PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette Question: Qualifying - Hot Lap vs. Out Lap

DMackVB757
10-01-2017, 22:02
I get pissed off when people crowd me on my hot lap. I always make space on the track in front of me during my out lap and some jack-ass always pulls right up on my bumper coming out the pits. I don't care if you're 1/2 second faster, you're on your out lap and it doesn't count. Back off and I'll let you pass as soon as I make my time on the stretch.

Am I mistaken? Should out lap people yield to hot lappers and make their own space? Don't get me wrong, if both people are on a hot lap I would definitely respect the faster person me and let them pass. Should Qualifying come with a different set of etiquette rules? When I watch Q sessions on real racing, they always spread out.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?

P.S. Why can't I get my microphone to work? This would be very helpful for these types of situations.

Schnizz58
10-01-2017, 22:22
While you're in the pits, you can go to Monitor and then display the track map. It will show the positions of the other cars so that you can (hopefully) wait for a gap in traffic to come along.

FS7
10-01-2017, 22:55
Some qualifying basics:
-Check the monitor/map to see other car's position on the track, don't leave the pits the exact moment somebody is starting their flying lap and block them on turn 1.
-If you're on your outlap you should stay the hell out of the way, stay off the racing line, slow down and let people on their flying lap pass you easily.
-Before starting a flying lap you should make sure there's nobody close in front of you, slow down and leave some space if needed, fighting for position in quali is dumb and bad for everybody involved, it's waste of time, tyres & fuel.

Unfortunately not everybody has common sense and follows any rules in quali or race.

racesafegrandad
11-01-2017, 13:28
A percentage of the people that race in Project Cars are just out to play bumper cars or have no interest whatsoever in real Motorsport. Its just the price we have to pay for racing online.

Mahjik
11-01-2017, 14:09
Am I mistaken? Should out lap people yield to hot lappers and make their own space? Don't get me wrong, if both people are on a hot lap I would definitely respect the faster person me and let them pass. Should Qualifying come with a different set of etiquette rules? When I watch Q sessions on real racing, they always spread out.

Most public races, the drivers don't actually understand real racing etiquette. Most of them are just gamers who enjoy playing pCARS. If you were to join a league, you would see the behavior you are desiring.

Cholton82
11-01-2017, 17:42
I even do this with the Ai , not that they give 2 hoots about me !

FS7
11-01-2017, 18:49
I even do this with the Ai , not that they give 2 hoots about me !
For qualifying against AI the "private qualifying" option that some PC sims have is very useful imo, it would be nice if PCars2 included that option.

Schnizz58
11-01-2017, 20:17
For qualifying against AI the "private qualifying" option that some PC sims have is very useful imo, it would be nice if PCars2 included that option.
That would be useful but I don't really mind sharing the track with the AI during qualy most of the time. The exception is when there is a really short track. Then there sometimes isn't room for everybody.

I usually let them all go before I pull out of the pits. That way I can enjoy my warmup lap in peace and let a big gap build between me and the car in front. Then when I'm ready for my flying lap, there's nobody in front of me.

Cholton82
11-01-2017, 21:33
Useful but massively unrealistic , making space for yourself and banging in the lap time at the right moment make it exciting . Catching a car in sector 3 when your setting purple sectors is frustrating but it's part of Motorsport .

DMackVB757
12-01-2017, 21:54
Most public races, the drivers don't actually understand real racing etiquette. Most of them are just gamers who enjoy playing pCARS. If you were to join a league, you would see the behavior you are desiring.

I can't find a Formula A league. Anybody know of a good Formula A league? I browse the league index from time to time but I never see a Formula A class available.

(I will repost this request on the multiplayer event forum)

Konan
13-01-2017, 05:09
I can't find a Formula A league. Anybody know of a good Formula A league? I browse the league index from time to time but I never see a Formula A class available.

(I will repost this request on the multiplayer event forum)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48665-PRD-is-looking-for-drivers!

theothermexico
13-01-2017, 12:31
I've always gone by hot lap = headlights on.
If I'm on an out lap or resetting temps I'll keep them off.
So if I see a car coming with lights on I move aside as soon as I can and the better drivers I've come across do the same.
If it's wet or dark I'll flash them a number of times.