PDA

View Full Version : breyzipp's XBox One racing circuit info spreadsheet

breyzipp
29-01-2017, 20:27
Hi guys,

Since I now already have 5 games on XBox One with real life racing circuits in them I thought it would be interesting to put all this track data in a spreadsheet so I have a nice overview of them and I can compare the different track layouts between games. The games I collected the track data from are :

Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)
Forza Motorsport 6 (2015)
Project CARS (2015)
Assetto Corsa (2016)
F1 (2016)

Dirt Rally I might add in a future update since it has at least some real life rallycross circuits in the game (and there will be rallycross in Dirt 4 and Project CARS 2 as well). I also have Forza Horizon 2/3, Need for Speed 2015 and The Crew but I see no use in adding those.

I have used Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page), racingcircuits.info (http://www.racingcircuits.info/), the official websites of many circuits, Google maps and good ol' Google itself to get the info of the circuits I wanted. Very often I noticed that the in-game info is wrong. The track lengths don't match, the number of corners is wrong or the circuit name is off. Number of corners is tricky one though as there is no specific rule as when to count a corner and when not, some official circuit maps do it different than others. I tried to go with the track info from the official track websites as much as possible.

I compared the tracks in-game as well and there sure are quite a lot of differences I didn't notice before. For example Hockenheim Short in FM5/FM6 is not the same as in Project CARS. The "Nurburgring & Nordschleife combined" circuit has in fact already 4 different variations over these games depending on whether the GP circuit or sprint circuit is combined, whether the Mercedes Arena is used or not and whether the F1 or motorcycle chicane is used. Sonoma Raceway is also a location where you can probably make a dozen combinations, it took a while to figure out which circuits exactly we now have in these games. And the track length on Silverstone International was flat out wrong on a lot of games, they all had the number of the older layout (3,619 km from the 2009 International circuit, but the one in all these games is the 2011+ one with 2,979 km). And this list of errors goes on and on. :)

Let me know if you find the spreadsheet useful. If you only play Project CARS then it probably is not. :) If you think like "hey, I'm in the mood to race on the Barcelona circuit but you don't know for sure which games have which layouts then it might be helpful. :)

Another thing that is interesting, if you want to try the same track in the same car but in different games just for the sake of seeing how different your lap times are in these games (and then compare it with real life track records) then that info is available too. For example the tracks that are in their exact same layout in both Project CARS and Assetto Corsa are the following ones :

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Silverstone Circuit Arena Grand Prix Circuit
Silverstone Circuit International Circuit
Silverstone Circuit National Circuit
Nürburgring Nordschleife + Grand Prix Circuit (No Arena) (Mot. Chic.)
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Nürburgring Grand Prix Circuit
Nürburgring Sprintstrecke
Autodromo Int. Enzo e Dino Ferrari Grand Prix Circuit
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Road Course
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Circuit

EDIT - aah yeah almost forgot, the link to the spreadsheet is in my signature. :)