PDA

View Full Version : Comparaison

gp20
15-12-2016, 03:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI45Rfjkhec

Bultaco85
21-12-2016, 12:18
Hes right, he is a great sim reacer and he also did videos for setups for PCARS that were posted in this web.

SlowBloke
21-12-2016, 14:45
Im sure there are numerous aspects that can be criticised looking at Assetto Corsa that Project Cars does better too.

End of the day with all things considered what do you prefer and that is all that matters.

The endless threads here / steam / elsewhere where people simply must compare and ensure everyone knows their reasons/opinions are the only important one are tiring.

Haiden
21-12-2016, 17:56
Im sure there are numerous aspects that can be criticised looking at Assetto Corsa that Project Cars does better too.

End of the day with all things considered what do you prefer and that is all that matters.

The endless threads here / steam / elsewhere where people simply must compare and ensure everyone knows their reasons/opinions are the only important one are tiring.

True, but there aren't many things as important/critical to sims as the underlying physics.

Mahjik
21-12-2016, 18:39
I don't necessarily agree with everything in that video. There are differences, yes, but what he doesn't do is also pull in real life examples of the same behavior. He's making assumptions of which is correct and which is not. I will say, I've yet to hear about a McLaren P1 flipping or doing wheelies at Nords. :p And some of the non-tarmac behavior is just flat wrong on the AC side.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and so is the video owner.

Haiden
21-12-2016, 19:20
I noticed in his section about the how it responds to kerbs... If you look at how he took the kerbs, that might explain some of it. For the AC example he ran the tires over the hump of the kerb, which obviously upset it. But in the PCars example, he straddle the hump of the kerb, which would obviously be less disruptive.

IMO, the two things that bug me the most about each of the titles is that although AC's physics are nice and strict, but the braking is a little odd. That might be fixed, though now, since they added the ability to adjust brake pressure. Not sure why it took years to add that, but... I'm glad it finally came. PCars is way too forgiving off rapid downshifting for me. Playing it too long exclusively allows you to develop bad habits. The back should slip way more often and quicker than it does when you run down the gears too quickly. You basically have to run through them like a mindless savage before PCars punishes you for it. :)

Mahjik
21-12-2016, 19:53
I have AC as well. Honestly, I've found a few differences between it and pCARS but they are both much different than say iRacing. I would say that AC and pCARS are closer to being brothers (in the sense of their tire simulation focus) than compared to some of the others. I won't comment on which I think is better or closer to what I do, but IMO the differences between AC and pCARS are not that large.

Lewis Puppy
22-12-2016, 12:52
Online, multi-player - iRacing
Racing against AI - PCARS
Hotlapping - AC