PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 - The FULL car list including all DLC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

dault3883
21-04-2017, 18:55
Most get sold to collectors. Once they are no longer eligible for competition in "current" series' they are eligible to race in historics events. The mid-2000's Ford GTs for example are currently being raced in such series' and even some of the first and second generation MX-5s (Miatas) are now eligible for these types of events.

have they confirmed a mx5 miata race car for pc2?

Tank621
21-04-2017, 18:58
have they confirmed a mx5 miata race car for pc2?

No, all currently confirmed cars are on the first page of this thread and be sure to keep checking it in the future, Breyzipp does a great job keeping it up to date

Konan
21-04-2017, 20:14
No, all currently confirmed cars are on the first page of this thread and be sure to keep checking it in the future, Breyzipp does a great job keeping it up to date

Don't sell yourself short mate...you're one of the great helpers keeping him posted when/if he misses something...;)

breyzipp
21-04-2017, 20:59
Don't sell yourself short mate...you're one of the great helpers keeping him posted when/if he misses something...;)

I second that! I'm sure he has a script running that automatically sends him a text message when something new appears on the Project CARS page on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/YouTube. ;-)

dault3883
21-04-2017, 21:01
I second that! I'm sure he has a script running that automatically sends him a text message when something new appears on the Project CARS page on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/YouTube. ;-)

thats dedicated right there thank you for your time

breyzipp
21-04-2017, 21:05
Added this to the topic :
Confirmed amount of cars so far (April 21st): 62 cars
Total amount of cars at launch: "170+" cars

Already so many cars I really would like to drive and we're only 1/3rd in. :) Ooh boy, I will need a massive break from work "late 2017". :)

dault3883
21-04-2017, 21:15
Added this to the topic :
Total amount of cars at launch: "170+" cars

Already so many cars I really would like to drive and we're only 1/3rd in. :) Ooh boy, I will need a massive break from work "late 2017". :)

#christmasvacation LOL

Tank621
21-04-2017, 21:55

Ha you'll never learn my secret methods which may or may not involve repeatedly hitting refresh

Konan
21-04-2017, 21:58

dault3883
21-04-2017, 22:01
Ha you'll never learn my secret methods which may or may not involve repeatedly hitting refresh

he wouldnt be the first i do that when waiting for a package infact was doing it today for that very reason got my pc cooling fan in the mail today

FS7
21-04-2017, 23:47
More important than car count is the fact that there aren't a bunch of clones to inflate car count and there's a good variety of car classes.

dault3883
22-04-2017, 00:09
More important than car count is the fact that there aren't a bunch of clones to inflate car count and there's a good variety of car classes.

Clones? please elaborate

Zpectre87
22-04-2017, 00:15

The problem is people on the other thread saying we should have both the 12C and the 650S... It's the same damn car, one is an update of the other, they drive the same and make the same power. I actually felt the 650S should've been in pCARS 1 already instead of the 12C.

dault3883
22-04-2017, 00:20
The problem is people on the other thread saying we should have both the 12C and the 650S... It's the same damn car, one is an update of the other, they drive the same and make the same power. I actually felt the 650S should've been in pCARS 1 already instead of the 12C.

Ok yea i can see that. Same with the two different sls we had in pc1 too right?

breyzipp
22-04-2017, 00:59
Clones? please elaborate

This ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE4CoImlCkA

Zpectre87
22-04-2017, 01:11
The 550/575 GT1 cars weren't Ferrari backed.
They were privateer jobs. ProDrive built the race winning cars.

The 550s were (various people tried to build one, with the Prodrive GTS being the most successful), but the 575 GTC was a factory car from Ferrari, though the teams didn't get support from the factory, I believe.

Interestingly enough, the Prodrive 550 GTS was faster than Ferrari's own 575 GTC. Even if it had been successful, it would've been short-lived, because in 2005 Aston Martin came in with their Prodrive-developed DBR9, and Ferrari abandoned the 575 GTC to focus on the Maserati MC12 (the rebodied Enzo Ferrari) and on the GT2 class. The Prodrive 550s became obsolete as soon as 2006, and teams such as Scuderia Italia kept their collaboration with Prodrive, moving from the 550 GTS to the DBR9.

dault3883
22-04-2017, 01:39
The 550s were (various people tried to build one, with the Prodrive GTS being the most successful), but the 575 GTC was a factory car from Ferrari, though the teams didn't get support from the factory, I believe.

Interestingly enough, the Prodrive 550 GTS was faster than Ferrari's own 575 GTC. Even if it had been successful, it would've been short-lived, because in 2005 Aston Martin came in with their Prodrive-developed DBR9, and Ferrari abandoned the 575 GTC to focus on the Maserati MC12 (the rebodied Enzo Ferrari) and on the GT2 class. The Prodrive 550s became obsolete as soon as 2006, and teams such as Scuderia Italia kept their collaboration with Prodrive, moving from the 550 GTS to the DBR9.

They both look like the same body styles. Are they or is there a physical difference?

Zpectre87
22-04-2017, 01:49
They both look like the same body styles. Are they or is there a physical difference?

Rather similar on the outside, much different on the inside. It can be seen in GTR2, which features both cars.

Not to mention the package itself, if one is significantly faster than the other, you can be sure the cars are completely different under the shell! :D

Azure Flare
22-04-2017, 02:30
Most get sold to collectors. Once they are no longer eligible for competition in "current" series' they are eligible to race in historics events. The mid-2000's Ford GTs for example are currently being raced in such series' and even some of the first and second generation MX-5s (Miatas) are now eligible for these types of events.

Another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6a7y4qM3TU

dault3883
22-04-2017, 03:05
Rather similar on the outside, much different on the inside. It can be seen in GTR2, which features both cars.

Not to mention the package itself, if one is significantly faster than the other, you can be sure the cars are completely different under the shell! :D

hate to seem synical but the shell was what i was reffering too LOL after all i fell in love with the look of the hot wheel as a kid still have it its the shell i think looks cool so if the 550 prodrive is better than the 575gtc than well id take the 550

hkraft300
22-04-2017, 05:56
hate to seem synical but the shell was what i was reffering too LOL after all i fell in love with the look of the hot wheel as a kid still have it its the shell i think looks cool so if the 550 prodrive is better than the 575gtc than well id take the 550

575 could've been faster with some R&D.
They'll have exterior Aero details that are different. There's be differences in engine and suspension too. Reckon they'd be similar but different enough to drive.

Zpectre87
22-04-2017, 08:01
I forgot to mention the Corvette of course, but I wanted to focus on the reasons for the decline of the 550/575. Besides, the C5R was already competitive, from what I remember.

joelsantos24
22-04-2017, 08:09
Exactly. Like GT5 and GT6, with their 500.000 types of Nissan GT-R's, anyone?

Clones? please elaborate
What I said above. :cool:

We all know that.

McLaren cars include the legendary F1, the MP4-12C, the P1, and more recently, the 650S and the 570S. I'm only referring those considered (arguably the) most prominent, because the list includes others such as the 675L, the 720 or even the historic M6A/M6GT. I know we can't have them all in the game. You say the 650S is basically the MP4-12C. Well, some people look at the P1, 650S and the 570 and say they're basically the same car, visually speaking, at least. Just wanted to put things under perspective, there.

I'm ok with not being able to race with the MP4-12C, although, I think it'd be unfortunate not to include it along with the 650S, since having more options is better than having just the one.

Zpectre87
22-04-2017, 11:01
McLaren cars include the legendary F1, the MP4-12C, the P1, and more recently, the 650S and the 570S. I'm only referring those considered (arguably the) most prominent, because the list includes others such as the 675L, the 720 or even the historic M6A/M6GT. I know we can't have them all in the game. You say the 650S is basically the MP4-12C. Well, some people look at the P1, 650S and the 570 and say they're basically the same car, visually speaking, at least. Just wanted to put things under perspective, there.

I'm ok with not being able to race with the MP4-12C, although, I think it'd be unfortunate not to include it along with the 650S, since having more options is better than having just the one.

I really don't want to sound sour, but there's some important differences between the different revisions of the road-going GT-R. Early GT-Rs were duds on a straight line, now they're monsters capable of miracles when highly tuned.

If we were speaking of the road cars, it'd make sense to include both the 12C and the 650S, but in the GT3 class there's no reason, people pick their main cars in GT3 based on drivability, contrary to the Mercedes cars the McLarens drive pretty much the same. Competitiveness IRL doesn't really matter because there are dozens of different championships and BOP regulations. Contrary to Gran Turismo, I feel pCARS is a very "pragmatic" game, the car will be there if it makes a difference, if not, it's out.

I think it'd make more sense for the career mode, but most of these new sims aren't aiming for realism in their grids unfortunately (which is why you don't see things like Emil Frey Jaguar anymore, whereas GTR2 had even the Z3s and the TVRs).

joelsantos24
22-04-2017, 13:14
I really don't want to sound sour, but there's some important differences between the different revisions of the road-going GT-R. Early GT-Rs were duds on a straight line, now they're monsters capable of miracles when highly tuned.

If we were speaking of the road cars, it'd make sense to include both the 12C and the 650S, but in the GT3 class there's no reason, people pick their main cars in GT3 based on drivability, contrary to the Mercedes cars the McLarens drive pretty much the same. Competitiveness IRL doesn't really matter because there are dozens of different championships and BOP regulations. Contrary to Gran Turismo, I feel pCARS is a very "pragmatic" game, the car will be there if it makes a difference, if not, it's out.

I think it'd make more sense for the career mode, but most of these new sims aren't aiming for realism in their grids unfortunately (which is why you don't see things like Emil Frey Jaguar anymore, whereas GTR2 had even the Z3s and the TVRs).
Yeah, many players will choose their GT3 car based on manoeuvrability and overall performance, but many choose based on simple, personal taste. My friends and I, used to play Super GT in GT5 very often, and I'd always choose the Lexus SC430, even though, despite being much more balanced and stable all around, it couldn't compete with the GT-R's or NSX's on sheer power. On short races, power does matter most, but in medium-term to long-term endurance races, which is the Super GT and other GT series' context, balance, stability and reliability are much more significant. If the cars are competitive, they're relevant.

I've also said it before, if this was GT, then it wouldn't even be an issue, because we'd know that all these cars would be in the game, and so, everyone would be pleased. In this regard, however, this game isn't GT, unfortunately, so we'll have to make due with what we get. But even so, I don't think it's reasonable to leave the SLS or Z4 out of the game.

Olijke Poffer
22-04-2017, 17:59
I do not see my favourite car anymore.. :frown-new: the BMW Z4 GT3.

joelsantos24
22-04-2017, 18:26
It hasn't been confirmed to be in the game, as far as we know. However, there seems to be an (un)official screenshot of the game which, apparently, includes the car. So, fingers crossed.

Tank621
22-04-2017, 18:52
I wonder what they will do with cars that are the same in both GT3 and GTE like the BMW M6, we know the GT3 is in the game so I wonder if they might not have the GTE because the two are so similar

F1_Racer68
22-04-2017, 19:07
I wonder what they will do with cars that are the same in both GT3 and GTE like the BMW M6, we know the GT3 is in the game so I wonder if they might not have the GTE because the two are so similar

Aside from the ABS being disabled in the GTLM version, I don't think there is a difference. And to be totally accurate, there is no "GTE" version as the M6 has not yet been homologated by the ACO for GTE (as far as I know). It runs in IMSA GTLM class under a special waiver.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/cars/bmw-m6-gtlm.html

EDIT: ABS disabled, different wheel/tire size, and different fuel tank capacity are the only differecnes between M6 GT3 and M6 GTLM.

Tank621
22-04-2017, 19:33
Aside from the ABS being disabled in the GTLM version, I don't think there is a difference. And to be totally accurate, there is no "GTE" version as the M6 has not yet been homologated by the ACO for GTE (as far as I know). It runs in IMSA GTLM class under a special waiver.

EDIT: ABS disabled, different wheel/tire size, and different fuel tank capacity are the only differecnes between M6 GT3 and M6 GTLM.

Fascinating. It will be interesting to see if the SMS crew represent the GTLM in the game. Perhaps as a different variant like the Nissan 300ZX (With both IMSA and LeMans specs in the game) and now I think about it how the different Indycar aero packages might feature.

Olijke Poffer
22-04-2017, 19:51
It hasn't been confirmed to be in the game, as far as we know. However, there seems to be an (un)official screenshot of the game which, apparently, includes the car. So, fingers crossed.

Indeed fingers crossed..

Roger Prynne
22-04-2017, 19:56

Why would they leave it out :barbershop_quartet_

wicken
22-04-2017, 20:34
Now I'm wishful for the return of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3. That was one of my favourite GT3 cars and it was one of the dominant cars.

DECATUR PLAYA
22-04-2017, 21:17
Now I'm wishful for the return of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3. That was one of my favourite GT3 cars and it was one of the dominant cars.

It was my favorite GT3 as well. The power.

breyzipp
22-04-2017, 21:32

I sure hope every class is more or less balanced in PCARS 2 and we won't have any dominant cars.

F1_Racer68
22-04-2017, 21:57
I sure hope every class is more or less balanced in PCARS 2 and we won't have any dominant cars.

Exactly. Horses for courses is fine, but one car being the top pick for every track is wrong.

RacingAtHome
23-04-2017, 02:24
FormulaX confirmed in this article. Like a Gran Turismo Red Bull X cars.
pret*ndracecars.net/2017/04/21/an-insight-into-the-development-of-project-cars-2/

Just Ctrl-F "Formula X"

Erm. Profanity filter? Asterisk on the a letter in pre*endracecars.net worked.

MillsLayne
23-04-2017, 02:26
I just Google Image searched 'Formula X' and got a bunch of pictures of nails and nail polish...

Azure Flare
23-04-2017, 02:49
FormulaX confirmed in this article. Like a Gran Turismo Red Bull X cars.

It's not as extreme as the Red Bull cars though. We can't afford Adrian Newey.

RacingAtHome
23-04-2017, 02:58
It's not as extreme as the Red Bull cars though. We can't afford Adrian Newey.

So it's more like a Sauber Formula X car as opposed to a Red Bull Formula X car?

Azure Flare
23-04-2017, 02:59
So it's more like a Sauber Formula X car as opposed to a Red Bull Formula X car?

It's definitely not a McHonda, that's for sure.

F1_Racer68
23-04-2017, 03:11
I assume you actually mean the Formula "A" and are using the "X" as a place holder? I don't see any reference to an extreme Redbull fan car like vehicle.... either that or the link is giving me a different page.

RacingAtHome
23-04-2017, 03:20
I assume you actually mean the Formula "A" and are using the "X" as a place holder? I don't see any reference to an extreme Redbull fan car like vehicle.... either that or the link is giving me a different page.

Nope.

As somebody has said previously, there is a Formula X, but it’s a red bull X1-type car. Hardly the same thing.

Azure Flare
23-04-2017, 03:20

They are two separate vehicles. The Formula A is pretty much the same as PCars 1. The Formula X is a fantasy Formula car that is definitely faster than the Formula A.

Fun fact: it was originally called "Formula Unlimited", but Jan Frischkorn decided that "FU" wasn't the best abbreviation.

RacingAtHome
23-04-2017, 03:23
They are two separate vehicles. The Formula A is pretty much the same as PCars 1. The Formula X is a fantasy Formula car that is definitely faster than the Formula A.

Fun fact: it was originally called "Formula Unlimited", but Jan Frischkorn decided that "FU" wasn't the best abbreviation.

Frank Yu disagrees.
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/3600000/3660000/3666000/3666900/3666945/s8/tcr-sepang-2015-frank-yu-craft-bamboo-racing-seat.jpg

dault3883
23-04-2017, 03:27

Azure id have to agree with him their it would become a moderator nightmare LOL

F1_Racer68
23-04-2017, 03:28
Sorry Jake, not seeing that sentence

"As somebody has said previously, there is a Formula X, but it’s a red bull X1-type car. Hardly the same thing."

Is that in the article, or in one of the comments?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. Had to read all the pathetic comments. I hate you for that :D There are some really sad, sad people on these here interwebs..... LOL

Olijke Poffer
23-04-2017, 07:17
Why would they leave it out :barbershop_quartet_

I don't know. Let's hope you're right. :encouragement:

joelsantos24
23-04-2017, 11:24

That's awesome. And will it be more like the simple Venturi-type car with no back fan (the Red Bull X2014 Standard), or the actual extreme version (the Red Bull x2014 Fan-car)?

Red Bull X2014 Standard

Red Bull x2014 Fan-car

dault3883
23-04-2017, 11:28
That's awesome. And will it be more like the simple Venturi-type car with no back fan (the Red Bull X2014 Standard), or the actual extreme version (the Red Bull x2014 Fan-car)?

Red Bull X2014 Standard

Red Bull x2014 Fan-car

do we have a picture of the formula x car yet

Invincible
23-04-2017, 12:08

Red Bull X2014 Standard

Red Bull x2014 Fan-car

it has no fan that's for sure. But in general, the approach isn't as extreme as the Red Bull X cars. It's more realistic imo.

breyzipp
23-04-2017, 13:47
Uhm that seems like a bit of a weird article, do I have to add Formula A or X to the list now? I rather go through the leaked trailer again and add those cars, seems more viable to me and some cars from it (like Jag XJ220S) have been confirmed later. :)

I'll just wait until SMS throws a picture of it at us and Tank621 has posted it here 5 seconds later. ;)

hkraft300
23-04-2017, 13:55
it has no fan that's for sure. But in general, the approach isn't as extreme as the Red Bull X cars. It's more realistic imo.

Realistic as in more to the 2017 F1 regs than a no holds barred concept?

Uhm that seems like a bit of a weird article, do I have to add Formula A or X to the list now? I rather go through the leaked trailer again and add those cars, seems more viable to me and some cars from it (like Jag XJ220S) have been confirmed later. :)

I'll just wait until SMS throws a picture of it at us and Tank621 has posted it here 5 seconds later. ;)

Formula X. Becomes it is unknown.
Bellster did say there'd be more than the Formula A/B/C/Rookie...

Invincible
23-04-2017, 14:07
Realistic as in more to the 2017 F1 regs than a no holds barred concept?

Just be patient and wait until it's revealed by SMS :p you will see what I meant. But I TiVo it's safe to say that it isn't similar to 2017's F1.
I can assure you, it's awesome to drive!

Tank621
23-04-2017, 14:09
I'm not entirely sure what to make of the article, usually the PCars official social media will share any articles about the game but I haven't seen anything for this article, he seems to be announcing or rather explicitly suggesting at content that hasn't (officially at least) been announced yet. He also mentioned something about another oval in the game but I'll put the quote in the tracklist thread

RacingAtHome
23-04-2017, 14:52
I'm not entirely sure what to make of the article, usually the PCars official social media will share any articles about the game but I haven't seen anything for this article, he seems to be announcing or rather explicitly suggesting at content that hasn't (officially at least) been announced yet. He also mentioned something about another oval in the game but I'll put the quote in the tracklist thread

He said it's an oval not used since the 60s. I had initially thought it was Daytona Beach but that was last used in the 50s so probably Monza.

joelsantos24
23-04-2017, 15:16

Just be patient and wait until it's revealed by SMS :p you will see what I meant. But I TiVo it's safe to say that it isn't similar to 2017's F1.
I can assure you, it's awesome to drive!
Well, it's not like the Red Bull X cars are unrealistic, they just don't follow and/or respect any regulations. They're the by-product of that exact premise or notion. The Chaparral applied the same principles, back in 1970, in their more conventionally-looking prototype 2J, and if it wasn't plagued by mechanical failures, they would've dominated the Can-Am series. Apparently, one reporter joked that the car could've been revealed or showcased while on the ceiling, because it wouldn't have fell.

Anyway, if this so-called new formula prototype is to respect the regulations a bit more, than the Red Bull X designs, am I to understand that it falls more in line with the Renault RS2027 prototype recently revealed (https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-unveils-f1-2027-concept-car-895651/)?

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2017/4/renault-unveils-radical-2027-f1-concept-car/_jcr_content/articleContent/manual_gallery/image1.img.640.medium.jpg/1492597161152.jpg

He said it's an oval not used since the 60s. I had initially thought it was Daytona Beach but that was last used in the 50s so probably Monza.
You mean the historic outline, with the speed ring? That'd be awesome.

Mad LL
23-04-2017, 15:29
I'm not entirely sure what to make of the article, usually the PCars official social media will share any articles about the game but I haven't seen anything for this article, he seems to be announcing or rather explicitly suggesting at content that hasn't (officially at least) been announced yet.

That's because (no matter how influential they think they are), this is just a blog. Twisting the facts and leaking stuff is in their DNA.

rosko
23-04-2017, 16:32
That's because (no matter how influential they think they are), this is just a blog. Twisting the facts and leaking stuff is in their DNA.

well that guy works for SMS & will be racing with an SMS sponsored Chevy. The articles on pcars are checked by sms, but obviously let his guard down in the conversations about what formula x is. SMS will not associate itself directly with the blog due to its 'shall we say infamous' reputation.

I'm pretty sure they will announce all the cars soon anyway.

breyzipp
23-04-2017, 22:44

Monza sounds possible, I think classic Monza was already unofficially mentioned somehere. Once you have the banks and the 10 km full circuit then the oval is not far off. :) Talking about the original Monza's 10 km "palace of speed" and seeing how gimped and utterly destroyed the track is nowadays (all for safety reasons :P) makes you wonder why no more video games implement the one and only original Monza, the way it was ment to be. For the 2017 Formula One season the track will be further butchered with yet another chicane.... :) All good and understandable for safety for sure, but I want that 10 km chicane-less speedtrack in my games dammit. :P

The glory days :
http://www.racingcircuits.info/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/MonzaFull22.ae70fedc038ab5723213a44b82abe427.png

The nerfed/ruined/slapped/butchered days :
https://static.carthrottle.com/workspace/uploads/posts/2016/05/66b93eb00e4ed245cd10a5779cd1dbe9.jpg

dault3883
23-04-2017, 22:50
well that guy works for SMS & will be racing with an SMS sponsored Chevy. The articles on pcars are checked by sms, but obviously let his guard down in the conversations about what formula x is. SMS will not associate itself directly with the blog due to its 'shall we say infamous' reputation.

I'm pretty sure they will announce all the cars soon anyway.

Iv abviously missed something wats this infamous reputation im hearing about for one?

And TWO why are we talking about a track on the confirmed CAR list instead of the TRACK list LOL.

Tank621
24-04-2017, 07:03
Don't worry we're simultaneously talking about it on the track thread as well Haha

joelsantos24
24-04-2017, 12:13
I'm not worried about the track list, because if they can offer somewhat the same that they did in the first game, and quite possibly even build on it, it will definitely be epic. I'm far more worried about the car list, and the, more than likely, concessions or compromises they'll have to make, because they want to offer us the "freshest" experience possible.

Bealdor
24-04-2017, 12:23

I know I'm really late to the party but those aren't the only differences between the GT3 and the GTLM version:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1321782&viewfull=1#post1321782

DECATUR PLAYA
24-04-2017, 15:03
I'm not worried about the track list, because if they can offer somewhat the same that they did in the first game, and quite possibly even build on it, it will definitely be epic. I'm far more worried about the car list, and the, more than likely, concessions or compromises they'll have to make, because they want to offer us the "freshest" experience possible.

Im not worried about the track list as Daytona has been shown multiple times. Just patiently waiting on official ovals news. As wide as some of these tracks seem in videos it seems that even the Pcars 1 tracks will feel new.

breyzipp
24-04-2017, 18:59
https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/170403_CivicTypeR_TimeAttack-_305-640x427.jpg

Apart from the number plate lacking "WMD 2017", doesn't this look like it could come straight out of PCARS2? It's actually a real life photo. :) Racing game screenshots are becoming that realistic. :)

source: https://www.gtplanet.net/hondas-civic-type-r-takes-on-the-nurburgring-and-wins/

Konan
24-04-2017, 19:02
Yeah...i often have to put on my glasses and even then it's hard to see the difference...:cool:

Roger Prynne
24-04-2017, 19:34
^ That's what she said :cocksure:

rosko
24-04-2017, 20:48
Iv abviously missed something wats this infamous reputation im hearing about for one?

And TWO why are we talking about a track on the confirmed CAR list instead of the TRACK list LOL.

Tabloid journalism on driving sims, has been very critical of various sims especially the first pcars. Just have a read through the previous blogs.

RacingAtHome
24-04-2017, 20:56
Tabloid journalism on driving sims, has been very critical of various sims especially the first pcars. Just have a read through the previous blogs.

A bit harsh. ABSOLUTELY NO news source is as bad and lazy as Tabloid Journalism. Like The Sun.

F1_Racer68
25-04-2017, 01:01
I know I'm really late to the party but those aren't the only differences between the GT3 and the GTLM version:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1321782&viewfull=1#post1321782

I included the link to the full BMW Motorsports page in my original post so people could read it for themselves.

Here is what they have to say about it:

"Unlike the BMW M6 GT3, the BMW M6 GTLM must not have ABS. At 1,250 kg when empty, the BMW M6 GTLM is also about 50 kilograms lighter and has a slightly longer wheelbase.
The dimensions of the wheels and tyres are also different to those on the BMW M6 GT3, as is the tank capacity. The BMW M6 GTLM achieves far faster lap times than the BMW M6 GT3, primarily because of the Michelin tyres specified in the regulations for the GTLM class."

So, yes, there are a few other differences (GTLM is 50KG lighter and slightly longer wheelbase), but the primary differences are the lack of ABS, bigger wheels and tires, and fuel tank capacity. Obviously, the car also has to meet the 2017 ACO GTE Aero regulations, so the aero package is different.

My point was simply that the GTLM is based directly off of the GT3, so while there are differences, they are not massive differences. Which simply supports the original discussion and speculation that if the GT3 version is in the game (has been confirmed) the GTLM version probably is too (not yet confirmed). Also there is technically no "GTE" version, as the car was built specifically for the IMSA GTLM class (which is based on ACO's GTE but is not 100% the same) to be raced in North America. The ACO has never homologated the car.

Tank621
25-04-2017, 14:50
Lotus 72D confirmed in the Red Bull Ring article
'Rindt duly qualified on pole, but the Ford engine in his Lotus 72 (you can drive the evolution of the 72, the 72D, in Project CARS 2) expired on lap 21.'

Aile_Bleue
26-04-2017, 12:52
The Renault Clio 4 Cup !!!!!!!! Yeah !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9ezoqLuqA

Mahjik
26-04-2017, 13:15
The Renault Clio 4 Cup !!!!!!!! Yeah !

I don't think that's what you think it is... Check out this article:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/project-cars-2s-rod-chong-on-controllers-rallycross-and-multiplayer-carnage/

“We’re being a little agnostic between the WRX and GRC championships. We’ve been cherry-picking the top cars from both, there’s the Honda Civic Coupe, VW Polo, Ford Focus and Mini Countryman, and we’ve made two fictional rallycross cars, a Renault and a Mercedes. We worked with them to get their thoughts on what their Rallycross cars could look like. We also have the Olsbergs MSE Supercars Lites beginner car, that’s a good car to get to grips with the driving style. What it’s like to drive these machines is very different from what you typically understand about driving powerful cars, you have to chuck them in the corner and drive sideways. In some ways, it is almost like an arcade game but we have ensured it is 100% simulation. We take our next-gen simulation engine and we’ve applied it to Rallycross, and we have come up with some pretty exciting stuff.”

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 17:21
“We’re being a little agnostic between the WRX and GRC championships. We’ve been cherry-picking the top cars from both, there’s the Honda Civic Coupe, VW Polo, Ford Focus and Mini Countryman, and we’ve made two fictional rallycross cars, a Renault and a Mercedes. We worked with them to get their thoughts on what their Rallycross cars could look like. We also have the Olsbergs MSE Supercars Lites beginner car, that’s a good car to get to grips with the driving style. What it’s like to drive these machines is very different from what you typically understand about driving powerful cars, you have to chuck them in the corner and drive sideways. In some ways, it is almost like an arcade game but we have ensured it is 100% simulation. We take our next-gen simulation engine and we’ve applied it to Rallycross, and we have come up with some pretty exciting stuff.”

Two cars, that's already the Mercedes and the Renault Megane from the RX video. Hmm then what is the Renault Clio from the screenshot?

The plot thickens! :P

rosko
26-04-2017, 17:25
Its not a Clio.

Konan
26-04-2017, 17:30
Its not a Clio.

...but it looks like Cleo(patra)....simply gorgeous...:rolleyes:

Tank621
26-04-2017, 17:44
Shame its not very clear-o which one it is

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 17:52
Its not a Clio.

This... is.... CCCCLLLIIIIIOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Konan
26-04-2017, 17:55
No it's nooooooooooooooot

Tank621
26-04-2017, 17:58
Here's a Megane for comparison, looks more like the clio to me 237526

Konan
26-04-2017, 18:02
...post #574...

Aile_Bleue
26-04-2017, 18:15
It's a Renault CLIO 4 Cup (2016) not a Mégane I'm sure !

rosko
26-04-2017, 18:20
It's a Renault CLIO 4 Cup (2016) not a Mégane I'm sure !

Yeah i think you are right.

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 19:02
No it's nooooooooooooooot

Wait... you're right... it's... a SAAB!

Aile_Bleue
26-04-2017, 19:04
Renault Clio 4 RS Cup :

Renault Mégane 3 RS (The current Mégane 3 RS, the Mégane 4 RS has not been presented to the public !) :

Mad Al
26-04-2017, 19:12
Nicole... Papa? .... Nicole?... Papa!!!

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 19:12
Here's a Megane for comparison, looks more like the clio to me 237526

That's the latest Megane model, certainly not that one.

The 2016 RS 275 is a bit closer but still, that screenshot is a Clio dammit! No Megane has that short and tall hood and has those ugly front light covers. :)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qKZNtgGTG18/V48MSxV0tdI/AAAAAAAAIX4/30O3Q-Y6oAcQR8nIE0_98E-ieNHsmtCLQCLcB/s1600/4.jpg

Unless this is magic SMS tricks where they thought it would be cool to make a Megane SMS-RX with Clio headlights and hood. :P

Mad Al
26-04-2017, 19:14
Or maybe having some mud thrown around in that shot is confusing people.... ;)

Aile_Bleue
26-04-2017, 19:19
That's the latest Megane model, certainly not that one.

The 2016 RS 275 is a bit closer but still, that screenshot is a Clio dammit! No Megane has that short and tall hood and has those ugly front light covers. :)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qKZNtgGTG18/V48MSxV0tdI/AAAAAAAAIX4/30O3Q-Y6oAcQR8nIE0_98E-ieNHsmtCLQCLcB/s1600/4.jpg

Unless this is magic SMS tricks where they thought it would be cool to make a Megane SMS-RX with Clio headlights and hood. :P Yeah you are right ! On the screenshot, it's a Clio Cup !

cluck
26-04-2017, 19:34
No it's noooooooooooooootOh yes it is ....*

(is it panto season again already?)

Obligatory other joke alert :

"Yes it is and so is its wife"

Obligatory final other crap joke:

"It looks like a Clio but due to international copyright law it isn't"
"Let's drive it like it is a Clio"
"We will, even though it isn't!"

* not really

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 19:36
Or maybe having some mud thrown in that shot around is confusing people.... ;)

There is actually nothing confusing at all. :)

I'm adding the 2013 Renault Clio Cup to the tracklist and unless his royal wookie highness himself comes telling me I'm wrong, it's staying there. :)

And I will put it in a separate category since it's probably not particulary part of rallycross (I sure hope not). It's just looking cute and sexy all mudded up *roar* :D

Mad Al
26-04-2017, 19:42
I wasn't confused at all.... I could tell from the roof intake and the rear spoiler... and Megan has a fat arse :)

Tank621
26-04-2017, 19:45
Perhaps it is a demonstration of the offroad tyres being available on any car

Mad Al
26-04-2017, 19:47
Perhaps it is a demonstration of the offroad tyres being available on any car

Na, just the usual crap English weather making life interesting :)

Konan
26-04-2017, 19:49
Yeah...too bad it often blows over to Belgium...:rolleyes:

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 19:54
I wasn't confused at all.... I could tell from the roof intake and ...

Ooh, that not for towing? :-)

Na, just the usual crap English weather making life interesting :)

LOL xD

@Tank621 yeah or just to spice up some variety in the offroad screenshots. Again, that little bugger does look sexy in the mud :)

Is it the 2013 version? Aile_Bleue mentioned the 2016 version but if I look at the PCARS1 Renault Sport DLC trailer I honestly don't see any differences (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILMibGzk-7Y). It's still the same generation, it was launched december 2012 and started racing in 2013. I think if there are changes between the 2013 and 2016 version it's mostly under the hood so unless we are absolutely sure I rather keep it at 2013.

Really happy this car is back in, was fun in PCARS 1 and I really like the less powerful road and racing cars a lot on the shorter circuits (hello Cadwell park, I hope you will not be as underused in PCARS2 career as in PCARS1!).

Mad Al
26-04-2017, 20:04
I think I'm probably allowed to say 2014.... same as PC1

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 20:08
I think I'm probably allowed to say 2014.... same as PC1

Thank you. :) Are you also allowed to comment on the year of the road version of the Corvette? In the announcement trailer we saw either the 2015 or 2016 model of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 but there was some debate which one it actually was early on in the thread. I gambled on 2015 for the topic post. :)

RacingAtHome
26-04-2017, 20:41
There is actually nothing confusing at all. :)

I'm adding the 2013 Renault Clio Cup to the tracklist and unless his royal wookie highness himself comes telling me I'm wrong, it's staying there. :)

And I will put it in a separate category since it's probably not particulary part of rallycross (I sure hope not). It's just looking cute and sexy all mudded up *roar* :D

Where's the 2013 Renault Clio Cup track? Never seen it. ;)

wicken
26-04-2017, 21:19
You could also add the 2015 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo since it's the only officially confirmed Lamborghini model confirmed thus far.
http://www.virtualr.net/lamborghini-coming-project-cars-2

Roger Prynne
26-04-2017, 23:22
^ Hehe if only I could say something to make your day :devilish:

Azure Flare
26-04-2017, 23:35
You could also add the 2015 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo since it's the only officially confirmed Lamborghini model confirmed thus far.
http://www.virtualr.net/lamborghini-coming-project-cars-2

Do remember this article is from 2015.

wicken
27-04-2017, 07:21
Do remember this article is from 2015.
I am aware of that but the guy who wrote that article works for SMS and not long ago when Ian Bell was teasing the Dedicated Servers, that car was also highlighted.

Not to mention that it also was in the leaked trailer but let's not discuss that.

^ Hehe if only I could say something to make your day :devilish:
I'm confused. Should I imagine that in a positive or negative way? :p

Roger Prynne
27-04-2017, 10:28
Have it this way, you shouldn't be disappointed :loyal:

breyzipp
27-04-2017, 12:13
Should I add that Huracan ST? I would assume we get the Huracan GT3, no? The American already said that in the GT3 camp every major manufacturer was present. So for sure Lambo is with them.

Or will the ST just race together with the GT3 pack? I sure hope not.

Still too much missing info IMO.

Tank621
27-04-2017, 15:17
Saw this in the latest rallycross article:-
"In Project CARS 2, you’ll be able to race the 1972 Escort Mk1 Rallycross, along with the Escort Mk1 RS1600. The difference? In the Mk1 Rallycross, you’ll find a rally engine that was sold as a performance kit back in the early ’70s. Named the Cosworth BDB, it’s capable of 200hp, and is a guarantee of happy-slappy tail-wagging fun at anything over 4,000Rrpm."

RacingAtHome
27-04-2017, 16:57
Should I add that Huracan ST? I would assume we get the Huracan GT3, no? The American already said that in the GT3 camp every major manufacturer was present. So for sure Lambo is with them.

Or will the ST just race together with the GT3 pack? I sure hope not.

Still too much missing info IMO.

That would make no sense. It's in it's own class.

honespc
27-04-2017, 19:43
You guys should have a look at how this road car performs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEv_uFBnzwI

Amazing. Do you see its insane traction and total absence of damn understeer?

Will this one be in pc2?

Tank621
27-04-2017, 19:57
You mean the car? We don't know

Azure Flare
27-04-2017, 20:58
I'm sure someone can answer that question.

breyzipp
27-04-2017, 22:26
Saw this in the latest rallycross article:-
"In Project CARS 2, you’ll be able to race the 1972 Escort Mk1 Rallycross, along with the Escort Mk1 RS1600. The difference? In the Mk1 Rallycross, you’ll find a rally engine that was sold as a performance kit back in the early ’70s. Named the Cosworth BDB, it’s capable of 200hp, and is a guarantee of happy-slappy tail-wagging fun at anything over 4,000Rrpm."

Nice found! Juts got home from a late night and need to go to sleep, I'll check this and add it tomorrow evening.

Roger Prynne
27-04-2017, 22:53

Will this one be in pc2?

I'm sure someone can answer that question.

I can answer that question, but I cant :friendly_wink:

hkraft300
27-04-2017, 23:00

No. How do you see insane traction and total absence of understeer from on-board video of a hot lap?

dault3883
27-04-2017, 23:01

in other words you know the answer but ur not at liberty to tell it to us

F1_Racer68
27-04-2017, 23:17

Roger has been hanging out with Cluck again..... There is a 918 in pCARS2, but it's the SAAB 918 Turbo!! ;):witless:

​I'll get my coat now.....

dault3883
27-04-2017, 23:19
Roger has been hanging out with Cluck again..... There is a 918 in pCARS2, but it's the SAAB 918 Turbo!! ;):witless:

when saab went under it was a saab story LOL

RacingAtHome
28-04-2017, 02:24

I don't want to hear your whiny Saab story. Go Saab over there.

hkraft300
28-04-2017, 02:35

I don't want to hear your whiny Saab story. Go Saab over there.

:hopelessness:

Konan
28-04-2017, 06:00

Tank621
28-04-2017, 06:55
It's a Saab Saab situation

wicken
28-04-2017, 08:47
There you go, first Porsche spotted. Welcome to PCARS2, Porsche 911 GT3 R.
http://i.imgur.com/VVFjquC.png

ShimonART
28-04-2017, 09:23
how do you know its porsche and not ruf?

wicken
28-04-2017, 09:30
how do you know its porsche and not ruf?
Because the rear of that car gives it away.
http://hanabi.autoweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/gen-738-415/public/GT3%20R%20wing.jpg?itok=zXZ7X3Nw

breyzipp
28-04-2017, 09:38
There you go, first Porsche spotted. Welcome to PCARS2, Porsche 911 GT3 R.
http://i.imgur.com/VVFjquC.png
Nice one! But is this legit? From the Red Bull ring demo? Weird that they added a Porsche there

ShimonART
28-04-2017, 09:43
hope it will be non dlc car!

wicken
28-04-2017, 09:44
Nice one! But is this legit? From the Red Bull ring demo? Weird that they added a Porsche there
Yes, it's from the guys from the infamous PRC blog. Totally legit footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbL6aOP-Ioc

Mascot
28-04-2017, 10:49
Yes, it's from the guys from the infamous PRC blog. Totally legit footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbL6aOP-Ioc

Looks lovely!

ShimonART
28-04-2017, 11:04
theres also the indy footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS8YN2BREQY

OddTimer
28-04-2017, 13:04
I love the way the opposite wheel angels while turning in the Indy video...

Azure Flare
28-04-2017, 13:07
Well the cat's out of the bag now.

Porsche confirmed.

OddTimer
28-04-2017, 13:15
now the Acura NSX GT3 sound is pretty bad...no transmission sound and neither suspension squeaky...I hope audio is improved quite a lot by release time...

hkraft300
28-04-2017, 14:04
Bit rough on the downshifts!
I like that the engineer warns of high engine temps now.
The colours on the footage look great. Hope the ps4 version looks half as good.

now the Acura NSX GT3 sound is pretty bad...no transmission sound and neither suspension squeaky...I hope audio is improved quite a lot by release time...

Driven one, have you?

DECATUR PLAYA
28-04-2017, 16:21
theres also the indy footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS8YN2BREQY

This guy's driving showcases more of what I want to see in Pcars. Long Beach just looks sexy in this vid. Notice no squeaky, squeaky in the turns. Good turn in good power out. That's the Pcars that I wanted to see.

Silraed
28-04-2017, 16:40
Bit rough on the downshifts!
I like that the engineer warns of high engine temps now.

Just a bit?

More info from the engineer is great to see, or hear I suppose.

F1_Racer68
28-04-2017, 18:50

Sorry to bust your bubble on this one bud.........

For those who don't know, Ryan Eversley is a Honda Facotry driver and drives the NSX GT3 in the Pirelli Word Challenge for the Real Time Acura team.

RacingAtHome
28-04-2017, 18:57
Sorry to bust your bubble on this one bud.........

For those who don't know, Ryan Eversley is a Honda Facotry driver and drives the NSX GT3 in the Pirelli Word Challenge for the Real Time Acura team.

Katherine Legge's better. ;)

F1_Racer68
28-04-2017, 19:02
Katherine Legge's better. ;)

I won't argue that. I could have asked her too, but I know Ryan is far more active on Twitter. He and I tweet each other regularly.

But I have been a die hard Katherine Legge fan since "the wreck" at Road America....... a TRUE racer......

For those who don't remember........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2iqmliVMk

The post medical interview is THE BEST!!!!

RacingAtHome
28-04-2017, 19:14
I won't argue that. I could have asked her too, but I know Ryan is far more active on Twitter. He and I tweet each other regularly.

But I have been a die hard Katherine Legge fan since "the wreck" at Road America....... a TRUE racer......

For those who don't remember........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2iqmliVMk

The post medical interview is THE BEST!!!!

Fair enough. I just know Katherine more than I do Ryan. :P

Tank621
28-04-2017, 19:16
Ha I like that subtle plugging of Rapid Response by the commentator. That being said it is a great book, if you want to learn more about the history of Indycar/CART or safety in motorsport I would highly recommend it

breyzipp
28-04-2017, 19:43
Latest updates to main article :

vintage racing
1970 Ford Escort RS 1600 (Rallycross article and video (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/rallycross-hustles-into-project-cars-2-with-a-license-to-thrill-with-licensed-cars-and-tracks?lang=en)) {moved from vintage rallycross}

vintage Rallycross
1972 Ford Escort Mk1 Rallycross (2nd Rallycross article (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/how-rallycross-went-from-lydden-hill-to-king-of-the-hill-to-project-cars-2?lang=en)) {new}

modern GT3
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R (991) (Red Bull Ring GT3 demo (https://youtu.be/jbL6aOP-Ioc?t=50s)) {new}

modern IndyCar
2016 Dallara/Honda DW12 (Long Beach Street Circuit (WIP Footage) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS8YN2BREQY)) {video added}

ShimonART
28-04-2017, 20:03
I agree about transmission sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WFZO8py5TA

F1_Racer68
28-04-2017, 20:43
Microphone position affects the sound a lot.

And there is one other thing everyone seems to forget...... The in game audio is intended to reflect what the DRIVER hears. Between the radio ear buds, the fire proof balaclava, and the helmet, all in car sounds will be more muffled to the driver, compared to what a "naked" microphone will pick up.

As I said, when a pro driver who actually drives the car in real life, and who has no affiliation with SMS in any way, says that it's "pretty damn close", I tend to take his word for it over that of an armchair racer who is comparing it to in car YouTube videos.

I think the major flaws of YouTube audio and video compression has been covered enough already that I don't need to rehash that.

breyzipp
28-04-2017, 21:28

And there is one other thing everyone seems to forget...... The in game audio is intended to reflect what the DRIVER hears. Between the radio ear buds, the fire proof balaclava, and the helmet, all in car sounds will be more muffled to the driver, compared to what a "naked" microphone will pick up.

As I said, when a pro driver who actually drives the car in real life, and who has no affiliation with SMS in any way, says that it's "pretty damn close", I tend to take his word for it over that of an armchair racer who is comparing it to in car YouTube videos.

I think the major flaws of YouTube audio and video compression has been covered enough already that I don't need to rehash that.

Fully agree with this. And to be honest I watched that video without having any clue what the real car is supposed to sound and I thought that PC2 NSX GT3 sounded pretty decent. And a helluva better than all those sterile sounding cars in the latest flood of GT:S beta videos.

cluck
28-04-2017, 21:42

I think the major flaws of YouTube audio and video compression has been covered enough already that I don't need to rehash that.It's not just microphone position, it's the fact that most of them are mounted to the rollcage, hence picking up far more of the car's NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) than you hear filtered through the natural filter that is your arse. Then there's microphone quality etc etc etc. . The problem most of us have is that TV and YouTube are our only sources of reference as 99.99% of us will never get to sit in the driver's seat of one of these machines. However, having heard the difference in audio from my own camera, based on mounting it to a window with a Hague kit vs a block of drilled wood 'attached' to the passenger seat's headrest poles (where the seat itself dampens quite a lot of the NVH), there's no doubt in my mind that what we think is "accurate car sound" is nothing of the sort.

ryandtw
29-04-2017, 00:51
Well the cat's out of the bag now.

Porsche confirmed.

Looks like the post-EA water rush of Porsche coming to non-EA games continue, such as Forza (back again), Assetto Corsa, more recently GT Sport, and soon pCARS...

Azure Flare
29-04-2017, 00:53
Looks like the post-EA water rush of Porsche coming to non-EA games continue, such as Forza (back again), Assetto Corsa, more recently GT Sport, and soon pCARS...

And iRacing too.

rosko
29-04-2017, 00:57
It's not just microphone position, it's the fact that most of them are mounted to the rollcage, hence picking up far more of the car's NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) than you hear filtered through the natural filter that is your arse. Then there's microphone quality etc etc etc. . The problem most of us have is that TV and YouTube are our only sources of reference as 99.99% of us will never get to sit in the driver's seat of one of these machines. However, having heard the difference in audio from my own camera, based on mounting it to a window with a Hague kit vs a block of drilled wood 'attached' to the passenger seat's headrest poles (where the seat itself dampens quite a lot of the NVH), there's no doubt in my mind that what we think is "accurate car sound" is nothing of the sort.

I think the audio from what i have heard is very very good. I've become somewhat obsessed by in car audio having to endure really poor audio in AC using VR. I think they nailed the colour & tone of the engine as well as the ambient acoustics & mixing. They have gone to some lengths though from what i have read to get it right by not only getting great recordings but getting the factory drivers to give feedback on the sound. I just think its so nice to hear in car audio in a sim that sounds realistic for a change.
It's interesting though when i complain about the audio in Assetto Corsa that i get pretty much the same response as above, that i'm expecting it to sound like youtube videos etc.
The only thinng that maybe would have good is binaural audio as an option a swell as 5.1 but then i'm just being picky.

Mascot
29-04-2017, 05:56

It's not just microphone position, it's the fact that most of them are mounted to the rollcage, hence picking up far more of the car's NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) than you hear filtered through the natural filter that is your arse. Then there's microphone quality etc etc etc. . The problem most of us have is that TV and YouTube are our only sources of reference as 99.99% of us will never get to sit in the driver's seat of one of these machines. However, having heard the difference in audio from my own camera, based on mounting it to a window with a Hague kit vs a block of drilled wood 'attached' to the passenger seat's headrest poles (where the seat itself dampens quite a lot of the NVH), there's no doubt in my mind that what we think is "accurate car sound" is nothing of the sort.

I'm all for reality in sims but I really hope SMS give the player comprehensive options to tweak and remap audio to personal preference. Not everyone will want heavily damped and muffled cockpit audio filtered through virtual earplugs, Nomex and crash helmet. Sometimes you just want to have that screaming engine, raspy exhaust note and explosive downshifts in full effect for the most visceral audio experience possible.

Choice: a good thing.

Konan
29-04-2017, 06:28
Too much choice:a bad thing :p (as proven in the past)

hkraft300
29-04-2017, 06:51
... want heavily damped and muffled cockpit audio filtered through virtual earplugs, Nomex and crash helmet...

Helmet cam.

want to have that screaming engine
Cockpit cam

raspy exhaust note and explosive downshifts in full effect

Chase cam.

Choice indeed ;)

Mascot
29-04-2017, 07:12
Helmet cam.

Cockpit cam

Chase cam.

Choice indeed ;)

Ha ha..! You know what I mean.
:P

breyzipp
29-04-2017, 09:01
Too much choice:a bad thing :p (as proven in the past)

Haha, I had a good laugh with these series of comments. :)

I'd like to comment on Konan's line though. In PCARS 1 I absolutely love tons of options and setting choices as long as it's perfectly clear what each setting does. The 100% configurable controller, the adjustable hud, even for each type of camera you can change the settings (show/hide the helmet itself in helmet camera, change the amount of blur for this camera). I still want all these options (and more :P) for PCARS 2!!! :)

However, where things went a bit overboard was controller input settings / behaviour and ffb settings. There are so many options I am absolutely clueless about what they do and I need to follow Youtube videos or guides and hope for the best that afterwards my controller input experience will be better. I believe it has already been said that these settings will still be in the game but a bit further hidden down in the menus and that better, more general overlying settings which are much easier to understand are what you will see first when you want to tweak settings.

So in the end I hope the cheer amount of options and settings won't be turned down for PCARS 2, instead I hope that we get better descriptions what options do and that the set of options for controller/wheel input/feedback/behavior are revamped and simplified (while still allowing the rocket science degree engineers to go in depth under the hood).

Ha ha..! You know what I mean.
:P

I know perfectly what you mean. :) Wasn't it GT6 that allowed you to select your car sound source like this? :

1) depending on camera view
2) always cockpit
3) always chase cam
4) always bumper cam
etc etc

Would be really nice to have this in PCARS 2 as well, just the other day I was racing the Marek LMP2 in a championship (helmet cam) and after a couple of races started to toggle the camera views. This thing sounds quite impressive in chase camera tbh and even though I'm all PRO realism it would just be fun to be able to for example fix my car sound to the chase cam sound even while I'm using the cockpit view.

Honestly, I don't think it would be that much work? I mean all the sound queues are there already, it's just a matter of which one is used.

ShimonART
29-04-2017, 09:12

so no car should have transmission sound in the game just because you wear a helmet? that's just ridiculous what your saying.
the jag gameplay has transmission sound...

cluck
29-04-2017, 09:57
so no car should have transmission sound in the game just because you wear a helmet? that's just ridiculous what your saying.
the jag gameplay has transmission sound...He's not saying that at all, he's saying that the audio should reflect what the driver hears. If a particular car has particularly loud transmission noises, then that should be what we hear in the cockpit. Putting loud transmission in just because it's what people expect is unrealistic :)

hkraft300
29-04-2017, 10:53
so no car should have transmission sound in the game just because you wear a helmet?

Well, if you're in helmet camera mode...
:p

Zpectre87
29-04-2017, 11:01
The NSX is a turbo V6, it's not gonna sound very loud, right? :D

rosko
29-04-2017, 11:36
Is that definitely a fact, that what you hear is a representation of audio with helmet & earplugs?

Mad Al
29-04-2017, 11:40
Is that definitely a fact, that what you hear is a representation of audio with helmet & earplugs?

the audio changes with the camera position... ???

hkraft300
29-04-2017, 11:56

... want heavily damped and muffled cockpit audio filtered through virtual earplugs, Nomex and crash helmet...

Helmet cam.

One more time.

APR193
29-04-2017, 11:57
Has anyone picked up on the car the player is behind at the very end of the Red Bull Ring video? Its the SLS GT3, not the newer (and confirmed) AMG GT3??

dault3883
29-04-2017, 12:41
Has anyone picked up on the car the player is behind at the very end of the Red Bull Ring video? Its the SLS GT3, not the newer (and confirmed) AMG GT3??

that will make a few people on the forum happy i believe

Silraed
29-04-2017, 12:52
Not everyone will want heavily damped and muffled cockpit audio filtered through virtual earplugs, Nomex and crash helmet.

On the other hand I would love to have that muffled mix from the helmet overlay even when I have the overlay disabled.

Mascot
29-04-2017, 13:25
On the other hand I would love to have that muffled mix from the helmet overlay even when I have the overlay disabled.

Another pro-choicer. Our ranks are swelling.

Mahjik
29-04-2017, 13:33
That's not going to be a *thing* for pCARS2, but maybe something they look at for pCARS3.

rosko
29-04-2017, 13:57
One more time.

Sorry for the confusion but people are referring to the video of the nsx that is not a helmet cam & suggesting that its muffled & then somebody else suggesting that's because it simulated wearing a helmet & earplugs like irl. My point being, to me that video didn't sound muffled at all.

Mahjik
29-04-2017, 14:08
Sorry for the confusion but people are referring to the video of the nsx that is not a helmet cam & suggesting that its muffled & then somebody else suggesting that's because it simulated wearing a helmet & earplugs like irl. My point being, to me that video didn't sound muffled at all.

The way pCARS does the muffling, it's not that extreme. Just enough to simulate a difference from "cockpit" to "helmet". I'm not suggesting what is or isn't in the video as I don't know. My understanding was the video was done from an event using VR. If that is the case, it would be Helmet Cam without the visor (which would be the muffled version of sound). However, I wasn't there so I don't know.

I will say that in reality, the "muffling" works differently than what is easily simulated. i.e. it muffles certain frequencies of sounds but others can come through clearer. Ask any racer and they'll tell you the first time they used earplugs while racing; they heard knocks, cracks, squeaks, and other strange noises they never heard before (i.e. the engine noise is muffled but the others come through easier)... ;) I had one driver tell me he was going back to using no earplugs because those sounds had him thinking something was wrong with his car.

Szuper
29-04-2017, 17:32
How about idea, can we option to drive Japan cars on left side? I really like Skyline R34, but i want to drive it left side ;)

breyzipp
29-04-2017, 18:02
How about idea, can we option to drive Japan cars on left side? I really like Skyline R34, but i want to drive it left side ;)

I will send the following screenshot with feedback to SMS immediately! The game indeed lacks road markings and 2 really important traffic signs!

Mahjik
29-04-2017, 18:41

Since the cars are fully modeled with engines, steering racks, etc... It requires an entirely separate 3D model to have the steering wheel on the other side. In other words, unless the manufacturer requests it, the cars will be modeled exactly as the manufacturer has requested it only (so far Toyota was the only one to request LHD & RHD versions).

Zpectre87
29-04-2017, 20:32
Since the cars are fully modeled with engines, steering racks, etc... It requires an entirely separate 3D model to have the steering wheel on the other side. In other words, unless the manufacturer requests it, the cars will be modeled exactly as the manufacturer has requested it only (so far Toyota was the only one to request LHD & RHD versions).

Correct me if I'm wrong but a Skyline R34 GT-R would be extremely rare in LHD if not impossible to find, as I don't think Nissan has built them for LHD markets. Those late 90s JDM cars were usually restricted to Japan.

Mahjik
29-04-2017, 21:57
Correct me if I'm wrong but a Skyline R34 GT-R would be extremely rare in LHD if not impossible to find, as I don't think Nissan has built them for LHD markets. Those late 90s JDM cars were usually restricted to Japan.

And who said SMS's R34 was LHD? ;)

If you look at the screenshots, there are many RHD cars:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/godzilla-is-coming-to-project-cars-2-with-four-stomping-nissan-gt-rs?lang=en

However, my point is that to have BOTH requires two completely separate 3D models. It's not just moving the viewing position from one side to another. With that, the driver position will be where the manufacturer requests it (for models that have been made with both driving positions).

ShimonART
30-04-2017, 07:00
r35 nismo also rhd :[

Zpectre87
30-04-2017, 11:26
And who said SMS's R34 was LHD? ;)

If you look at the screenshots, there are many RHD cars:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/godzilla-is-coming-to-project-cars-2-with-four-stomping-nissan-gt-rs?lang=en

However, my point is that to have BOTH requires two completely separate 3D models. It's not just moving the viewing position from one side to another. With that, the driver position will be where the manufacturer requests it (for models that have been made with both driving positions).

Oh no Mahjik, I was agreeing with you, haha. :D

I probably should've quoted the other guy instead. A quick search showed me the R34 was exported to RHD markets, mostly. LHD Skyline search brought me to unofficial conversions only.

Off-topic: sadly the Wikipedia entries on these cars sound more like a fanboy effort than a piece of information on the car... The Skyline GT-R entry effectively accuses the FIA of deliberately outlawing the Skyline by changing regulations at a supposedly "crucial" moment, when that wasn't what happened, as Nissan weren't the only ones sweeping championships with AWD cars (Audi were, too). Same thing with rotaries being "banned" at Le Mans because of the Mazda 787B's win, when by 1991 the FIA was already forcing everyone to comply with the 3.5L formula, which would've outlawed a rotary regardless of Mazda winning the race.

ShimonART
01-05-2017, 09:22
any word on real open wheel cars?

hkraft300
01-05-2017, 09:31
any word on real open wheel cars?

Indy (Honda + Chev), and Lotus 25, 72D, 78, 79.

dault3883
01-05-2017, 13:05
id love to have some Tyrell cars that Jackie Stewart drove on there hes one of my all time F1 Hero's

Tank621
01-05-2017, 19:10
It would certainly be good to see a more diverse field of classic open wheelers to give the Lotus' some competition

MillsLayne
01-05-2017, 22:57
It would certainly be good to see a more diverse field of classic open wheelers to give the Lotus' some competition

Like the six-wheeled Tyrrell.

Konan
01-05-2017, 23:02
Yeah...that was something else...:cool:

MillsLayne
01-05-2017, 23:05
^The Super Swede!

Konan
01-05-2017, 23:12
^The Super SWEAT!

FTFY

dault3883
01-05-2017, 23:22

i was thinking more along the lines of the tyrrell from 1970 or 1971 like he ran at monaco in his movie weekend of a champion which covers his running of the 1971 Monaco Grand Prix237593237594237595237596

Zpectre87
01-05-2017, 23:45
Mercedes GP is a very distant successor of Tyrrell, so there's that. :D

The team's last days weren't very good, though, because Ken found himself forced out of his own business by BAT and was clearly dissatisfied with it, as he died of cancer soon after.

MillsLayne
01-05-2017, 23:46
I love that Tyrrell, too.

What about these? :p

http://www.diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Brabham-BT46B-Fan-car-730x424.jpg
https://thejudge13.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/js5-1976-w.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYemSMJUoAAOlg6.jpg

Azure Flare
01-05-2017, 23:59
Let's just leave that Ligier and Ensign in the past.

dault3883
02-05-2017, 00:27
I love that Tyrrell, too.

What about these? :p

http://www.diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Brabham-BT46B-Fan-car-730x424.jpg
https://thejudge13.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/js5-1976-w.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYemSMJUoAAOlg6.jpg

the middle one is god awful ugly

im a huge Jackie Stewart fan so if he drove it i want to try my hand at it

breyzipp
02-05-2017, 04:59

I doubt 6 wheels will work with the current physics engine. :) But yeah, it would be nice to have.

proterra1
02-05-2017, 10:22

A BMW?

OddTimer
02-05-2017, 10:38
M6?

Tank621
02-05-2017, 10:47
Grabbed this from google for comparison

cluck
02-05-2017, 11:11

A Saab?Oh yes, at last, a Saab reveal :yes: . Oh happy joy :abnormal:

proterra1
02-05-2017, 11:16
Here's another M6 from Google which I then edited:

proterra1
02-05-2017, 11:38
In fact, I think it's the M6 GTLM. The lights in the teaser photo appear more yellow and in the photo below, notice the black bit cutting off the top of the headlights.

Also on twitter they describe it as a beast!

eduardxw
02-05-2017, 12:19
Does anyone knows about the release date ?
Thank you

proterra1
02-05-2017, 12:25
Does anyone knows about the release date ?
Thank you

Currently it's "Late 2017".

breyzipp
02-05-2017, 12:31
BMW for sure, maybe an article on the way about GT3 or GTLM? Would be sweet :)

cluck
02-05-2017, 12:32
Dunno why people keep going on about BMW, it's a Saab, look ...

:joyous:

proterra1
02-05-2017, 12:44

How did you get that to fit so well?! That's well done!

Roger Prynne
02-05-2017, 13:28
^ Magic of course :rolleyes:

Bealdor
02-05-2017, 13:42

Konan
02-05-2017, 15:15
Magic applied with a featherlight tough...there is a difference you know...:p

Jocker
02-05-2017, 16:37
The TCR cars are included on PC2 ?

breyzipp
02-05-2017, 18:46

hahaha, epic! :D

wicken
02-05-2017, 22:52
Ferrari 488 GT3 being teased here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTmivSqlNPx/?taken-by=christinaracing

RacingAtHome
02-05-2017, 23:40
Hey Casey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4pwkNwDqw

hkraft300
03-05-2017, 00:18
Glowing brake discs confirmed.

poirqc
03-05-2017, 02:01
Hey Casey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4pwkNwDqw

This video goes somewhat towards something i'm wondering, but couldn't really get an answer.

During most of the video, you see the McLaren's chief test driver speaking about the 720s. How it was translated well in pCars2. I would take is words. He obviously knows a thing or two about driving a car. You see him using an high end rig when he does his testing.

I understand that lower end hardware won't render the driving experience as good as a nice, high end rig, but...

Does all those consultant only tests on high end gear? Does some of them also share their knowledge on lower end hardware?

Thanks,

Mahjik
03-05-2017, 03:08
Does all those consultant only tests on high end gear? Does some of them also share their knowledge on lower end hardware?

The consultants use whatever gear they have in their homes (most of them are using Fanatec gear). When SMS does events or special engagements like in the video, it will be a motion system using a DD wheel.

dault3883
03-05-2017, 03:58
The consultants use whatever gear they have in their homes (most of them are using Fanatec gear). When SMS does events or special engagements like in the video, it will be a motion system using a DD wheel.

DD wheel? whats that

hkraft300
03-05-2017, 04:19
DD wheel? whats that

Direct Drive. The good s***.

KANETAKER
03-05-2017, 06:22
Great, Porsche 911 GT3 and Ferrari 488 GT3 confirmed, but... same thing for Porsche and Ferrari GTE/LMGT versions?

breyzipp
03-05-2017, 06:38
Great, Porsche 911 GT3 and Ferrari 488 GT3 confirmed, but... same thing for Porsche and Ferrari GTE/LMGT versions?

Not sure about the Ferrari but those Porsches are completely different cars, it's not just a slightly different version for GTLM compared to GT3.

For GT3 they run the 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R (991) which is the racing version of the 911 R (991 platform) and still has the engine in the back ol' Porsche style.
For GTLM they run the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR which has been newly developed. I believe it's based on the 991 platform as well now but it has the engine more towards the middle so it's technically a mid engine Porsche. I think the first race it was in action was the Daytona 24h this year?

For Ferrari I think the 488 GT3 and GTLM are more or less 2 variants of the same car but I'm not so sure about the differences there.

Can't wait to see them both and the Ford GTLMs, Astins, Corvettes battle it out in Le Mans this year. :) LMP1 is a bit thin packed with Audi out of the picture and thus less interesting than last year (I will still be rooting for Toyota though!) but LMP2 and GTLM sure look very interesting. (Oreca 07 anyone? :P)

Mowzer
03-05-2017, 14:56
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/GraleGuy16/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-05/Screenshot_20170503-155457.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/GraleGuy16/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-05/Screenshot_20170503-155457.png.html)
:).

proterra1
03-05-2017, 14:58
BMW for sure, maybe an article on the way about GT3 or GTLM? Would be sweet :)

"Ready for battle @BMWMotorsport’s mighty M6 GT3 is on its way into #projectcars2"

Tank621
03-05-2017, 14:59
I know its the size of a bus but that thing does look pretty damn nice

Mowzer
03-05-2017, 15:03
I know its the size of a bus but that thing does look pretty damn nice

Love how it looks in that classic BMW Motorsport livery:).

Olijke Poffer
03-05-2017, 17:33
DD wheel? whats that
I presume Direct Drive.

Edit:Lol I just see My reply is a bit late and thus already answered the question by another member..

Konan
03-05-2017, 17:41
I presume Direct Drive.

Edit:Lol I just see My reply is a bit late and thus already answered the question by another member..

...and on the same page...BUUUUURN!...lol

Olijke Poffer
03-05-2017, 17:44
Yeah refresh problem I think.. but indeed. I will put on the donkey hat.

Konan
03-05-2017, 17:47
Don't worry...i can't even count on my hands and feet how many times i've been ninja'd..:cool:

poirqc
03-05-2017, 22:31

You do have some details to share how lower end hardware is integrated into the game?

Thanks,

morpwr
03-05-2017, 23:16
You do have some details to share how lower end hardware is integrated into the game?

Thanks,

Dude when are you going to retire that thing? Come on you deserve it for all the work here. Get yourself a birthday present.:)

Mahjik
03-05-2017, 23:42

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Does SMS test on G27's? Yes they do.

Azure Flare
04-05-2017, 00:29

WMD members do too, as well as Thrustmaster and Fanatec. Not sure how many have DD wheels though.

poirqc
04-05-2017, 02:00

TL;DR: Are professional drivers feedback, for FFB settings, applied to all wheel makes or only high end hardware?

I know that all wheels will correctly be supported, from a technical point of view(drivers, configuration, etc...). It's already covered in pCars 1.

I was wondering if their view, on FFB settings, would be translated to other wheel models. Let's take the McLaren's driver, for example. The guy said, he wasn't convinced about the driving aspect of the 720, at first. After some works on the car handling, he thought it was pretty awesome. This means the physics, and the FFB to render them, are dialed in the end.

I would think physics are dialed, game wide, regardless of the hardware used. However, the FFB settings won't translate 1:1 from the high end rig to other wheels. I understand the lower end hardware won't ever perform as good as the setup shown in the video. Are all wheels configured to behave somewhat the same?

Thanks,

P.S.:I should ask all this in the other thread, it's not related to known cars! :D

Azure Flare
04-05-2017, 02:25
TL;DR: Are professional drivers feedback, for FFB settings, applied to all wheel makes or only high end hardware?

I know that all wheels will correctly be supported, from a technical point of view(drivers, configuration, etc...). It's already covered in pCars 1.

I was wondering if their view, on FFB settings, would be translated to other wheel models. Let's take the McLaren's driver, for example. The guy said, he wasn't convinced about the driving aspect of the 720, at first. After some works on the car handling, he thought it was pretty awesome. This means the physics, and the FFB to render them, are dialed in the end.

I would think physics are dialed, game wide, regardless of the hardware used. However, the FFB settings won't translate 1:1 from the high end rig to other wheels. I understand the lower end hardware won't ever perform as good as the setup shown in the video. Are all wheels configured to behave somewhat the same?

Thanks,

P.S.:I should ask all this in the other thread, it's not related to known cars! :D

I think the FFB is programmed to do whatever it's supposed to do in the eyes of the devs, and then the wheel will interpret it how it was designed to.

For example, no matter which game you play, a Fanatec Clubsport V2 will always have stronger FFB than a V1.

Mahjik
04-05-2017, 03:38

The professional consultants describe the sensations that should come through the wheel (in quite detail I might add). SMS then works on developing the FFB model to be able to provide those sensations. Initially, they (SMS) aren't tuning or designing for any specific wheel. They are focusing on ensuring the FFB model can do what it needs to do from the professional consultants. There will be fine tuning of presets for supported wheels later (after the FFB model is feature complete), but those are typically crowd sourced by those who own the specific wheels (i.e. people post up what they use as setting and SMS will take a median approach to the defaults).

breyzipp
04-05-2017, 10:13
The professional consultants describe the sensations that should come through the wheel (in quite detail I might add). SMS then works on developing the FFB model to be able to provide those sensations. Initially, they (SMS) aren't tuning or designing for any specific wheel. They are focusing on ensuring the FFB model can do what it needs to do from the professional consultants. There will be fine tuning of presets for supported wheels later (after the FFB model is feature complete), but those are typically crowd sourced by those who own the specific wheels (i.e. people post up what they use as setting and SMS will take a median approach to the defaults).

Just out of curiosity, does the same wheel feel the same on different platforms? For example I used to have a Logitech G27 for my PS3 and today for my XBox One I have a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition (only the base remaining, everything else is swapped out :p). But I never had the luxury to try the same wheel on other platforms. If for example I would hook up my TX Wheel to a PC and play the PC version of PARS 1 would that in general feel the same as when it's all on my XBox One?

Tank621
04-05-2017, 13:27
I've used a G920 on both XBox and PC and its feels pretty much the same to me

OddTimer
04-05-2017, 13:33
Vulcan!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTq-DHnD673/

Azure Flare
04-05-2017, 16:55
The Vulcan has already been shown.

OddTimer
05-05-2017, 09:59
The Vulcan has already been shown.

Yeah I know...just got carried away...=]

breyzipp
05-05-2017, 10:05
I like Aston and I like track-only hypercars but for some reason that Vulcan doesn't interest me the slightest bit. The P1 GTR on the other hand... :cool:

Tank621
05-05-2017, 12:02
Strange, I like Mclaren but that Vulcan just seems so barbaric and savage I can't help but love it.

I guess we can add that to the list of things me and Breyzipp disagree on. Haha

proterra1
05-05-2017, 14:11
I wish they were allowed to race these cars against each other in a real life race series along with other track only cars like the Zonda Revolucion, the FXX, 599 XX, FXXK, Sesto Elemento etc... Basically an extreme single class race series filled with cars like this (https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/here-are-some-of-the-wildest-track-only-hypercars-ever#1). Without strict regulations the cars designed specifically for the series would produce even more insane results!

Unrealistic I know. Hopefully instead there will be a category to combine these cars in pc2 like the gtx class in pc1.

hkraft300
05-05-2017, 22:56
I wish they were allowed to race these cars against each other in a real life race series along with other track only cars like the Zonda Revolucion, the FXX, 599 XX, FXXK, Sesto Elemento etc... Basically an extreme single class race series filled with cars like this (https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/here-are-some-of-the-wildest-track-only-hypercars-ever#1). Without strict regulations the cars designed specifically for the series would produce even more insane results!

Unrealistic I know. Hopefully instead there will be a category to combine these cars in pc2 like the gtx class in pc1.

I like to think its what today's GT1 would look like.
Late 90's were some wild GT racing days, and the homologation road cars they produced were the original hyper cars.

Azure Flare
06-05-2017, 04:31
I like to think its what today's GT1 would look like.
Late 90's were some wild GT racing days, and the homologation road cars they produced were the original hyper cars.

They only produced homologation specials just to meet regulations. Only Porsche and Mercedes actually sold cars to the public though. To me, those cars are just prototypes. The proper GT1 cars were like the McLaren F1 and Ferrari F40 LM.

breyzipp
06-05-2017, 15:32
The Aston Martini Vulcan, and McLaren P1 GTR, will come with Project CARS 2, released in late 2017 for the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC.

source: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/2-cars-created-only-for-the-pure-pursuit-of-speed?lang=en

They've got an alcoholic at SMS :)

Tank621
06-05-2017, 15:36
Shaken not stirred

Aston Martini

breyzipp
06-05-2017, 17:19
Live from the Paul Ricard Hankook 24h:

Does the Ginetta G55 GT4 in Project CARS 2 come with a fire truck as well? :)

dault3883
06-05-2017, 17:40

im more rather impressed with the wrecker we eed those at more tracks all over the world especially america

hkraft300
06-05-2017, 22:57

Burnout mode confirmed.

Jocker
07-05-2017, 20:54
The Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1 is in PC2 ?

breyzipp
07-05-2017, 21:22
The Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1 is in PC2 ?

Unknown yet but highly likely.

Jocker
07-05-2017, 21:27
Yeeeeees !

My dream with the 488 GT3 & Ford GTE :amoureux:

Roger Prynne
07-05-2017, 21:43
Unknown yet but highly unlikely.
I corrected that for you.... (sorry to burst your bubble)

RacingAtHome
07-05-2017, 21:54

Hmm. Not sure whether to believe you or not...

ryandtw
08-05-2017, 03:51
Unknown yet but highly likely.

919 or else!

Maybe wait until the time when SMS officially announces that Porsche will be on pCARS 2? :confused:

breyzipp
08-05-2017, 06:53

Ooh but that won't be my bubble to burst since I'm not such a fanatic Porsche fan as most people here. :) Bursting my bubble would be saying the Toyota TS050 is not in. :(

But, compared to PCARS1 there certainly should be a bit more real LMP1 cars (not the fantasy RWD and Marek overpowered nonsenses). To be honest if there isn't a Toyota TS040/50, Audi R18 E-tron AND Porsche 919 in LMP1 then I don't even consider the category to be serious. 2016 would be the perfect year for the LMP1 classes since that's the first year Toyota ran the TS050 and when Audi was still in. And we only need 3 cars really. If we have 10+ modern GT3 cars in PCARS 2 but not even the only 3 LMP1's we really need then I seriously question those developer decisions...