PDA

View Full Version : Formula A Races

Lewis Puppy
16-12-2016, 17:26
Formula A racing is the best there currently is amongst any of the racers available against the AI, period. The action is fast & intense!

I just wish there were more F1 tracks in the game

Lewis Puppy
27-12-2016, 14:25
Formula A racing is the best there currently is amongst any of the racers available against the AI, period. The action is fast & intense!

I just wish there were more F1 tracks in the game

I'm just loving the F1 2016 skins mod, simply the best! 214 hours and counting...

Stewy32
29-12-2016, 08:14
I'd like more F1 tracks...less bothered about the car, don't like the FA.But it would be great for F1 fans to have Mclaren, Mercedes and Renault (in the game with other cars) to pick from as well.

Lewis Puppy
08-01-2017, 15:18
Believe it or not, super fun racing F1 skins mod around Laguna Seca doing 25-lap races against the AI :) Currently, trying out different tire wear settings. My next race will be using 2x.

Lewis Puppy
14-01-2017, 15:53
Currently doing 23 laps around Oschersleben GP this weekend on 2X tires racing F1 skins mod. Is there anyone who likes this track?

Lewis Puppy
21-01-2017, 15:42
Currently doing 23 laps around Donington Park GP this weekend on 2X tires racing F1 skins mod. Fantastic racing, I can really feel the tires loosing grip in the corners.

Rambo_Commando
22-01-2017, 19:06
Have you tried the Formula Renault? I like FA but everything feels so right with the Formula Renault. Give it a go. Who knows, you might just rename the title of this thread. Lol

Diamond_Eyes
22-01-2017, 20:34
Currently doing 23 laps around Oschersleben GP this weekend on 2X tires racing F1 skins mod. Is there anyone who likes this track?

Yep! But not really for F1s, more of a touring-car/bike circuit >> I like that fast Triple section and the second to last corner Farmer
ciao

Lewis Puppy
28-01-2017, 15:14
Have you tried the Formula Renault? I like FA but everything feels so right with the Formula Renault. Give it a go. Who knows, you might just rename the title of this thread. Lol

Are you talking about the 1986 Vintage Formula Lotus 98T Renault Turbo? I've tried it but I prefer the Formula A with F1 skins. The F1 skins mod makes the cars absolutely gorgeous and I love using the DRS with it. I don't believe there's an F1 skins mod available with the Renault.

Racing 30 laps at Willow Springs International Raceway this week. Reminds me of racing Formula A cars on Laguna. So gorgeous driving by all the F1 cars parked along pit road.

Rambo_Commando
28-01-2017, 17:21
No not the vintage ones, but the Formula Renault 3.5 with the Dallara chassis.

Lewis Puppy
28-01-2017, 18:18
Racing 30 laps at Willow Springs International Raceway this week. Reminds me of racing Formula A cars at Laguna. So gorgeous driving by all the F1 cars parked along pit road.

Wow, incredible amounts of turbulence on this track. The last 10 laps with 2X tires had turbulence like I've never experienced before in this game

hkraft300
28-01-2017, 20:30
Wow, incredible amounts of turbulence on this track. The last 10 laps with 2X tires had turbulence like I've never experienced before in this game

Turbulence? Or bumps?

Lewis Puppy
29-01-2017, 17:25
Turbulence? Or bumps?

Both turbulence and bumps

Lewis Puppy
29-01-2017, 17:38
No not the vintage ones, but the Formula Renault 3.5 with the Dallara chassis.

Hmm, can anyone here provide me with the latest PCARS database? I'd like to see the specs on this car

Lewis Puppy
30-01-2017, 14:20
Wow, incredible amounts of turbulence at Willow Springs Int'l. The last 10 laps with 2X tires had turbulence like I've never experienced before in this game

The wheel vibration was too much and I seriously feared for destroying my DFGT. I had to dial down the tires from 2X to real for this track and it made all the difference. I didn't know that my DFGT was capable of that much FFB.

Lewis Puppy
04-02-2017, 15:54
Back to the 2X tires this weekend for Zolder. Not a fan of this track, as it requires lots of shifting for the sharp corners. My wrists are hurting after the 23-lap race.

Cumulonimbus
05-02-2017, 08:22
Why do you keep trolling this topic?

Mahjik
05-02-2017, 14:52

This is his own thread and he's excited about what he's doing. If there is any trolling going on, it's you in "his" thread.

Lewis Puppy
05-02-2017, 20:53

Thanks Mahjik, lol. How can I possibly troll my own thread? The truth of the matter is, this is my favorite racing game. I've logged 242 hours on it and I've discovered that Formula A is my favorite car. I love the handling of it and just by tweaking the tire setting depending on the track, I can create my perfect racing. And the F1 skins mod just takes it over the top. I watch all my race replays afterwards in its' entirety. Just fascinating to me how good this mod is.

This is my perfect way to wait until PCARS 2 comes out. But I'm not sure how anything can beat this experience unless I change some hardware but we'll see.

Lewis Puppy
11-02-2017, 17:22
10-min qualy and then a 23-lap race around Sonoma GP this weekend. Lots of drifting on 2X tires. The first lap is a real doozy, as you must be careful not to get flipped over by the AI on this track.

Konan
11-02-2017, 18:15
Yep...the AI can be real trolls sometimes...:p

Lewis Puppy
12-02-2017, 17:43
Yep...the AI can be real trolls sometimes...:p

They surely crash into you sometimes! :)

On another note, the DRS doesn't activate when you really activated it in the replays. My best guess is that the wing slot opens up in the replay when you fully pressed the gas pedal, which is incorrect.

a.maijen
25-08-2017, 22:55
Today i found out that the startgrid that is used in Pcars on Spa-Francochamps, is not the same startgrid that is used in the real F1. Is there a reason why?

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 23:09
Today i found out that the startgrid that is used in Pcars on Spa-Francochamps, is not the same startgrid that is used in the real F1. Is there a reason why?

Project CARS is more than F1, so they aren't going to do solely what F1 does today.