PDA

View Full Version : New to Project Cars and G29/wheel stand pro setup

G2Jason
08-01-2017, 19:48
Hell everyone. My name is Jason and my psn ID is G2jason.
I have always been a fan of racing games with entry level ffb wheels but never went further than the sim arcade level. I decided to use Project Cars and Dirt Rally as my stepping stone and all I can say is WOW!!
Practice and trolling this forum has helped immensely. Midway through my first career with some assists on I decide to take a break and focus on one car and one track with assists set to real and AI to 50. So off to Oulton Park International in a BMW 2002 Stanceworks I went. Much like Dirt Rally what a humbling experience. I eventually found a setup from the database that I was actually able to win in against AI 60. I raced in that car for days I forgot anything else existed. Then I decided to try the GT4 cars. After a race in the Beamer I jumped in the Ginetta and OH MY GOODNESS. With AI up to 70 and realistic assist I started from the pole and finished 2nd (I buckled under pressure) . I LOVE THIS GAME! It's so brutal and rewarding. And with the addition of the crew chief app and dashboard on my portable devices the experience is superb!!
Thanks for letting me share. Happy New Year and God bless!

Mowzer
08-01-2017, 19:53
Welcome glad you are enjoying playing :) I also treated myself to logitech but a G920 for my Xbox ans i modified my wheelstand pro to fit but whatva difference such a great game:).

Konan
08-01-2017, 19:58
Practice and trolling this forum has helped immensely.

Welcome to the forum...but i do hope you meant Strolling....:rolleyes:

G2Jason
08-01-2017, 19:59
Lol. Yes strolling. Or lurking.

poirqc
09-01-2017, 13:08
Lol. Yes strolling. Or lurking.

I would call you the worst troll on this side of the fence with only 2 positive posts! :D

hkraft300
09-01-2017, 13:38
All the cars are amazing to drive in this game. I don't particularly like racing the Audi A1 or the Evos but they're still fun for handbrake skids. Don't be shy of the invitationals: you'll surely discover some favourites.
McLaren GT3 is pleasant. Check out the setup database (projectcarssetups.eu) for some tunes.