PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2:What we are 99%-100% certain about.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Stewy32
12-12-2016, 06:25
Hi guys, these are what I believe are very likely in Project CARS 2:What do you think?
Cars
Ginetta
Pagani
Audi
Corvette
Tracks
Spa

I will explain why another time as I really need to get to work.

Diamond_Eyes
12-12-2016, 08:51
https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-will-have-dedicated-esports-features-from-day-one/

also google "project cars 2 leaks"

Foofer37
19-12-2016, 17:20
We are 100% certain that PCars 2 is a game. And it's about cars.

Foofer37
19-12-2016, 17:24
Actually, what I'm most interested to know is, and perhaps the devs can shed some light.... What kind of physics model are we to expect? A PCars handling model? Something more like Assetto Corsa? I'm curious. I understand that PCars 2 is being built from the ground up, so to me this is because it will incorporate a totally new physics model. What can be said about this? We are all ears.....:)

DreamsKnight
19-12-2016, 17:47
Actually, what I'm most interested to know is, and perhaps the devs can shed some light.... What kind of physics model are we to expect? A PCars handling model? Something more like Assetto Corsa? I'm curious. I understand that PCars 2 is being built from the ground up, so to me this is because it will incorporate a totally new physics model. What can be said about this? We are all ears.....:)

o my god, i hope not. that (un)handling model could be good for ice and snow, not for track.

Riccardo De Rosa
19-12-2016, 18:36
o my god, i hope not. that (un)handling model could be good for ice and snow, not for track.

+1 agree

Foofer37
19-12-2016, 18:55
+1 agree

Thanks for answering the question. Oh wait, you didn't.

hkraft300
19-12-2016, 19:20
Actually, what I'm most interested to know is, and perhaps the devs can shed some light.... What kind of physics model are we to expect?

That will make 2 bits of F* all difference to us players. As long as looks and feels legit.
If the damage looks nice, the ffb feels good, the car behaviour looks about right, we won't be any wiser as to how the "physics" is working in the nitty gritty.
Notice that the points I've made are all subjective evaluation, because 99.9% of us lack the technical capacity.
How Pcars or AC goes about their "physics" is of no consequence to us really, as long as Newtonian laws of motion are maintained and some basic fluid dynamics for aero.
But if by "physics" model you mean tyres: are you looking for accuracy of behaviour or ffb feel?
Not to shoot you down mate but your questions are vague and/or irrelevant about the subjects you're discussing.
I personally hope SMS stick to their ethos of purity in the player-car interface: like no fake ffb for example. A more realistic tyre model, more dynamic weather and ToD effect on the track...

TexasTyme214
19-12-2016, 20:11
I thought it was previously stated that Pcars 2 will have a new game engine, but the physics model will be upgraded, not brand new. I'd expect a further refined version of what we already have along with the loose surface bits for rally.

BullWinkle
19-12-2016, 23:53
What we are 99% certain about.? That we'll all probably purchase it.:)

Rambo_Commando
20-12-2016, 01:43
I'm 99% certain that Pcars2 will own the consoles and perhaps PC in 2017. What will the competition look like next year...F1 2017, a 2017 NASCAR game, another NFS game around the same time as the new Fast and Furious movie, GT Sport and a couple more forza games...I think Pcars2 has it pretty much in the bag.

Does anyone know of anymore racing titles in 2017?

Shogun613
20-12-2016, 03:46
I personally hope SMS stick to their ethos of purity in the player-car interface: like no fake ffb for example. A more realistic tyre model, more dynamic weather and ToD effect on the track...
I agree completely. While I wasn't a fan of the complexity of the ffb setup in the beginning, I have come to appreciate that I have so many variables available to try and squeeze as much dynamic feedback as I can within the force range of my G29. Every wheel is different, and I feel they went the correct route as far as that is concerned. Maybe a better way to explain the values would help dissuade more people from giving up or dismissing the sim as "trash" because they didn't have the patience to get it right.

hkraft300
20-12-2016, 06:32
Either an explanation or output graphs, perhaps?
For example in the sensitivity settings page, it'd be nice to see which "mode" and sensitivity value gives the most linear response.
I'm not sure if that's possible in the ffb settings (every wheel is different) but better/more specific explanation would be welcome. However, there's also the caveat of those misunderstanding whatever given explanation and ruining their ffb setup: leave it to the experts :) (btw I think I'm using your globals for the G29, Shogun).

...I think Pcars2 has it pretty much in the bag.

Agreed. In terms of features PC is miles ahead of AC and Forza. Pcars2 looks to move the goal posts again.

I don't understand the hostile responses

Not being hostile. I'm asking you to be more specific with your question of "what kind of physics" (there's really only one kind).

Konan
20-12-2016, 07:50
What we are 99% certain about.? That we'll all probably purchase it.:)

Probably :confused:

Sankyo
20-12-2016, 07:58
Actually, what I'm most interested to know is, and perhaps the devs can shed some light.... What kind of physics model are we to expect? A PCars handling model? Something more like Assetto Corsa?
Could you clarify what exactly you mean with "physics model" and "handling model"? Do you just mean "tyre model"? And are you referring to purely the model, or also FFB (as people have demonstrably shown in the past to regularly mix up those two)?

I understand that PCars 2 is being built from the ground up, so to me this is because it will incorporate a totally new physics model. What can be said about this? We are all ears.....:)
I cannot recall any remark from SMS about pC2 being built from the ground up? I vaguely remember something about the renderer part of the game being re-built (though not sure whether from scratch), but the physics/tyre model part is expanding on what's already there in pC1 (as sequels usually do). The improvements could very well mean that it feels quite different than pC1 in some aspects, though not necessarily similar to AC (since opinions on whether AC is/feels better differ considerably, and besides that we're pursuing reality, not feeling the same as game Y).

OddTimer
20-12-2016, 10:35
Is Pcars2 a 2017 release? or is it a case of: it is ready when it is ready which could mean we will only play it in 2018?

Konan
20-12-2016, 10:39
Is Pcars2 a 2017 release? or is it a case of: it is ready when it is ready which could mean we will only play it in 2018?

Both actually...it's predicted for release at the end of 2017 but if it isn't ready (read:up to SMS standards) it won't be released at that time...

hkraft300
20-12-2016, 11:10
I'm 99% sure I'll buy the PS4 version of PC2.
If not, it'll be the pc version xD

Sankyo
20-12-2016, 11:31
I'm 99% sure I'll buy the PS4 version of PC2.
If not, it'll be the pc version xD
So 99% sure about the PS4 version and 100% sure about the PC version if not the PS4 version, meaning you're 199% sure you'll buy a copy of pC2 one way or another :p

Konan
20-12-2016, 11:34
So you're 199% sure you'll buy a copy of pC2 one way or another :p

...aren't we all? :cool:

Grijo
20-12-2016, 11:42
...aren't we all? :cool:

Not me. Im only 100% sure that I will buy a PS4 copy, not for PC:p

But Im 200% sure that I will eat some coleslaw in my lunch today ;)

Konan
20-12-2016, 11:46
Not me. Im only 100% sure that I will buy a PS4 copy, not for PC:p

But Im 200% sure that I will eat some coleslaw in my lunch today ;)

1: for sure!

2:i hope there's a steak that comes with that...:rolleyes:

Grijo
20-12-2016, 11:58
1: for sure!

2:i hope there's a steak that comes with that...:rolleyes:

I was lying. I will eat a typical brazilian food today: rice, beans and a salty chicken cake that we call "empado" but I dont know how do other countries name that food. The coleslaw I ordered for Cluck :p

OddTimer
20-12-2016, 11:59
Good stuff, thanks!

BullWinkle
20-12-2016, 12:13
Probably :confused:

Well, there's the 1% chance I could be run over by Santa's reindeer while I'm shoveling snow off the roof.:very_drunk:

FS7
20-12-2016, 12:26
Maybe a better way to explain the values would help dissuade more people from giving up or dismissing the sim as "trash" because they didn't have the patience to get it right.
Agreed.
Lack of explanation of options was one of the flaws of PCars1. I really hope for PCars2 there will be a brief explanation in-game of every option. I play with controller, it's great that there's several options but some people feel lost as to which option needs to be adjusted to fit their preferences, not everybody has time or patience to search the internet for explanations of options that should be in-game. Same goes for graphical options, there should be a brief explanation of each option in-game.

Foofer37
20-12-2016, 15:36
What I'm getting at is: Racing simulators are software. Calculations/variables are made as you drive your car along a track. Based on fixed data as you drive your car, calculations are made to decide how your car will react to your input over against the fixed rules that are programmed in ahead of time. These fixed rules in comparison to how you are driving your car, the reaction is the physics model. This is what I am after. Every company out there seems to have a different result. ie Gran Turismo has a certain feel to it. Assetto Corsa has it's own feel to it. iRacing etc. Many people prefer one over another. Some rave about the realism of PCars, some rave over Assetto or whatever. I'm simply asking if this is being changed in PCars 2. If they are changing this part of the game. Is it a completely new engine? What will it be like? What are the devs going for? I'm curious. That's why I asked in my OP if the devs would be so kind to shed some light on this. As far as where I heard that PCars 2 is new from the ground up, I'm pretty sure I read this in an interview with Ian himself. Can't remember for sure, sorry.

Mahjik
20-12-2016, 19:24
I'm simply asking if this is being changed in PCars 2. If they are changing this part of the game. Is it a completely new engine? What will it be like? What are the devs going for? I'm curious. That's why I asked in my OP if the devs would be so kind to shed some light on this. As far as where I heard that PCars 2 is new from the ground up, I'm pretty sure I read this in an interview with Ian himself. Can't remember for sure, sorry.

Remco pretty much covered it. SMS will be expanding their vision of the franchise. Some of that may require re-writing sub areas of the sim, some of it may just be enhancing what is already there. They won't be starting from scratch if that's what you are wondering. We'd be waiting another 2-3 more years if that were the case. ;)

Foofer37
20-12-2016, 19:57
Remco pretty much covered it. SMS will be expanding their vision of the franchise. Some of that may require re-writing sub areas of the sim, some of it may just be enhancing what is already there. They won't be starting from scratch if that's what you are wondering. We'd be waiting another 2-3 more years if that were the case. ;)

Hmm, so it'll include Rally Car, maybe some more cars. Stuff like that, but will basically be the same. No difference in the handling/driving aspect? What else is in the broadened scope that you refer to?

Sankyo
20-12-2016, 21:16
No difference in the handling/driving aspect?
Actually a substantial difference, but we're not allowed to say anything about it...

Foofer37
20-12-2016, 21:33
Actually a substantial difference, but we're not allowed to say anything about it...

Ok, well, thanks for answering my question. :) Sort of. We'll just have to wait then. Thank you for the reply.

hkraft300
20-12-2016, 22:12

Like patch 6 tyres? :D

Roger Prynne
20-12-2016, 23:49
^ Don't start.... :friendly_wink:

Ulti
21-12-2016, 00:02
Well damn. I was also 99% sure Hillary would've won that election, but that didnt really work out.

Roger Prynne
21-12-2016, 00:12
I'm 99% sure I cant tell you anything :apologetic:

BullWinkle
21-12-2016, 00:22
I'm sure Ian was hoping for 100%.:o

hkraft300
21-12-2016, 00:41
Thread derailed to shit.
Moderators contributing to said derailment.
Love it ;)

Ryzza5
21-12-2016, 01:37
It's hard to know/remember what is already known outside the WMD2 forums, so just safer to pretend the answer is nothing. Some things that are 'known' on WMD aren't necessarily 'certain' yet in any case, as was the case with pC1.
We know there are more cars and tracks, a few more well-known handling consultants. Certain tech/simulation that stood pC1 out from the crowd is being enhanced which is one thing I'm keenly following. As more things are optimised then there is more performance available for other aspects. We know a QA company will be involved this time around rather than relying so much on WMD volunteers.

Konan
21-12-2016, 01:45
Moderators contributing to said derailment.

Impossible not to derail this thread...since there is really nothing we officially know about Pcars2 (well...maybe 1%) lol

Azure Flare
21-12-2016, 02:22
I'm 99% sure I cant tell you anything :apologetic:

You can tell me. ;)

Foofer37
21-12-2016, 02:30
It's hard to know/remember what is already known outside the WMD2 forums, so just safer to pretend the answer is nothing. Some things that are 'known' on WMD aren't necessarily 'certain' yet in any case, as was the case with pC1.
We know there are more cars and tracks, a few more well-known handling consultants. Certain tech/simulation that stood pC1 out from the crowd is being enhanced which is one thing I'm keenly following. As more things are optimised then there is more performance available for other aspects. We know a QA company will be involved this time around rather than relying so much on WMD volunteers.

Well, now this is more of what I was looking for, so thanks for sharing. Exciting stuff. Awesome.

hkraft300
21-12-2016, 06:29
Impossible not to derail this thread...since there is really nothing we officially know about Pcars2 (well...maybe 1%) lol

Not a bad thing. Bit of light banter amongst the prodding. Why not!

Sankyo
21-12-2016, 10:12
Like patch 6 tyres? :D
Better. Much better.
But don't take my word for it, just wait and see. No. Feel.
:)

SlowBloke
21-12-2016, 14:48
I wonder if those with the influence can coax the Wookie out of his hiding spot for a Christmas thread again but focused on Project Cars 2.

So loved the one last year before the temper tantrums spoiled it all !

FS7
21-12-2016, 14:57
I wonder if those with the influence can coax the Wookie out of his hiding spot for a Christmas thread again but focused on Project Cars 2.
Maybe he could post a Christmas pic, like a rally car from PCars2 with a Christmas livery driving in the snow :)

Grijo
21-12-2016, 15:02
Maybe he could post a Christmas pic, like a rally car from PCars2 with a Christmas livery driving in the snow :)

cluck
21-12-2016, 15:22
236540Fake! Waaaaaaaaaay too much hair to be Ian :)

(grabs coat and runs like f***)

Konan
21-12-2016, 15:28
Fake! Waaaaaaaaaay too much hair to be Ian :)

...ehm...too MUCH??? :cool:

Grijo
21-12-2016, 15:38
Fake! Waaaaaaaaaay too much hair to be Ian :)

How dare you to call my photo, fake? Ian got old and his hair grew...:p

Ok, Ill get my coat too

Shogun613
21-12-2016, 18:20
Better. Much better.
But don't take my word for it, just wait and see. No. Feel.
:)
I like the sound of that...

rosko
21-12-2016, 21:22
Tbh i used to be really excited about pcars 2 but I've just grown to prefer other sims. Im sure i will buy it but unless it feels significantly more realistic I doubt i will play it much.

Konan
21-12-2016, 22:16
Tbh i used to be really excited about pcars 2 but I've just grown to prefer other sims. Im sure i will buy it but unless it feels significantly more realistic I doubt i will play it much.

Blasphemy!
Go wash your mouth out with soap!
LOL

Ian Bell
22-12-2016, 00:43

So loved the one last year before the temper tantrums spoiled it all !

Someone called? :)

We have rewritten the rendering system. We have added multiple newly written and very important modules to the physics, drivetrain, differential and tyre modelling systems. The FFB system is now much more intuitive and comes with presets. The handling is transformed, in a very very good way. I'm biased I know but right now in the latest build I have, those cars that have all of the new systems in place have raised the bar for simulation... and this is before they are polished. But I can't say anything specific as we'll start the hype train soon :)

Ian Bell
22-12-2016, 00:47
OK it's Christmas. None of the famous brands are missing this time.

We've started QA already. We plan at least 7 months of QA for polishing and bug fixing.

BullWinkle
22-12-2016, 01:02

We have rewritten the rendering system. We have added multiple newly written and very important modules to the physics, drivetrain, differential and tyre modelling systems. The FFB system is now much more intuitive and comes with presets. The handling is transformed, in a very very good way. I'm biased I know but right now in the latest build I have, those cars that have all of the new systems in place have raised the bar for simulation... and this is before they are polished. But I can't say anything specific as we'll start the hype train soon :)

Sounds very promising, looking forward to it very much. Happy Holidays Ian.:)

Shogun613
22-12-2016, 03:46

We've started QA already. We plan at least 7 months of QA for polishing and bug fixing.

You have no idea how giddy I am hearing these new developments. I implore you to take my money now, good sir...

Alan Dallas
22-12-2016, 04:22
/me puts SMS payment on Steam Wallet

What? Gotta buy something with it, might as well be pCARS 2. :D

LukeC
22-12-2016, 04:55

This is all excellent news, Ian. Especially about the rewritten physics and tyre modelling. I knew that this was all necessary for the loose stuff anyway, and I'm just glad that you've recognised this fact as well. It makes me very optimistic about Pcars 2, that's for sure.

SlowBloke
22-12-2016, 05:39
Woohoo! Thank you so much for a little peek :):):)

Cannot wait for release and of course to see the hype choo choo leave the station soon!

Konan
22-12-2016, 06:10
...in your face Roger!...LOL
Very nice of you Ian giving a heads up before the holidays :cool: this will make Christmas a lot more peaceful (if only on here)
Have a merry one...;)

FS7
22-12-2016, 10:24
None of the famous brands are missing this time.
That sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing which cars & tracks are available in PCars2.

cluck
22-12-2016, 11:01
That sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing which cars & tracks are available in PCars2.As one of the SMS guys is fond of saying in Steam chat .... "you will cry", usually meaning 'tears of joy' ;)

Grijo
22-12-2016, 11:24

FS7
22-12-2016, 12:07
As one of the SMS guys is fond of saying in Steam chat .... "you will cry", usually meaning 'tears of joy' ;)
Project Cries???

Grijo
22-12-2016, 12:15
Project Cries???

I think its time to get your coat :p

poirqc
22-12-2016, 14:05

Nice! No new guide needed! Awesome! :D

It's really cool to see QA is also strated! Thanks a bunch for the insight.

Mahjik
22-12-2016, 14:07
This is all excellent news, Ian. Especially about the rewritten physics and tyre modelling. I knew that this was all necessary for the loose stuff anyway, and I'm just glad that you've recognised this fact as well. It makes me very optimistic about Pcars 2, that's for sure.

To be clear, Ian didn't say rewritten physics. He said newly written modules (i.e. additions/enhancements to the existing physics/tire model). He did say rewritten rendering system.

DreamsKnight
22-12-2016, 15:13
To be clear, Ian didn't say rewritten physics. He said newly written modules (i.e. additions/enhancements to the existing physics/tire model). He did say rewritten rendering system.

sorry guys, what is intended for "rendering"? It means the graphic side or are there other things under the name of "rendering"? sorry

Invincible
22-12-2016, 15:21
sorry guys, what is intended for "rendering"? It means the graphic side or are there other things under the name of "rendering"? sorry

Yes, he was talking about graphics rendering.

brownninja97
22-12-2016, 16:16
Very glad about the QA thing being a company instead of random people which may not be as harsh as a professional tester. Ive been out of the sim scene for several months and this thread managed to answer nearly every question I have. Only thing I still want is a better system for adding custom skins maybe like AC where you just throw a dds at a folder and its ready to go, afaik i could only get a single custom skin to work in pcars. To anyone that knows am I right in expecting pcars 2 to arrive next year?

Well either way got a lot to look forward to next year especially as a Porsche fanboy

SlowBloke
22-12-2016, 16:26
Hope the new graphics rendering gives us more eye candy in VR :)

Konan
22-12-2016, 16:27
Hope the new graphics rendering gives us more eye candy in VR :)

As fezz would say:"hmmm candy"...:cool:

Mahjik
22-12-2016, 16:30
afaik i could only get a single custom skin to work in pcars.

If you are a PC user, there is a mod which enhances this functionality:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44730-Custom-Liveries-Tool-Livery-Manager-and-Livery-Package-Export

chris99
22-12-2016, 17:04
Yeh! Looking forward to the Trabbys ;)

LukeC
22-12-2016, 22:03

He did say ha the handling is transformed in a very, very good way. He used very twice. And at the end of the day that's all we care about, isn't it. And whether it's achieved with a rewrite or with an addition that modifies what was previously there is irrelevant.

Mahjik
22-12-2016, 22:55
He did say ha the handling is transformed in a very, very good way. He used very twice. And at the end of the day that's all we care about, isn't it. And whether it's achieved with a rewrite or with an addition that modifies what was previously there is irrelevant.

I'm ensuring misinformation isn't spread, so I'm correcting what was misread.

hkraft300
22-12-2016, 22:55

Like I said earlier, the nuts and bolts of it are irrelevant.
Either way I'm so keen!
Will be hunting the internet for news of pre-orders.

brownninja97
22-12-2016, 23:11
If you are a PC user, there is a mod which enhances this functionality:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44730-Custom-Liveries-Tool-Livery-Manager-and-Livery-Package-Export

awesome, didnt know about that. guess ill be up for many hours downloading several hundred skins :D

RacingAtHome
23-12-2016, 02:01
Out of curiosity, will we be able to choose the classes we want before a quick race? I assume this will be the case and it seems realistic.

Sloskimo
23-12-2016, 11:28
OK it's Christmas. None of the famous brands are missing this time

Well, it's about time we finally get the big 3: Simca, Ssangyong and Yugo, thanks for confirming that Ian.

Grijo
23-12-2016, 11:46
Well, it's about time we finally get the big 3: Simca, Ssangyong and Yugo, thanks for confirming that Ian.

Volgas and Ladas are confirmed too, of course, pre 80s models :p

FS7
23-12-2016, 11:58
Look at the banked section, ovals confirmed :P

Grijo
23-12-2016, 12:07
Look at the banked section, ovals confirmed :P

I didnt had noticed this, thanks man!!! :p

poirqc
23-12-2016, 12:35
Volgas and Ladas are confirmed too, of course, pre 80s models :p

Id actually want to drive and race the black one i think. Those can produce intense racing on a small circuit! :D

Grijo
23-12-2016, 12:46
Id actually want to drive and race the black one i think. Those can produce intense racing on a small circuit! :D

You want something intense? Ill give you that: Trabant 601 x FSM Syrena in Ruapuna Park GP, that would be awesome! :p

Konan
23-12-2016, 12:48
What do you guys have with two stroke engines :confused:

Stewy32
23-12-2016, 12:56
By big names he might not mean cars.So does that mean Blyton Park? And a community event in karts around the Nordshleife(would love that)

Konan
23-12-2016, 13:01
By big names he might not mean cars.So does that mean Blyton Park? And a community event in karts around the Nordshleife(would love that)

Hmmm...more things to reflect upon...the plot thickens...:cool:
Oh MAN! back to square one because that means a lot has been said but we actually know nothing more...
Thanks for raining on my parade mate...LOL

Sloskimo
23-12-2016, 13:04

Yeah, maybe we are taking it too literally and are not seeing it in a grander scheme, Stevie Wonder as graphics consultant... confirmed.

FS7
23-12-2016, 13:43
Well, he said "famous brands" which could mean Brands Hatch is confirmed for PCars2.

Konan
23-12-2016, 13:45
Shouldn't we change the title to "Pcars2 speculation thread"? :rolleyes:

Grijo
23-12-2016, 13:46

Hmmmm, big names...Yes, thats it, Messerschmitt kr200

Konan
23-12-2016, 13:49
Hmmmm, big names...Yes, thats it, Messerschmitt kr200

Urkle would be really pleased with that...:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREiBdH8_z4

Correction...that was a BMW...:mad:

Grijo
23-12-2016, 13:52
Well, he said "famous brands" which could mean Brands Hatch is confirmed for PCars2.

Man, Im at work right now, dont make me laugh that way :D (dont ask why Im at work and writing in the forum while Im working :p)

Shouldn't we change the title to "Pcars2 speculation thread"? :rolleyes:

This is not especulation, Im 99% sure that those cars will be in Pcars 2 :p

Grijo
23-12-2016, 13:54
Urkle would be really pleased with that...:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREiBdH8_z4

Im not able to see videos at my work computer...whos Urkle?

Konan
23-12-2016, 13:56
Steven Urkle...Family Matters ...an American sitcom...
Doesn't matter though...wrong car

Grijo
23-12-2016, 14:00
Steven Urkle...Family Matters ...an American sitcom...
Doesn't matter though...wrong car

This...

If the answer is "yes", its a BMW Isetta and, yes, will be in Pcars 2 also :p

Roger Prynne
23-12-2016, 14:02
Man, Im at work right now, dont make me laugh that way :D (dont ask why Im at work and writing in the forum while Im working :p)

Why are you at work and writing in the forum while your working? :friendly_wink:

Konan
23-12-2016, 14:07
Why are you at work and writing in the forum while your working? :friendly_wink:

Triple lol...(or is that treble in English?)

Grijo
23-12-2016, 14:08

Sorry boss, please dont fire me :hopelessness:, Im login out :shame:

Konan
23-12-2016, 14:11
Sorry boss, please dont fire me :hopelessness:, Im login out :shame:

Man i'd hate to have Roger as a boss...with all the teasing and whatnot...i don't think i could ever get any work done...(hmmm...actually that's already the case lol)

Roger Prynne
23-12-2016, 14:12
I just rang your boss, and he said that you can spend as much time as you like on the forum..... as long as you let him have a go on your pCARS game and give him a big hug :encouragement:

Grijo
23-12-2016, 14:15
I just rang your boss, and he said that you can spend as much time as you like on the forum..... as long as you let him have a go on your pCARS game and give him a big hug :encouragement:

Not my Pcars :sorrow:... Can it be 2 big hugs? :cheerful:

Konan
23-12-2016, 14:32
No negotiations...all decisions are final...:cool:

poirqc
23-12-2016, 22:20
You want something intense? Ill give you that: Trabant 601 x FSM Syrena in Ruapuna Park GP, that would be awesome! :p

Do we find those cars in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ipFApsFec&t=405s

Konan
24-12-2016, 00:45
I loved to see those races back in the day :cool:
Those are DAF's though...a Dutch brand...
Apparently they drove as fast backwards as they did forward...:cool:

Konan
24-12-2016, 00:49

BullWinkle
24-12-2016, 00:54
LOL, funny stuff poirqc .:D
Those guys certainly have big balls.:o

Stewy32
24-12-2016, 09:17
This isn't a speculation thread, it is SMS Best post of the year nomination thread.The way you guys you should set up your own racing game with all these cars (cheap licences)

Sankyo
24-12-2016, 09:48
Remco's Law confirmed once more just before the end of the year, thanks guys :)

gotdirt410sprintcar
24-12-2016, 10:50
I was thinking we should put in the game banger cars. Now those guys a really crazy lol. I watched a video a while ago and this wagon looked like that little car poirq shared lol surprised the guy lived like ten cars pilled in too him at full speed lol Crazy.

Are derbys here in the states are pretty crazy too but that banger class might top it. But we do have some outlaw end of the year Derby, we built two 74 olds pulled the bodys off and boxed the frame with 2 inch diamond plate the hole frame . Those cars are still around still straight and they finished first and second run three Derbys with them just need new bodys and there ready again lol

Grijo
24-12-2016, 12:42
Do we find those cars in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ipFApsFec&t=405s

LOL, excellent stuff @poirqc! Public lobbys racers?:p

FS7
24-12-2016, 12:53
Anybody know if we'll be able to drive the snowmobile on Christmas day in PCars2?

poirqc
24-12-2016, 13:40
LOL, excellent stuff @poirqc! Public lobbys racers?:p

Well, i wouldn't say regular public lobbies. More like Amik's public lobbies! :D

Konan
24-12-2016, 18:15
Well, i wouldn't say regular public lobbies. More like Amik's public lobbies! :D

OMG! Long time since i heard that name coming up...let's not make it a habit...LOL

LogRoad
24-12-2016, 19:31
As the thread descends through the dark underside of car requests what comes next according to Remco's Law? Is gotdirt's post a sign of things to come? Demo Derby in pCARS2 - I can just see it now. With a lot of old GRID fans going nuts.

poirqc
24-12-2016, 20:50
OMG! Long time since i heard that name coming up...let's not make it a habit...LOL

As much i as hated the guy on most occasions, he almost seemed likable sometimes! :D

Merry Xmas everyone!

Konan
24-12-2016, 20:52
As much i as hated the guy on most occasions, he almost seemed likable sometimes! :D

Merry Xmas everyone!

Huh?

BullWinkle
24-12-2016, 21:42
Huh?

Xmas...when we give/open presents, wait for Santa and drink eggnog and rum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas
:o

Konan
24-12-2016, 22:18
I got the rum part covered hehehe :cool:

gotdirt410sprintcar
25-12-2016, 02:12
OMG AMIK Yeah I better delete that post then LMAO . Just remembered that guy WOW !!!

Konan
25-12-2016, 08:46

Christmas is a time for forgiving but hey...let's not get carried away now...:cool:

wicken
25-12-2016, 12:02
I see what you did there :o
https://mobile.twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/812998784741478400

Grijo
25-12-2016, 14:24

Amik???

Grijo
25-12-2016, 14:37
Huh?

When I saw what you wrote, the first thing that came into my mind was this...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KNJ1B_2b17s/maxresdefault.jpg

Mr Schumacher
26-12-2016, 05:56

OMG.. I'm going to pre-order my two 1080ti's and my XB1 SCORPIO ASAP... I can not wait.. Sounds like we will be able to create IMSA TUDOR CHAMPIONSHIPS and BLANCPAIN.. Can't wait.. #GTLM4LIFE

Pisshead30
26-12-2016, 15:06

awesome

Ian Bell
29-12-2016, 00:10

To further clarify, the drivetrain and diff work is all new. We've added three very important new additions to the tyre modelling. The handling really is transformed (yes I'm biased, it's epic!) :) The improvement in FFB that has fallen out of this is wonderful also.

rosko
29-12-2016, 00:37
Really looking forward to trying it.

F1_Racer68
29-12-2016, 18:00
Ian,

It sounds like we are getting pretty close now (7 months of QA would mean potentially a late July/early August possible release? Still inline wiht your original target.).

When can we expect to hear about pre-order details. I am already throwing my money against my PC screen in hopes you will receive it :D

Cholton82
29-12-2016, 21:57
So should I go and buy a psvr for my PS4 for PCars 2 ?

konnos
30-12-2016, 07:33
not unless you have a PS4 pro.

Silraed
30-12-2016, 13:00
And even then it is questionable.

Kennytomson
30-12-2016, 14:10
have any of the above been confirmed yet for pcars 2? was disappointed when ovals / IMS never made it as planned for pcars, really hoping this has been sorted out for the sequel. thanks sms for all that you do.

curious consumer,
will buy the game regardless.

Konan
30-12-2016, 14:46
have any of the above been confirmed yet for pcars 2? was disappointed when ovals / IMS never made it as planned for pcars, really hoping this has been sorted out for the sequel. thanks sms for all that you do.

curious consumer,
will buy the game regardless.

Nothing official as of yet...but news on Pcars2 content can't be far away now...:cool:

gotdirt410sprintcar
30-12-2016, 16:28
Ian bell gave us a hint on ovals they reworked the tire model etc!! They could never really do that in this game I think it was how the tire and suspension parts was coded they really couldn't do it.

So I say yes too ovals. I just hope they get the bugs out release a beta so everyone can test the game would be smart. I don't want to have a point you go to a dirt track then back to pavment and it still feels like dirt etc. Take the time to get right the first time look at GT end of 2017 that's important too me anyway.

Ian Bell
31-12-2016, 00:16
Ian,

It sounds like we are getting pretty close now (7 months of QA would mean potentially a late July/early August possible release? Still inline wiht your original target.).

When can we expect to hear about pre-order details. I am already throwing my money against my PC screen in hopes you will receive it :D

It's still a very tight run as we're a bit behind on GUI and Career so nothing is set in stone yet. Current guess is Septemberish.

hkraft300
31-12-2016, 03:28
Take my money!!!

Konan
31-12-2016, 06:18
Take my money!!!

Ok...comes in handy since it's been an expensive few weeks...lol

Cholton82
31-12-2016, 07:23
I imagine after the fall out last time from the release dates changing you are reluctant to commit to a date until you are positive it can be met , I don't blame you . We all look forward to the next instalment immensely but I'm still getting plenty out of Pcars .
Can I ask if the flag system has been overhauled as that's one thing I miss ?one thing Codies have done well is a decent job with F1 2016 flags and safety car and virtual safety car .

Konan
31-12-2016, 07:34
...or it's too early in the process to announce an official launch date...:cool:
Aaah...i remember the days that i was nagging about the flag system...lol
There wasn't much that could have been done back then without risking to introduce major issues to the game but i imagine since there was a lot of demand for it that SMS surely took that in account for the sequel...

Pcars Driver 44
31-12-2016, 08:25
Got to agree with Cholton82 I'm still getting enormous fun out of Pcars 1 and loving it! So I'm 99% Sure Pcars 2 is going to be fantastic! Same here you can have my money now :cool:. Also nice to see Ian contributing and give a good open and honest opinion. Happy new year to you all :D

Dresden
31-12-2016, 10:06
Thanks for the update, Ian. I logged on hoping for an end of the year teaser and you have delivered!

That is a huge effort if SMS can produce another stellar game by around September. Of course patches will make it even better (as all game companions do these days) over time. However, I am still struggling to get all cars and tracks raced on PCars 1 by the end of 2017- so I am pleasantly worried to know that I only have 9 months until the release, not 12. Lol.

Bring on PCars 2!!

SlowBloke
31-12-2016, 13:24
Sounded more like a best effort guestimate to me based on current knowledge.

Would be ace but in my mind Im hoping end 2017 and anything earlier is a bonus.

FS7
31-12-2016, 14:45
I know it's early to confirm a game release date but I'm curious as to when we'll see gameplay videos of PCars2.

Diamond_Eyes
31-12-2016, 15:39
<snip> Current guess is Septemberish.

Thanks so much for this hint. Can now plan our summer hols accordingly!

HNY 2017 to you and all at SMS, should be a good one.....

Tr3oX
01-01-2017, 18:45
Just do a proper VR this time and not a CGI advertisement and maybe I won't pirate this and actually give you my money. I'm so god damn disappointed of the VR in pCars.

rosko
01-01-2017, 19:43
Just do a proper VR this time and not a CGI advertisement and maybe I won't pirate this and actually give you my money. I'm so god damn disappointed of the VR in pCars.

Oh right i see, not a CGI advertisement this time round SMS I hope you got that or else this guy will steal the game.

Tank621
01-01-2017, 20:33

Things you probably shouldn't admit in a thread read by the SMS CEO with some regularity

Bealdor
01-01-2017, 22:07

Bye.

DreamsKnight
01-01-2017, 23:34
uhh, when mothers don't do a proper brain but just a vr one.

TopAirspace
02-01-2017, 04:37
Mr Ian Sir,
Please include keyboard support again for consoles along with the Ctrl+K Free Camera! Like seriously please!!

hkraft300
02-01-2017, 05:34

Has the $ for a fat PC and VR headset.
Can't buy pcars. :applause:

dominiczeth
02-01-2017, 09:48
I wont buy pcars 2.... I've already bought it! ;)

What i most like in pcars 2 is... Well really much but can't tell you. :D

Schadows
02-01-2017, 10:11
To be honest, (at my level) I was already satisfied with pcars1 core experience (physics, cars & track modelization, etc.). So I'm definitely not worried about that for the sequel.
I'm eagerly waiting for more news about improvement into existing and new game modes.

I wonder if we will see some features listed in the early project overview documents that couldn't make the cut.

Goncalo Vieira
02-01-2017, 14:00
At this time, the only regret i have is not being part of the PC2 group. Still i'm a complete fan of PCars and i'm 99% sure it will blast.
Continue the good work!

Shogun613
02-01-2017, 14:54
It's early January (happy New Year, everyone),
It's cold outside, and I've been standing on this platform waiting patiently for quite a while...

Does anyone know when the hype train arrives?😉

Konan
02-01-2017, 14:56
It's cold outside, and I've been standing on this platform waiting patiently for quite a while...

Does anyone know when the hype train arrives?��

...too late...as usual...:cool:

RacingAtHome
02-01-2017, 14:58

Does anyone know when the hype train arrives?��

It's an English train so it'll arrive about 3 hours early or 3 hours late.

F1_Racer68
02-01-2017, 16:56
It's still a very tight run as we're a bit behind on GUI and Career so nothing is set in stone yet. Current guess is Septemberish.

Ian,

As always, thanks for both your response and openness. That's great news!!

Fingers crossed that the QA goes smoothly and that you and the team are able to stay on track. I will be first in line to purchase it regardless of when it is released (first of the non-WMDers that is... sadly I missed out AGAIN!! :( ).

So far, the current game is still the most detailed and accurate sim I have found. Others are good, but Project CARS is still the top one for me. Sure, there are still some annoying bugs, but in most cases we have been able to work around the expected ones. I know what you and the team have done in the past (looking at you GTR2 ;) ) and as you've stated before, the jump between pCARS1 and pCARS2 is on par with the jump from GTR to GTR2. As a result of that, I am expecting BIG things from pCARS2. Just point me at the pre-order and I am THERE!!

Happy New Year all!!

cluck
02-01-2017, 17:40

Does anyone know when the hype train arrives?SMSoon™ :yes:

Konan
02-01-2017, 17:43
SMSoon™ :yes:

Now how did i know there was someone going to say that... (the reason i didn't...lol)

FS7
02-01-2017, 17:51
It's cold outside,
It's hot as hell down here.
If PCars2 includes Brazilian tracks that will be a challenge for the people working on the tyre physics, designing tyres that can stand the Brazilian heat as well as handle the storms.

Tank621
02-01-2017, 18:29
It's an English train so it'll arrive about 3 hours early or 3 hours late.

Nah it'll be a replacement bus service

Cholton82
02-01-2017, 18:31
New year new tease please !!

FS7
02-01-2017, 18:31
Nah it'll be a replacement bus service
So, AMS has trucks, PCars2 will have buses, sounds good!

RacingAtHome
02-01-2017, 18:56
So, AMS has trucks, PCars2 will have buses, sounds good!

It's a hype bus. One of the London buses.

Mascot
02-01-2017, 21:56
There's, what, nine or ten months before pCARS 2 arrives (according to Ian). How about one new feature reveal per month before then?

Unless there aren't ten new things to talk about, of course. Mmmmm...

FS7
02-01-2017, 23:08
There's, what, nine or ten months before pCARS 2 arrives (according to Ian). How about one new feature reveal per month before then?

My suggestion would be to show a gameplay video each month, each video showing different car/track/feature.

F1_Racer68
02-01-2017, 23:30

My suggestion would be to show a gameplay video each month, each video showing different car/track/feature.

I would agree with both of these suggestions. Either one would be a very cool way to build up speed on the Hype Train!!

Roger Prynne
02-01-2017, 23:45

There's lots more than 10 new things to talk about........... but not just yet :torn:

Konan
03-01-2017, 00:27
There's lots more than 10 new things to talk about........... but not just yet :torn:

Do you have an ETA on the ETA to go with that?...lol

F1_Racer68
03-01-2017, 00:50
Do you have an ETA on the ETA to go with that?...lol

Pretty sure he doesn't even have an ETA on the ETA of the ETA for the ETA of the ETA for the first teaser......

Reminds me of an old TV commercial where the guys say... "I don't even know enough to know that I don't know." :D

RacingAtHome
03-01-2017, 01:45
254 days until the 14th of September. #ILikeThatIdea

Mascot
03-01-2017, 07:39

The orange flump himself would be proud of that reply.

Invincible
03-01-2017, 08:33
I would agree with both of these suggestions. Either one would be a very cool way to build up speed on the Hype Train!!

There's enough stuff to shoot it into the stratosphere. I can't wait 'til SMS decides to open the floodgates.

rosko
03-01-2017, 19:28
With the Ferrari & Porsche licences I'm hoping for some classic endurance circuits and cars.

OddTimer
04-01-2017, 09:48
just catching up with the news, excellent stuff! Has anything been said about custom championships? happy new year everyone!

Roger Prynne
04-01-2017, 13:08
Yes there's been a lot of talk about custom championships..... but that's all I can say :cower:

hkraft300
04-01-2017, 14:13
Yes there's... custom championships.....

:o don't take my word for it!

OddTimer
04-01-2017, 15:00
Yes there's been a lot of talk about custom championships..... but that's all I can say :cower:

It sounds promising, thanks! =]

RacingAtHome
04-01-2017, 15:21
Custom Championships. I like.

I wonder if the time for races will be anything from 0:01 to 24:00 at least and any minute in between.

F1_Racer68
04-01-2017, 17:34
I wonder if the time for races will be anything from 0:01 to 24:00 at least and any minute in between.

This is something I hope is being addressed (I know, should be in the "what would you like to see in pCARS2" thread, and it is. But as they say, squeaky wheel gets the grease :) ). I hope that there is more granularity around Timed Events. Would be nice to at least be able to set 15 minute increments after you pass the 1 hour mark. We like to run some of our races as 2.4 hours (2 hours, 24 minutes) and then use x10 time Acceleration to simulate a 24 hour race. Sadly, right now we can only set 2 hours or 3 hours. Nothing in between. Being able to at least set 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00, etc. would be MUCH appreciated.

RacingAtHome
04-01-2017, 18:32
Or just use my idea where you set the amount of hours and minutes of the hour. E.g. 2:27. Although the 1 by 1 (Maybe including halves) would go well in the time acceleration as well.

TheBaldReverend
04-01-2017, 20:00
http://simracingpaddock.com/project-cars/project-cars-2-screenshots-release-info/

RacingAtHome
04-01-2017, 20:18
How can a release date be pushed back when there wasn't any in the first place? Must be getting their information from my GTP thread where I said that it was July at the absolute earliest.

FS7
04-01-2017, 20:23
How can a release date be pushed back when there wasn't any in the first place?
Exactly.

Schadows
04-01-2017, 20:59
Were these screenshots released officially?

Either way, the rally (cross) is looking gorgeous.

Only one word to add : SNOW !!!

Ryzza5
04-01-2017, 21:03
The hype started when I fired up the pre-alpha build and saw the new intro movie :)

Mvrc_22
04-01-2017, 22:21
Will you guys continue to use the Gimpworks bullcrap?

hkraft300
04-01-2017, 22:53
Will you guys continue to use the Gimpworks bullcrap?

Hey now!
Some guys like to look hard in the car park instead of going hard on track :rolleyes:

Ian Bell
04-01-2017, 23:00
How can a release date be pushed back when there wasn't any in the first place? Must be getting their information from my GTP thread where I said that it was July at the absolute earliest.

Indeed. My post was because the leaks are getting worse and a lot of misinformation was building. Now apparently 'current guess is Septemberish' means it's pushed back... :)

Example of leaks I know are happening: Please try to keep a handle on it WMD2 guys. I won't act this time but if you 'must' leak please don't give any specifics, keep it vague, remember your NDA, and remember it's still very early days and we're transforming the handling week on week...

FS7
04-01-2017, 23:03
I think you meant SMSnow!!!

F1_Racer68
04-01-2017, 23:34

That was exactly my statement to the author as well. You might be able to see the post and discussion on the Sim Racers Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwsimracers/). He didn't seem too impressed with me calling him out on biased reporting.

I have since left the group since it quickly became obvious that it is a site frequented mainly by AC fanboys/pCARS haters.

cxMilk
05-01-2017, 03:20
http://simracingpaddock.com/project-cars/project-cars-2-screenshots-release-info/
Did I just read an article that was nothing more than a translation of an article that likely fluffed Ian Bell's original post from this very thread?

Gotta love internet journalism sometimes.

Bealdor
05-01-2017, 06:08
Gotta love internet journalism sometimes.

Synystr
05-01-2017, 06:15
That will make 2 bits of F* all difference to us players.

Speak for yourself.

Mascot
05-01-2017, 07:23
Indeed. My post was because the leaks are getting worse and a lot of misinformation was building. Now apparently 'current guess is Septemberish' means it's pushed back... :)

Example of leaks I know are happening: Please try to keep a handle on it WMD2 guys. I won't act this time but if you 'must' leak please don't give any specifics, keep it vague, remember your NDA, and remember it's still very early days and we're transforming the handling week on week...

I think security has been very impressive so far. There's not much out there that I can find, and believe me - I've been looking..!

It's great to finally see some screenshots. Game looks gorgeous, guys. The environmental effects look stellar. Looks like full seasonal effects are in too. Spanning a full calendar year of racing, perhaps? The snow and ice looks lovely.

Is the hype train finally leaving the station? It's not too early to stoke the boilers, I reckon. Especially if there's lots to talk about.

Schadows
05-01-2017, 08:50
If the damage looks nice, the ffb feels good, the car behavior looks about right, we won't be any wiser as to how the "physics" is working in the nitty gritty.Even if it's probably a "must have" for the larger audience, for me, visual damages are just "nice to have" (they're barely noticeable unless using chase cam and If I wreck my car completely it's game other either way). I have more expectation around mecanical damages, especially suspension failures when abusing kerbs repeatedly.
And wile talking about the kerbs, I also hope they will be slippery in the wet this time (the team said it would be easy to change in pcars1 but I suppose it was more work than though initially considering you also had to change the AI racing line/behavior and probably other stuff).

Mascot
05-01-2017, 09:12

I now hear that most of these screenshots are very old and the latest build looks a LOT better. Now that these images are out there in the public domain, how about releasing some official shots that actually do show the game in the best light?

Synystr
05-01-2017, 09:29
That will make 2 bits of F* all difference to us players. As long as looks and feels legit.
If the damage looks nice, the ffb feels good, the car behaviour looks about right, we won't be any wiser as to how the "physics" is working in the nitty gritty.
Notice that the points I've made are all subjective evaluation, because 99.9% of us lack the technical capacity.
How Pcars or AC goes about their "physics" is of no consequence to us really, as long as Newtonian laws of motion are maintained and some basic fluid dynamics for aero.
But if by "physics" model you mean tyres: are you looking for accuracy of behaviour or ffb feel?
Not to shoot you down mate but your questions are vague and/or irrelevant about the subjects you're discussing.

My thoughts summarised in *TWO* nice videos:

This is not a flame post, SlowBloke, before you post. Its a bloody comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tUiZosnA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI45Rfjkhec

You can even go more than this and I'd be happy. Eh... Just go all the way. Full realism.

This is the physics he's talking about.

Schadows
05-01-2017, 10:01
I now hear that most of these screenshots are very old and the latest build looks a LOT better. Now that these images are out there in the public domain, how about releasing some official shots that actually do show the game in the best light?That's how you usually get info, preaching the false to get the truth.

FS7
05-01-2017, 10:23
It's great to finally see some screenshots. Game looks gorgeous, guys.
I sent the link to a friend of mine and he complained he couldn't find the in-game screenshots, all he saw were a bunch of real life pics.

SlowBloke
05-01-2017, 11:16
Again Syn its HOW.. not what. You could easily have done this without singling me out in a prodding argumentative way - but thats not your thing is it.

Konan
05-01-2017, 11:21
....settle down chaps...:rolleyes:

Pisshead30
05-01-2017, 11:31
Were these screenshots released officially?

Either way, the rally (cross) is looking gorgeous.

Hopefully this is what we're in for with regards to Rallycross in Pcars2 because the pic of the Merc jumping looks like Hell in Norway, loved that in Dirt Rally the SMS version will be unreal

Roger Prynne
05-01-2017, 12:00
OK guys what I am allowed to tell you is this, there are a couple of cars and tracks added and a bit of polishing here and there, (that was the first week of DEV)
The rest of the DEV time has been spent eating burgers and drinking beer :drunk:

I joke of course.

Konan
05-01-2017, 12:04
OK guys what I am allowed to tell you is this, there are a couple of cars and tracks added and a bit of polishing here and there, (that was the first week of DEV)
The rest of the DEV time has been spent eating burgers and drinking beer :drunk:

I joke of course.

AHA!...McDonald's and Budweiser liveries confirmed!...:cool:

Grijo
05-01-2017, 12:09
AHA!...McDonald's and Budweiser liveries confirmed!...:cool:

I prefer Burger King and Corona liveries :p

FS7
05-01-2017, 13:08
So, the cockpits on the road cars are so realistically detailed that they feature food & cup holders? That's nice!

Mascot
05-01-2017, 13:16
The hype started when I fired up the pre-alpha build and saw the new intro movie :)

I've heard very good things about this. Any chance it'll go public soon?

Grijo
05-01-2017, 13:57
So, the cockpits on the road cars are so realistically detailed that they feature food & cup holders? That's nice!

And a big bowl of coleslaw free! :p

Konan
05-01-2017, 14:01
And a big bowl of coleslaw free! :p

In an OVAL bowl?
*Coat taken and leaving right now*
LOL

Grijo
05-01-2017, 14:14
In an OVAL bowl?
*Coat taken and leaving right now*
LOL

I said coleslaw, not ovaltine!! :p

*Coat already caught and running like hell*

Mascot
05-01-2017, 14:23
And another useful thread derails...

*sigh*

Konan
05-01-2017, 14:40
Nope...consider it back on topic as of now...

Edit:hard to stay on topic though since there is almost nothing we as "outsiders" are 99% certain about...:rolleyes:

shiftee
05-01-2017, 16:49
man Pcars2 sounds great, especially the FFB presets for wheels etc. I spent too much time in those menus in Pcars1, only to have my settings get erased from an update and have to figure it out all over again.

I hope it can snow on a non-snow/ice track. like gentle flakes will start in a middle of a regular circuit race, I just love dynamic weather and time of day changes - keeps things fresh.

take your time SMS, if it needs more time in the oven to polish up don't worry we'll be here with money in hand. Couple of delays turned The Witcher 3 from an ok game to an all-around masterpiece. then again, if it comes out Septemberish ready and polished I certainly won't complain! can't wait!

wonder if I'll need a new card to keep playing in 4K? hmmm.....

DreamsKnight
05-01-2017, 17:52
My thoughts summarised in *TWO* nice videos:

This is not a flame post, SlowBloke, before you post. Its a bloody comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5tUiZosnA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI45Rfjkhec

You can even go more than this and I'd be happy. Eh... Just go all the way. Full realism.

This is the physics he's talking about.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

doge, the guy behind these video is a friend for me. i haven't find time to answer there, but they are full of errors. you synystr seems me the tipical guy who want the physics you THINK it must be, not the one it is.

some fast points without watching:

-ps4 versions.

-in assetto corsa, the greatest sim ouside there for physics" doesn't exist brake simulation. no different tipology, no brake temperature, no brake management and no brake pressure (added recently in some cars) this is the first video i find: how is the story? only formula one had full brake pressure turn in? let me laugh
https://youtu.be/vT24Z2RcWQU?t=2m7s

-excatly like pcars is a little bit too permissive (and i admit), assetto corsa is exactly the opposite in the worst way. worldwide the kerbs are grippy, in AC no, and you have a 360 also if you touch them with a cm of tyre (damn myself i haven't saved that replay. ) the green or blue zone after a kerb are grippy zones, in AC no. those zones are there for safety reason. do you know the oldest trick of drivers in the past days? when they had a driver close behind, they put full power with a rear tyre outside the track during turn exit to shoot the gravel on the pilot's helmet behind. we are speaking late 1970 formula 1, with tyres with a grip level not so far from a each day car today.
first video with a formula renault 3.5: count how many 360 he does using kerbs, outside kers, grass and gravel. :D https://youtu.be/bvKpzDETz9A

-an advice: watch some motorsport in tv. ;)

edit: -drive the giulietta. do you think that is the real car behaviour? lol

bporion
05-01-2017, 17:52
@ Ian Bell , if you can make the release of Pcars 2 before Septemberish I will buy you this !

SergioCosmopolis
05-01-2017, 18:00

Haven't checked here in some time. Has there been any word on PSVR support for Project Cars? Is it still planned to come to the first game? What about the second?

Forcedchaos
05-01-2017, 19:20
So here we are almost 2 years later and I will ask 1 final time. Will we be getting Oval racing finally in this version of project cars?

Konan
05-01-2017, 19:22
So here we are almost 2 years later and I will ask 1 final time. Will we be getting Oval racing finally in this version of project cars?

If you mean Pcars1...no
Possibly (no guarantees) in Pcars2...

Tank621
05-01-2017, 19:30
Ah the ovals discussion, we've gone full circle back to this

Konan
05-01-2017, 19:32
Ah the ovals discussion, we've gone full circle back to this

...not if i can help it...:rolleyes:

Mad Al
05-01-2017, 19:55

Jan 5 2017 8PM

I wonder if Ian Bell is going to lie again about having oval tracks or adding them like he did with Project Cars 1? Maybe I'll go on the forums and ask, although that didn't do any good last time.
(oval tracks were promised)

PC1 had ovals during development.... the reasons for not being released in PC1 were given (repeatedly) as AI related.

and that's all your getting until Ian himself says otherwise... (but I suspect your IGN post may not have helped your cause)

Konan
05-01-2017, 20:05
@Forcedchaos:Not cool dude...not cool...:(
Certainly when you consider what else we got for our money...
On top of that,SMS almost moved heaven and earth to get ovals in the game after all...
You make it as if it's by choice they are not in the game...really...not cool...
Subject on ovals closed!

Synystr
05-01-2017, 20:16
Again Syn its HOW.. not what. You could easily have done this without singling me out in a prodding argumentative way - but thats not your thing is it.

Dude. Stop stalking me. COME ON

Konan
05-01-2017, 20:23
so....it's now official...the time for forgiving is over...
Good start of the new year guys...really...:rolleyes:

SlowBloke
05-01-2017, 21:19
Dude. Stop talking me. COME ON

To make Konan's life a smidgen easier all I will reply is... :P

Konan
05-01-2017, 21:22

Very nice of you allthough it's no skin off my back...it would just make life easier in general...:cool:

Ian Bell
05-01-2017, 22:32
I now hear that most of these screenshots are very old and the latest build looks a LOT better. Now that these images are out there in the public domain, how about releasing some official shots that actually do show the game in the best light?

We have a very carefully planned marketing and information release program and anything that wasn't already out there by me (like our late 17 release 'aim' which I'm on record here stating from over a year back) has to stay under wraps.

Synystr
05-01-2017, 23:30

Lol, come on man, you honestly think I think you're stalking me? We're like the Odd Couple now. You're Jack Lemmon and I'm Walther Matthau. Come here, buddy. Hug it out.

Mascot
06-01-2017, 07:05
We have a very carefully planned marketing and information release program and anything that wasn't already out there by me (like our late 17 release 'aim' which I'm on record here stating from over a year back) has to stay under wraps.

Thank you Ian. With the marketing schedule is already mapped out, are you able to say when it will actually commence? There have been several indications through official social media channels that we'd start seeing PC2 media 'soon', which is obviously open to all sorts of interpretations. If you are at least able to narrow this window then I'm sure it would be appreciated by a lot of non-WMDers. The anticipation and excitement is certainly building, and even these outdated screenshots have caused quite a stir.

Tank621
06-01-2017, 07:16

Was that an announcement of an announcement without announcing when the announcement will be announced

Ian Bell
06-01-2017, 07:16
Thank you Ian. With the marketing schedule is already mapped out, are you able to say when it will actually commence? There have been several indications through official social media channels that we'd start seeing PC2 media 'soon', which is obviously open to all sorts of interpretations. If you are at least able to narrow this window then I'm sure it would be appreciated by a lot of non-WMDers. The anticipation and excitement is certainly building, and even these outdated screenshots have caused quite a stir.

Weeks not months. So as per our tweets, very soon now :)

The ancient screenies are killing me BTW. It looks so much better now with more to come until beta.

Mascot
06-01-2017, 07:19

The ancient screenies are killing me BTW. It looks so much better now with more to come until beta.

Brilliant - many thanks!

wolfscastle
06-01-2017, 07:49
Hi Ian,

i have an important question for me, and i hope is the right place here :)

In comparison to the other "Heavy wight" Simulation Titles
(RRE, AC, iR and rF2), I noticed at pCars from the beginning,
that the online code and the graphic implementation of the vehicles
in the Multiplayer Sessions (Replay & TV Cams), seemingly have not
the same prezission and quality in the Movements on the Track,
and looks not so naturally as with the other Sims.
(Especially iRacing and Assetto)

The Vehicle Movements do not look as natural as with the others.

My explanation is the even better (preciser) movement scanning
and more accurate implementation of the Movements on the road,
by the other Sims.

Therefore my question, is pCars2 intensively continued to work on
the online code? So the viewers in the online race do not recognize
any difference to the real TV races? :D

(sorry for my english).

Ian Bell
06-01-2017, 10:23
Hi Ian,

i have an important question for me, and i hope is the right place here :)

In comparison to the other "Heavy wight" Simulation Titles
(RRE, AC, iR and rF2), I noticed at pCars from the beginning,
that the online code and the graphic implementation of the vehicles
in the Multiplayer Sessions (Replay & TV Cams), seemingly have not
the same prezission and quality in the Movements on the Track,
and looks not so naturally as with the other Sims.
(Especially iRacing and Assetto)

The Vehicle Movements do not look as natural as with the others.

My explanation is the even better (preciser) movement scanning
and more accurate implementation of the Movements on the road,
by the other Sims.

Therefore my question, is pCars2 intensively continued to work on
the online code? So the viewers in the online race do not recognize
any difference to the real TV races? :D

(sorry for my english).

Your English is fine. You're looking at replays and we do have fidelity issues there. We are working on them. What you watch in replays isn't what is happening real time. It's an abstracted 'capture'.

We're more 'heavy weight' than anything else on the market my friend, and I can prove that empirically. No other sim runs a fully dynamic (RF2 type, but, crucially, in real time) tyre model. What other 'heavy weight' has a proper real time track simulation covering time of day and weather...

Don't believe the hype.

AnDyCapzZ
06-01-2017, 10:48

Hi Ian,

I just want to apologise if I have caused any Trouble. It was myself asking Baj questions simply due to me trawling the internet daily for months for any Titbit of info regarding the game. I couldn't believe a post finally had some Info. Regarding what I said about the game itself, the group I help run on Facebook for Xbox one racers is still going strong and staying true to PCars. We all love the game and still run multiple leagues each week. Keep up the fantastic work and we will keep playing PCars until the day PCars 2 hits the shelves .

Regards

Andy

dmitrych
06-01-2017, 11:59
We're more 'heavy weight' than anything else on the market my friend, and I can prove that empirically. No other sim runs a fully dynamic (RF2 type, but, crucially, in real time) tyre model.
RF2 calculates the tire more than 24 hours, because it reproduces the power of a supercomputer on home computer. Totally in real time on a computers the current level does not make a powerful simulation.
The full complex model, the Quasi-static model is something in the order of 2 million times slower to run than the real-time lookup table. Some people seem to be of the opinion that lookup tables themselves are somehow inferior, but every tyre model in the world compasses some elements of a lookup table, because no tyre model can possibly simulate things at an atomic level. Even then, you would still be implanting some human derived numerical values from somewhere. Until computers reach speeds an order of magnitude higher than we have now, no such models are feasible.
http://isiforums.net/f/entry.php/18-Tyres-The-Big-One-%28Part-I%29

bmanic
06-01-2017, 12:51
RF2 calculates the tire more than 24 hours, because it reproduces the power of a supercomputer on home computer. Totally in real time on a computers the current level does not make a powerful simulation.
The full complex model, the Quasi-static model is something in the order of 2 million times slower to run than the real-time lookup table. Some people seem to be of the opinion that lookup tables themselves are somehow inferior, but every tyre model in the world compasses some elements of a lookup table, because no tyre model can possibly simulate things at an atomic level. Even then, you would still be implanting some human derived numerical values from somewhere. Until computers reach speeds an order of magnitude higher than we have now, no such models are feasible.
http://isiforums.net/f/entry.php/18-Tyres-The-Big-One-%28Part-I%29

This similar situation has been discussed over in the virtual instrument world as well.. a "look up table" in this case is a sample, a recording. Yet there are companies who make great sounding products without "simulating" the whole experience down to the atomic level. It's all about making clever compromises and selecting what is truly important. It also shows that there are real benefits in running real time models instead of look-up-tables/sampled instruments, even if the actual fidelity is lower.

Check out https://www.pianoteq.com/ as an example. Granted, there are situations where this simulation doesn't quite come as close as a sample based solution but in other situations it is more realistic.

My point being: Even if real time solutions are technically not as detailed as a look-up-table based solution, it's benefits outweigh the negatives due to it's flexibility. For instance, a look-up-table solution is a real nightmare if you want to have a properly simulated real-time weather system that is as detailed as we have now in pC2 where puddles and dirt/mud are happening. Just simulating "every possible scenario" that a tire can go through is a monumental task in a look-up-table based solution. ISI conveniently haven't discussed the real downsides of their solution.. luckily Niels Heusinkveld discusses some of these issues on his youtube channel and basically comes to the conclusion that the rF2 tire model system is unnecessary complex considering it's limitations. Then again, he may be just making excuses as Reiza are stuck using the old system (albeit a heavily modified one).

EDIT: oh and one more benefit with the real time model is that SMS get "true" Research & Development information from this and it's going to scale very well with future hardware and software advances. In short, it's just simply smarter to do it this way when you look at it as an investment of R&D.

Mahjik
06-01-2017, 13:15
Even then, you would still be implanting some human derived numerical values from somewhere. Until computers reach speeds an order of magnitude higher than we have now, no such models are feasible.

Mostly true.. However, if one physics engine has 50% less static data; does that make it 50% better than the others? :victorious:

Pisshead30
06-01-2017, 14:26

So 4 weeks is usually one month so therefore 8 weeks will be 2 months, so im guessing something official will appear in less than an 8 weeks otherwise the weeks will turn into months lol
The hype has well and truly started now I keep seeing all these 'guessing games' coming up on twitter and fb about when Pcars2 is gonna arrive lol AWESOME!!!

dmitrych
06-01-2017, 14:35
ISI conveniently haven't discussed the real downsides of their solution..

It would be interesting if Michael Borda and someone from pcars engineers to debate about this, not just users. But for rF2 there is some information from the blog of engineer Michael Borda. There are some known technical facts: the tire model is made up of real-time section and the quasistatic sample that can be used in calculations of 2 million times more than just real-time model. Of course you can fully translate and calculations in real time, but in the foreseeable future computers of ordinary users are not ready for it. In general, the new owners plan to add to rF2 the ability to connect different tire models. They will start with rf1 model, later, perhaps, add some other models. It is difficult to say which approach is better, pcars2 or rf2, without all of the information)

wolfscastle
06-01-2017, 16:33
Your English is fine. You're looking at replays and we do have fidelity issues there. We are working on them. What you watch in replays isn't what is happening real time. It's an abstracted 'capture'.

Ian,

thank you for your quick answer! But what i mean is not only the Replay,
i mean the live cam to.

In the near future for a real E-Sport Racing Simulation, and i promise pCars2 can
get this status and titel, the Quality of the Live Cam, Stream, Live TV, is a great
point. And in this area, pcars still has some improvements to do.

Look live Streams or Replays from title like iRacing, RRE, Assetto or the Replays
from Forza on PC. All the Cars have still a verry smooth, realistic and naturally
Movement.

When i switch in pCars to a another car and switch to TV Cam, the car
movements do not look natural and realistic, too stuttering and mechanical,
sorry ian, One sees simply too much different.

This makes the other titles just better. And I am writing this here, in the hope
that you and your whole Team, focus on this area again in pCars2. Also in the
Multiplayer Online Code, to make a big step forward in prof. Online Racing.

Thank you for your attention good succeed! :)

Sampo
06-01-2017, 16:57

The AI cars don't use the same physics engine as the player car.

MaximusN
06-01-2017, 17:02
The AI cars don't use the same physics engine as the player car.

I think they look fine when you drive near a car, so that shouldn't be the reason. And it's mostly the tires that are dumbed down, so that shouldn't cause too big of a difference in how the driving looks from the outside.

DreamsKnight
07-01-2017, 01:19
Ian,

thank you for your quick answer! But what i mean is not only the Replay,
i mean the live cam to.

In the near future for a real E-Sport Racing Simulation, and i promise pCars2 can
get this status and titel, the Quality of the Live Cam, Stream, Live TV, is a great
point. And in this area, pcars still has some improvements to do.

Look live Streams or Replays from title like iRacing, RRE, Assetto or the Replays
from Forza on PC. All the Cars have still a verry smooth, realistic and naturally
Movement.

This makes the other titles just better. And I am writing this here, in the hope
that you and your whole Team, focus on this area again in pCars2. Also in the
Multiplayer Online Code, to make a big step forward in prof. Online Racing.

Thank you for your attention good succeed! :)

i agree and it's my hope too. i see lot of people having great fun with horrible mods in other titles just cause the netcode and side by side racing is better.

bmanic
07-01-2017, 01:53
It would be interesting if Michael Borda and someone from pcars engineers to debate about this, not just users. But for rF2 there is some information from the blog of engineer Michael Borda. There are some known technical facts: the tire model is made up of real-time section and the quasistatic sample that can be used in calculations of 2 million times more than just real-time model. Of course you can fully translate and calculations in real time, but in the foreseeable future computers of ordinary users are not ready for it. In general, the new owners plan to add to rF2 the ability to connect different tire models. They will start with rf1 model, later, perhaps, add some other models. It is difficult to say which approach is better, pcars2 or rf2, without all of the information)

You make it sound like ISI are doing something "unique" and new. They aren't.. perhaps in the field of tire modeling but in other fields this is a debate that has been going on for decades.

Otherworld
07-01-2017, 07:57
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, and if it isn't I apologize, but do we know if pCars 2 will have independent triple screen rendering like AC ? I have to admit that my time spent on AC has severely gone up since I switched to triple monitors, simply because of the proper triple screen management of AC, and that has been at the expense of pCars.