PDA

View Full Version : Any way to see what tyres are on the car you are driving?

breyzipp
05-02-2017, 22:47
I'm the lazy racer. That means my tires are set to "depending on weather" and I don't use any custom pit strategies, default is how it's at. :)

Now I was doing the short version of the 24h endurance race on Bathurst in my career mode with the Audi R8 (quite fun to see this invitational pop up at the weekend of the 12h of Bathurst :p). Anyway at some point I pitted because my tires were wearing down. I drive in the pits and I got new tires. Now this was also when the weather was changing from dry to light rain, I have no clue if they just replaced the worn tires with the same ones or if I would have gotten intermediates or rain tires. Is there any way I can see what type of tires are on my car? I assumed from the pauze menu I would be able to see this info but no such luck. :(

And I also wonder, if I drive in the pits with "depending on weather" for tyres, does the game look at the current weather or the upcoming weather forecast?

And another question, very late into the race when I was quite certain of the victory, I drove in the pits with tires that were still about 70% okay, I did it since I was far enough ahead and didn't want to risk anything. Now when I drove in the pits my engineer said something about my engine battery or something and sent me out again.... without giving me new tires! Why on earth were my tires not replaced?

Reiche
05-02-2017, 22:55
Telemetry HUD for the first question

cxMilk
05-02-2017, 22:57
Check your telemetry screen for what tires are on the car (left d-pad I believe by default).

From my experience, depending on weather is based on current weather, but I'm not 100% certain on this.

hkraft300
06-02-2017, 03:56
1) telemetry hud

2) current weather. I've burned a podium or 3 because of this.

3) because your tyres were still over 70% they decided it doesn't need a change. <50% they may have changed it.

Don't leave pit strategy at default. They're idiots, and The Engineer is too busy with the grid girls to be paying attention to weather forecasts and tyre use rates.

guybo
06-02-2017, 10:52
It drives me nuts that when you enter the pits and have to change pit strategy that the game doesn't pause. I can't fiddle around with my mouse fast enough to change settings without losing a lot of time in the pits. Hopefully that will be addressed in the future, it's pretty dumb.

For the pit strategy there is no setting for current weather. You have to choose a tire compound beforehand. I wish the game did have a setting for current weather

hkraft300
06-02-2017, 12:28
It's why you set your pit strategies before the race.
So when you box you'll need minimal fumbling with settings before you reach the box.

konnos
06-02-2017, 16:53
@guybo
In single player it pauses, in multiplayer well of course it won't pause, but it wait for you to finish your changes before the pit timer starts.

Mad Al
06-02-2017, 19:43
In VR, stick your head out of the window ;)

breyzipp
06-02-2017, 22:50
In VR, stick your head out of the window ;)

LMAO! :P

Anyway I got it working now, long time ago I remapped my controller in a hurry but never gave it some time to properly set it up. Telemetry wasn't even mapped anymore. :D

Here is my new XBox controller mapping now, I think I got about everything covered now, or at least all buttons are used. :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49840-resolved-Lights-and-Wipers&p=1322333&viewfull=1#post1322333

guybo
07-02-2017, 00:57
It does? Is it different in practice than in the race? I never tried to change settings in the race, but in practice it does not pause.

breyzipp
07-02-2017, 06:11
It does? Is it different in practice than in the race? I never tried to change settings in the race, but in practice it does not pause.

Yesterday in my singleplayer supercar 24h of panorama the game pauzed when i choose to edit on the pit entry popup screen. (timer on top right of screen did pause as well)

guybo
07-02-2017, 10:33
OK, cool. thx for the heads-up.