PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded from the PS site, nothing seems to work, wish I'd bought the disk.

Seafire
25-12-2016, 14:54
The only game I have for a new PS4 pro , took a couple of hours to download 24gig of GOTY and as I'm on my own today, (yes not ideal). So I thought I'd get back into Nordscheliefer, but it won't work!
List of issues.

Only Dubai and LMP1 available everything else locked, including career mode
Tried Dubai but new thrustmaster RS300 not working
Tried to go into options, but no option for this wheel
Tried to go back to main menu, won't go backwards with the "O" on the remote
Can't navigate in the menu option,
Has a download bar at the bottom, always stuck at 7% not sure what its for.
Tried rebooting, made no difference but menu bar now at 5% but stuck

I thought this would be polished, feels like first day of RFactor2 but much much worse.

Should i have just bought and downloaded Assetto Corsa?

Totally frustrating

Konan
25-12-2016, 17:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lCLc18JBk

Be sure to close all aps running in the background...
The issue of only being able to play Dubai is a sign that the game hasn't installed completely yet...
Hope this helps...:cool:

Grijo
25-12-2016, 20:17
When I played Pcars for the first time in PS4, this also happened with me. I entered the race, finished and voilá, all the options were open.

Seafire
27-12-2016, 09:50
Yes you were right Konan, when I went back out of the game and checked it was only 25% installed, be nice if the game had notified me of that. Anyway had another go at 100% install and still can't use the wheel. I can get into Career mode and 125cc Karts no problem, but still no wheel support. I can't access controls section at the far top right of the main menu, I can see the corner of it but the controller won't skip across that far. This is a Thrustmaster wheel! surely by now it should be recognised? It does all the spins and hoops when plugged in to the PS4, but no avail, but can't understand why I can't reach the controller setup in the main menu, took soooo long to download and wasted so much time, wish I'd just driven 5 miles and bought the disk or bought Assetto Corsa which looks just as good.

Konan
27-12-2016, 10:07
It's been a while since i owned a wheel but IIRC you have to use the controller first before you can setup the wheel...

Edit: oh wait...i see you are using the controller already...

Konan
27-12-2016, 10:11
In the main menu...did you push the R1 button?
That should get you to the next screen where the settings are...

morpwr
27-12-2016, 19:17
It's been a while since i owned a wheel but IIRC you have to use the controller first before you can setup the wheel...

Edit: oh wait...i see you are using the controller already...

Nope. Plug the wheel in first so the game recognizes it when it starts. You don't need the controller at all. Which is good because the kids always stole mine. Then just go to the section to calibrate the wheel and pedals.

Konan
27-12-2016, 19:21
Nope. Plug the wheel in first so the game recognizes it when it starts. You don't need the controller at all. Which is good because the kids always stole mine. Then just go to the section to calibrate the wheel and pedals.

See...Told you it's been a while...:cool:

morpwr
27-12-2016, 19:22
Yes you were right Konan, when I went back out of the game and checked it was only 25% installed, be nice if the game had notified me of that. Anyway had another go at 100% install and still can't use the wheel. I can get into Career mode and 125cc Karts no problem, but still no wheel support. I can't access controls section at the far top right of the main menu, I can see the corner of it but the controller won't skip across that far. This is a Thrustmaster wheel! surely by now it should be recognised? It does all the spins and hoops when plugged in to the PS4, but no avail, but can't understand why I can't reach the controller setup in the main menu, took soooo long to download and wasted so much time, wish I'd just driven 5 miles and bought the disk or bought Assetto Corsa which looks just as good.

They are both good and worth having. P cars is definitely a better looking game probably the best but ac is good.

morpwr
27-12-2016, 19:28
The only game I have for a new PS4 pro , took a couple of hours to download 24gig of GOTY and as I'm on my own today, (yes not ideal). So I thought I'd get back into Nordscheliefer, but it won't work!
List of issues.

Only Dubai and LMP1 available everything else locked, including career mode
Tried Dubai but new thrustmaster RS300 not working
Tried to go into options, but no option for this wheel
Tried to go back to main menu, won't go backwards with the "O" on the remote
Can't navigate in the menu option,
Has a download bar at the bottom, always stuck at 7% not sure what its for.
Tried rebooting, made no difference but menu bar now at 5% but stuck

I thought this would be polished, feels like first day of RFactor2 but much much worse.

Should i have just bought and downloaded Assetto Corsa?

Totally frustrating

Just saw you have a thrustmaster wheel. Make sure it has the latest firmware and set the fan to run all the time so it cools properly.

wyldanimal
28-12-2016, 16:16
Use the DS4 to Start up the PS4.
plug in your Wheel, and Press the PS button.
Once the Wheel can be used in the Menus, then TURN off the DS4 ( Long Press the PS button, select Devices, turn of )
now Start pCars using Only the Wheel.
after the Logo screens, you will get press X to Start.
Press X only from the Wheel to Start pCars.

( not sure why, but Sometimes if the DS4 is left on, it Becomes the Input Device and then the Wheel is not responsive )
So I always, turn off my DS4, after the Wheel is active on the PS4's menus.
Only Time I turn on the DS4 with pCars is if I'm recording a Replay, and I use it to move the camera around.

pCars is a Much Better racing experience than AC.
the physics in AC might be a bit better, but it's No way Near a complete Game, like pCars is..
Both are good to Have. AC will Improve.

Haiden
04-01-2017, 12:37

IIRC, starting the game before it's fully loaded can make the installation kind of wonky. I remember people having issues with their installs after partial starts. They reported that uninstalling and deleting all local content, then letting the full installation run, clear up any problems they were having.