PDA

View Full Version : Oculus Home No Multiplayer Sessions

Racer66
05-02-2017, 17:07
Since I've been playing PCars on Oculus Home, I have yet to have seen any sessions available online. Is this a known phenomenon, or is there something else I need to do? PCars PC, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Home.

Mahjik
05-02-2017, 17:53
The Oculus Home version is not compatible with the Steam version for online play (i.e. they use different servers). Likely, if you want to have a better online experience, you'll need to purchase the Steam version.

Racer66
05-02-2017, 18:53
Thanks, I understand that there are 2 different servers, but do I have a problem viewing sessions because there are no active users on the Oculus Home PCars online mode? Is it 0 sessions (Oculus Home) vs. plenty of sessions (steam)?

Mahjik
05-02-2017, 19:14
Is it 0 sessions (Oculus Home) vs. plenty of sessions (steam)?

Likely this is the case.

eracerhead
06-02-2017, 12:38
There's got to be others who come looking for servers, but don't stick around because they don't see anything listed; take the opportunity to create a new lobby every time you race, and I'm sure these others will start sticking around for your races.

DaWorstPlaya
03-03-2017, 17:11
That's kinda messed up that even in the PC world the servers for Project Cars are separate. I mean I understand if it is different between XBL, PSN and PC. But in the PC world we should be unified. I'm not a fan of this separation, the developers should be attempting to connect as many players as possible regardless of which store the game is purchased from eg: Steam or Oculus home. This is why I buy all my games from Steam and avoid the Oculus store even though I own a Rift.

Racer66
06-05-2017, 21:02
Agree, I continue to check for multi-player sessions via Oculus Home, but there are still no matches. I hope that Project CARS 2 will unify the servers. I'd rather use Oculus Home because the UI is better, it starts when I put the headset on, and I would know that the other players are also on a VR headset.

Slightly Mad,

I promise to provide good feedback going forward, if you would do something to unify these servers in the upcoming PCars2.

Everyone,

I know that the studio values everyone's feedback, so please chime in. I'm a die-hard sim racing fan, and want this game to be successful now and for years to come.

Ryzza5
07-05-2017, 06:46
If you've recently purchased Project CARS from the Oculus store, you might try to get a refund and then purchase from the Steam store - I know a few did this successfully last year after realising the issue.

I guess the problem is that Steam will only allow games sold from their store to use their server infrastructure.

Redz
25-09-2018, 17:51
I too purchased via Oculus Home & can't find online 0 games. How sad is this, it's not as advertised, can we get a FA league Oculus league going here?

inthebagbud
26-09-2018, 05:14
AS the post above best option is refund through oculus and buy through steam.