PDA

View Full Version : iRacing fans say Porsche is coming.

Stewy32
01-01-2017, 10:22
Upon the announcement of Porsche coming to iRacing everyone was saying "first Assetto, now iRacing, next Project CARS".The majority of people on iRacing &YouTube are saying this.But do you think so?

My opinion
I want Porsche as long as they are at an equal and are not made out as a special manufacturer.

DreamsKnight
01-01-2017, 10:46
Happy reading
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-certain-about

I have all the Porsche in AC. Never been a Porsche fan, they have 3-4 good iconic racing model and then all 911-looking like.
I had to read names to recognize the model.

bigal1000
01-01-2017, 12:57
No Thanks .............

MaximusN
01-01-2017, 13:15
Happy reading
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-certain-about

I have all the Porsche in AC. Never been a Porsche fan, they are 3 -4 good racing model and then all' 911-looking
I had to read names to recognize the model.

Me neither and I still have to buy the Porsche pack. What bugs me it that it misses the exact Porsches I DO like. Like the 959,928,968,944 and 924. I don't like the handling of the rear-enders(I realise the 959 is also one, but it's an icon). Never have never will. To me they feel like driving a fast FWD(liftoff/brake oversteer hell) combined with a little devil called super oversteer when you break traction and do manage to cause poweroversteer because of the heavy back end. It's just not the way my driving works and I don't want to adjust to that. :)

Haiden
01-01-2017, 14:29
I love the Porsche pack in AC. They're different to drive, but that's part of the fun of sim racing, trying different cars. I don't have any problem adjusting back and forth. It's not like I'm making a permanent style change, I'm just learning a new car. Like driving an historic era model, or a manual h-shift. Each requires a different touch and driving style. But learning them doesn't ruin or spoil anything in the long run. In fact, I find that learning different cars, makes me a better driver overall.

MaximusN
01-01-2017, 15:32
I love the Porsche pack in AC. They're different to drive, but that's part of the fun of sim racing, trying different cars. I don't have any problem adjusting back and forth. It's not like I'm making a permanent style change, I'm just learning a new car. Like driving an historic era model, or a manual h-shift. Each requires a different touch and driving style. But learning them doesn't ruin or spoil anything in the long run. In fact, I find that learning different cars, makes me a better driver overall.

I can of course adjust, but I get way less enjoyment from that driving style. It's not as bad as FWD(which I can't enjoy at all even if I can be competitive if I put my mind to it), but I don't get a kick out of it. Of all setups I love a well balanced FR(front-engined rear wheel drive) car way above others. Second would be mid-rear.

rosko
01-01-2017, 21:23
I would say the cars in the PP are all quite different from each other to drive, obviously the le-mans race cars differ greatly from the road cars & then the road cars are all very different to each other with various engine placements. Would have been nice to see one of there front engine sports cars in there but I think its still a good selection.

911 Carrera RSR rear engine rwd
991 Carrera S rear engine rwd
935 78 Moby Dick rear engine rwd
911 GT3 RS rear engine rwd
911 R rear engine rwd
911 GT3 R 2016 rear engine rwd
911 GT3 Cup 2017 rear engine rwd
911 Turbo S rear engine awd

718 Spyder RS mid engine rwd
911 GT1 mid engine rwd
919 Hybrid 2015 mid engine rwd/awd
962C Long tail mid engine rwd
962C Short tail mid engine rwd
718 Boxster S mid engine rwd
917 30 mid engine rwd
718 Boxster S pdk mid engine rwd
718 Cayman S mid engine rwd
918 Spyder mid engine awd
Cayman GT4 std mid engine rwd
Cayman GT4 Clubsport mid engine rwd
919 Hybrid 2016 mid engine rwd/awd
917 K mid engine rwd
908 LH mid engine rwd

Cayenne front engine awd
Panamera front engine fwd
Macan front engine awd

Mahjik
01-01-2017, 23:59
So much for that Kunos exclusive.... :beaten:

Scuderia Paul
02-01-2017, 07:45
So much for that Kunos exclusive.... :beaten:
Kunos always said that Assetto Corsa would be the only simulation to feature Porsche in 2016. Their announcement was very carefully worded.

I am very curious to know which models make it to PCars2. With Le Mans and Le Mans Classic set to be included it would be great to get a few old sportscars and the almost guaranteed 919 Hybrid 2016.

Pisshead30
02-01-2017, 10:32
Upon the announcement of Porsche coming to iRacing everyone was saying "first Assetto, now iRacing, next Project CARS".The majority of people on iRacing &YouTube are saying this.But do you think so?

My opinion
I want Porsche as long as they are at an equal and are not made out as a special manufacturer.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-certain-about&p=1317224&viewfull=1#post1317224

As Ian says above 'None of the famous brands are missing' so I presume that will include Porsche, after what was produced in Pcars any manufacture who doesn't want to be included in Pcars2 would be pretty stupid

EHM
08-01-2017, 20:07
I wonder if the EA exclusivity finally being over means Porsche can be included in the base game, or if it will still be only possible by DLC/expansion packs (Whether this is for recovering the price of the license, or of Porsche's demand, or both).

It's going to feel really weird seeing Porsche in Pcars, I cannot wait for the first official screenshots confirming it.

I mean the evidence for it is incredibly strong, Ian himself strongly implying it, EA response saying the Exclusivity has ended, Iracing getting the brand and the leaked screenshot apparently from Pcars 2.

rosko
08-01-2017, 21:01
I think the question is not if but how many cars we get, i'm hoping for a diverse selection of Porsche & Ferrari. I don't think they include a classic lemans track without iconic endurance cars to go with it.