PDA

View Full Version : unplayable through endless bugs ...help

maxx69
18-12-2016, 00:17
I run a racing community and organize race championship events regularly , with a full grid of clean racers.
My issues are :
LANDMINES I get these regular , some small , some huge that can flip the car into the sky , some small that are just annoying and dangerous to others I'm racing .
BLUE SCREEN , race ruining menus screen that leave the car running into a wall or another car before I can resume the race .
PIT BUGS , pit to change to soft tyres ( with stratagem set) and get wets or something other that , that you had set or not getting fuel that's set ...ruining the race .
DEFAULT SETUP after spending an age doing a setup , you seem to start the race on a completely different setup , ruining the race .
STEERING WHEEL BUGS , completely loose all sensation of FFB and traction regular as clock work .

I can live with the odd bug but this is ridiculous nearly every race has been ruined by one of these or normally a couple per race .
tonight's race at snetterton 300 ,40laps ,two weather slots (rain&clear ) today's date 12pm start me driving the Mclaren GT3 after qualifying in p1 and leading the race for 11 laps get a "blue screen " resultant in a collision with a wall at speed . Once I resumed the game I was in P4 with heavy damage . Rain stopped and I pitted for the saved pit stratagem (soft ) and get another set of wets ....pit again next lap (check pit stratagem) and get medium tyres ......race again ruined .
previous championship pitted for tyres and fuel got the correct tyres and no fuel .....before that no fuel and a steering bug ...and on and on and on

is this something that just I am getting , if so can someone advise me on a fix please ...

or is this game just so broken that the SMS team can't be bothered with anymore ....

ots a great game ....just unplayable

Sankyo
18-12-2016, 14:28
I don't understand the blue screen bug? What exactly happens there? Do you mean that the screen freezes for a second or two?

maxx69
18-12-2016, 20:00
I don't understand the blue screen bug? What exactly happens there? Do you mean that the screen freezes for a second or two?

screen goes to menus screen , loosing all control over the car until you press "resume game"
today I deleted all saved data from the game , loosing hours and hours of valuable setups and career progression in the hope something in that was corrupted .I still have this saved in cloud storage , but would rather loose it all and not loose races through bugs .
I never used to get these bugs and other drivers don't seem to get them , I've even considerd buying a new console ........arrrrrrgh , so frustrating

maxx69
18-12-2016, 20:03
I even bought a new upgraded t300 rim thinking it was random button presses due to FFB .
the game is so good for league racing but so frustrating

maxx69
18-12-2016, 20:06
any advice would be greatly appreciated and could be passed on to the 80+ other drivers in our community

Sampo
19-12-2016, 11:12
STEERING WHEEL BUGS , completely loose all sensation of FFB and traction regular as clock work .

I have no first hand experience, but could t300 overheating be your problem?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29962-T300RS-FFB-weakening&p=970637&viewfull=1#post970637

maxx69
20-12-2016, 09:58
no it's completely random , can be at the start of the session (on any wheel) or after a pit stop .
sometimes it can be resolved by pitting although this will result in a considerable loss of position. carrying on will overheat the wheel but is very difficult as the ffb is all over the place , many of are community race t300,t150,g29 and all experience the steering bug at some point

hkraft300
20-12-2016, 14:38
What issues are the G29 guys having?
I've had mine a few months now, with >100hours on it with no issues. No funky button presses or ffb drops.
I do remember some T300 especially T500 users having issues like the ffb disappearing, wheel disconnect etc.
Apparently a USB hub is a no-no (unless it's the right kind to pass the PS4's periodic security check or something like that).

Trans-Girl
20-12-2016, 21:34
i have had similar problems since going over to the T300, had a different problem with a G29... my T300 has just shat itself and died tbh im not sure i want to bother with another, even though i have just bought a thrustmaster shifter and alcantara wheel

hkraft300
20-12-2016, 22:50
Wow really? Already? That's terrible!
For the price we pay for these bits (yes, few hundred dollars but still) they really ought to at least work and not break down every few weeks. Do the T150 and T500 have similar quality issues?
I've never been a fan of Logitech. I haven't really pumped the G29 for several hours a day. Yet. I'll be giving it a work out over these holidays. It better not die.

maxx69
21-12-2016, 08:00
it's not just the wheel bug that myself and other community members get but by far the worst (and I seem to get more than others ) is the dreaded pit bugs .
Racing with out pit stops is not the answer, it adds so much strategy to the race and would mean turning off fuel use and tyre wear and even mechanical damage etc ....this really is not a possibility for a community of sim racers .
Have no long races till the new year , so am not really able to test whether deleting game data will improve my experience.
I also just bought the Alcantara wheel (very sexy.....suits me sir ) and th8a shifter .
it's not only my t300 that gets the grinding bug , but also guys on G29 , t150 and t100 .
The game is fantastic for freedom of setups in lobbies for league racing but a bag of old balls for the bugs .
T300 is known for random button presses and I get them on Assetto also , normally it's lights on and off or brake bias changes but the other bugs are game related .
was just wondering if anyone could help with some idea of a fix to resolve some of the issues???

kyoo
26-12-2016, 18:10
The grinding bug is the biggest one for me. Unfortunatelly nothing can be done.
The first turn of a league race when you realize the bug IS ON and you are ****** for the entire race, itīs the worst thing is this game. I am surprised I donīt see much complains about it. It is not that rare, at least for me.

The random buttom press is a minor one, but very rarely the pause buttom is pressed and that can **** you up also.

Regarding the pit, you have to test the optimum tire pressures before the race and prepare your pit strategy. Even if you donīt change tires, the game change your pressures.

wyldanimal
28-12-2016, 16:44
I also race in a Group on Wed and Thursday nights. We have 8 to 12 members.
Pit's are a disaster, you Never get the same thing twice..
Sometimes you get proper tires, but pressure is wrong, and No Gas..
Sometimes you get Gas and wrong tires..
Sometimes you get gas and No tires, and you get stuck waiting a LONG time.
Sometimes you Just get Stuck and can't exit the Pit box.

The Wheel Grinding while front tires are scrubbing is a HUGE bug.. One or More will get it almost every race.
During Practice or Qualify, you can press option and return to Pit.
Usually after 2,3, 4 returns to pit, you get it to go away.
But during a race, you launch off the start, and enter that 1st turn, only to Feel the BUZZZZZZZZZZ, and your race is Effed.

Happens on all different wheels G29's, T300's, G27's using converter Box.. It's in the Game Not in the Wheels.

Total Loss of FFB. ( I attribute this to a Minor Landmine )
your driving along... and your wheel gets a quick Thump, like you hit something.
then No FFB at all...

Small Land mine Bugs... you feel a similar thump like above, like you ran over something...
then your car feels light, and you Loose all steering Like your Hydroplaning.. and you crash..

Big Landmine bug, Launches you car into the Air.
Crash into Nothing Bug, You Hit something invisible in the middle of the track, and you Stop DEAD, your Car goes into rvs gear, you get Full Fuel Load, and New COLD tires.

We've no longer use full damage, as these crop up in almost every race and ruin it for one or more drivers.
So it's No Damage, or Performer impacting only.

Sudden jump to the Pause screen ( blue Screen ) , like you pressed the Option Button, Or Sudden jump to the Menu Screen like the PS button was pressed.
This Happens sometimes on a straight, but mostly when you are going into a turn.
At First we thought, man I accidentally pressed the button some how..
But then we all realized, nope, never got close to the button, the game just thinks it was pressed.
This doesn't happen Often, but almost every one in our group has experienced it on different wheels.
It happens for no apparent reason. and Most of the time you crash, because you can't react to get back or Resume fast enough.

But when you get a race with only minor or no bugs, it's great..
That's what Keeps us Coming Back, and Putting up with the bugs.. When it works, It's Great ! really Great!

1 out of 3 races are great. Sometimes we have to quit a lobby and open a new room so we can restart to get rid of a bug...
( Let's Restart I got the Vibration Bug... )
Sometimes we do this 2, 3 or 4 times because someone has a bug at the start, each time...

There are some tracks, ( I stopped Bug reporting ) where the Pits are messed up ALL the time.
Some tracks on Pit entrance where the AI takes over your driving, it Slams you into the entrance Wall. Then you Get stuck and can't exit..

Spitfire77
13-01-2017, 21:34
I just came back to these forums to check to see if they ever fixed the issues with the FFB grinding or FFB dropping out.. or the invisible walls. Thinking maybe I would install pCARS on my ps4 again.

Looks like not.

Thank you all for the info - back to AC I go.

Wheel-user
17-01-2017, 10:10
I just came back to these forums to check to see if they ever fixed the issues with the FFB grinding or FFB dropping out.. or the invisible walls. Thinking maybe I would install pCARS on my ps4 again.

Looks like not.

Thank you all for the info - back to AC I go.

I was going to do the same but since there's no more support for pcars.. who's going to buy pcars 2 when they can't even fix the first one

Sankyo
17-01-2017, 10:20
I was going to do the same but since there's no more support for pcars.. who's going to buy pcars 2 when they can't even fix the first one
Those who love race sims and understand how things work in software development, although they may be a bit more cautious and first wait for reviews and forum feedback.

maxx69
19-01-2017, 08:15
Right ....general bug fix ....it's a shame but you need to delete all game saves , all those setups , all that career , everything , delete game and reinstall.
Don't download cloud saves and many issues I had , have now gone , few small landmines (only small)
If you don't find it helped you , you can then download your cloud saves again and get all your saves back ....worked for me though and a fresh start isn't a bad thing

SCClockDr
19-01-2017, 11:06
Concur with "at" maxx69 and will add doing off game documentation (Major Undertaking) of all your setups wheel, controller, base, and track specific will make the recovery much easier. I would suggest doing screen shots and send them to an alternate ID and grab them on your PC. I then document them in spread sheet form and keep a binder for reference. It ain't racing but its what team Hendricks does.

Good luck mate!

morpwr
19-01-2017, 11:50

Me for sure!!!! The monumental undertaking that pcars was id say sms did a pretty good job for the first attempt. Yes it had a couple issues still for some. I cant remember the last time I had the grinding or hit an invsisble wall or lost the ffb. As much as people bitch about pcars you have to admit sms was oh so close to making the best racing game to date. Especially on consoles.

Konan
19-01-2017, 11:57
Especially on consoles.

Hitting the nail on the head here...:cool:

wyldanimal
21-01-2017, 15:16

I will buy it, and so will all the guys and Gals that race in our group on the PS4.
I'm sure pCars2 will have been vastly improved. ( I'm not expecting it to be totally without bugs. )

I wrote this a few posts back, after sharing our groups experience with issues.
even with the issues that crop up in pCars,

"But when you get a race with only minor or no bugs, it's great..
That's what Keeps us Coming Back, and Putting up with the bugs.. When it works, It's Great ! really Great!"

and if pCars2 is as good or Better! You'd be foolish to NOT buy it.

gotdirt410sprintcar
21-01-2017, 15:44
And the main reason there is not going to be any kind of fixes is because fanatic if they patch fix or whatever those wheels will not work no more per Sony. In less it's game breaking then they have no choice

Konan
21-01-2017, 16:25
And the main reason there is not going to be any kind of fixes is because fanatic if they patch fix or whatever those wheels will not work no more per Sony. In less it's game breaking then they have no choice

That's the rumour indeed...

maxx69
22-01-2017, 18:56
Me for sure!!!! The monumental undertaking that pcars was id say sms did a pretty good job for the first attempt. Yes it had a couple issues still for some. I cant remember the last time I had the grinding or hit an invsisble wall or lost the ffb. As much as people bitch about pcars you have to admit sms was oh so close to making the best racing game to date. Especially on consoles.

Don't think it's bitching or moaning reporting issues that pretty much ruin the game for a lot of people .
I'd say as you don't get them , that's great ...but others do and it's very frustrating when it happens lap 39 of a 40 lap race that you've spent many hours doing setup work and practice for .
The game has many issues ....but I must say it's kept me busy most nights since release and made it possible to have a pretty successful racing community with regular full grids .
I for one will definitely pre-order p cars two .....I just hope they've learned a thing or two

Dnns84
10-02-2017, 19:36
I'm also getting sick n tired with all these bugs and the latest patch was nearly 1 year ago. With so little support I'm seriously doubting buying pCars 2, since all they seem to care about is esports on the PC.
Yesterday's league race (formula B): -Car driving on the straight suddenly makes a full salto, like they hit a solid brick of concrete on the middle of the track.
-I had a crash, suspension damage so I went into the pits, my tires etc were fine, and I didnt want to waste time, so I just selected to fix the damage: I drive out of the pits: my front tires are suddenly nearly gone and all tires are red hot (was on the rain tire) and they never cooled down, even though I didn't do anything to them, driving in the pouring rain they reach 150C :S
-Race starts where cars fall from the sky and ruin the race for everyone.
-Pitstop bugs where just nothing happens so you have to come back in again.
- Replays are pretty much always really bugged, showing cars that aren't there.

And that's only the multiplayer side of the game.
Don't get me started on AI bugs...

Pisshead30
11-02-2017, 08:20

If this is the reason for no more patches for ps4 surely it would be better to look at the bigger picture and give patch upates to fix the game for the majority of players who don't use fanatec wheels rather than no patches for anyone

Konan
11-02-2017, 08:24
Seeing that the game despite the bugs is still playable it wouldn't be fair to render all Fanatec wheels useless though...

Pisshead30
11-02-2017, 09:49
Seeing that the game despite the bugs is still playable it wouldn't be fair to render all Fanatec wheels useless though...

Now that Pcars2 hype train has started might aswell leave Pcars alone no point spoiling the fun for Fanatec people

Konan
11-02-2017, 09:52
Now that Pcars2 hype train has started might aswell leave Pcars alone no point spoiling the fun for Fanatec people

It's not about leaving Pcars though...game breaking issues are (despite what many think) still being worked on and will be fixed if and when possible...

Pisshead30
11-02-2017, 10:02
It's not about leaving Pcars though...game breaking issues are (despite what many think) still being worked on and will be fixed if and when possible...

Oh cool glad to here that