PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 - The FULL car list including all DLC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Azure Flare
19-06-2017, 21:59
id build a shrine and praise you LOL JK

I also accept different forms of payment. ;)

dault3883
19-06-2017, 22:26
I also accept different forms of payment. ;)

sorry all my money goes to Cheyenne

Azure Flare
19-06-2017, 22:32
sorry all my money goes to Cheyenne

I didn't necessarily mean money...

dault3883
19-06-2017, 22:43

i dont know how to reply to that keep it clean

hkraft300
20-06-2017, 05:51

You deviant, you...

breyzipp
20-06-2017, 17:41
TS040 confirmed. I hope that doesn't take the chances of the TS050 away since I much rather see that car.

Azure Flare
20-06-2017, 19:09
You deviant, you...

I was going to suggest beer as an alternative form of payment, but you went down that way...

dault3883
20-06-2017, 19:26
I was going to suggest beer as an alternative form of payment, but you went down that way...

yes he did. i just said keep it clean

Tank621
20-06-2017, 19:54
Remember this video https://youtu.be/FkqFbyH1xeY it seems the Mclaren 720s will be in Road A, I assume that is what RDA stands for

dault3883
20-06-2017, 19:55
Remember this video https://youtu.be/FkqFbyH1xeY it seems the Mclaren 720s will be in Road A, I assume that is what RDA stands for

what about race versions of the 720s or will that only be 650s that has race versions

Tank621
20-06-2017, 20:00
what about race versions of the 720s or will that only be 650s that has race versions

I don't think McLaren are doing any race versions of the 720s, there's only the road car

dault3883
20-06-2017, 20:08
I don't think McLaren are doing any race versions of the 720s, there's only the road car

will the 650s in game have a race version

Tank621
20-06-2017, 20:21
will the 650s in game have a race version

Yep the 650s GT3 is in the game, check the list on page 1 if you want to find out about anything else (bear in the list is incomplete, and will probably be incomplete until release)

Azure Flare
20-06-2017, 21:16
there's only the road car

...For now.

dault3883
20-06-2017, 21:18
i wonder if McLaren has any ideas of bringing the 650s to the GTE class too so they could run at Le Mans

breyzipp
20-06-2017, 23:00

Where do you see RDA? I watched the video on my iPhone but maybe it's too small for me to see.

Konan
20-06-2017, 23:08
Don't you ever call a McLaren small! :cool:

dault3883
20-06-2017, 23:23
Don't you ever call a McLaren small! :cool:

HOW DARE HE LOL Some one get my torch and pitch fork LOL JK:glee:

Rambo_Commando
21-06-2017, 01:34
I'm really looking foward to the retro GT1 class. The McLaren F1 Longtail is my favourite car and now there is more cars to race against in this class.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 01:44
i cant wait to see which audi prototypes are in the game

Cheesenium
21-06-2017, 02:20
i wonder if McLaren has any ideas of bringing the 650s to the GTE class too so they could run at Le Mans

Mclaren did express interest in joining GTE in the future.

Perhaps a 720S GTE might be in the works.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 02:31

it would be hard for me to choose who to root for corvette or mclaren. I might have to pull being an american and have to choose corvette, but it would be close.

RacingAtHome
21-06-2017, 02:42

Unlikely for the 720S. That's designed to be as fast as possible. If there was to be a GTE, it might be the 650S? Although I wouldn't be surprised if that needed special dispensation.

hkraft300
21-06-2017, 02:44
I'm really looking foward to the retro GT1 class. The McLaren F1 Longtail is my favourite car and now there is more cars to race against in this class.

CLK is my favourite.
But we got the 390, 911 and 020 to play with, too.
Much excitement.

snipeme77
21-06-2017, 02:46
CLK is my favourite.
But we got the 390, 911 and 020 to play with, too.
Much excitement.

GT1 is looking great, would still want a GT1 GTR

hkraft300
21-06-2017, 02:58

Panoz?
Ye for sure.

Well. Le Mans weekend is long done and we have 1 LMP1 confirmed, and "others".

Cheesenium
21-06-2017, 03:10
Unlikely for the 720S. That's designed to be as fast as possible. If there was to be a GTE, it might be the 650S? Although I wouldn't be surprised if that needed special dispensation.

It does not mean that they can't down tune the engine to fit the regulations. If I am not wrong, quite a number of GT3s have down tuned engines to fit the regulations.

Plus, all the fancy active suspensions are absent in 650S Gt3 while the road car has it. They can strip off everything from the 720S for the GTE race car.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 03:25
It does not mean that they can't down tune the engine to fit the regulations. If I am not wrong, quite a number of GT3s have down tuned engines to fit the regulations.

Plus, all the fancy active suspensions are absent in 650S Gt3 while the road car has it. They can strip off everything from the 720S for the GTE race car.

agreed Chevy Down tunes the Corvette from stock to fit GTE regulations

Tank621
21-06-2017, 06:39
Where do you see RDA? I watched the video on my iPhone but maybe it's too small for me to see.

The list of driver positions on the left shows the class

KANETAKER
21-06-2017, 06:45

You aren't the only guy who is impatient to know which official LMP1 cars will be available for the launch of the game (in September 22). The only problem is that (for some unknow reason) many players prefer the GT3 cars instead of faster cars (LMP1, LMP2, hypercars, IndyCars, Group C, 1998 GT1, and F1). Even the GTE cars do not have as much preference as the GT3, at least in PCARS1 (hopefully for PCARS2 everything changes). Reason for which al GT3 drivers/players have been pleased their desires to have (in PCARS2) the most complete grid of GT3 cars, almost SMS completely forgetting the rest of classes and the preferences of other players (specifically those who like faster cars, with the exception of GT1 cars).

The truth is we do not know the reasons why SMS still show absolutely nothing of real LMP1 cars, except the fictitious LMP1 (Marek and RWD). Any contract clause or license restriction that prevents you from revealing content before a certain date? Or do you want to leave everything as a surprise or a question that can only be answered on the day of game launch? (22th Sep.)

In theory there is hope of seeing the same LMP1 cars that were already available in PCARS1 although with some improvements or corrections (as for example: The sound of the two Audis R18 that in Assetto Corsa sounds more real than in PCARS1, or to be able to see the Aston Martin DBR1-2 with real GULF liveries in the base game without need to use a custom livery).

Ideally (a wish) would be that PCARS2 could at least have the two best LMP1 cars from each one of the official brands that have participated in LeMans in the last 8 years. For example:

AUDI:
- Audi R18 TDI (2011)
- Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro (2014)

PEUGEOT:
- Team Oreca Mammut/Peugeot 908 HDI Fap (2010)
- Peugeot 908 (2011) ...the turbo diesel engine with better sound.

ASTON MARTIN:
- Lola B10/60 Aston Martin DBR1-2 (2009) ...the LMP1 car with the noisiest V12 engine.

PORSCHE:
- Porsche 919 Hybrid (2015)
- Porsche 919 Hybrid (2016)

TOYOTA:
- Toyota TS040 Hybrid (2014)
- Toyota TS050 (2017) ...the fastest LMP1 car with the fastest lap at LeMans with chicanes.

Cheesenium
21-06-2017, 07:23
The only problem is that (for some unknow reason) many players prefer the GT3 cars instead of faster cars (LMP1, LMP2, hypercars, IndyCars, Group C, 1998 GT1, and F1). Even the GTE cars do not have as much preference as the GT3, at least in PCARS1 (hopefully for PCARS2 everything changes). Reason for which al GT3 drivers/players have been pleased their desires to have (in PCARS2) the most complete grid of GT3 cars, almost SMS completely forgetting the rest of classes and the preferences of other players (specifically those who like faster cars, with the exception of GT1 cars).

To be honest, the LMP complaints from you is never ending coming as if this game is LMP the game or something. However, the current announced lineup is a bit weak (which they haven't said much) but it does not mean they did not try to obtain more of it. LMP is one of the hardest vehicles to recreate based on vehicle physics thread in Pcars 1 DLCs where they might be still analysing data to recreate the physics. The other problem with LMP1 is, the older cars are much slower than what we have in recent years which will be difficult to feature the older cars in the game. 2010 Audi R18 TDI is a pretty slow car in Pcars 1 among the Toyota and Audi, it makes no sense to include them in Pcars 2 assuming TS040 and R18 etron are coming back.

On the other hand, you are really jumping to conclusions too early on lack of fast cars. GT1 is fairly well expanded now with numerous new cars over 2 in Pcars 1. There are new hypercars being added to the game along with various road cars in all classes. Group C also received quite a few additions, that is from 1 Sauber C9 in Pcars 1. GTO also received new cars over 2 in Pcars 1. Group 5 is also a larger class now. Also, as mentioned before, GTE/GTLM have only 6 manufacturers where 4 is confirmed for now. How would they ever reach the GT3's number of manufacturer when there are only 6 manufacturers with 6 cars(7 in 2018 with M8 GTE) in GTE?

While obviously you do not care about the other slower class, clases like Group A is also receiving new cars with the preorder packs. Many other classes like vintage touring cars, GT4, and so on are receiving new vehicles. Then, there are new classes such as Indy, TCR, FX or RX. As far as I know, many classes are expanded in Pcars 2 where it is a much bigger game than Pcars 1.

F1 is always tricky to license which I am perfectly fine with Indy. Considering there is already a pretty good official F1 game, Indy is the perfect choice for Pcars 2. There is a reason why they made fictional LMP1s because they do not want a grid full of 30 LMP1s with the same official liveries repeated over each car. Considering how well Marek and RWD are designed, I am happy to them in the game.

The truth is we do not know the reasons why SMS still show absolutely nothing of real LMP1 cars, except the fictitious LMP1 (Marek and RWD).

Because they are not obligated to show you everything right now.

Invincible
21-06-2017, 07:56

Panoz?
Ye for sure.

Take a close look on this page... http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html?lang=en

KANETAKER
21-06-2017, 15:16
Because they are not obligated to show you everything right now.
I am not speaking only for myself. I'm talking about many people really interested in LMP1 cars and the 24h of LeMans. Those who really feel passion for that mythical race and their cars, and want to compete with them, and not see all this as "a simple pastime and another video game" (something similar to what "Mike Teavee" disparagingly said about the chocolates in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" movie).

To highlight 2 of the most recent comments asking about prototypes:

In the case of hkraft300 is understandable, even he did a great favor to the community by sharing his custom LMP1 setups at http://projectcarssetups.eu which are not easy to develop since they require hours and hours of play and practice.

Actually I'm not so sure and I don't know what is the most favourite car class of each user. But in the case of exclusive GT3 lovers insurance are already more than satisfied and happy, so I would not be surprised at all that they had a selfish and indifferent attitude about what happens with other cars missing from other class and category. As they already have what they wanted, "surely the rest will go to hell".

Besides, the solution is NOT to have to emigrate to another game, much less to franchises that we do not want nor are we interested in (AC, FM, GTS), nor that of having to forcefully adapt to another class of cars.

At the moment it does not matter if the official LMP1 will be released on the day of launch or if they will be released as DLC months later; We simply want a simple confirmation or news about them. Is that even in the demonstrations of the E3 it was quite frustrating to see only demos of GT3 cars but no prototype cars, not even the few that have been confirmed (Ligier, Marek, RWD), as if something was wrong... (Hopefully it will not be a problem similar to what happened in PCARS1 with the oval circuits) what is causing a lot of uncertainty and mystery.

Jocker
21-06-2017, 15:18
The Formula 2.0 is possible on PC2 ?

Tank621
21-06-2017, 15:28
The Formula 2.0 is possible on PC2 ?

Possible, yes. Is it likely? probably not

Once again, every car we know of is on the list on page 1. If you're making a request for I suggest heading over to the request thread, we are trying to keep this thread confined to confirmed cars and speculation from official screenshots and videos

cluck
21-06-2017, 15:30
Personally, I suspect SMS and Bandai Namco know far more about marketing than the vast majority of us. If they thought releasing news about LMP cars by this point was worthwhile, they would have done so. Everything is done for a reason, not because of some conspiracy.

From a marketing perspective, do you market the brands everybody has heard of - as we see in rallycross, roadcars and GT3 - or do you spend your time marketing to a very niche area of motorsports? Who, outside of those with an interest in WEC/Le Mans will have heard of ByKolles or any of the LMP2 teams (let alone the chassis manufacturer - Oreca)?

There are still 90+ days to go until release. That's more than enough time for all the information to feed through as to what's coming in the final game :)

Jocker
21-06-2017, 15:33
Ok Tank ;)

Tank621
21-06-2017, 16:00
Latest Porsche Article
"Porsche—turbo whine at the ready—would enter both championships with the 936 in Group 6, and the 935 in Group 5.

Two cars and a shared turbo that would go on to define an era in sportscar racing, and both—in varying specs—are coming to Project CARS 2."

A nice note on official liveries if you're interested
"Project CARS 2 will come with many of these liveries from the classic DRM season as run by privateer 936 teams."
"Project CARS 2 will come with many liveries from the Joest-produced 935J."

No new cars, but good to hear of more offical liveries

DECATUR PLAYA
21-06-2017, 16:18
I am not speaking only for myself. I'm talking about many people really interested in LMP1 cars and the 24h of LeMans. Those who really feel passion for that mythical race and their cars, and want to compete with them, and not see all this as "a simple pastime and another video game" (something similar to what "Mike Teavee" disparagingly said about the chocolates in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" movie).

To highlight 2 of the most recent comments asking about prototypes:

In the case of hkraft300 is understandable, even he did a great favor to the community by sharing his custom LMP1 setups at http://projectcarssetups.eu which are not easy to develop since they require hours and hours of play and practice.

Actually I'm not so sure and I don't know what is the most favourite car class of each user. But in the case of exclusive GT3 lovers insurance are already more than satisfied and happy, so I would not be surprised at all that they had a selfish and indifferent attitude about what happens with other cars missing from other class and category. As they already have what they wanted, "surely the rest will go to hell".

Besides, the solution is NOT to have to emigrate to another game, much less to franchises that we do not want nor are we interested in (AC, FM, GTS), nor that of having to forcefully adapt to another class of cars.

At the moment it does not matter if the official LMP1 will be released on the day of launch or if they will be released as DLC months later; We simply want a simple confirmation or news about them. Is that even in the demonstrations of the E3 it was quite frustrating to see only demos of GT3 cars but no prototype cars, not even the few that have been confirmed (Ligier, Marek, RWD), as if something was wrong... (Hopefully it will not be a problem similar to what happened in PCARS1 with the oval circuits) what is causing a lot of uncertainty and mystery.

^This is actually a good post.

We all want what we want but you just keep pushing issue at this point we have heard you loud and clear. I am actually a new LMP1 fan because of Pcars and hope they can put as much in as they can get.

As a NASCAR fan who hasn't had a good NASCAR game for over 10 years on console I understand your pain and it's why I keep pushing for NASCAR here because I believe SMS can do it better than anybody else and I don't care how anybody feels about that.

Just don't overdue it.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 16:21
^This is actually a good post.

We all want what we want but you just keep pushing issue at this point we have heard you loud and clear. I am actually a new LMP1 fan because of Pcars and hope they can put as much in as they can get.

As a NASCAR fan who hasn't had a good NASCAR game for over 10 years on console I understand your pain and it's why I keep pushing for NASCAR here because I believe SMS can do it better than anybody else and I don't care how anybody feels about that.

Just don't overdue it.

problem is Nascar Wants TOTAL CONTROL but your right the last good nascar game was probably the Ea sports Nascar Thunder 2004 and Nascar 2006 (which that game had its own glitches too)

DECATUR PLAYA
21-06-2017, 17:33
problem is Nascar Wants TOTAL CONTROL but your right the last good nascar game was probably the Ea sports Nascar Thunder 2004 and Nascar 2006 (which that game had its own glitches too)

I was referring more to NASCAR 09. I'm a multiplayer guy Dault. I see you held on to the faith with NASCAR 15. I had given up after the patch of death on 14.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 18:03
I was referring more to NASCAR 09. I'm a multiplayer guy Dault. I see you held on to the faith with NASCAR 15. I had given up after the patch of death on 14.

no the last nascar game i bought before Nascar 15 Victory edition which was quite good was nascar 2008. i own all the nascar games from 2000 - 2008 by ea sports and dirt to daytona. I used to only like going left then decided why not lets throw some rights in there

i had nascar 09 but took it back because it kept freezing on the same spot and traded it for Need For speed undercover

Tank621
21-06-2017, 18:43
Wow, this is really, really off topic, even by our usual standards

Roger Prynne
21-06-2017, 18:53
Yeah I've been a bit slow here, so get back on topic please guys.

DECATUR PLAYA
21-06-2017, 19:18
Yeah I've been a bit slow here, so get back on topic please guys.

My bad guys back on topic.

RacingAtHome
21-06-2017, 20:40
Wow, this is really, really off topic, even by our usual standards

Technically, it was on topic because it was discussing a game with cars in it.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 20:43
Technically, it was on topic because it was discussing a game with cars in it.

we started on topic and slowely wandered off the road

breyzipp
21-06-2017, 21:04

The car being passed here is a Z4 GT3 right? That would confirm that the previous gen GT3 are just mixed with the modern ones.

breyzipp
21-06-2017, 21:08

Agreed I checked another video (screenshot above) and that field seems to be the class indeed. So IMO 720S confirmed as Road A. Will add the TS040 as well.

dault3883
21-06-2017, 21:08

The car being passed here is a Z4 GT3 right? That would confirm that the previous gen GT3 are just mixed with the modern ones.

correct thats the z4

breyzipp
21-06-2017, 21:30
Ok small status update before I take a shower and head to the party. :)

This is what I could find through the spam of the last 5 pages or so, if I forgot something let me know.

- TS040 added
- 720S moved to Road A
- previous gen GT3 added to GT3 (I keep the note on the old Audi since it was in that article...).
- both RS 01 Trophy and RS 01 GT3 seem to be in, should I delete the footnotes for them?

Tank621
21-06-2017, 21:49
Ok small status update before I take a shower and head to the party. :)

This is what I could find through the spam of the last 5 pages or so, if I forgot something let me know.

- TS040 added
- 720S moved to Road A
- previous gen GT3 added to GT3 (I keep the note on the old Audi since it was in that article...).
- both RS 01 Trophy and RS 01 GT3 seem to be in, should I delete the footnotes for them?

Yeah, sounds good to me, I don't think there was anything else

Cheesenium
22-06-2017, 04:49

You are pretty much speaking for yourself by harping on this every thread you go. As if SMS have some sort of conspiracy towards you. If it is ready to be announced, SMS will annouce it and it is pointless if they spill out everything right now with months of marketing to go.

LMP1s are fantastic cars but they are not the only ones that the game offers as the game still have a tonne of other vintage Le Mans vehicles.

In the case of hkraft300 is understandable, even he did a great favour to the community by sharing his custom LMP1 setups at http://projectcarssetups.eu which are not easy to develop since they require hours and hours of play and practice.

Tuning a car is completely different from developing a car by the developers. Certain class of vehicles like LMP or F1 do not come with much telemetry and various data, developers have to back calculate from whatever official data they can get their hands on before they can even fine tune the handling.

Have you even read any of the DLC cars physics thread? Do you know the difference between tuning a car in the game and developing a car for a game with limited real world data?

I am not discrediting hkraft300's work but it is unfair to compare his work with the amount of work SMS put in to develop a car.

Yet, still harping on the amount of GT3 in the game. The reason they picked GT3 is because they are fairly popular while it is also a good way to show new manufacturer licenses with some of the most recognisable cars.

Let me ask you a question, how many GT1, LMP900, GTE, Group C, Group 6 and so on had been announced? You are giving me an impression that you are ignoring other new additions to the game and continue on your LMP1 rage campaign.

On the other hand, there are missing GT3s too. It is not like the GT3 grid is complete in any way with more new cars coming out.

I have no problems going to another game to drive what I want to drive. Pcars 1 have quite a weak line up of touring cars, I have no issue going to R3E to get my fix. Or I play Forza Horizon for some open world and off road driving. F1 2016 for a much more authentic racing experience, Dirt Rally for rallying or Ride for some motorcycle action. Every game has it's strength and weaknesses which I think I rather play as many as I can than complaining about Game A for not having the stuff I want. SMS will probably never bring me all the cars I want in pcars that includes DTM, licensed modern F1, racing trucks, aussie race cars, 917K, TT VLN or WTCC, I'll go elsewhere for my fix.

What's with the "one game for life" mentality? Does playing another game made you less loyal to one? Is there anyone forcing you to adapt to another class of cars?

With your attitude, you'll never get an answer. Meanwhile, there are still 3 months of marketing, they might be revealing these information then. Or maybe they indeed have not much to say to begin with.

The demo in E3 has 488 GT3 on Algarve, Civic GRC on Lydan Hill? and 720S on Banochbrea. Since when there is only one car demoed in E3? Also, what about Group C, TCR and dozens other classes, it is all LMP, LMP and LMP in your head.

SMS have no obligation to show everything in E3 while those 3 demo are fantastic to show the new handling and physics of the game in 3 very different environment. The Ligier, Marek and RWD had appeared in trailers, you are saying as if they are hiding it like a secret.

hkraft300
22-06-2017, 08:22
I'm as excited as the next guy for the LMP lineup for pc2.
But, there's still 3 months to go and we don't know of dlc content (except the pre-order lists).

And really, the 80's 90's and LMP2+3 reveals so far I'm proper frothing.

Tuning a car is completely different from developing a car by the developers.

He wasn't seriously comparing tuning the car in game vs coding the digital model for the game... :rolleyes:

Tuning is doing some laps and adjusting a few sliders.
For a very small idea of the work SMS do to build the digital model for the real car, search "Physics of" by Casey Ringley.
Don't forget to check the project cars 2 media thread for the team's collaboration with manufacturers and race drivers.
That's still the tip of the iceberg.

Cheesenium
22-06-2017, 08:33
I'm as excited as the next guy for the LMP lineup for pc2.
But, there's still 3 months to go and we don't know of dlc content (except the pre-order lists).

And really, the 80's 90's and LMP2+3 reveals so far I'm proper frothing.

The expanded Group C is what I am really happy with along with more GT1 and many other new additions. I think the main thing is still, you could bring cars from different motorsports to tracks it will never race on made Pcars really appealing to me. I really can't wait to bring RX to Brands Hatch Indy, Indy to Monza, GT1 to historic Hockenheim and so on.

If the pre-order packs are a sneak peak of what's to come, I think the DLCs would be interesting. SMS did have some really fantastic vehicles in the preorder packs.

konnos
22-06-2017, 08:43
From my understanding, the old GT3 models are not going to be in the new lineup and the only car to survive this is going to be the Z4, since it's a completely different car from the new M6, unlike e.g. the audi LMS which is just the same model further developed.

Tank621
22-06-2017, 08:48
From my understanding, the old GT3 models are not going to be in the new lineup and the only car to survive this is going to be the Z4, since it's a completely different car from the new M6, unlike e.g. the audi LMS which is just the same model further developed.

The old SLS is still in as well

VIPR_SOA
22-06-2017, 08:53
Im dieing to find out what V8SC we're getting. I keep asking pcars on instagram, but no reply. Let's hope it is the Ford FG X. Surely it won't be the same year model.

Cheesenium
22-06-2017, 09:07
Im dieing to find out what V8SC we're getting. I keep asking pcars on instagram, but no reply. Let's hope it is the Ford FG X. Surely it won't be the same year model.

Expect the same FG model would be better since it would be easier to port over.

VIPR_SOA
22-06-2017, 09:29
Expect the same FG model would be better since it would be easier to port over.

Yeah fair enough mate.

hkraft300
22-06-2017, 10:35
The expanded Group C is what I am really happy with along with more GT1 and many other new additions. I think the main thing is still, you could bring cars from different motorsports to tracks it will never race on made Pcars really appealing to me. I really can't wait to bring RX to Brands Hatch Indy, Indy to Monza, GT1 to historic Hockenheim and so on.

If the pre-order packs are a sneak peak of what's to come, I think the DLCs would be interesting. SMS did have some really fantastic vehicles in the preorder packs.

+1

I'm loving the group C and GT1 lineup.
In pc1 I love racing the Indy at GP tracks, more so than the FA. Super fun.

And with multi class coming, expect to see me host some unholy combinations on the PS 4 ;)

MillsLayne
23-06-2017, 00:14
I'm just loving the expanded Group 5 class and some of the vintage stuff coming, along with the multi class options. Endless possibilities.

hkraft300
23-06-2017, 02:35
Im dieing to find out what V8SC we're getting.

They're all more or less the same. You'd be hard pressed to feel the difference between 2 V8SC cars in real life, let alone a sim.

I'm just loving the expanded Group 5 class and some of the vintage stuff coming, along with the multi class options. Endless possibilities.

Oh for sure group 5 are a blast.
Modern race cars are great with the G29 wheel. Can't tell the difference in the gamepad but the classics with funky tyres really works the ffb hard.

Cheesenium
23-06-2017, 02:54
They're all more or less the same. You'd be hard pressed to feel the difference between 2 V8SC cars in real life, let alone a sim.

They are designed and BoPed to be the same. Pretty much it is just the exterior and the engine it runs is different.

snipeme77
23-06-2017, 03:37
https://youtu.be/oEpgNsabM9g

189 cars now

EHM
24-06-2017, 16:39
A leak occurred recently that may be fake (Seems legit according to what has already been shown and announced) that suggests we've basically seen everything aside from a car or two that isn't DLC or returning, would be a little disappointing if true as there's still a pretty long wait and it would feel like SMS threw everything out too early. It's also missing quite a few icons (Hopefully they come as DLC)

It could just be some troll.

I'll link it to mods/staff just message me.

Azure Flare
24-06-2017, 16:43
Not sure who would've done it, but it is true.

EHM
24-06-2017, 17:01
That's a shame, it felt like there was a lot more to reveal.

The car list is already pretty great though and the DLC I have a feeling will be pretty wild this time. (In a good way)

Zpectre87
24-06-2017, 17:07
There are 189 cars, that's plenty already, perhaps they could try going for 200 though.

dault3883
24-06-2017, 17:15
we got plenty of cars to start with. now if we get more through dlc it will be like getting gifts from sms every couple months

Konan
24-06-2017, 18:23
A leak occurred recently that may be fake (Seems legit according to what has already been shown and announced) that suggests we've basically seen everything aside from a car or two that isn't DLC or returning, would be a little disappointing if true as there's still a pretty long wait and it would feel like SMS threw everything out too early. It's also missing quite a few icons (Hopefully they come as DLC)

It could just be some troll.

I'll link it to mods/staff just message me.

There is still a lot of stuff to reveal that aren't cars though...like the song says:"bbbaby you just ain't seen nnnothing yet" :cool:

Tank621
24-06-2017, 19:12
Do you mean reveals like this?

dault3883
24-06-2017, 19:15

What reveals like this?

that will satisfy many

moustace
24-06-2017, 19:40
If only there could have been a 787b in that picture..

dault3883
24-06-2017, 19:45
LOL and then there will always be those that want more:cool:

TexasTyme214
24-06-2017, 22:51
If only there could have been a 787b in that picture..

The more Group Cs they show, the more I think SMS is concentrating on just the 1988-1989 part of Group C. 787B isn't part of that, but the 767 is.

dault3883
24-06-2017, 23:05
the 787 Mazda's one main claim to fame

MillsLayne
24-06-2017, 23:59
That Group C pic got me excited this morning when I saw it. Is that the Glen?

EHM
25-06-2017, 00:49
That GT3 Roster...
That GTE Roster...
That GT1 Roster...
That Group C Roster...
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/4/0/8/6/7/a5333082-82-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg.png

RacingAtHome
25-06-2017, 01:32
That GT3 Roster...
That GTE Roster...
That GT1 Roster...
That Group C Roster...
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/4/0/8/6/7/a5333082-82-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg.png

Touring Cars and Oval.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLHglL7FCNY

dault3883
25-06-2017, 01:35
Touring Cars and Oval.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLHglL7FCNY

we already know were getting Daytona and Texas at least theres a restrictor plate track and an intermediate oval and the latter is my home track as im from Texas

RacingAtHome
25-06-2017, 02:07
we already know were getting Daytona and Texas at least theres a restrictor plate track and an intermediate oval and the latter is my home track as im from Texas

We still want more!

F1_Racer68
25-06-2017, 05:12
That Group C pic got me excited this morning when I saw it. Is that the Glen?

YEs it is. COmplete with resurfacing as promised by Ian Bell.

Tank621
25-06-2017, 09:37

hkraft300
25-06-2017, 10:55
Edit: What year is the car in PC1?
2014?

e-Tron will be back

Jocker
25-06-2017, 12:58
No news for the Porsche 919 Hybrid ?

wicken
25-06-2017, 13:22
You can add the Caterham Seven 620 R to the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfB_3Vk0hdw

Tank621
25-06-2017, 13:39
No news for the Porsche 919 Hybrid ?

The 919 isn't something they will announce when replying to a tweet.

They have shown the list of Porsches in the game already. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen because it could be DLC at a later point- if you remember the Nissan GTR announcements they specifically said 4 GTRs were coming but then announced the Group A R32 as part of the Japanese car pack which would be a fifth car. They could do something similar with Porsche where the current list isn't finite as it doesn't include possible DLC.

That is obviously depending on liscensing. If they couldn't/aren't able to get the 919 liscense then it won't be in the game.

DECATUR PLAYA
25-06-2017, 15:44
You can add the Caterham Seven 620 R to the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfB_3Vk0hdw

Now that looked FUN as hell. Wasnt really pumped about driving in the snow until I saw this video. The motor sound to match the driving was awesome. Great video.

KANETAKER
25-06-2017, 15:47
The 919 isn't something they will announce when replying to a tweet.

They have shown the list of Porsches in the game already. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen because it could be DLC at a later point- if you remember the Nissan GTR announcements they specifically said 4 GTRs were coming but then announced the Group A R32 as part of the Japanese car pack which would be a fifth car. They could do something similar with Porsche where the current list isn't finite as it doesn't include possible DLC.

That is obviously depending on liscensing. If they couldn't/aren't able to get the 919 liscense then it won't be in the game.

Because Assetto Corsa and Forza Motorsport maybe have an exclusivity clause with Porsche about 919 hybrid models? (Similar case than Peugeot 908 and Mazda 787b for GranTurismo and Forza Motorsports) =( ...I hope so it's not true and we can see these prototype cars in PCars2 as a DLC at least.

DECATUR PLAYA
25-06-2017, 15:50
Just wanted to add the spin out at the end to show that the slippery physics we're really there in the game. Nice touch way to cap off the video.

dault3883
25-06-2017, 16:15
Because Assetto Corsa and Forza Motorsport maybe have an exclusivity clause with Porsche about 919 hybrid models? (Similar case than Peugeot 908 and Mazda 787b for GranTurismo and Forza Motorsports) =( ...I hope so it's not true and we can see these prototype cars in PCars2 as a DLC at least.

Exclusivity normally means just that Exclusive to one. So if both Assetto Corsa and Forza can get it then most likely there is no exclusiveness of the car to one game. My guess is the license for it is expensive and either more than SMS is willing to pay or expensive enough to require it to be a DLC so they can get the money back for it. Its simply Business nothing personal to the Players

F1_Racer68
25-06-2017, 16:34
Now that looked FUN as hell. Wasnt really pumped about driving in the snow until I saw this video. The motor sound to match the driving was awesome. Great video.

I love the fact that SMS has included this possibility, because it is probably the most extreme test of the handling physics and tire model.

With that said though, I'm Canadian..... We have to drive in that $h1t 6 months of the year! Don't plan to do much of it in a sim :D

Mattze
25-06-2017, 17:11

If I remember correctly, the 919 is still missing because Porsche does not provide any technical information about the LMP, so SMS is not able to recreate a satisfying model.

DECATUR PLAYA
25-06-2017, 17:16
I love the fact that SMS has included this possibility, because it is probably the most extreme test of the handling physics and tire model.

With that said though, I'm Canadian..... We have to drive in that $h1t 6 months of the year! Don't plan to do much of it in a sim :D

I'm in ATL some of us could use the practice. When it snows here you just see the spin out part of the video.

dault3883
25-06-2017, 17:20
If I remember correctly, the 919 is still missing because Porsche does not provide any technical information about the LMP, so SMS is not able to recreate a satisfying model.

sounds logical since the 919 is still their active LMP1 car wouldnt be good to give technical information out about it incase it gets to Toyota or another rival trade secretes and all

TexasTyme214
25-06-2017, 18:26

My word, I hope this isn't the reason because Audi and Toyota didn't give information on their 2014 LMP1 cars either IIRC.

breyzipp
25-06-2017, 18:27

That would actually be a very satisfying reason if you ask me. Means that all the cars have accurate tech info to start with and I fully understand and agree to keep this standard, a car with not enough info will simply not make it in.

Makes me wonder about the TS040 though, that was introduced in PCARS1 with some speculation and lack of info as well. Since the car is announced for PCARS2 does that mean that SMS got more tech specs about the TS040 now? Could make sense that Toyota would profide that info now and not in 2015 since the TS050 is the latest model now.

dault3883
25-06-2017, 18:33
That would actually be a very satisfying reason if you ask me. Means that all the cars have accurate tech info to start with and I fully understand and agree to keep this standard, a car with not enough info will simply not make it in.

Makes me wonder about the TS040 though, that was introduced in PCARS1 with some speculation and lack of info as well. Since the car is announced for PCARS2 does that mean that SMS got more tech specs about the TS040 now? Could make sense that Toyota would profide that info now and not in 2015 since the TS050 is the latest model now.

it would make since too because when Gran Turismo 4 came out we could only get the Audi R8 but at that time i Audi was racing the Audi R10 so that made the R8 an obsolete car they wouldnt mind giving info about. im only giving an example keep that in mind replyers

Cheesenium
26-06-2017, 06:54
The data on the LMPs are usually back calculated from data collected from Le Mans because manufacturers will not provide official data. I remembered that SMS was in Le Mans on 2014 where they collected the data for the TS040 and R18 etron. Some cars like the Bentley LMP900 physics was calibrated by a driver who drove the car for the entire season.

No data, no car. That is how SMS works and no matter how much you complain about the 919 (which I love to have one, even if it's the 2014 model), you won't get one. It is the same with Renault Laguna BTCC where they could not obtain a real car for reference along with some license issues. Hence, it was dumped too.

There are a few cars that were dumped along the development also due to the same reasons.

hkraft300
26-06-2017, 08:12
Going to le Mans for "data collection"...
That's some serious over-time ;)

snipeme77
26-06-2017, 15:55
The data on the LMPs are usually back calculated from data collected from Le Mans because manufacturers will not provide official data. I remembered that SMS was in Le Mans on 2014 where they collected the data for the TS040 and R18 etron. Some cars like the Bentley LMP900 physics was calibrated by a driver who drove the car for the entire season.

No data, no car. That is how SMS works and no matter how much you complain about the 919 (which I love to have one, even if it's the 2014 model), you won't get one. It is the same with Renault Laguna BTCC where they could not obtain a real car for reference along with some license issues. Hence, it was dumped too.

There are a few cars that were dumped along the development also due to the same reasons.

This kind of sucks, because we'll never get concept cars or cars that have been trapped in museums most of their life like the GTP Mustang.

hkraft300
26-06-2017, 16:09
This kind of sucks, because we'll never get concept cars or cars that have been trapped in museums most of their life like the GTP Mustang.

Depends if the builder/ manufacturers can provide the data. Honda 2&4 Concept in pc2, for example.
Many race cars were built and tested but for whatever reason didn't see competition. So if the deals are done and the maker says "here's the blueprints/schematics, performance and Aero. Have at it" we get an immaculate digital recreation by Ringley's team.

dault3883
26-06-2017, 17:11
Going to le Mans for "data collection"...
That's some serious over-time ;)

That sounds like a hell of a time where do i sign up LOL :D

konnos
26-06-2017, 20:42
I can help out with the grid girl research. I ll scan them inside and out thoroughly, for science.

Zpectre87
26-06-2017, 21:09

The problem with the Renault Laguna is I'm pretty sure it was Williams who built and ran the car for Renault. So you'd have to go to both Williams and Renault. Too much effort for just one car (however memorable it was).

TBH rFactor spoiled us a bit too much, we all think it's enough to guesstimate stuff, cross-reference with vanilla cars and put it in the game, but things just aren't that easy when you're trying to sell something professionally.

KANETAKER
26-06-2017, 21:35

SMS was at LeMans in 2015 too, included the making a video of 20 minutes of these xperience (with the scene of "dryed mangos", go karts, camping, etc). At least they can got some data about the 919 Hybrid 2015 spec (the winner LMP1 car in his 2015 edition). Someone here supposed that the problem are only for can get the 2017 spec LMP1 cars, not for old versions (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, etc.)

We hope so SMS have some surprise reserved for us, or some plans for an additional DLC (with some missing cars) at least.

Azure Flare
26-06-2017, 22:25
I can help out with the grid girl research. I ll scan them inside and out thoroughly, for science.

We have a, uhh, "resource" thread over on WMD. It wasn't set up by SMS, but I'm sure they appreciate the "research" we do for them.

dault3883
26-06-2017, 22:35
We have a, uhh, "resource" thread over on WMD. It wasn't set up by SMS, but I'm sure they appreciate the "research" we do for them.

lets try to keep it some what clean guys there might be mods on here ;)

RacingAtHome
26-06-2017, 23:16
The problem with the Renault Laguna is I'm pretty sure it was Williams who built and ran the car for Renault. So you'd have to go to both Williams and Renault. Too much effort for just one car (however memorable it was).

TBH rFactor spoiled us a bit too much, we all think it's enough to guesstimate stuff, cross-reference with vanilla cars and put it in the game, but things just aren't that easy when you're trying to sell something professionally.

Makes sense. Maybe they can approach Williams. Maybe get some competition for some of the Lotuseseses.

dault3883
26-06-2017, 23:17
Makes sense. Maybe they can approach Williams. Maybe get some competition for some of the Lotuseseses.

they need some of the lotus GT3 and GTE cars like the evora

snipeme77
26-06-2017, 23:53
So I'm just going to mention a handful of things that haven't been talked about yet Pcars 2 wise.

Lamborghini - As a brand
Ferrari - As a brand
LMP1 and 2 - as a racing class, (Although it's looking like there's not much new)
Stock cars and V8 superfart - Both as classes (Auto spell screwed me, but it's funny so I'm leaving it)
Vintage GT and racing in general - 60's classes
The other 14 locations.
Career mode.

Maybes
Co op?
Anyother rallycross stuff?

hkraft300
27-06-2017, 00:06
So I'm just going to mention a handful of things that haven't been talked about yet Pcars 2 wise.

Lamborghini - As a brand
Ferrari - As a brand
LMP1 and 2 - as a racing class, (Although it's looking like there's not much new)
Stock cars and V8 superfart - Both as classes (Auto spell screwed me, but it's funny so I'm leaving it)
Vintage GT and racing in general - 60's classes
The other 14 locations.
Career mode.

Maybes
Co op?
Anyother rallycross stuff?

Huracan GT3. I think Aventador may have been spotted but it's hard to tell, it could be a road huracan.
Ferrari 488 GT3 and 365 Daytona. As well as GT1 spec F40, F50. LaFerrari, Enzo.
TS040, R18 e-Tron, Marek, RWD, Oreca 3, Ligier JS P2, Ginetta G57 LMP3 ...
Ford Falcon V8SC...

Co-op will be coming in post-release patch.

What else have you missed? Check the confirmed car list on the 1st post of this thread. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49899-Project-CARS-2-confirmed-car-list&p=1322790&viewfull=1#post1322790)

dault3883
27-06-2017, 00:13
Huracan GT3. I think Aventador may have been spotted but it's hard to tell, it could be a road huracan.
Ferrari 488 GT3 and 365 Daytona. As well as GT1 spec F40, F50. LaFerrari, Enzo.
TS040, R18 e-Tron, Marek, RWD, Oreca 3, Ligier JS P2, Ginetta G57 LMP3 ...
Ford Falcon V8SC...

Co-op will be coming in post-release patch.

What else have you missed? Check the confirmed car list on the 1st post of this thread. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49899-Project-CARS-2-confirmed-car-list&p=1322790&viewfull=1#post1322790)

co-op?

Azure Flare
27-06-2017, 00:49
V8 superfart - Both as classes (Auto spell screwed me, but it's funny so I'm leaving it)

Only Autocorrect would see you typing "Supercars" and think "He's actually meant Superfart, that makes total sense!". I once saw someone on Reddit tried to type "It's not even", but it came out as "Snot Evette".

snipeme77
27-06-2017, 00:52
Only Autocorrect would see you typing "Supercars" and think "He's actually meant Superfart, that makes total sense!". I once saw someone on Reddit tried to type "It's not even", but it came out as "Snot Evette".

lol that's a funny one too

dault3883
27-06-2017, 00:53

im dyinnnggg! LOL ROTFLMAO

marcelo carbon
27-06-2017, 01:06

DELUXE EDITION includes Project Cars 2 game, Season Pass and additional Japanese Cars Pack.

Japanese Cars Pack: Revel in iconic JDM machinery with this added content that features four cars from iconic Japanese manufacturers Honda and Nissan:

Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R (with distinctive livery)
Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car (with distinctive livery)
The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance

The Season Pass: Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released.

The Motorsport Pack*: Exclusively available to Season Pass holders, this exclusive, bonus pack of fan-favourite race cars includes:

The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM\
The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster

Cheesenium
27-06-2017, 02:39
they need some of the lotus GT3 and GTE cars like the evora

Please dont, all thanks to AC that made me sick of seeing Evoras. Plus, the Evora GTC and "GTE" in AC are pretty damn slow in real life so it probably won't appear in pcars. They are slightly faster than GT4 in AC's absurdly unbalanced car classes.

However, one exception for this Evora which I do want: Mooncraft Evora GT300

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/upmc300.jpg

Other than that, the less modern Lotus from the last 10 years, the better.

dault3883
27-06-2017, 03:38
Please dont, all thanks to AC that made me sick of seeing Evoras. Plus, the Evora GTC and "GTE" in AC are pretty damn slow in real life so it probably won't appear in pcars. They are slightly faster than GT4 in AC's absurdly unbalanced car classes.

However, one exception for this Evora which I do want: Mooncraft Evora GT300

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/upmc300.jpg

Other than that, the less modern Lotus from the last 10 years, the better.

im refering to the evora that once raced at le mans not based off of other video games

some times a small slower car can be fun to drive for example the mazda miata's track cars

id like my hand at a spyker GT2 car too

Zpectre87
27-06-2017, 03:40
It seems they got the Holy Trinity of DTM (M3, 190E, Audi V8), I kinda wish they gave Opel some love though.

balderz002
27-06-2017, 19:43
It seems they got the Holy Trinity of DTM (M3, 190E, Audi V8), I kinda wish they gave Opel some love though.

There is still time yo unveil it, if they do indeed have it to unveil.................

Konan
27-06-2017, 19:45
Maybe yes....maybe no...:p

VelvetTorpedo
29-06-2017, 01:01

dault3883
29-06-2017, 01:30

that is one of my favorite Ferrari's ill take it in red though

Azure Flare
29-06-2017, 01:57
Leaked trailer...

hkraft300
29-06-2017, 02:04
Leaked trailer...

I assumed it's from

VRFocus at a PC2 UK event.

https://youtu.be/dU58qwhFvds

If they're using leaked footage...

VelvetTorpedo
29-06-2017, 02:56
If it's leaked footage I'll happily remove my post, or mods feel free.

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 07:07
Yeah it's from the Rod Chong talks to Nina Salomons interview, so no probs.

hkraft300
29-06-2017, 08:24
Awesome.
288 GTO confirmed, then?

Sankyo
29-06-2017, 14:47
Awesome.
288 GTO confirmed, then?

Only if you pre-order on July 14th between 18:34 and 18:41 hrs from a location in Central Europe :p

honespc
29-06-2017, 15:09
It's very regrettable to see most online lobbies about GT3 and other modern categories. The feeling in project cars you get from driving classics is what project cars truly has to be about, and the 288gto is another car that makes me desire pc2 double, like the F40 being too. The 288 very well could make for a more fun experience in pc2 than even the F40 sure is going to be too.

One of the reasons for most people playing GT3 and such gotta be that most are on a controller. PC1 not being able to deliver a good pad experience in all categories but GT3,4 etc was its biggest drawback, and imo reason Nº1 for all lobbies being gt3 etc.

On that note, to anyone who may answer. Can you do with a controller the same we see in the 720 video drifting around cota, or the Lanver video too in pc2 now?. If you can, then this game should be a killer, and also grant an online experience where you can also find a lot of races with classic cars and such.

hkraft300
29-06-2017, 15:42
Only if you pre-order on July 14th between 18:34 and 18:41 hrs from a location in Central Europe :p

Is that Central Europe time? Unicorns like their beauty sleep so I have to schedule around it.

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 15:59
It's very regrettable to see most online lobbies about GT3 and other modern categories. The feeling in project cars you get from driving classics is what project cars truly has to be about, and the 288gto is another car that makes me desire pc2 double, like the F40 being too. The 288 very well could make for a more fun experience in pc2 than even the F40 sure is going to be too.

One of the reasons for most people playing GT3 and such gotta be that most are on a controller. PC1 not being able to deliver a good pad experience in all categories but GT3,4 etc was its biggest drawback, and imo reason Nº1 for all lobbies being gt3 etc.

On that note, to anyone who may answer. Can you do with a controller the same we see in the 720 video drifting around cota, or the Lanver video too in pc2 now?. If you can, then this game should be a killer, and also grant an online experience where you can also find a lot of races with classic cars and such.

I have never used a controller, but the guys that do say it's the best it's ever been.

honespc
29-06-2017, 16:08
ok then to anyone using a controller who might want to answer to the question. Can you drive like that in the videos using a controller and auto gears now in pc2?

DECATUR PLAYA
29-06-2017, 20:03
ok then to anyone using a controller who might want to answer to the question. Can you drive like that in the videos using a controller and auto gears now in pc2?

The American all ready has. He said the controller was doing good in 3 wide situations at Indy I think.

Edit: My bad you said drifting like the 720.

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 20:09
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50738-For-the-people-playing-Pcars2-what-is-the-biggest-improvement-you-saw&p=1341670&viewfull=1#post1341670

Bluecossy
29-06-2017, 23:20
proof of the renault rs 01 gt3 in game SMS has told me them self if like proof then message me on Facebook David Green my profile pic is a helmet

Azure Flare
30-06-2017, 01:34
proof of the renault rs 01 gt3 in game SMS has told me them self if like proof then message me on Facebook David Green my profile pic is a helmet

Your name doesn't show up in the member list on WMD. Besides, I already said there is both Trophy and GT3 versions of the RS01 in the game.

dault3883
30-06-2017, 02:03
Your name doesn't show up in the member list on WMD. Besides, I already said there is both Trophy and GT3 versions of the RS01 in the game.

he just joined this site too i dont know that i would believe anything he says anyways about insider info which if he did know he shouldnt be telling anybody (down to even his mother) about anyways

F1_Racer68
30-06-2017, 04:02

Is that the same kind of "proof" that confirms the Flat Earth theory? :p

Konan
30-06-2017, 05:16
Is that the same kind of "proof" that confirms the Flat Earth theory? :p

Wait what? The eartht isn't flat? Next thing you're gonna tell me we descend from monkeys or what? :p

F1_Racer68
30-06-2017, 13:30
Wait what? The eartht isn't flat? Next thing you're gonna tell me we descend from monkeys or what? :p

Well.... Some of us ARE a monkey's uncle... :p

And, well, at least one of us here decended from a Chicken.... ;)

breyzipp
30-06-2017, 13:54
Audi R8 LMS Endurance in one of the screenshots of the race settings article. So not only Porsche will get a normal GT3 and an Endurance GT3 version.

The motorsports are also listed in the article :

Rallycross
Indycar
GT
Endurance
Prototypes
Open Wheeler
Touring Car
Trackday
Road

I wonder if the Porsche and Audi GT3 Endurance have anything to do with the Endurance motorsport, I guess not. I think Endurance is just different rules for the animated pit crew and such? And of course the longer races. I wonder if it would be restricted to Prototypes, GT and Touring or if you could do it with any vehicle.

Also remarkable Indycar is separated from Open wheelers. And both stock car (NASCAR) and V8 Supercars are not separated. I guess they fall under touring?

F1_Racer68
30-06-2017, 14:06
Audi R8 LMS Endurance in one of the screenshots of the race settings article. So not only Porsche will get a normal GT3 and an Endurance GT3 version.

The motorsports are also listed in the article :

Rallycross
Indycar
GT
Endurance
Prototypes
Open Wheeler
Touring Car
Trackday
Road

I wonder if the Porsche and Audi GT3 Endurance have anything to do with the Endurance motorsport, I guess not. I think Endurance is just different rules for the animated pit crew and such? And of course the longer races. I wonder if it would be restricted to Prototypes, GT and Touring or if you could do it with any vehicle.

Also remarkable Indycar is separated from Open wheelers. And both stock car (NASCAR) and V8 Supercars are not separated. I guess they fall under touring?

I assume that has something to do with the Oval tracks and the unique rule set around IndyCar in general and Ovals in particular.

Pit crew animations may also factor in as you stated.

FS7
30-06-2017, 19:32
Next thing you're gonna tell me we descend from monkeys or what? :p
We don't descend from monkeys, humans & monkeys have a common ancestor, people often get those things confused.

dault3883
30-06-2017, 19:40
We don't descend from monkeys, humans & monkeys have a common ancestor, people often get those things confused.

so we descend parallel to monkeys?

Konan
30-06-2017, 19:45

So...that just means we descend from the über monkey...potato...potaato :cool:

Anyway...waaaaaaay of topic (again)

RacingAtHome
30-06-2017, 19:53
So...that just means we descend from the über monkey...potato...potaato :cool:

Anyway...waaaaaaay of topic (again)

We're not that far off. Humans drive cars and monkeys look at them. I'm pretty sure they'll confirm.

Mahjik
01-07-2017, 16:43
Is this official? https://wtf1.com/post/the-track-and-car-lists-for-project-cars-2-are-here/

If it's not here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Then no....

maTech
01-07-2017, 16:44
Okay, i deleted my post. I think we don't need it then, sry.

Mahjik
01-07-2017, 16:46
Okay, i deleted my post. I think we don't need it then, sry.

No need to delete it. ;) I was just mentioning that anything official would definitely go through the official website. :)

I think that site you posted just copied information from here and GTP to put a list together.

maTech
01-07-2017, 16:51
I just thought it would be better, so some people don't start to discuss about the false list ;-) but thank you for your reply!

KANETAKER
01-07-2017, 19:48
If it's not here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Then no....

Hopefully so, because where it came to confirm that list published on another website, then there would be several disappointments ... starting with the fact that according to that list there will be no new LMP1 car confirmed for launch day (September 22th) and over deleted 2 of the LMP1 cars that were already in the PCARS1 (Audi R18 TDI and Aston Martin DBR1-2) leaving us with only two real LMP1 cars and two fictitious LMP1 cars, as emulating the DEBACLE of the LMP1 class seen in 2017 Edition of the 24h of Lemans where it almost wins an LMP2... And in the case of circuits we find the unpleasant surprise that they could not include the classic version of the SPA circuit (despite confirming Classic Monza), and that there are only 2 versions of the Indianapolis circuit and not the GP Track of 2000 - 2007 (without the current slow corners in the road track before the main straight).

The rest of missing tracks and circuits (as Porsche 919 Hybrid by example) could be assumed that SMS will put them as future DLC's. (I hope..)

FS7
01-07-2017, 23:28
We're still in early July, game release is on September 22nd, I remember reading here and on Instagram that SMS have a schedule for revealing cars, tracks, and features up until close to the game's release date, so it makes no sense for any websites to publish "complete" or "full" lists this early since there's still stuff to be revealed.

snipeme77
02-07-2017, 00:32
Hopefully so, because where it came to confirm that list published on another website, then there would be several disappointments ... starting with the fact that according to that list there will be no new LMP1 car confirmed for launch day (September 22th) and over deleted 2 of the LMP1 cars that were already in the PCARS1 (Audi R18 TDI and Aston Martin DBR1-2) leaving us with only two real LMP1 cars and two fictitious LMP1 cars, as emulating the DEBACLE of the LMP1 class seen in 2017 Edition of the 24h of Lemans where it almost wins an LMP2... And in the case of circuits we find the unpleasant surprise that they could not include the classic version of the SPA circuit (despite confirming Classic Monza), and that there are only 2 versions of the Indianapolis circuit and not the GP Track of 2000 - 2007 (without the current slow corners in the road track before the main straight).

The rest of missing tracks and circuits (as Porsche 919 Hybrid by example) could be assumed that SMS will put them as future DLC's. (I hope..)

I agree, this feels lacking to me. Whats the big deal with Classic spa, it's like one of the best tracks in the world yet here we are in 2017 and not one AAA quality game has got it...

breyzipp
02-07-2017, 02:09
Would love to see classic Spa as well and we know SMS already has a great deal of work done with that track for PC1. Hopefully whatever was the reason for it to be cancelled for PC1 can be solved now so it can appear in PC2. Same for Mugello. :)

Cheesenium
02-07-2017, 02:39

Here we go again with your doom naysaying. Are you going to complain and complain until SMS gets the toys you need?

Unless it is confirmed on the official site, it is not true as the list is not complete but I guess you'll be disappointed with the final car and track list with your sky high expectations.

F1_Racer68
02-07-2017, 03:00
Here we go again with your doom naysaying. Are you going to complain and complain until SMS gets the toys you need?

Unless it is confirmed on the official site, it is not true as the list is not complete but I guess you'll be disappointed with the final car and track list with your sky high expectations.

Apparently if the game doesn't have a 919 LMP-H it will be utter crap and a total waste of money..... *smh*

Azure Flare
02-07-2017, 04:33

Why is the inclusion of a 2017 LMP1 or LMP2 car such a big deal to you? Serious question.

hkraft300
02-07-2017, 05:07
Why is the inclusion of a 2017 LMP1 or LMP2 car such a big deal to you? Serious question.

Because the sub 3:30 lap times.
And top speed. Don't you know?
They're the fastest prototype cars now, you know. In 2017.
And since pc2 is a 2017 game, they MUST have 2017 LMP cars.
:rolleyes:

ryandtw
02-07-2017, 07:18
Because the sub 3:30 lap times.
And top speed. Don't you know?
They're the fastest prototype cars now, you know. In 2017.
And since pc2 is a 2017 game, they MUST have 2017 LMP cars.
:rolleyes:

Well, the 2017 season isn't over yet... And considering how long it takes to make a car into the game as a DLC...

KANETAKER
02-07-2017, 08:00
It seems that some again are misunderstanding my words. When I mentioned the phrase "new LMP1 car" I was referring to any LMP1 car of ANY YEAR that was not available in PCARS1. But you guys seem to take it as if I was once again referring only to the LMP1 cars of this year 2017.

By mentioning the word "NEW" I meant any car or brand that is NEW at PCARS franchise (example: Ferrari, Porsche, Ford GT, TS020, are new brands/models at PCARS2), not to "new" of this year 2017 (example: Oreca 07, TS050 2017, 919 Hybrid 2017)

...but I guess you'll be disappointed with the final car and track list with your sky high expectations.
Even if you deny me, with those words you are involuntarily already confirming the fears of those who really love LMP1 cars (unlike other users) about which in effect perhaps new LMP1 cars will not be available for launch day, without need to see an official list...

If you re-read my comment carefully, my concern was focused on the fact that if in PCARS1 we had 6 different LMP1 cars, instead for PCARS2 we will only have 4 cars (R18 TDI and DBR1-2 are missing) according to that unofficial list, which in itself is a huge contrast in comparison with the GT3 Class or even similar prototype categories as GT1 and Group C although in this last category still it is missing an iconic car (Mazda 787b).

Apparently if the game doesn't have a 919 LMP-H it will be utter crap and a total waste of money..... *smh*
Firstly you should know that I am not the only person who is worried about the non-confirmation of the 919 Hybrid (and the 911 GTE), although in these forums there has been almost no negative comment (except mine) instead on the Facebook page yes there was a fair amount of Users asking about that car.
Secondly, in case you did not know the LMP1 car I most want is NOT the 919 Hybrid, rather the one I wish is one of 2011 season, of which I even designed a skin of that car to adapt it to the RWD P30 LMP1:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21952-RWD-P30-LMP1-Custom-Paints-Here-(NO-CHAT!)&p=1081060&viewfull=1#post1081060

Unfortunately there is no sound mod, but if there was a mod like that, I could completely forget about the original car.

Azure Flare
02-07-2017, 08:50
You do realize there are a few reasons why there is a lack of newer prototypes in the PCars 2 right?

although in this last category still it is missing an iconic car (Mazda 787b).

I will never understand the circlejerk for this car. Mazda as a FACTORY EFFORT in the WSPC, going all the way back to the 717C, has only ever won 1 race. The only thing Mazda ever had going for them was reliability, not performance, and certainly not efficiency. The car does have it's place in history, but it's overhyped as hell by fanboys who don't look at things objectively.

RacingAtHome
02-07-2017, 09:19
You do realize there are a few reasons why there is a lack of newer prototypes in the PCars 2 right?

I will never understand the circlejerk for this car. Mazda as a FACTORY EFFORT in the WSPC, going all the way back to the 717C, has only ever won 1 race. The only thing Mazda ever had going for them was reliability, not performance, and certainly not efficiency. The car does have it's place in history, but it's overhyped as hell by fanboys who don't look at things objectively.

With the circlejerk, you'd expect them to have some success. Although, as somebody said a few days ago on this forum, they're adding the late 80s Group C anyway so it would be the 767B they'd add instead.

Tank621
02-07-2017, 09:33
3 months to release I can almost guarantee there is still have more to announce. Think about it this way the times they are going to talk about the really impotant/popular stuff is at game announcement, pre-order release and the final run up to game release as that is when they have the most attention. We haven't actually had a proper prototype announcement, same for Ferrari and Lamborghini, all we know about is what we have spotted.

hkraft300
02-07-2017, 10:44
... any LMP1 car of ANY YEAR that was not available in PCARS1.

Even if you deny me, with those words you are involuntarily already confirming the fears of those who really love LMP1 cars (unlike other users) about which in effect perhaps new LMP1 cars will not be available for launch day, without need to see an official list...

... my concern was focused on the fact that if in PCARS1 we had 6 different LMP1 cars, instead for PCARS2 we will only have 4 cars (R18 TDI and DBR1-2 are missing) according to that unofficial list, which in itself is a huge contrast in comparison with the GT3 Class or even similar prototype categories as GT1 and Group C although in this last category still it is missing an iconic car (Mazda 787b).

Firstly I love LMP1 cars.
Pc1 had 4 (3?) LMP1 at release and the rest are DLC. SMS could well do the same. Which wouldn't bother me. Why?
Because the addition of so many iconic and interesting GT1/3/E/P, Group a-z/1-100 cars, tracks locations, and racing features, I'll be right busy enjoying everything else at launch and not bothered that an iconic car or 3 "missing" on release.

There are still 30-odd cars to be announced, DLC or not. So keep calm and hang on to your knickers.

It's not the end of the world.

cluck
02-07-2017, 11:31
Can we please just get excited about the content that IS in the game and not get depressed/upset/annoyed/let down by content that MIGHT NOT be in the game? Why does everybody have to be so bloody negative all the time?

There are over 180 cars at launch.
There are well over 50 circuits, most with multiple layouts, at launch.
Every track can be driven the dry, rain, fog or snow (or some combinations thereof ;)).
Every track can be driven at any hour, of any day of the year.
Every race can be run with as few, or as many (as far as the track and game will allow), opponents as you like, from whatever class you like in the game.
Then there's the career mode.
And multiplayer.
and so on and so forth.

That's an awful lot of content to get excited about don't you think?

Oh, and one more thing. That's all for under £40 right now. Anybody that tries to argue "it's expensive for what you get" needs a slap around the face with a wet kipper.

Konan
02-07-2017, 11:58
Let's give them all some coleslaw...:rolleyes:

Zpectre87
02-07-2017, 12:02

Also by people who rate cars by sound above all else.

The 787B winning Le Mans was the equivalent of Greece winning the 2004 Euro (there, I said it!).

Can we please just get excited about the content that IS in the game and not get depressed/upset/annoyed/let down by content that MIGHT NOT be in the game? Why does everybody have to be so bloody negative all the time?

Every track can be driven the dry, rain, fog or snow (or some combinations thereof ;)).
Every race can be run with as few, or as many (as far as the track and game will allow), opponents as you like, from whatever class you like in the game.
And multiplayer.
and so on and so forth.

That's an awful lot of content to get excited don't you think?

Oh, and one more thing. That's all for under £40 right now. Anybody that tries to argue "it's expensive for what you get" needs a slap around the face with a wet kipper.

The biggest selling point is obviously snow in Dubai. Where else can you get it today? :D

I think the most dedicated player base of PC2 will be on PC of course but, taking consoles into account, I'm pretty sure it'll be the best sim in those platforms. Gran Turismo has always been more about marketing, though in its early days it was definitely a better game, and Forza has a fun physics engine but cannot be considered a sim (the fact it runs at 4K60 along with F1 2017 on that underclocked CPU should be proof enough both those titles aren't as detailed as something like PC2).

Konan
02-07-2017, 12:08
...LOL...

F1_Racer68
02-07-2017, 13:27

And multiplayer.
and so on and so forth.

I am not a religious man, but in this case I only have one thing to say.....

AMEN!!!

Roger Prynne
02-07-2017, 13:29

And multiplayer.
and so on and so forth.

Well put mate, I've been meaning to say something like that myself for a while now.

It seems some people just need to complain for the attention :mad:

poirqc
02-07-2017, 14:46

And multiplayer.
and so on and so forth.

I think this video would apply well! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LaT5Iiwo4

dault3883
02-07-2017, 14:51
most people will always want something more its just human nature

Mattze
02-07-2017, 14:54

And multiplayer.
and so on and so forth.

Totally agreed! BUT ...

the implementation has to be right. What is the use of the whole content if it doesn't fit together? For example the career mode: We have four season, a vast number of weather configurations and ... (maybe) scripted weather in each race. So, it doesn't make sense to repeat any championship because each race feels the same. Another example which I wrote in the career thread a few days ago. You have exciting wheel to wheel racing, achieve a good 2nd place at the end of the season ... and must repeat the season (with same configurations?) because the next tier requires the first place.

These are only little things but with large influence to the whole gameplay. And these little things have prevented PC1 from becoming a great racing experience IMO. I'm not a WMD member, I don't know how far the progress is. So I must hope that SMS has recognized these issues and made it better. We all know that SMS doing a great Job! Nevertheless, perfection is not reached by praise but by objective critism from us.

hkraft300
02-07-2017, 15:43
There's an obvious difference between constructive criticism and
"Boohoo my fav car isn't in the game".

RacingAtHome
02-07-2017, 16:18
There's an obvious difference between constructive criticism and
"Boohoo my fav car isn't in the game".

Thruxton, every TCR ever and every other car and track that exists ever isn't in game. #WorstGameEver #WhoCaresAboutLiveTrackWithNothingToDrive

F1_Racer68
02-07-2017, 18:42
I think this video would apply well! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LaT5Iiwo4

Nailed it!! Seen this a few times, but it is so accurate. While the generation above mine is considered "the greatest generation", the generation below mine is most definitely "the most 'entitled' generation". As Louis said "how quickly they feel the world owes them something. All thanks to BS crap like "participation trophies" and the like.

KANETAKER
02-07-2017, 19:03

Another good reason for some LeMans fans love some cars: The good (and high) sound of engine. In my case same reason for Aston Martin DBR1-2, Matra v12 (early 70's), Rebellion 2013, Toyota TS030 2013, Corvette C6 R., and Peugeot 908 2011.

I do not want to have to put videos of those cars here to avoid distorting the post, but you could search YouTube any onboard or track video of those cars and understand it. Or maybe you're not really a fan or lover of racing cars ... as another user told me that you do not necessarily have to give preference to certain cars for top speed, here too the same thing would apply, because some of these cars (of my list) were not the fastest (787B) or did not win races (908 in LeMans 2011), but they stood out because of their colors, their design or in this case by the sound of their engines. In this link can listen other good engine sounds: https://wtf1.com/post/8-le-mans-cars-that-sound-absolutely-incredible/

Oh, and one more thing. That's all for under £40 right now. Anybody that tries to argue "it's expensive for what you get" needs a slap around the face with a wet kipper.In my case I'm not complaining about the price, it's something I can afford.

hkraft300
02-07-2017, 23:07
Another good reason for some LeMans fans love some cars: The good (and high) sound of engine.

Still completely oblivious to the tyre model, LT3, weather, new ffb, everything else SMS has added to PC2 for an authentic le Mans/endurance racing experience... :applause:

Azure Flare
02-07-2017, 23:15
Or maybe you're not really a fan or lover of racing cars ...

Like I said, I look at things objectively, and I say that car is overhyped. Also, if I wasn't a "fan or lover of racing cars", I would not be here.

poirqc
03-07-2017, 00:20
Nailed it!! Seen this a few times, but it is so accurate. While the generation above mine is considered "the greatest generation", the generation below mine is most definitely "the most 'entitled' generation". As Louis said "how quickly they feel the world owes them something. All thanks to BS crap like "participation trophies" and the like.

Hold it up right there old one ;)

It's been like that since earth exists!

edit - i can't write in any language.

dault3883
03-07-2017, 00:42
Hold it up right there old one ;)

It's been like that since hearth exists!

you do mean earth right LOL

Zpectre87
03-07-2017, 01:23
Another good reason for some LeMans fans love some cars: The good (and high) sound of engine. In my case same reason for Aston Martin DBR1-2, Matra v12 (early 70's), Rebellion 2013, Toyota TS030 2013, Corvette C6 R., and Peugeot 908 2011.

I do not want to have to put videos of those cars here to avoid distorting the post, but you could search YouTube any onboard or track video of those cars and understand it. Or maybe you're not really a fan or lover of racing cars ... as another user told me that you do not necessarily have to give preference to certain cars for top speed, here too the same thing would apply, because some of these cars (of my list) were not the fastest (787B) or did not win races (908 in LeMans 2011), but they stood out because of their colors, their design or in this case by the sound of their engines. In this link can listen other good engine sounds: https://wtf1.com/post/8-le-mans-cars-that-sound-absolutely-incredible/

In my case I'm not complaining about the price, it's something I can afford.

Le Mans is not just sound, an Escort RS has good sound, but the driving experience of the LMPs is something mental. :D

dault3883
03-07-2017, 01:33
Le Mans is not just sound, an Escort RS has good sound, but the driving experience of the LMPs is something mental. :D

agreed Le Mans is like the epic racing experiance IMO

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 01:50
... the driving experience of the LMPs is something mental. :D

agreed Le Mans is like the epic racing experiance IMO

I don't disagree, but the point is there's so much more to le Mans than a few particular cars.
SMS has thrown a lot of tech like LT3, weather and ToD, GPS location, seasonal angles of the sun etc all for that authentic endurance racing experience.
You could take a full field of just Marek and RWD cars, struggle for a podium and be sweating cursing and fatigued by the end of a long stint.

Cheesenium
03-07-2017, 03:45

In my case I'm not complaining about the price, it's something I can afford.

If you have not realised, Pcars 2 is probably one of the games that has the most amount of Le Mans race cars among racing games. Probably only games like Forza or GT can exceed pcars on that front but more importantly, Pcars is not a solely Le Man focused franchise, Pcars is a franchise that celebrates on the diversity of motorsports that emcompass historic and modern, fast and slow, prototypes and road cars. It felt like you want a completely different game for the sake of ticking some boxes for you. There are many other types of motorsports in the world which I am happy to see SMS brings in a diversity of them.

SMS rarely license cars for the sake of licensing them and they know what they are bringing to the franchise where the said car has to bring a unique experience to the game, not due to some sound samples on youtube that probably is half as good as the real thing or greatly exagerated. You are assuming that they are a bunch of idiots that randomly choose cars which evidently, they picked quite a decent bunch of cars to be included with the game within the resources and time they have. I had spoken to some of the SMS staff on WMD forums, some of the stuff they attempted or wanted to bring are impressive and interesting but ultimately did not happen due to cost, time, references or licensing issues. They know what are they doing, which I know they should bring some impressive vehicles with the DLCs. If brands like Mantra are possible to be licensed, they would had done it ages without you complaining about it. Some of their staff are incredibly knowledgable gearheads. I felt that your constant request of LMP are starting to be quite an insult to the effort they put in.

If I want to complain the lack of cars in a certain classes, then, I should be whining about touring cars in every forum post I made because I think it is still by far the weakest branch of motorsports in Pcars 1 when there are plenty of interesting touring cars out there that hasn't been in the game. LMP is largely fine for now for what is revealed so far while there isn't much to pick from. I just play R3E to get my touring cars fix as Pcars is quite inadequate on this.

Still, I guess you do not care about what other thinks and will carry on with your "HOW WELL DOES THESE LMP SOUND ON SHITTY YOUTUBE VIDEOS" and "HOW SMS IS RUNNING A CONSPIRACY TOWARDS ME BY DEPRIVING MY UNHEALTHY OBCESSION TOWARDS THESE SEXY LMPS" campaign. I get you are a fan of these cars but it gets extremely annoying if you keep going on with this.

I really can't see why we would need a Rebellion LMP or a C6R in a game like Pcars. Rebellion LMP1 is weak and will be overwhelmed with what the game has now while C6R is a bit old. I rather have the Callaway C7R GT3 in pcars 2 if I want another Corvette race car. Even if I like another Corvette race car, I migth as well pick a race version of Corvette Stingray.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 11:21
https://youtu.be/Qpcuchr85gg
Looks like the Group A BMW is back and I think I saw the Merc as well
And the new Audi makes an appearance as well

DominoPLMC
03-07-2017, 14:43
Some cars were revealed on projectcarsgame.com site under ''The Cars'' tab, however, some of them are still tba.

Aile_Bleue
03-07-2017, 14:46
Awesome car list ! Best car list ever ! :eek: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=fr

Just awesome. !!!! There will be more LmP2 cars please ? :yes:

FS7
03-07-2017, 14:58
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=fr
Nice car list indeed, but there's some weird stuff in that page:
-Formula C is listed twice, and one of the FC pics actually look like the Formula Rookie from PCars1.
-There's no TBA under modern open-wheel & kart, are Formula B & superkart not coming back?

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 15:01
Awesome car list ! Best car list ever ! :eek: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=fr

Nissan R89C, Ligier JS P3, 1973 Nissan 240ZG GTS-ii, Ginetta G57, the Radicals are back!

Bravo, SMS.

Stewy32
03-07-2017, 15:01
On Instagram R18 e-tron quattro confirmed see my story (smokingpuppy841) for the evidence.

Aile_Bleue
03-07-2017, 15:09
-There's no TBA under modern open-wheel & kart, are Formula B & superkart not coming back?

"TBA" means cars that are not confirmed?

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 15:10
On Instagram R18 e-tron quattro confirmed see my story (smokingpuppy841) for the evidence.

It was confirmed on instagram earlier bit it's now on this list:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=fr

-Formula C is listed twice, and one of the FC pics actually look like the Formula Rookie from PCars1.

One of the Formula C is the Rookie. Must be a typo.
Formula B canned! Formula X is taking the open wheel top tier, then?

One of the 300zx has a weird section missing from the front corner.

Mad Al
03-07-2017, 15:15

You mean that bit that normally completely covers the headlights so would be completely useless in a 24Hr race..

Mahjik
03-07-2017, 15:15
https://cdn-6.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/300000/310000/315000/315700/315716/s8/lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-1994-75-cunningham-racing-nissan-300zx-turbo-steve-millen-johnn.jpg

It's the clear cover for the lights.. It just doesn't render well in the thumbnail views..

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 15:22
https://cdn-6.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/300000/310000/315000/315700/315716/s8/lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-1994-75-cunningham-racing-nissan-300zx-turbo-steve-millen-johnn.jpg

It's the clear cover for the lights.. It just doesn't render well in the thumbnail views..

Ah right. The le Mans spec!
Because the road car "headlights" aren't actually there.

cluck
03-07-2017, 15:32
such a sexy long list of motor racing vehicles there :yes:

Silraed
03-07-2017, 15:35
Shame if the Formula B isn't going to make another appearance, they were great fun for a throw around.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 15:36
Ooh there's still more for the IMSA GTO category, that is very good to hear

poirqc
03-07-2017, 15:38
such a sexy long list of motor racing vehicles there :yes:

OMFG!!! :D

2013 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302R1

I think i'll just go pre-order right now. It's really cool to see how the older series are now crowded!

I'll be that guy, tho, i gotta say 1 con. I'll dearly miss the yellowbird. That must be a blast with the new physics/tire... Anyway, great list.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 15:42
OMFG!!! :D

2013 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302R1

I think i'll just go pre-order right now.

Did you just get excited about a car from tbe 1st game? Haha

poirqc
03-07-2017, 15:45

Well, at some point, i wasn't sure the GT4 stang was getting back. Since the new model came out after pCars devellopement started, it came accros in that there wouldn't be any GT4 stang at some point. Maybe i read wrong or whatever. I drove that one alot and i'm super excited to drive it again.

I'm a really nostalgic guy, as you can tell! :)

1971 MERCEDES BENZ 300SEL 6.8 AMG - That one is already awesome, can't wait for 2.0!

breyzipp
03-07-2017, 16:00

Hmm seems like the Formula Gulf is not returning, a bit sad since we have the Dubai track already and that is one of 2 tracks it raced in IRL. But please don't interprete that as a complaint, open wheelers are at the bottom of my fun-chain anyway, it's just that the pace and grip of the car in PC1 was really enjoyable for me. But I'm sure I'll like one of the other ones as well. For the rest the list looks sweet!

Just curious since I'm probably about the only person to care a bit about the Formula Gulf, what was the reason it got dropped? Licensing? Not enough data? It's window of performance is already represented by one of the other Formula cars?

PS - I assume the unrevealed cars will most likely be Ferrari and Lamborghini.

I will do an update for the topic post soon. Currently at the airport waiting to fly back home.

breyzipp
03-07-2017, 16:04

Thinking about it, with better handling. Better controller. Better sound. Better track.... yes I think I will be excited about quite a few PC1 cars in PC2 as well. But I know what you mean Tank. ;)

Tank621
03-07-2017, 16:06
Weirdly there's no mention of Stock Cars even though they were said to be returning

RacingAtHome
03-07-2017, 16:07
Weirdly there's no mention of Stock Cars even though they were said to be returning

Yet.

Anyway. You know what makes me slightly mad? When TCR and Super 2000 are put in the same class.

Cheesenium
03-07-2017, 16:08
That is a bit early for almost full car list reveal. Still, I guess most cars are known now anyway.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 16:13
Another weird thing is that some of the already announced DLC cars are on there but others are not, I'm guessing there in the process of updating it

Cheesenium
03-07-2017, 16:42
Another weird thing is that some of the already announced DLC cars are on there but others are not, I'm guessing there in the process of updating it

Because the DLC cars are not finished yet.

They are day 1 DLC but usually, they are the ones that started work very late in the development cycle. One of them just exported to the dev builds recently.

3800racingfool
03-07-2017, 18:06
FWIW: The list is still in the process of updating. There's more cars listed there now than there was an hour ago.

Seeing this list though I'm curious now as to what the differences between the GT3 'Endurance' cars are and their 'normal' counterparts other than maybe cosmetics?

RacingAtHome
03-07-2017, 19:47
Comparing the WTCC 2011 round at Monza and the 2017 TCR qualifying times, I notice that they are 2 seconds slower. To equalise the BMW and the Opel, you'd have to make the BMW a second slower and the Opel a second faster.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 19:52
FWIW: The list is still in the process of updating. There's more cars listed there now than there was an hour ago.

Seeing this list though I'm curious now as to what the differences between the GT3 'Endurance' cars are and their 'normal' counterparts other than maybe cosmetics?

Good spot, the few mistakes have been fixed and the Ford Fusion has made a appearance along with several others

Bankai_Bullett
03-07-2017, 20:00
So there's 3 Bentley GT3 in the list. Excellent! I love the Bentley... I love the '15 Bentley, but what's the difference between the '16 GT3 and the '16 GT3 Endurance???

snipeme77
03-07-2017, 20:12
So from my take, all lambos and Toyota are missing, and most ferrari's are missing as well. Otherwise looks great, some nice surprise's

Roger Prynne
03-07-2017, 20:45
^ Be prepared to be even more surprised.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 20:47
^ Be prepared to be even more surprised.

Oh Roger you are such a tease Haha

cunningham85
03-07-2017, 20:48
After seeing the list im just hoping for more TCR cars, S2000 or even BTCC cars. Being a game that's made in the UK we don't have any representation of the biggest race series in the UK the BTCC.

RacingAtHome
03-07-2017, 20:54
After seeing the list im just hoping for more TCR cars, S2000 or even BTCC cars. Being a game that's made in the UK we don't have any representation of the biggest race series in the UK the BTCC.

The problem is the BOP. I found that the NGTC are 2 seconds faster compared to the S2000 when they went to Brands GP. And the TCRs are 2 seconds slower at Monza.

Wish we had a NGTC or 2. Although I'd rather have a separate and booming S2000 and TCR class first.

cunningham85
03-07-2017, 21:05
Just BOP them then or potentially run multiclass touring car races like they done in the past. Lol its probably just me dying for another game similar to TOCA touring cars. The good thing about touring cars is they are all similarly matched and should make the racing fun.....rubbings racing.

OddTimer
03-07-2017, 21:50
Great list =] I can see 3 more promo videos coming soon: Toyota, Lambo and Ferrari...can't wait!

Mattze
03-07-2017, 22:17
Hmm, the car list looks a bit random to me but I don't know the licencing reasons. I miss Formula B because there isn't any licencing stuff. Group 5 and A both look very nice. Also Group C, just personally, I needn't the Le Mans versions. At GTO, if I remember correctly, the Audi has never fighted against the Cobra. I don't understand this decision even in PC1.
GT3 is a bit overkill in my opinion. 3 Bentleys of the same model, okay ... also the endurance versions seem unnecassary to me because we have GTE. In comparison, GT4 looks a bit weak. At LMP1, if the Toyota will join later, it is okay for me. The 2017 cars and the older specs are not comparable anyway.
The largest weakness of the line up are the modern touring cars. Sorry, but you can leave out them just as well. A Super 2000 from 2012, a TCR from 2016 and two fictionals, seriously? Vintage Touring looks even better but totally random. I think, these are different classes. Road cars and RX as expected, well done. At the end, under miscellaneous, the V8 Falcon and NASCAR seem a bit lonely. I think, there are licence issues with other developers. Just I wonder, where the superkarts are remained?

So, all in all, a great list with a full load of fun but some weird decisions, especially for touring cars. I hope, the future DLCs complete this list in a meaningful manner. *psst* TCs ;)

FS7
03-07-2017, 22:19
So from my take, all lambos and Toyota are missing, and most ferrari's are missing as well. Otherwise looks great, some nice surprise's
They probably race for that TBA team that's all over the page.
Formula Rookie pic was fixed with the proper name, still no Formula B or superkart yet.

Tank621
03-07-2017, 22:29
Hmm, the car list looks a bit random to me but I don't know the licencing reasons. I miss Formula B because there isn't any licencing stuff. Group 5 and A both look very nice. Also Group C, just personally, I needn't the Le Mans versions. At GTO, if I remember correctly, the Audi has never fighted against the Cobra. I don't understand this decision even in PC1.
GT3 is a bit overkill in my opinion. 3 Bentleys of the same model, okay ... also the endurance versions seem unnecassary to me because we have GTE. In comparison, GT4 looks a bit weak. At LMP1, if the Toyota will join later, it is okay for me. The 2017 cars and the older specs are not comparable anyway.
The largest weakness of the line up are the modern touring cars. Sorry, but you can leave out them just as well. A Super 2000 from 2012, a TCR from 2016 and two fictionals, seriously? Vintage Touring looks even better but totally random. I think, these are different classes. Road cars and RX as expected, well done. At the end, under miscellaneous, the V8 Falcon and NASCAR seem a bit lonely. I think, there are licence issues with other developers. Just I wonder, where the superkarts are remained?

So, all in all, a great list with a full load of fun but some weird decisions, especially for touring cars. I hope, the future DLCs complete this list in a meaningful manner. *psst* TCs ;)

Wow, that was some cheerful optimism

The Mustang and Audi GTO are together probably more because of similar performance and to avoid the Cobra being in a single car Trans Am class
Group C is famous for Le Mans, why shouldn't we have Le Mans spec machines
GT3 Endurance cars we don't really know anything about yet
Vintage Touring/GT will almost certainly be seprated into different classes as seen in PCars 1
The classes which may be somewhat lacking is most likely down to liscensing

Hope that helped

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 22:38
just personally, I needn't the Le Mans versions.

Low drag version for high speed tracks. Like the oval spec Indy cars.
I suspect it's related to updated car physics and new tuning menu/options.
We don't know yet.

Possible also that we may get classic le Mans where low drag spec cars make more sense?!

MillsLayne
03-07-2017, 22:47
LOVE the list released today. Really the only thing I hope for now is that the "old" stock cars from PC1 make a return. I gotta have some Days of Thunder moments. haha

RacingAtHome
03-07-2017, 22:50
I feel sorry for TBA sometimes. So many chances to be in games and could have been in IndyCar many times. Very talented.

Azure Flare
03-07-2017, 23:41
still no Formula B or superkart yet.

They're not coming back.

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 00:50
They're not coming back.

And Formula Gulf? Since the list was still being updated...

Most of the open wheelers are fictional cars already. I hope the real ones (Renault & Gulf) can both stay (Renault was already on the list)

ryandtw
04-07-2017, 01:00
They probably race for that TBA team that's all over the page.
Formula Rookie pic was fixed with the proper name, still no Formula B or superkart yet.

They're not coming back.

Formula Renault replaces Formula B, and are superkarts even that popular in the motorsport world?

Also, why are the Marek LMP vehicles mixed up (LMP2 picture on LMP1 category and vice versa)? And what about the RWD LMPs - the model year says 2016, shouldn't the chassis and engines be updated to the 2016 ACO spec or something? And why is there no Oreca 05 closed prototype, just the 03 open and the Ligier JS P2?

Other than that, I'm looking forward to a number of new cars coming to pCARS 2. I'm even surprised the Cayman GT4 is coming as well! (Or was that announced before?)

I have a feeling some cars that deserved to be on the list (e.g. Porsche 919) may be held off as future DLC cars...

FS7
04-07-2017, 01:01
They're not coming back.
If that's confirmed than that sucks, superkarts are pretty fun to drive, same for FB.

Azure Flare
04-07-2017, 01:01
And Formula Gulf? Since the list was still being updated...

Most of the open wheelers are fictional cars already. I hope the real ones (Renault & Gulf) can both stay (Renault was already on the list)

I'm going off of this list (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en). It shows that the Formula B, Formula Gulf, and Superkart won't be back. Even checking WMD also confirms this.

GenBrien
04-07-2017, 02:28
If that's confirmed than that sucks, superkarts are pretty fun to drive,

superkarts are epic ;)

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 03:51
I started updating the topic post with the new info but this will take a while.

Started copying the new info towards the top and leaving the todo cars below.

So far done open wheeler, indycar and group 4, 5, 6.

Will continue with the rest tomorrow.

MillsLayne
04-07-2017, 04:12
The Formula C looks VERY similar to the Gulf.

Azure Flare
04-07-2017, 04:16
The Formula C looks VERY similar to the Gulf.

The Formula Gulf is basically a Formula 4 car, and the Formula C is meant to be like a Formula 3 car, so they're not very similar.

Cheesenium
04-07-2017, 04:21
And why is there no Oreca 05 closed prototype, just the 03 open and the Ligier JS P2?

Probably could not make it for release, unfortunately.

MillsLayne
04-07-2017, 04:24
The Formula Gulf is basically a Formula 4 car, and the Formula C is meant to be like a Formula 3 car, so they're not very similar.

I get that, but I'm just looking at the picture on the list and the 2016 FC looks like a boxier version of the PC1 FC, like the Gulf. Not saying it IS the Gulf, but looks pretty similar.

Tank621
04-07-2017, 10:29
What do you think the 3rd Vintage Prototype could be? Ferrari perhaps, would go well with the Ford

cmch15
04-07-2017, 10:30
Good to see the expanded Gr.5, Gr.A and vintage touring/GT lineups, plus the addition of the RallyX cars :-)

80 days to go ......

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 11:28
What do you think the 3rd Vintage Prototype could be? Ferrari perhaps, would go well with the Ford

Yeah 330 P3/4 would be my guess :)

RacingAtHome
04-07-2017, 11:31
Yeah 330 P3/4 would be my guess :)

Agreed. Although I'd like the Porsche to finish that trio.

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 12:44
Agreed. Although I'd like the Porsche to finish that trio.

Hmmm I don't know. The Porsche 917K would be fantastic but that's early 70s and CanAm era, we don't have any other CanAm cars yet. That 330 P3/4 (4 probably) is still late 60s and when done properly would be a fantastic too.

Either way, whatever will fit into that slot will be great IMO. :)

hkraft300
04-07-2017, 13:48
Group C get amongst it

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 14:15
Guys I'm pretty sure the Renault RS 01 will not be in GT3 trim in the game. Every other Renault has been revealed. There are only 2 "TBA" slots for GT3 cars in the game without the RS01 and 1 will for sure be the Huracan GT3. I think the second one might just be the Huracan GT3 Endurance since they seem to be doing that with a bunch of the GT3 cars.

Also while updating the topic post (still working on it) it's pretty obvious most of the TBA cars from the official list are cars we already know from the brands Ferrari, Lamborghini and Toyota. Even the GT86 Rocket Bunny GT (GT4) was left out as TBA. I think SMS wants to reveal those 3 brands via news articles like they did before with Porsche, Mitsubushi and Nissan. But they probably felt pushed to do the official list already now since the fake lists are floating around the internet. I would expect an official track list soon as well for the same reason.

I think the missing GTE car will be the Ferrari 488 GTE, makes most sense and that would be for an upcoming Ferrari article. And that missing slot for the vintage prototypes will be most likely be the Ferrari 330 P4 (which would be awesome indeed since we got the Ford GT40 MkIV).

maTech
04-07-2017, 14:22
Ligier JS P2 & P3, Ginetta LMP3, all these beautiful GT1 cars, GT3, GT4, GTE..........is it a dream? If not, i need a time machine now! Thank you for all these wonderful cars!

Tank621
04-07-2017, 14:32
Guys I'm pretty sure the Renault RS 01 will not be in GT3 trim in the game. Every other Renault has been revealed. There are only 2 "TBA" slots for GT3 cars in the game without the RS01 and 1 will for sure be the Huracan GT3. I think the second one might just be the Huracan GT3 Endurance since they seem to be doing that with a bunch of the GT3 cars.
The GT3s seem to be in alphabetical order but the TBSs are at the end, after P if they follow the pattern one of them could be the Renault but that wouldn't fit the Lambo properly if my theory is correct

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 14:33
The GT3s seem to be in alphabetical order but the TBSs are at the end, after P if they follow the pattern one of them could be the Renault but that wouldn't fit the Lambo properly if my theory is correct

Yeah I noticed that some of the lists are indeed alphabetically and the TBA's we already know fit in nicely in the right place. :) But indeed not all lists are alphabetical.