PDA

View Full Version : Off-road racing in PC2...Why?

TerminatorGR
26-01-2017, 12:38
As you probably know, Dirt 4 was announced today, it has the official Rallycross Championship licence and it is coming this summer.

It just got me thinking, why oh why did SMS add off-road racing in Project Cars 2? Nobody wants it and nobody asked for it. Why not leave off-road to the Dirts of this world and not double down on the track motorsports that the first game did so well? Why not take advantage of GT racing's huge explosion of popularity in recent years and give us the ultimate GT (and formula, touring etc) sim racer? I dont understand the fascination with off-road racing.

At the end of the day, I am just afraid Project Cars 2 will be a jack of all trades but master of none. Of course there is nothing I want more than to be proved wrong about this.

FS7
26-01-2017, 12:56
Nobody wants it and nobody asked for it.
?????

Mascot
26-01-2017, 13:02
I'm guessing it's to broaden the game's appeal and to eventually make pCARS a one-stop shop for motorsport. Personally I'm with you on this, I'd have preferred pCARS 2 to concentrate on tarmac motorsport as there are already dedicated loose-surface games out there (Dirt Rally and the incoming Dirt 4) that will probably offer a deeper experience. Those resources could have put towards more cars, tracks or features to enhance tarmac racing even further. From what I've seen though pCARS won't be offering a diluted tarmac experience because of rallycross or ice racing. Quite the opposite, in fact.

cluck
26-01-2017, 13:21
?????Yep, never confuse "I" with "everybody". If SMS didn't think people would want it, they wouldn't bother looking at doing it.

Personally, I'm not that bothered. If it's included, it will be something I might look at out of curiosity and not touch again or, who knows, I might love it and play a lot of it. That's the thing about choice, we don't have to use something if we don't want to but it also broadens our horizons :).

TerminatorGR
26-01-2017, 13:30
Yep, never confuse "I" with "everybody". If SMS didn't think people would want it, they wouldn't bother looking at doing it.

Personally, I'm not that bothered. If it's included, it will be something I might look at out of curiosity and not touch again or, who knows, I might love it and play a lot of it. That's the thing about choice, we don't have to use something if we don't want to but it also broadens our horizons :).It's not about choice, it's about pointless stuff like off-road racing taking up resources that could be used for the game's main features to make them even better.

Bealdor
26-01-2017, 13:35
It's not about choice, it's about pointless stuff like off-road racing taking up resources that could be used for the game's main features to make them even better.

It's not pointless just because you personally don't care about it...

Diamond_Eyes
26-01-2017, 13:35
+ will there be the karts in pCars2??
same argument about karts taking up content/resources

Mascot
26-01-2017, 13:41
+ will there be the karts in pCars2??
same argument about karts taking up content/resources

Karts... and ovals... and rallycross... and ice racing... and road cars... and... in fact I don't care for anything that isn't a GT3 car on a proper tarmac race track.

I'll still be buying pCARS 2 though, even though I'll only be using 20% of it... :)

cluck
26-01-2017, 13:44
For a lot of people you could take away weather and time of day aswell. What are you then left with? Project GT3 with no weather or day/night cycle. A hollow shell of a game that nobody will buy because there's absolutely nothing unique about a "me also" game/sim. SMS dare to be different and instead of berating them for it, we should applaud them.

Roel de Meulder
26-01-2017, 13:45
Nobody wants it and nobody asked for it.

I think that applies to your opinion more than it does to off-road racing in pCARS2...

cluck
26-01-2017, 13:49
I think that applies to your opinion more than it does to off-road racing in pCARS2...https://i.imgflip.com/ip2hz.gif

(made me giggle at least)

Bealdor
26-01-2017, 13:54
Come on guys, there's no need for that kind of response...

Konan
26-01-2017, 13:59
What could be more easy (read cost effective)than having all those disciplines combined in one game rather than to have to buy several...
As a personal opinion (and being Belgian) i welcome rally cross with open arms...:cool:

Mascot
26-01-2017, 14:13
For a lot of people you could take away weather and time of day aswell. What are you then left with? Project GT3 with no weather or day/night cycle. A hollow shell of a game that nobody will buy because there's absolutely nothing unique about a "me also" game/sim. SMS dare to be different and instead of berating them for it, we should applaud them.

Absolutely. And I'm sure tech gets developed or physics get explored in, say, ice racing that can improve the tarmac experience.

It'd be interesting to see how many players use the karts regularly in pCARS though (maybe SMS have stats?) because I don't personally know anyone who likes them. I know they are kind of necessary in the context of the career but for a lot of players they see X number of vehicles and X number of tracks they'll rarely use, so there will always be thoughts of 'wasted resources' from a purely personal and purely selfish viewpoint. It's human nature. I get that feeling in games like Uncharted or Tomb Raider where I'm only interested in the campaign and not the multiplayer, but have to remember that the game might not have been made at all if it wasn't for the broad appeal that those 'useless-to-me' features bring.

If pCARS was just a pure-bred GT racer with dynamic weather and ToD and offering a deep career and the same race weekend experience then I'd probably be thrilled, but the fans of open wheelers, ovals, road cars, karts etc etc certainly would not. And you know what? pCARS is a pure-bred GT racer for me, because that's the way I choose to play it.

RomKnight
26-01-2017, 14:27
My mistake thinking this type of... "talk" was only related to ovals that I (read *everybody*) don't care about.

/sarcasm

cluck
26-01-2017, 14:51
Absolutely. And I'm sure tech gets developed or physics get explored in, say, ice racing that can improve the tarmac experience.

It'd be interesting to see how many players use the karts regularly in pCARS though (maybe SMS have stats?) because I don't personally know anyone who likes them. I know they are kind of necessary in the context of the career but for a lot of players they see X number of vehicles and X number of tracks they'll rarely use, so there will always be thoughts of 'wasted resources' from a purely personal and purely selfish viewpoint. It's human nature. I get that feeling in games like Uncharted or Tomb Raider where I'm only interested in the campaign and not the multiplayer, but have to remember that the game might not have been made at all if it wasn't for the broad appeal that those 'useless-to-me' features bring.

If pCARS was just a pure-bred GT racer with dynamic weather and ToD and offering a deep career and the same race weekend experience then I'd probably be thrilled, but the fans of open wheelers, ovals, road cars, karts etc etc certainly would not. And you know what? pCARS is a pure-bred GT racer for me, because that's the way I choose to play it.I couldn't have put it better myself :).

If everybody got to vote on "the one thing I'd remove from Project CARS because it doesn't interest me", there would be no game left at all. Nothing, zilch, nada. You'd get the Project CARS 2 box home and inside would be just a paper note from the developers saying "We asked everybody what they didn't want to see return in Project CARS 2 and that left us with nothing so here it is, an empty box".

Mahjik
26-01-2017, 15:11
Keep in mind that SMS is creating a sim that "they" themselves want to drive. As such, they enjoy all aspects of racing.

The other benefit is that anything they might do around off-road physics can still benefit those who only like tarmac racing (i.e. the tire behavior when a tire leaves the tarmac for whatever reason).

Dakpilot
26-01-2017, 15:30
Keep in mind that SMS is creating a sim that "they" themselves want to drive. As such, they enjoy all aspects of racing.

The other benefit is that anything they might do around off-road physics can still benefit those who only like tarmac racing (i.e. the tire behavior when a tire leaves the tarmac for whatever reason).

This is important, everyone who has done any track racing has done a bit of off road, and poor 'off track' physics is one of the big complaints among all sims

Cheers Dakpilot

Sankyo
26-01-2017, 16:15
Why off-road racing in pC2? Because it's great fun when done with proper physics and great graphics, sound and AI...

gregc
26-01-2017, 16:34
One reason I'm looking forward to Rallycross is this kind of thing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6xbHI8TgbI

Seriously - 600bhp 4WD rockets, racing doorhandle to doorhandle on mixed surfaces? Yes please :D

Rex Racer 65
26-01-2017, 17:23
I would only echo the concern of PC2 being jack of all trades and master to none when adding the complexity of off-road surfaces. My hope is that SMS is concentrating on improved physics and FFB to provide a driving experience more like Assetto Corsa. I've enjoyed PC1 thoroughly and think SMS did an amazing job providing great breadth cars, classes and tracks. But, after driving in AC for a while, the physics and FFB in PC1 feel disappointing - not to mention the FFB in PC1 is laborious to setup for every damn car where as in AC it's just there "off-the-shelf". There are lots of other things PC1 does better than AC, like the AI are much more balanced, weather, graphics, etc. But the core physics are just not as good. I'm looking forward to improvements and evolution of these features in PC2. Rally racing is awesome and I love it, and don't mind switching to a different game like Dirt Rally that specializes in off-road racing when I want that kind of driving experience. Let's hope SMS hasn't bitten off too much

Grijo
26-01-2017, 17:52
What could be more easy (read cost effective)than having all those disciplines combined in one game rather than to have to buy several...
As a personal opinion (and being Belgian) i welcome rally cross with open arms...:cool:

Since I live in Brazil and our streets reminds me Rallycross discipline, I'll love to do some rally in Pcars 2, I will feel at home!:cool:

About our streets, was only a joke...Ok, it was not :sorrow:

FS7
26-01-2017, 18:38
It's not about choice, it's about pointless stuff like off-road racing taking up resources that could be used for the game's main features to make them even better.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought SMS had already done some work on offroad/rally racing in PCars1 a few years back but decided to focus on track racing in PCars1 and include offroad/rally racing in a future game. If that's the case then how is offroad "taking up resources"?

Personally I care mainly about track racing and wouldn't miss offroad/rally in PCars2, but after seeing what SMS did with wet & night racing in PCars1 I'm curious to see what they can do with offroad in PCars2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6xbHI8TgbI
The title of that video isn't quite right, it should be "amazing multiple overtaking on the outside".

Mahjik
26-01-2017, 19:05
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought SMS had already done some work on offroad/rally racing in PCars1 a few years back but decided to focus on track racing in PCars1 and include offroad/rally racing in a future game. If that's the case then how is offroad "taking up resources"?

Not really pCARS1. However, there was a rumor that SMS had started work on a purely off-road title which never saw the light of day. As you can imagine, many WMD members attempted to get validation on that rumor during pCARS1 without success. ;)

poirqc
26-01-2017, 19:14

If pCARS was just a pure-bred GT racer with dynamic weather and ToD and offering a deep career and the same race weekend experience then I'd probably be thrilled, but the fans of open wheelers, ovals, road cars, karts etc etc certainly would not. And you know what? pCARS is a pure-bred GT racer for me, because that's the way I choose to play it.

That's the reason i put sim racing on hold. Nobody race(Online) the odd(but fun) combo that i like!

Let's hope that AI is more "random"(It's a different topic altogether) in pCars 2. I'll be able to enjoy that oddness!

Cheers!

ZiggyUK
26-01-2017, 20:05
why did SMS add off-road racing in Project Cars 2 Nobody wants it and nobody asked for it.

you obviously was not around at the beginning of PC1 when WMD had conversations with the SMS team and Off-Road was without a doubt requested.

Try some true RallyX and you would soon change your mind anyway. A big thumbs up :encouragement: to my blue friends for listening to the drivers as I am sure this is going to be a success.

FS7
26-01-2017, 20:55
It'd be interesting to see how many players use the karts regularly in pCARS though (maybe SMS have stats?) because I don't personally know anyone who likes them.
I like superkarts, imo they're very fun to drive, they're like mini F1 cars, very fast & very grippy.

Bankai_Bullett
26-01-2017, 21:02
I'm personally not all that into RallyX and stuff like that, and I have DiRT Rally and WRC6 if I do feel like getting my Rally on...
So if it's in the game or not, it makes no difference to me.
That said, if people wanna play it in PCars2, then more power to 'em.

Sampo
26-01-2017, 21:30
My hope is that SMS is concentrating on improved physics and FFB to provide a driving experience more like Assetto Corsa.

Why not hope that they are concentrating on providing a driving experience more like real life? :)

EHM
27-01-2017, 08:01
Offroad racing means more research/work into dirt, snow, grass physics etc. which I think is better for asphalt racing (Sliding on grass for example) and the physics overall. :lemo:

Rex Racer 65
27-01-2017, 17:42
It goes without saying we'd want a racing simulator to simulate real life. Which is why we hope their concentrating on improved physics. With regards to FFB, most of us don't have full motion rigs and need the FFB to provide cues to the cars handling behavior into the wheel that one wouldn't necessarily feel through the wheel in a real car. So, it's a blend of improved physics to represent the way a car would drive in real life augmented with FFB cues to tell the driver what the tires & suspension are doing. IMHO AC has done a much better job providing that in their FFB model than PC1 and I hope we see an improvement in PC2.

Dresden
28-01-2017, 06:38
Why not leave off-road to the Dirts of this world and not double down on the track motorsports that the first game did so well?

I am very happy that Pcars is adding dirt and snow as I do not plan to play any other racing game- ever.

Pcars 2 will be welded into my Xbox and not even an oxy-torch will remove it. I do not plan to swap games, so games like Assetto Corsa, F1 and Dirt will get tossed aside like week old flowers. So the more dirt racing and open wheel formula racing that Pcars add the better!

John Hargreaves
28-01-2017, 07:55
I personally don't like driving very much, I play pCars just to watch the replays. If they could remove the boring driving part and make the replays better I'd be really happy.

Konan
28-01-2017, 07:56
I personally don't like driving very much, I play pCars just to watch the replays. If they could remove the boring driving part and make the replays better I'd be really happy.

Lol

RacingAtHome
29-01-2017, 00:14

Nah. That's boring. I prefer the excitement of the menus.

Konan
29-01-2017, 05:22
Nah. That's boring. I prefer the excitement of the menus.

Which one?
Chinese takeaway,McDonalds,Pizza Hut?
Lol

gotdirt410sprintcar
29-01-2017, 05:52
I will drive the dirt some who cares if dirt 4 comes out or any other games for that matter gives me more choices. And pcars2 has it all in one game. And I believe in the pcars 2 wish list thread people where talking about wanting dirt not long after release lol

Konan
29-01-2017, 06:14
I will drive the dirt some who cares if dirt 4 comes out or any other games for that matter gives me more choices. And pcars2 has it all in one game. And I believe in the pcars 2 wish list thread people where talking about wanting dirt not long after release lol

True...i had it for a while but the reason i bought it was for the rallycross...don't get me wrong,it's a good game but i'm not really a rally fan.
That's why i'm so happy that SMS moved in this direction....good road racing and when i feel like doing some off-road racing that's in the game too...
Multiple disciplines for the same price...who could ask for more?

breyzipp
29-01-2017, 08:50
When I see dirt and ice being added to PCARS2 I can't help but thinking about GT6, that was also mainly a tarmac racing game with a bit of dirt and snow fluff added. To be honest I kinda liked it in GT6 as something fun on the side but what never took away from the main tarmac racing.

For PCARS2 I hope it can be the same. In PCARS1 (as already been said) the karts are like fluff as well. It's something extra in the game which is nice for the zero to hero campaign. I went through that part but will probably never race karts in PCAR1 anymore, also because of the lackluster controls. If dirt and ice racing will be added as something extra in PCARS2 that's fine for me. As long as the core of the game remains to be the tarmac races (which I'm sure will be the case).

PS - I didn't like karts in GT6 either. :)

Edit - having all that said, how can I get rid of that silly "superkart pilot" form title? Surely that's not me, I hate karts. I really do! I can prove it!

Konan
29-01-2017, 09:04
Reminding you guys that i'm not part of WMD2 i don't think SMS is putting resources into off-road racing just for it to be a "sidepath" to tarmac racing...the aim of any developer is imho to attract customers they didn't get with the prior release...taking that in affect (and if my observation is right)it will be almost as elaborate as the tarmac section...

Reiche
29-01-2017, 09:12
Edit - having all that said, how can I get rid of that silly "superkart pilot" form title? Surely that's not me, I hate karts. I really do! I can prove it!

I think it's based on the activity in the forum, e.g. you climb up the ladder from rookie to kart driver, superkarts pilot to this and that etc with the number of posts you submitted

Edit: if the next step is GT5, it's a long way down to 1000 posts I guess

Konan
29-01-2017, 09:14
Absolutely correct...:D

Francisnf
29-01-2017, 20:07

sounds like assetto corsa, although that doesnt even have pit stops or a career.

Jussi Karjalainen
01-02-2017, 18:07
Keep in mind that SMS is creating a sim that "they" themselves want to drive. As such, they enjoy all aspects of racing.Amen.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought SMS had already done some work on offroad/rally racing in PCars1 a few years back but decided to focus on track racing in PCars1 and include offroad/rally racing in a future game. If that's the case then how is offroad "taking up resources"?IIRC (I was a WMD member in those early days) there was very little work done on it back then, because the timeline was tight and we voted that if we can't do loose surfaces properly we shouldn't do it at all.

This time we have the possibility to do them properly though. =)

And on the "why not let the Dirts of the world take care of it", that could just as easily be applied to any other discipline. There are other games that do them already, so why should we do anything, why should we even make a racing game at all? Because we want to do it, and we think we can do it better. That's the spirit of competition. =)

And seeing how for "proper" loose surface driving the two last games have basically been Dirt Rally and Richard Burns Rally before that, I don't think the market is yet saturated by competition. =)

Konan
01-02-2017, 19:22
...that's telling them...:cool:

EHM
05-02-2017, 02:34
Am I the only one who's never had a prior interesting in Rally or offroad racing but is actually sort of excited about it?

It's strange I never (Still to this day) cared about oval racing.

cxMilk
05-02-2017, 02:44
Am I the only one who's never had a prior interesting in Rally or offroad racing but is actually sort of excited about it?
Have always enjoyed rally, but could care less about rallycross. However, I'm genuinely excited and eagerly waiting to give rallycross a go in PC2.

Sankyo
05-02-2017, 06:31
I enjoyed rally games like RBR and Dirt2, but later games didn't get me that excited anymore for some reason. My first few goes at Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally didn't get me excited at all so lost interest pretty quickly.
I really liked the rallycross (X-games?) in Dirt2, with the loose road surface the racing becomes less Formula-1-clinical and more 'organic' for me.

Ravager619
05-02-2017, 07:51
Way back in the day, I loved playing Dirt Track Racing 2 on the PC. I also enjoyed racing on the dirt and snow in Asphalt 8, too. Bring it on!

hkraft300
05-02-2017, 08:27
How's the driver rating system going to work with MP RallyX?
My rating is going to be horrible lol

F1_Racer68
05-02-2017, 14:29
How's the driver rating system going to work with MP RallyX?
My rating is going to be horrible lol

While everyone else will be silver, gold or platinum you and I will be "tin foil" (you) and "paper" (me) rated :D :D :D

Konan
05-02-2017, 14:33
Pulp (what paper is made of) would be me...:cool:

F1_Racer68
05-02-2017, 17:16
I know we shouldn't share links to other forums but in this case I feel I have to.

Somene had commented about how pCARS2 shouldn't bother since they wouldn't have official licenses. Well, it seems your beloved Dirt 4 won't either.....
https://www.gtplanet.net/dirt-4-will-not-feature-current-wrc-content-due-to-licensing/?utm_content=buffer188b3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So what is your argument now?

TerminatorGR
05-02-2017, 17:39
I know we shouldn't share links to other forums but in this case I feel I have to.

Somene had commented about how pCARS2 shouldn't bother since they wouldn't have official licenses. Well, it seems your beloved Dirt 4 won't either.....
https://www.gtplanet.net/dirt-4-will-not-feature-current-wrc-content-due-to-licensing/?utm_content=buffer188b3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So what is your argument now?Τhe Colin Mcrae/Dirt games never had the WRC licence. Dirt 4 focuses on both classic rally and rallycross and has the official FIA Rallycross Championship. Project Cars 2 has rallycross but no official licence. If anything, this shows even more how pointless this whole off-road stuff in PC2 is. Total waste of resources that could and should have gone to making the game the ultimate GT sim.

Bealdor
05-02-2017, 17:48
Τhe Colin Mcrae/Dirt games never had the WRC licence. Dirt 4 focuses on both classic rally and rallycross and has the official FIA Rallycross Championship. Project Cars 2 has rallycross but no official licence. If anything, this shows even more how pointless this whole off-road stuff in PC2 is. Total waste of resources that could and should have gone to making the game the ultimate GT sim.

There's not a single official series license in PCARS 1, so why did they even bother to make this game at all? /sarcasm

:rolleyes:

Mahjik
05-02-2017, 18:15
making the game the ultimate GT sim.

Well, that's not SMS's goal. They aren't making the "ultimate GT sim", they are making the "ultimate racing sim". Time to get over it.

Konan
05-02-2017, 18:32
Well, that's not SMS's goal. They aren't making the "ultimate GT sim", they are making the "ultimate racing sim". Time to get over it.

I'll add to that:" the ultimate driver journey" which makes it even more logical to have multiple disciplines in one title...

honespc
05-02-2017, 20:37
Wasted resources imo too specially now dirt 4 is coming; resources that could have been used on expanding the already amazing set of pc1 tracks; way more cars for the already existing disciplines, etc.

I have always had rally as my favourite discipline, followed by openwheel, gt and road cars, but never liked rallycross. That's where I wanted pc2 to continue to focus. That is why i got pc1 as well, because all these tarmac categories and experiences.

I just wanted pc2 to continue to expand on pc1. Rallycross will be without a doubt wasted space and content for pc2, and more with dirt4 in the horizon

Konan
05-02-2017, 20:42
I (and i'm sure many with me) tend to disagree...
Besides i'm sure no resources are considered "being wasted" by those who welcome the new disciplines...

Edit:Btw thanks for prompting me into making my 4000th post...:p

RacingAtHome
05-02-2017, 20:48
I'll add to that:" the ultimate driver journey" which makes it even more logical to have multiple disciplines in one title...

And you've got DTM drivers like Ekstrom and Scheider going to WorldRX as well which makes this time as good as any other to have a part of it.

F1_Racer68
05-02-2017, 20:52
Is it just me, or is everyone that is complaining about the Rallycross inclusion forgetting the original purpose and vision behind Project CARS in the first place? Let me remind you all, by using SMS' own words from the WMD website:

"PROJECT CARS IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY...
Project CARS is the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet
Create a driver, pick from a variety of motorsports, and shift into high gear to chase a number of Historic Goals and enter the Hall Of Fame. Then test your skills online either in competitive fully-loaded race weekends, leaderboard-based time challenges, or continually-updated community events."

Notice the red text? "pick from a VARIETY of motorsports". It doesn't say pick from a variety of GT3 cars.

Last time I checked, Rallycross is also a form of MOTORSPORTS.

Will I spend much time in it myself? No, probably not. But I will at least have the opportunity to try it without having to buy a different game. Since I plan to get pCARS2 anyways for the disciplines I DO want, then I can try Rallycross without wasting any more money buying something else and not enjoying it.

I'll be very curious to see how many people who are b*%@hing about rallycross right now start praising pCARS2 for the improved handling that will most likely be a direct result of the inclusion of rallycross.

Bealdor
05-02-2017, 20:54
Wasted resources imo too specially now dirt 4 is coming; resources that could have been used on expanding the already amazing set of pc1 tracks; way more cars for the already existing disciplines, etc.

I have always had rally as my favourite discipline, followed by openwheel, gt and road cars, but never liked rallycross. That's where I wanted pc2 to continue to focus. That is why i got pc1 as well, because all these tarmac categories and experiences.

I just wanted pc2 to continue to expand on pc1. Rallycross will be without a doubt wasted space and content for pc2, and more with dirt4 in the horizon

How about doing both, adding rallycross AND expanding the car and track roster?

rosko
05-02-2017, 22:55
I wonder if off road turns out to be very good if there is scope for a full on rally sim? Or a very large rally dlc addon? I know dirt 4 is out this year but imo the dirt rally handling isn't all that.

Roger Prynne
05-02-2017, 23:42
Off-road racing in PC2...Why?

Why not? and because they can :encouragement:

hkraft300
06-02-2017, 03:50
What if pcars2 does rally and rallyx better than Dirt et al? :D
Pcars + Night rally stages + While it's snowing+ In VR = jizz in my pants.
I need a Vive in my life...

flybikes
06-02-2017, 05:42
As you probably know, Dirt 4 was announced today, it has the official Rallycross Championship licence and it is coming this summer.

It just got me thinking, why oh why did SMS add off-road racing in Project Cars 2? Nobody wants it and nobody asked for it. Why not leave off-road to the Dirts of this world and not double down on the track motorsports that the first game did so well? Why not take advantage of GT racing's huge explosion of popularity in recent years and give us the ultimate GT (and formula, touring etc) sim racer? I dont understand the fascination with off-road racing.

At the end of the day, I am just afraid Project Cars 2 will be a jack of all trades but master of none. Of course there is nothing I want more than to be proved wrong about this.

Because SMS had seen that Forza franchise is doing big bucks! That`s why.

Project Cars, will have everything and nothing at the same time, like a Forza wanna be. It`s just stupid to think that Project Cars, can compete with DIRT in rally.

SMS team lost their focus... it`s very unprofessional. They will never be a game like Forza and they will never be a simulator like the "king" Asseto Corsa. Asseto corsa is a focused game, that`s why is really respected by sim pilots.

Less is more. You can`t buy popcorn in your favorite restaurant right? There is a reason for that.

What will happen, is that, "hardcore pilots" , will continue to race on the focused simulators and the SMS will sell "well" to casual gamers in the first week, then the game will be forgotten to Forza and Need for speed, then in the next year, they will not know why no one cars about project cars anymore.

In project cars 1, the time they spent on Karts (they are awful), was time they lost to improve psychics and animated pits (when you go into pitstops, the immersion says goodbye). It`s just one example from many.

Project Cars 2 will be fun? Yes. Absolutely. Like Forza. Forza is fun right?

But sometimes, you want more than fun.

Konan
06-02-2017, 06:10
Who said SMS wants to compete with Dirt? (Believe me there will be no competition)
A Forza wannabe? Don't make me laugh!
Asseto Corsa the "king"?...Well i guess it's time someone knocked that "king" of his throne than...
Let me tell you that SMS never have been focused like they are now and as "the ultimate driver journey" (a title they well deserve and earned) to add off road racing was the next logical step...
Hardcore pilots will not be put off by that...hell...some of them are actually helping design the game! (Real life pilots that is)
You do realise there are more "casual" racers around than there are actual sim racers right?
Well...they will ALL play the game...not one or the other...
I suggest you return to the "king" and deliver the message...

flybikes
06-02-2017, 06:31
Yes, Forza wannabe.

And even you don`t believe in your own words.... pilots helping developing the game... blá blá blá... same words over and over. That`s why project cars has broken physics (and I`m not talking about invisible walls).

"You do realise there are more "casual" racers around than there are actual sim racers right?"

Yes I know that. That`s why sms is putting rally on it. Project cars 3 will have tractors.

RacingAtHome
06-02-2017, 06:34
Yes, Forza wannabe.

And even you don`t believe in your own words.... pilots helping developing the game... blá blá blá... same words over and over. That`s why project cars has broken physics (and I`m not talking about invisible walls).

"You do realise there are more "casual" racers around than there are actual sim racers right?"

Yes I know that. That`s why sms is putting rally on it. Project cars 3 will have boats.

Forza wannabe in the sense that they want to be one of the biggest console racing games on console? Yes.
Forza wannabe in any other sense? No.

Bealdor
06-02-2017, 06:43

Yes I know that. That`s why sms is putting rally on it. Project cars 3 will have tractors.

Wow, I didn't know that rally is more casual than tarmac racing. You really learn something new everyday... :rolleyes:

hkraft300
06-02-2017, 06:54
:hopelessness:

Sankyo
06-02-2017, 07:07
OK guys, time to stop feeding the trolls. They're digging up all the dead and buried clichés again to get attention to their opinions-stated-as-facts, let's focus on the real facts again, thank you.

Silraed
06-02-2017, 07:08
Asseto corsa is a focused game, that`s why is really respected by sim pilots.

Or is it simply that Asseto Corsa doesn't really push any boundaries in anything it does and so people feel comfortable in that environment?

Sankyo
06-02-2017, 07:32
Because SMS had seen that Forza franchise is doing big bucks! That`s why.

Project Cars, will have everything and nothing at the same time, like a Forza wanna be. It`s just stupid to think that Project Cars, can compete with DIRT in rally.

SMS team lost their focus... it`s very unprofessional. They will never be a game like Forza and they will never be a simulator like the "king" Asseto Corsa. Asseto corsa is a focused game, that`s why is really respected by sim pilots.

Less is more. You can`t buy popcorn in your favorite restaurant right? There is a reason for that.

What will happen, is that, "hardcore pilots" , will continue to race on the focused simulators and the SMS will sell "well" to casual gamers in the first week, then the game will be forgotten to Forza and Need for speed, then in the next year, they will not know why no one cars about project cars anymore.

In project cars 1, the time they spent on Karts (they are awful), was time they lost to improve psychics and animated pits (when you go into pitstops, the immersion says goodbye). It`s just one example from many.

Project Cars 2 will be fun? Yes. Absolutely. Like Forza. Forza is fun right?

But sometimes, you want more than fun.

You're accusing SMS of being unprofessional because of a(n) (wrong) opinion you have. If you do that once more, you're out.

In project cars 1, the time they spent on Karts (they are awful), was time they lost to improve psychics and animated pits
This was somewhat funny, though.

hkraft300
06-02-2017, 08:10
You're accusing SMS of being unprofessional because a number of wrong opinions you have. If you do that once more, you're out.

Fixed.
Don't be shy Remco :o

cluck
06-02-2017, 08:16
Wait? What? Tractors in pCARS3? Sign me up :yes:

Konan
06-02-2017, 08:28
Since the OP has been answered several times and more people come in throwing mud (see what i did there?) i'm closing this down...before it gets really slippery...:cool:

Sankyo
06-02-2017, 11:40
Wait? What? Tractors in pCARS3? Sign me up :yes:

Farming Simulator Unleashed!