PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Game does not start

ovce
04-02-2017, 20:32
Hi, I have an issue,
I just bought Project CARS on Steam and when i start game, Steam is telling me everything is ok and game is running but game does not start.
It just start background process "Project CARS" but I cant get in game because its only background process.
I have everything updated and tried many ways but nothing helped.
I am really desperate and appriciate every help.

Windows 10 - i5-4590, 8GB RAM, GTX 750Ti

Mad Al
04-02-2017, 21:01
Hi, I have an issue,
I just bought Project CARS on Steam and when i start game, Steam is telling me everything is ok and game is running but game does not start.
It just start background process "Project CARS" but I cant get in game because its only background process.
I have everything updated and tried many ways but nothing helped.
I am really desperate and appriciate every help.

Windows 10 - i5-4590, 8GB RAM, GTX 750Ti

Turn off any background crap.
Make sure you have the project cars install folder in steam as an exception in your anti virus
Add project cars in the documents folder to the anti virus exceptions list
Turn off any overlays, including the one in Steam
Also run the game cache integrity check in steam

ovce
04-02-2017, 22:03
Turn off any background crap.
Make sure you have the project cars install folder in steam as an exception in your anti virus
Add project cars in the documents folder to the anti virus exceptions list
Turn off any overlays, including the one in Steam
Also run the game cache integrity check in steam

I tried that all but it is still not working.
But thanks for fast reply.

Roger Prynne
04-02-2017, 22:11
What wheel do you have? and if it's a Logitech, have you got the profiler running before you start the game?

ovce
05-02-2017, 08:38
What wheel do you have? and if it's a Logitech, have you got the profiler running before you start the game?

I have old logitech wingman formula force gp and I tried with profiler running, without profiler, with unpluged wheel with profiler and also without profiler running.
Maybe its becaose the wheel is using old Logitech Profiler (Version 5.04.110)? Wheel is not supported for Windows 10! but I dont have the problem in other games (like DiRT Rally)

Mad Al
05-02-2017, 09:02
I have old logitech wingman formula force gp and I tried with profiler running, without profiler, with unpluged wheel with profiler and also without profiler running.
Maybe its becaose the wheel is using old Logitech Profiler (Version 5.04.110)? Wheel is not supported for Windows 10! but I dont have the problem in other games (like DiRT Rally)

Project CARS will start the profiler (or at least try to) as long as it's installed.. so try renaming the folder the profiler is installed in, as a temporary test, to see if it will work without it being available at all

Does the later 5.10 version not support your wheel ?

ovce
05-02-2017, 09:43
Project CARS will start the profiler (or at least try to) as long as it's installed.. so try renaming the folder the profiler is installed in, as a temporary test, to see if it will work without it being available at all

Does the later 5.10 version not support your wheel ?

I uninstalled profiler, still game does not start.
I had that version becaose I downloaded it from logitech support for my wheel. After I uninstalled old version and tried game without profiler I downloaded version 5.10 and it supports my wheel but game is still not working.

Mad Al
05-02-2017, 11:40
Should I assume that the game has never even got to the point of even creating the Project CARS folder in your documents folder ?

you could try forcing the game to run windowed... also try forcing DX9 and 32bit.. just to see if any of them help

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23045-Command-Line-Launch-Options

Windowed
DX9
32 bit

ovce
05-02-2017, 11:54
Yes, I dont have Project CARS folder in documents. I run Project CARS .exe files as administrator. I tried 32bit, DX9 and now also windowed but still nothing.
Just becaose there is no error I dont know what is wrong and I cant find anything... maybe last option reinstal windows?

Sankyo
05-02-2017, 12:48
If the game starts but only as a background process, something else gets started when the game starts and it pushes the game to the background. You'll have to tell us what you have running as background apps by default on your system so we can see what may be interfering.

ovce
05-02-2017, 17:52
So I reinstalled windows and so far so good its working now. I dont know what was the problem and I hope it will never repeat...
Thank all of you for your help and quick respond and that you didnt give up on me.