PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling game, then reinstalling (PS4) - what settings are saved?

Mascot
20-01-2017, 16:19
PS4:
I'm trying to resolve an issue with companion app UDP packets only updating once every second, and think I need to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if there's an in-game error with the UDP setting locked to the setting '9'. I spent a looooooong time setting up cars and dialling in FFB settings, PoV, seat positions, visual settings etc etc and I don't really want to lose all that. Does anyone know what gets lost when you uninstall/reinstall? Will I also have to download all the DLC?
To reiterate, this is on PS4.

Thanks in advance.

Mascot
20-01-2017, 18:02
All of your settings will be saved if you backup your profile to a usb stick before uninstalling the game. After you reinstall the game and allow the 10.0 update to completely download delete your new profile, copy your saved profile from usb stick to the game and go to the PS Store and download your paid dlc and free stuff. I have done it every time there was a game update without any problems.

I'll give that a go - many thanks!

Mascot
20-01-2017, 18:06
All of your settings will be saved if you backup your profile to a usb stick before uninstalling the game. After you reinstall the game and allow the 10.0 update to completely download delete your new profile, copy your saved profile from usb stick to the game and go to the PS Store and download your paid dlc and free stuff. I have done it every time there was a game update without any problems.

Just to clarify, did you mean back up my entire profile (as per these instructions http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/backup.html), or is there a way to just back up my pCARS profile?

Mascot
20-01-2017, 20:02
To copy and save your existing profile: Start the PS4, insert a USB stick, go to settings, Application saved data management, saved data in system storage, copy to USB storage device, select Project Cars, enter, place check mark in box, copy, yes. After version 10 is completely downloaded: Delete the new profile from settings, application saved data management, saved data in storage system. To load your existing saved profile: settings, application saved data management, saved data on USB storage device, copy to system storage, select Project Cars, enter, copy. Go to PS Store, download your dlc and free items one at a time. You are done and all settings will be just like they were before you uninstalled the game.

Thank you very much! Just in time, I was about to do it wrong. :)

maxx69
21-01-2017, 18:18
You don't need to do any of that , just save to cloud and after re-installing just go to saved data management and download game saves from the cloud again ....simple .
I've done it a few times , the last time I decided to have a fresh start because of all the bugs and seem to be bug free . I can always download saves from the cloud again if I wanted

maxx69
22-01-2017, 18:43
Yes maxx, that will work as well however, many of us don't trust the cloud or know how it works. Seems like magic to me. Using the USB stick you can copy from it and to it offline.

Really , you don't trust it ? It's a storage cloud and works perfectly and it's free . Never had an issue with it and if I can work it anyone can , it's self explanatory ....upload to cloud and download again , you can set it to upload game saves automatically .
Whatever you find easiest , but no need not to trust it ....honest :)

hkraft300
22-01-2017, 23:19
Remember to uncheck the box for pcars to auto-backup/save to cloud.
Otherwise your good game save will be overwritten by a corrupt one.