PDA

View Full Version : FPS / Frametimes ingame

Flasher
11-01-2017, 21:42
Hey guys,

is there any way to get a FPS Counter or Frametime graph ingame with an Oculus Rift? The performance overlay of the oculus debug tool is completely obstructing the view, and without some kind of realtime data on performance, I won't be able to tune the graphic settings just right.

DaWorstPlaya
14-01-2017, 19:12
I wish they would implement this as well. It would be very useful when tweaking the Graphics.

Menacer
15-01-2017, 11:14
Me 3!

It might need to be an in game thing because my frame counter works but only on the reprojected screen on my monitor...

Flasher
16-01-2017, 21:31
The same for me - Steam, Fraps, Afterburner and even OCAT are only showing FPS on the 2D Screen. That's a real bummer.

Siberian Tiger
16-01-2017, 22:24
I think this is more something that you should post in the Oculus Forums...

It seems that an FPS Counter in Rift ist whished often...

Menacer
17-01-2017, 05:49
I think this is more something that you should post in the Oculus Forums...

No cuz its on all HMDs... I think its something with how steam works... the HMD's screen only shows overlays from the vive and oculus software.

Anyone know why this is?

Siberian Tiger
17-01-2017, 11:31
No cuz its on all HMDs... I think its something with how steam works... the HMD's screen only shows overlays from the vive and oculus software.

And that is exactly the Reason, why Oculus should implement an FPS Overlay ;)

JesseDeya
19-02-2017, 21:18
Sorry to cross post, but I just posted this in another thread asking a similar question.

If you have an Oculus Rift then definitely check out the Oculus Tray Tool made by ApollyonVR over at the Oculus forums.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/...s-hopefully/p1

It allows you to easily display the FPS hud in the headset, as well as see pixel density settings (super sampling), and also toggle Asynchronous Space Warp. The reason it's awesome is because he has added in voice commands, so you can use the microphone in your Rift to toggle this on the fly. I use it all the time to check FPS and how much spare capacity my rig has, then toggle it off again so it's not in my vision.

It's not as good as a permanent FPS counter, but it's a great option to at least check FPS that works in every title. Being able to toggle it on and off quickly with just a couple of words is amazing.

Olijke Poffer
06-12-2017, 19:16
Sorry to cross post, but I just posted this in another thread asking a similar question.

If you have an Oculus Rift then definitely check out the Oculus Tray Tool made by ApollyonVR over at the Oculus forums.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/...s-hopefully/p1

It allows you to easily display the FPS hud in the headset, as well as see pixel density settings (super sampling), and also toggle Asynchronous Space Warp. The reason it's awesome is because he has added in voice commands, so you can use the microphone in your Rift to toggle this on the fly. I use it all the time to check FPS and how much spare capacity my rig has, then toggle it off again so it's not in my vision.

It's not as good as a permanent FPS counter, but it's a great option to at least check FPS that works in every title. Being able to toggle it on and off quickly with just a couple of words is amazing.

Bit late on reaction but I downloaded the tool myself. I see a lot of info on my screen but no FPS counter. Do I miss something?

And without this tool, how in the world can we see the FPS when it only is shown on the monitor and not via the Rift. When I”m driving I can’t take of my headset to take at the fps on the monitor of course.

Mad Al
06-12-2017, 20:56
Bit late on reaction but I downloaded the tool myself. I see a lot of info on my screen but no FPS counter. Do I miss something?

And without this tool, how in the world can we see the FPS when it only is shown on the monitor and not via the Rift. When IĒm driving I canít take of my headset to take at the fps on the monitor of course.

Oculus debug tool can show a performance graph.. it's a bit of a pain as it's fairly central on the Rift, but you can drive with it enough to test how well your machine holds up under different test.

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe

Select performance under visible HUD

(I think that's right anyway)

and make sure to turn it off after use, or it stays there even after shutting the Debug tool!