02:03
I imagine it'll be like it is in PCars1... Go into the HUD menu and hide/move about to your liking.

EHM
10-02-2017, 03:25
I saw that you can apparently watch the water flow dynamically and even block drainage areas to see it flood, we might see the dawn of very out of the box griefing.

Ian Bell
10-02-2017, 04:06
I saw that you can apparently watch the water flow dynamically and even block drainage areas to see it flood, we might see the dawn of very out of the box griefing.

Interesting....

theothermexico
10-02-2017, 04:32
Interesting....

If you're considering testing that on the testers we're going to need a video!

honespc
10-02-2017, 06:08
Interesting....Ferrari F40 Ian! Make it real!

and Ford GT40 if possible too as its direct contender.. :)

@ 5:34 - Did Andy just confirm rain potentially only on sections of track without actually confirming rain only on sections of the track? :Dyou mean localized weather?. Is that part of the tracklive thing too?

konnos
10-02-2017, 08:50
Yes they have said that. It might rain on one part of the track and sun or whatever on another. Right now it's universal weather, if it rains, it rains for everyone at the same time. So that will create some very interesting driving on longer tracks, like Nordschleife with it's infamous varied weather, and also on a track like Bathurst with big changes in elevation and potential climate conditions.

Really great guys, this is something....

P.S. Please update Bathurst to your new track standards Ian, ty ;)

Schadows
10-02-2017, 09:08
9:05 (https://youtu.be/2BMDeMzvr_U?t=545) - Did I just hear that right? Over 60 tracks? The track list posted on the site had space for 50 tracks. So we have 10+ more tracks to look forward to in addition to all the current mystery? Beautiful!Well, 60 tracks may be different from 60 locations.
Even in pcars 1, Willow Springs vs Horse Thief Mile, Dubai Autodrome vs Dubai kart track, Silverstone vs Stowe ... these are tracks that share the same location but not an inch of tarmac.

hkraft300
10-02-2017, 09:49
Ferrari F40 Ian! Make it real!

and Ford GT40 if possible too as its direct contender.. :)

How's a GT40 direct competitor to an F40?

Wolkenwolf
10-02-2017, 10:17
So, the first infos are looking really promising! I am hyped a little bit :D

Don't know if it has been already answered, 125 pages ...

Multiplayer: Will there be a join the race button at racestart ? So that there is no empty car on track ?
Track cutting punishment ? Drive through or the old system again ?
Pacecar ? *duck

Christiaan van Beilen
10-02-2017, 10:20
you mean localized weather?. Is that part of the tracklive thing too?

LiveTrack 3.0 is a fully dynamic live environment like the great outdoors you're used to since early childhood. Localized weather, dynamic surface materials including accurate flow/movement of these materials, working drainage and percipitation. All variables that are mainted live to make the track alive. ;)

Ian's team was the first with it in GTR2, which had LiveTrack 1.0, and this is just the third iteration of that. With enough of an improved to be worthy of a full increase of version number. It's a game changer.

Another game changer is the new differential system (something Ian just mentioned at GTP (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-34#post-11705805)). It really makes cars a lot more controllable. It was a well needed upgrade for proper drift control, and where it shines mostly is in the transition phases. So as a tyre starts to transition from grip into rip grip (grip loss) and back. In pCARS 1 it would feel more like an on/off switch and this caused hairy situations on exit, as everyone knows, but now it's smooth as butter.
This means it is not only easier to control drifts with a wheel but it's also easier to do with a controller, because since the transitions are not as abrupt you'll have more time to respond. Which is something desired as you can't feel the car the same way with controller rumble as with wheel force feedback. It doesn't mean you can't fumble it and cause tankslappers though, but you'll really feel like you've messed up and not the physics of the game. When you mess up you will realistically mess up.

FS7
10-02-2017, 10:55
9:05 (https://youtu.be/2BMDeMzvr_U?t=545) - Did I just hear that right? Over 60 tracks? The track list posted on the site had space for 50 tracks. So we have 10+ more tracks to look forward to in addition to all the current mystery? Beautiful!
60 track locations, not sure about the number of track layouts, all of them with dynamic weather & time change (SMS doesn't count wet & night versions of the same track as different layouts like some other game).

Schadows
10-02-2017, 11:43
60 track locations, not sure about the number of track layouts, all of them with dynamic weather & time change (SMS doesn't count wet & night versions of the same track as different layouts like some other game).It's impossible that the 60+ number includes layouts/variation (there would be 100+ just from the 50 locations x variations suggested on the website). Moreover, Ian already confirmed on GTP that this number doesn't includes layouts.

honespc
10-02-2017, 11:55
Ian's team was the first with it in GTR2, which had LiveTrack 1.0, and this is just the third iteration of that. With enough of an improved to be worthy of a full increase of version number. It's a game changer. Project Cars 1 has tracklive 2.0 then?

Another game changer is the new differential system (something Ian just mentioned at GTP (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-34#post-11705805)). It really makes cars a lot more controllable. It was a well needed upgrade for proper drift control, and where it shines mostly is in the transition phases. So as a tyre starts to transition from grip into rip grip (grip loss) and back. In pCARS 1 it would feel more like an on/off switch and this caused hairy situations on exit, as everyone knows, but now it's smooth as butter.
yeah the diff thing that will sure make the car oversteer more catchable got me excited. Not that I have trouble in project cars1 with road cars and some historic tourings to go drifting all over the place, specially with the RUF RT12 with street tyres and have so much fun out of this, but if this new system allows you to take double the control of your car as It is in real life, and not in assetto corsa, then double the excitement too, and also the pain for the waiting until fall or Christmas or so , of course..

The amazing number of tracks available plus the diff tweakings are, for now at least biggest selling points for pc2, imo of course. The next would be old ferraris like the F40. Now that would be a dream since these cars do suck in assetto corsa.

rosko
10-02-2017, 12:37
Might be because there were no issues with the way that was modeled to begin with?

Most people confuse "weight transfer" with FFB or tire behavior of the weight (i.e. it's usually not the actual weight transfer which is the issue). With respect to weight transfer, what are you expecting to be enhanced?

When i talk about weight transfer i'm talking about the balance of the car, so what happens to the car when i brake, accelerate & turn. So this all interlinked with suspension, tyres & FFB yes. When i play a game like AC i feel like i am balancing the car around the track & that the cars behaves naturally. For me that's why i felt more connected to the game. So yes maybe you are correct maybe it is fine & improvements to the tyres & ffb will resolve it but i'm pretty sure i read on here the dev admitting that although they had a more advanced tyre model the suspension engine in AC was superior. So this is the motivation for my enquiry.