PDA

View Full Version : PCars available as free "Games with Gold" X1 title in February

WoodyLizard
24-01-2017, 20:01
Hello fellow race fans. Project CARS is going to be free with gold next month. Hope to see some more action in the more quality side of racers then the wreaking type. Fingers crossed.

Pisshead30
24-01-2017, 21:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xxgy4YGXc

This the one advantage XBOX will always have over PLAYSTATION. Superior free games for your 40!!
PS+ games are pathetic compared to what is offered on XBOX live

FS7
24-01-2017, 23:48
https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/24/project-cars-is-one-of-your-games-with-gold-freebies-for-february/

For those of you who own a X1 + XBL Gold and still haven't got the game this is a deal you should not miss.

Konan
25-01-2017, 08:00

This the one advantage XBOX will always have over PLAYSTATION. Superior free games for your 40!!

True...but there's also "Playstation Now"which offers 300+ games for a minor price monthly....including many Ps3 games playable on the Ps4 (Mafia2,Red dead redemption,silent hill collection to name a few) :cool:
Even old sega games like "Super hang on" are available...:cool:

Bealdor
25-01-2017, 08:04
Threads merged.

Schadows
25-01-2017, 08:23
PS+ games are pathetic compared to what is offered on XBOX liveIndeed. I have a PS4 and a Vita, but PS+ is mostly useless in term of offered games. During the PS3 era, it was another story, but at that time, SOny had to bring back its customers, unlike now.

ShneebnaMRR108
25-01-2017, 16:20
Would there be any advantage of getting this digital version vs. the disc that I already have?

Mowzer
25-01-2017, 17:00
I would not think it would make any difference mate as the disk version installs to HDD the same as the digital version unless it is the game if the year version it may be different ;).

JessicaWalter
25-01-2017, 18:02

i have both and prefer the ps free games over the xbox free games, by far (but in general i prefer the ps catalog of games over the xbox games, so there's some bias). obviously February is a different story.

ShneebnaMRR108
25-01-2017, 18:54
OK, Got it.

breyzipp
26-01-2017, 00:15
Would there be any advantage of getting this digital version vs. the disc that I already have?

The advantage is that you don't need to insert the disk anymore. :) And also, the game would be saved to your account. If in the future you will sell your disk, you can always re-download the digital version.

If the 20-30 GB or what is it download size is no problem, IMO most definitely download it.

ShneebnaMRR108
26-01-2017, 15:25
I rekon it would be a time saver to not have to load a disc every time.

odemode
03-02-2017, 17:25
I see Project Cars is free this month for all XBOX live gold members. I've been playing this game every week since it launched and I run a very successful league and club because of this brilliant game. I know the game has had its issues and it still does obtain bugs that sadly won't be fixed but since its becoming free DLC does it not make sense to send out another patch so the new players won't be put off by the bugs that are still there? The game is in my eyes THE best SIM racer on console currently and if these new players experience it with out the bugs then surely they're going to go out and purchase Project Cars 2.

Its just a thought. I haven't posted here on a while as I'm happy with how the game runs and I've learned to accept the minor bugs that are still there. Do MODS still read players posts on here? I tried signing up to Project Cars 2 forum to post this but registration is currently unavailable.

Anyway, I've said this before and I'll say it again.........GREAT GAME!!

SRL Dirt (XBOX GT)

Bealdor
04-02-2017, 13:28
Threads merged.

odemode
07-02-2017, 16:58
Pretty pointless post really. As if SMS are going to even bother with pCars 1 now......................oh well

ao1977
08-02-2017, 13:38
The advantage is that you don't need to insert the disk anymore. :)
Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I read about pCARS being released in GwG.
I sometimes catch myself being too lazy to heave my ass out of my playseat challenge to switch the disks of pCARS and Dirt Rallye.
So in a few days I'll just leave the DR disk in my Xbox and switch between AC, PC, DR and F1 whenever I want. Rejoice! :)

Pisshead30
08-02-2017, 13:47
I already have the game on my PS4 but will download on my Forza6 xbox1 on 16th too

Robbo-92
09-02-2017, 11:37
Looks like I'll finally get around to giving Project CARS a go then :)

Pisshead30
18-02-2017, 21:53
Is it just me or is the game super slow on xbox1? When I change settings its really slow saving compared to when I do the same thing on my ps4.
Maybe cos I have the disc version on ps4 and download on xbox1?

Roger Prynne
19-02-2017, 00:48
I think that's well known on the xbox.

JessicaWalter
19-02-2017, 01:06
Is it just me or is the game super slow on xbox1? When I change settings its really slow saving compared to when I do the same thing on my ps4.

i have digital on ps4 and i noticed that on my x1 version also. with the dlc being $30 tho im actually thinking about just buying the goty edition at gamestop for $30. i miss too many dlc cars and tracks. i need the dallara and rouen and bannochbrae and the stanceworks...among other things, lol.

nissan4ever
20-02-2017, 00:06

Some have experienced slow saving. However, my digital copy has never done that.

Kahdir
01-03-2017, 03:18
Was excited for this game prior to it's launch but DriveClub (PS4) ruined that for me, so much so that I purchased an XB1 for Forza Horizon 2... FH2 kept me pretty busy and DriveClub finally got their $h!+ together, so Project Cars fell off the radar.
Much to my surprise, PC2 was free this month on XBL. Saw there were '90s style stock cars in the game only to be disappointed that there are no ovals :(

Roger Prynne
01-03-2017, 10:33
Was excited for this game prior to it's launch but DriveClub (PS4) ruined that for me, so much so that I purchased an XB1 for Forza Horizon 2... FH2 kept me pretty busy and DriveClub finally got their $h!+ together, so Project Cars fell off the radar.
Much to my surprise, PC2 was free this month on XBL. Saw there were '90s style stock cars in the game only to be disappointed that there are no ovals :(

You mean PC1 :D

Pcars Driver 44
01-03-2017, 17:49
PC2 Free on Xbox ?I want it lol! And here's me waiting patiently for it to come out in Septemberish ��. Hey and willing to paid good hard earned cash for it. Look when PC2 does come out I think we will all be more than impressed and I for one can't wait ��

JessicaWalter
02-03-2017, 11:46

i bought driveclub while i was waiting for pcars to be released. i was extremely disappointed (edit: they cant patch my issues with it. it was designed for a different audience). i bought horizon 3 shortly after i got an x1 since i had no racing games for it yet, played it for a bit and went back to pcars on ps4. now that it was a GWG i have it on both. i really don't enjoy arcade racing games for very long but pcars i can just race and lose track of time while trying to find time on the track. assetto and f1 2016 are great, too.

speedmeister
10-03-2017, 13:35
I very badly wanted to get the $30 ALL DLC the game has to offer. After investing a lot of time in honing my driving skills in the game, I'm absolutely hooked.

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on the DLC cos' the guy who sends me redeemable codes is not answering his phone/emails.

I don't suppose anybody is kind or generous enough to give away a $30 gift card? :D

Yeah right... :shame:

Konan
11-03-2017, 13:04
I don't suppose anybody is kind or generous enough to give away a $30 gift card? :D

Yeah right... :shame:

Question asked.........and answered :p