PDA

View Full Version : Can I force a mandatory pit stop in a 30 lap race vs AI?

Strummer
13-12-2016, 23:57
I am new to PCars but enjoying it. I would like to force a pitstop in a sprint race against the AI so that (i) I can learn how the pit stop mechanic works in this sim and (ii) to change up the race order and introduce some tactical challenges. Can this be done? I would also like to know if I can set a percentage chance for rain as another way to force a pitstop. Thank you!

FS7
14-12-2016, 00:06
There's no option to enable mandatory pitstop but if you can adjust tyre wear rate so that AI cars pit during the race.

Strummer
14-12-2016, 00:19
There's no option to enable mandatory pitstop but if you can adjust tyre wear rate so that AI cars pit during the race.

Thank you. I am assuming this will have the same effect on the player's tires too? And what multiple might be needed for the tire wear setting to force everyone to pit in, say, a 30 lap race?

Zenzic
14-12-2016, 07:37
Tire wear depends on track and driving style. I'm doing quick race weekends in the Aston Martin Vantage GT4 right now. Running one hour races with tire wear set to x2 I have to pit about every 30 minutes, so once during the race. AI seem to do the same thing, although some tend to pit a second time in the penultimate lap...

FS7
14-12-2016, 10:46
Thank you. I am assuming this will have the same effect on the player's tires too? And what multiple might be needed for the tire wear setting to force everyone to pit in, say, a 30 lap race?
Yes, tyre wear affects player & AI.

"30-lap race" is sort of vague since different tracks have different lengths, also different car classes have different tyre wear rates. Posting which track & car you're using would be helpful.
I generally do 30-minute races, iirc there are several classes that work well in that race length with tyre wear set to 4x (FA, FB, FC, GT3, LMP1, LMP2, LMP3).
You can do some testing in time trial to see which tyre wear rate works best for the car/track/race length you want.

Grijo
14-12-2016, 12:49
I am new to PCars but enjoying it. I would like to force a pitstop in a sprint race against the AI so that (i) I can learn how the pit stop mechanic works in this sim and (ii) to change up the race order and introduce some tactical challenges. Can this be done? I would also like to know if I can set a percentage chance for rain as another way to force a pitstop. Thank you!

Yes, you can force pitstop. Set a private lobby for a online race, but fill the grid with A.I. racers. And in the lobby options, set mandatory pits to "on". Not the best solution but it will work.