PDA

View Full Version : Name not showing on Career mode

Colonicus
18-01-2017, 00:01
My second name is just showing as ****** in Career Mode.

Any idea what's going on?
I did think maybe profanity filter but my second name is Walker so I doubt it. Unless I'm missing something...

Mahjik
18-01-2017, 14:06
It's the profanity filter. Sometimes it flags valid names as profanity.

Also, if you are on PS4, go into your Profile here on the forum and change your Platform to PS4 (just to make sure people don't get confused as to what gaming platform you are using for pCARS).

Colonicus
18-01-2017, 16:48
Good point on the platform.

So how is my name getting filtered? Is not got anything obvious in the middle so it feels like a bug.

Mahjik
18-01-2017, 16:54
Good point on the platform.

So how is my name getting filtered? Is not got anything obvious in the middle so it feels like a bug.

I'm not a developer so I cannot answer that. I can answer that you are not the only one affected by it.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48349-Profanity-filter-at-its-best&highlight=Profanity+Filter

Bealdor
18-01-2017, 17:50
It seems to be that every name is filtered that includes an "a". In your case "Walker".

Colonicus
18-01-2017, 21:09
I'm not a developer so I cannot answer that. I can answer that you are not the only one affected by it.

Thanks for that, hadn't found anything with others having the same issue.
Its got to be a bug, but I guess it's not going to get fixed now as it's been in game for ages.