PDA

View Full Version : beginner with G29 and Project cars

EP3_TYPER
30-12-2016, 10:15
Hi All,

Apologies, but another G29 and project cars beginner here!

I bought my G29 last night, quite overwhelmed with all the settings, but managed to use some advice on here which has been great, but, one question:

I've calibrated the wheel, pedals. I set the car to manual gearing, but for some reason when i race the paddle shifts do not work, i have the clutch pressed down and the car in game will coast, but unable to change gear. I know the paddles work as they work when selecting accross in the main menu! Any ideas what i might have set up incorrectly?

any advice would be great, many thanks in advance,

L.

Python-Five
30-12-2016, 10:26
The peddles are not assigned to shift gear up or gear down. You need to go to the button assignments and assign gear up and gear down to the peddles. Besides, when using paddles, you do not have to use the clutch. It is automatic... You only use the clutch when driving with a H-pattern gear shifter.

EP3_TYPER
30-12-2016, 10:37
The peddles are not assigned to shift gear up or gear down. You need to go to the button assignments and assign gear up and gear down to the peddles. Besides, when using paddles, you do not have to use the clutch. It is automatic... You only use the clutch when driving with a H-pattern gear shifter.

Python, thank you so much buddy, i will give this a go when i'm home!

thanks again,

Ryzza5
30-12-2016, 13:22
Some behaviour may also depend on which cars you select - i.e. make sur eyou pick a car that has paddle-shifters (i.e. GT3 instead of historic).

EP3_TYPER
30-12-2016, 15:49
Some behaviour may also depend on which cars you select - i.e. make sur eyou pick a car that has paddle-shifters (i.e. GT3 instead of historic).

good shout also Ryzza! thanks buddy.

John Hargreaves
31-12-2016, 09:39
The paddle shift will work on all cars - road, historic etc, but make sure you go into edit assignments and assign all the functions there. So set right paddle for shift up etc. Even if it appears to be on the correct assignment in that screen, it's worth reminding the game as it can sometimes 'forget'. As mentioned above you can use auto clutch with paddles (set in gameplay menu I think but defaults to on anyway), it's certainly quicker and easier, then go full manual clutch when you get a shifter.
The G29 can pretty much operate all the functions in the game from the buttons on the wheel. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Petecthom
10-03-2017, 21:14
Hi I realise this is an old post now. I've just bought a G29. I have the same issue with the paddles. I know I need to go and assign them to the shift up and down in edit assignment. The problem I seem to be having is that when I go down to try and change this, because my paddles are effectively acting as L1 and R1, when I try this it doesn't seem to recognise them and instead scrolls me back and forward across the top menu (which you move left and right using L1 and R1 with). Am I missing something about how you allocate different "buttons" to the various options. All I know is it's very very frustrating. I am slumming it in automatic mode at the moment :-(

John Hargreaves
11-03-2017, 12:46
You should be able to navigate up and down the choices in the menus using the D-pad on the left, then press the X button on the right, it will then ask you to choose the input for that particular function, so then click the paddle (or whichever button you are assigning), and it should save it. It will auto save all the settings when you exit out of the edit assignments menu. L1 and R1 tend to be for tabbing between various options along the top of the categories. See if that helps :)

Petecthom
11-03-2017, 17:43
Thanks. I'm on a PS4. I use the D-pad to go to the shift up and shift down options. But if I press X when I'm there it just assigns X to that action. It doesn't bring up anything asking me to chose the input for that function. By default X is set to handbrake and it just removes it from there and changes to the shift input if I press X when I'm trying to chose a different input......