PDA

View Full Version : XBOX/PC/PS4 Crossplatform laptimes comparable?

MX5159
03-01-2017, 18:38
Hi

Quick question, are laptimes comparable cross platform on the game?

Cheers

inthebagbud
03-01-2017, 18:52
This question has caused much debate and under the last esport running the pc was split out from the consoles , but I am not sure there is any empirical evidence as a fully controlled environment would be needed

MX5159
03-01-2017, 19:10
Thanks for the response, ah if that's the case I best do some research of my own! Only a small competition between friends but be nice to know that lap times are actually comparable

Rex191191
04-01-2017, 01:02
There are certainly differences between consoles. I have done time trials on all 3 and am in a group that has all 3 consoles. The PC and PS4 are generally close to each other. I have not found a pattern of one group of cars being faster on one than the other but they are different. Possibly the cars with downforce are better on the PS4 but I don't have enough data yet. The XBox One is always slower. All cars just don't seam to have as much grip.

DECATUR PLAYA
07-01-2017, 23:13
There are certainly differences between consoles. I have done time trials on all 3 and am in a group that has all 3 consoles. The PC and PS4 are generally close to each other. I have not found a pattern of one group of cars being faster on one than the other but they are different. Possibly the cars with downforce are better on the PS4 but I don't have enough data yet. The XBox One is always slower. All cars just don't seam to have as much grip.

This conversation leads me to a question that only the development team or Mr. Bell himself can answer. The biggest problem after the game released for xbox was framerate stutter. If I am not mistaken the consoles could not handle the games original tire physics. It was the original tire physics which was causing the frame rate stutter. For those who weren't there sometimes when braking hard into a corner the car would jump through a frame or frames going immediately from the beginning of a turn to sometimes well past corner exit. So SMS changed the tire physics to suit the consoles to get rid of the frame rate stutter. The original tire physics kicked ass on the Xbox and I always hated the fact that SMS had to dumb down the tire physics to get the game to run properly on Xbox. I think PlayStation has more processing power so they didn't have to dumb them down as much. PC has the necessary processing power to push PCARS to it's limits.

So my question is would the change in tire physics be the difference in lap times from system to system.