PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 - The FULL track list including all DLC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

breyzipp
01-07-2017, 20:58
That list is not correct. For example under COTA it only lists the GP track where in the recent Misubishi Time Attack car it showed the shorter version. So IMO that's a leaked old list.

Besides we will get 60 locations so the list is far from complete either.

Tank621
01-07-2017, 21:21
That list is not correct. For example under COTA it only lists the GP track where in the recent Misubishi Time Attack car it showed the shorter version. So IMO that's a leaked old list.

Besides we will get 60 locations so the list is far from complete either.

AR12 Gaming have also posted the same list. I would say its not accurate at all as I highly doubt SMS would have revealed everything with nearly 3 months to go until launch. And of course as you mentioned there are things we know about that aren't on that list such as short COTA

RacingAtHome
01-07-2017, 22:00
AR12 Gaming have also posted the same list. I would say its not accurate at all as I highly doubt SMS would have revealed everything with nearly 3 months to go until launch. And of course as you mentioned there are things we know about that aren't on that list such as short COTA

AR12 posted the list first. Then updated it and didn't call it a complete list on release in the article itself.

Tank621
01-07-2017, 22:14
AR12 posted the list first. Then updated it and didn't call it a complete list on release in the article itself.

Unfortunately someone didn't tell the social media guys for AR12 who have tweeted the list calling it "complete" so the damage has already been done and the comments are unfortunately filled with complaints of "duplicate cars"

RacingAtHome
01-07-2017, 22:49
Unfortunately someone didn't tell the social media guys for AR12 who have tweeted the list calling it "complete" so the damage has already been done and the comments are unfortunately filled with complaints of "duplicate cars"

True. And it's an absolute shame. Then WTF1 with a much larger following forgot about journalism and copied the list straight and didn't bother to read the article and called it complete. Combine that with not updating that.

Azure Flare
02-07-2017, 00:26
True. And it's an absolute shame. Then WTF1 with a much larger following forgot about journalism and copied the list straight and didn't bother to read the article and called it complete. Combine that with not updating that.

Well, that's WTF1 for ya.

RacingAtHome
02-07-2017, 01:27

Personally, I call them the BuzzFeed of motorsport. And I do not like BuzzFeed one bit.

GenBrien
02-07-2017, 01:27
watkins glenn is not there either

RacingAtHome
02-07-2017, 01:29
watkins glenn is not there either

Anything after S wasn't included in the original AR12 list and WTF1 copied that, slapped the "official" word in there and called it a news piece. And Trump calls CNN Fake News. At least you have to try to find the fakeness in those.

Alan Dallas
03-07-2017, 02:08

Personally, I call them the BuzzFeed of motorsport. And I do not like BuzzFeed one bit.

You're too kind, I call them the CNN of Motorsports. :p

Azure Flare
03-07-2017, 02:12

I would consider WTF1 to be the Huffington Repost of motorsports.

Alan Dallas
03-07-2017, 02:16
I would consider WTF1 to be the Huffington Repost of motorsports.
One thing is for certain, journalist today have no integrity... or an ability to properly fact check.

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 02:25
One thing is for certain, journalist today have no integrity... or an ability to properly fact check.

Clickbaitism.

Azure Flare
03-07-2017, 02:33
Clickbaitism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

RacingAtHome
03-07-2017, 02:34

You're underestimating how much I dislike BuzzFeed.

Aile_Bleue
04-07-2017, 19:18
There is Spa Classic

At 4:44 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeGvzkuYTY

And there will be the old Le Mans track ?

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 20:20
There is Spa Classic

At 4:44 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeGvzkuYTY

And there will be the old Le Mans track ?

Whoooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Great news! This excites me more than even the best new cars. :)

By the way also the COTA short northern circuit is in it! And the short south circuit was already in as well so I believe for COTA we'll have all 3 possible layouts confirmed now.

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 21:05
Ok I added GP, National and Club to COTA and that is also everything this circuit has to offer, so another FULL location. :) By the way even if you don't like COTA much, that Club Circuit in the back of the track is quite fun (judging from my FM6 racing there). Really satisfied this is in as it gives a completely different racing experience compared to the GP and National circuits at COTA.

Spa classic GP also added. Anyone know what year it would be? It's hard to judge only from that little bit of Porsche 936 footage.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/belgium/spa-francorchamps.html#.WVwDC4iGOUk

Obviously it's something between 1939 and 1978. ;)

Also once SMS publishes a track page similar to cars I think I will do the topic post a bit different. The formatting as how I've done it now is really complicated and annoying to edit with all the different colors. I might throw everything in a Google Sheet and link from that one. Maybe start of from a copy of the sheet in my signature. I don't know yet.

Roger Prynne
04-07-2017, 21:50
Ok I added GP, National and Club to COTA and that is also everything this circuit has to offer, so another FULL location. :) By the way even if you don't like COTA much, that Club Circuit in the back of the track is quite fun (judging from my FM6 racing there). Really satisfied this is in as it gives a completely different racing experience compared to the GP and National circuits at COTA.

Spa classic GP also added. Anyone know what year it would be? It's hard to judge only from that little bit of Porsche 936 footage.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/belgium/spa-francorchamps.html#.WVwDC4iGOUk

Obviously it's something between 1939 and 1978. ;)

Also once SMS publishes a track page similar to cars I think I will do the topic post a bit different. The formatting as how I've done it now is really complicated and annoying to edit with all the different colors. I might throw everything in a Google Sheet and link from that one. Maybe start of from a copy of the sheet in my signature. I don't know yet.

1962..... I think.

Fanapryde
04-07-2017, 21:58
1962..... I think.
I doubt the crash barriers were present at that time. This is footage from the 1966 GP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCm3Q4_5s_o

Schadows
04-07-2017, 22:13
if it is the same version as in pcars 1, it should be the 1967 version.

Roger Prynne
04-07-2017, 22:24
Well the Armco crash barriers were added to the track in 1970 apparently.
I'll try and find out officially what ours is based on.

Phil.Vhee
05-07-2017, 08:55
Again RX tracks will be afterward added (DLC)? :)

Mahjik
05-07-2017, 11:32
Again RX tracks will be afterward added (DLC)? :)

No.. RX cars and tracks are part of the core game.

Aile_Bleue
05-07-2017, 11:40
Too bad ... I would have liked to see the Mégane RX 2018, the Audi S1 ​​and the Peugeot 208 T16.

breyzipp
05-07-2017, 12:11
Too bad ... I would have liked to see the Mégane RX 2018, the Audi S1 ​​and the Peugeot 208 T16.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21910-What-cars-do-you-want-to-see-in-game

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 15:14

Have you made 1 post not involving a car request? :rolleyes:

Aile_Bleue
05-07-2017, 17:37
Not sure at this moment lol ! But this car list is very good I think !

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 18:03

So from what I can gather it's a homage to the late 60's to early 70's.

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 18:28
So from what I can gather it's a homage to the late 60's to early 70's.
So the track is in the game ?
I remember it failed to make it in pCars1).

Eric Rowland
05-07-2017, 18:31

Here is some footage from 1970 with the new chicane at Malmedy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpfC0h4fFg&t=4s

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 19:22
So the track is in the game ?

Yes.... where have you been for the last few days :smile-new:

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 19:38
Yes.... where have you been for the last few days :smile-new:
Trying to finish my 44th career season... :)
On PC that is.

breyzipp
06-07-2017, 08:46

And are those barriers in the PC2 version? If so then it will be the 1970 version, if not then 1967?

breyzipp
06-07-2017, 08:50
Another question, since we still lack a great deal of locations to reach that 60 location count, do all those classic tracks now count as a separate location? I know in PC1 for Silverstone and Hockenheim the Classic GP circuits were just seen as one configuration or layout from the same location. For example Silverstone was:
- GP
- classic GP
- National
- International
- Stowe (long)

IIRC :)

Roger Prynne
06-07-2017, 09:14
And are those barriers in the PC2 version? If so then it will be the 1970 version, if not then 1967?

Well yes that's why this discussion about the track started (last bit of this video) http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50655-Project-CARS-2-SMS-Approved-WMD-made-Videos&p=1342489&viewfull=1#post1342489

and I've already said "it's a homage to the late 60's to early 70's."

Jescott71
06-07-2017, 21:27
As a huge Super GT fan you have no idea how happy I am that Sugo is going to be in the game.

breyzipp
07-07-2017, 00:52
Asia - China - Zhuhai International Circuit - International Road Course
Asia - Japan - Fuji Speedway - International Racing Course (L) (PCARS2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VavaK5gY6M8))
Asia - Japan - Fuji Speedway - International Road Racing Course without chicane
Asia - Japan - Fuji Speedway - Short Course {karting}
Asia - Japan - Sportsland SUGO - International Road Racing Course (L) (PCARS2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0HW2EnMffg)) (real life (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwDij72_GNo))
Asia - Japan - Sportsland SUGO - International Road Racing Course with motorbike chicane
Asia - Japan - Sportsland SUGO - West Course {karting}

Thinking of redoing the topic post more in the lines of these few examples. (I started playing with the #2 reply a bit) Let me know what you think.

1 line per track layout is a lot easier to manage than 1 line per location so the old format is really too annoying to handle.

Black is a track returning from PCARS1 that's also in PCARS2.
Red in a track new to the series.
Blue (L) means laser or drone scanned.
I started adding links to the WMD videos since they often show the map nicely.
Greyed out is track configurations that exist IRL but aren't in the game (yet). Not sure if I should keep those or not.

Not present in these examples but when a layout is a karting circuit, ice circuit, dirt circuit or a rallycross circuit then I want to add that in orange similar to how it's done in the topic post.

Konan
07-07-2017, 04:07
It's your thread mate...go for it :cool:

breyzipp
07-07-2017, 22:43
It's your thread mate...go for it :cool:

:P Yeah but it's a lot of work if I do it right now. I might just wait until SMS reveals their page about the tracks and then start from there. :)

honespc
08-07-2017, 10:27
Here's hoping choices like Sugo, a track a few enthusiasts only know about ultimately have an impact on not bringing others that at least are heavily requested such as Road Atlanta, and of course Sebring.

Seeing Sugo makes me uneasy when it comes to this matter.

Roger Prynne
08-07-2017, 10:39
Don't you think that adding tracks like Sugo brings a bit of diversity to the track roster? rather than tracks that are in most sims and are rather common.

dault3883
08-07-2017, 10:47
Road Atlanta and sebring would still be two great additions. Maybe DLC?

breyzipp
08-07-2017, 10:53
Don't you think that adding tracks like Sugo brings a bit of diversity to the track roster? rather than tracks that are in most sims and are rather common.

AB-SO-LUTELY my thoughts as well! My favorite tracks from PC1 are BRNO, Zhuhai, Zolder and Ruapuna for that exact reason. Number of games I previously raced on these tracks: Zero! ;)

Not to mention the diversity of bringing non-European, non-American tracks to the game. Just look at the topic post, there is already a huge list of tracks from those continents. Anything coming from South America, the Middle East, Africa or Asia almost blindly gets my stamp of approval. :)

dault3883
08-07-2017, 10:54
AB-SO-LUTELY my thoughts as well! My favorite tracks from PC1 are BRNO, Zhuhai, Zolder and Ruapuna for that exact reason. Number of games I previously raced on these tracks: Zero! ;)

they had BRNO on the Le Mans 24 Hours Game on PS2 its fun for sure

breyzipp
08-07-2017, 10:56
they had BRNO on the Le Mans 24 Hours Game on PS2 its fun for sure

Hence why I said exactly the following :

AB-SO-LUTELY my thoughts as well! My favorite tracks from PC1 are BRNO, Zhuhai, Zolder and Ruapuna for that exact reason. Number of games I previously raced on these tracks: Zero!

:)

dault3883
08-07-2017, 11:09
Hence why I said exactly the following :

i was agreeing with you it was fun i only listed the other game because thats where i had first driven on it

Roger Prynne
08-07-2017, 11:19

Not to mention the diversity of bringing non-European, non-American tracks to the game. Just look at the topic post, there is already a huge list of tracks from those continents. Anything coming from South America, the Middle East, Africa or Asia almost blindly gets my stamp of approval. :)

Yeah my thoughts exactly, It's a good challenge trying to master a track that you are not familiar with.
Also some different scenery is welcome as well.

dault3883
08-07-2017, 11:32
one track iv never cared much for is Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit at albert park i dont know why just never cared for it much just had an epic F1 Race on it on F1 2012 yesterday where i had to hold off Michael Schumacker's mercedes for the win

Roger Prynne
08-07-2017, 11:49
^ So you like contradicting yourself I see :rolleyes:

dault3883
08-07-2017, 11:55
^ So you like contradicting yourself I see :rolleyes:

it was an epic battle but not because of the track, and just because im farely good on the track doesnt equate to me liking it. needless to say it wasnt one of my best races i came into the pits with Schumacher right on my tail came out and on the out lap gapped him by 6 seconds by the end of the race he had eaten up those 6 seconds and i was fighting him off and was just good enough through the last sections of the track where all the turns and short straights are to hold him off

cluck
08-07-2017, 12:38
Sebring has been stated, many times in the past, as being very unlikely to come to the pCARS series.

As for other circuits, there's a massive chasm between "devs wanting a particular circuit" and "devs getting a particular circuit". Most of it revolves around money. Money and exclusivity deals. TWO such barriers are money, exclusivity deals and circuit owner reluctance. Amongst such barriers to license a track are money, exclusivity deals, circuit owner reluctance and a fanatical dedication to the pope....

with my humblest apologies to Monty Python

F1_Racer68
08-07-2017, 12:41
Sebring has been stated, many times in the past, as being very unlikely to come to the pCARS series.

As for other circuits, there's a massive chasm between "devs wanting a particular circuit" and "devs getting a particular circuit". Most of it revolves around money. Money and exclusivity deals. TWO such barriers are money, exclusivity deals and circuit owner reluctance. Amongst such barriers to license a track are money, exclusivity deals, circuit owner reluctance and a fanatical dedication to the pope....

So you're saying that the main issues with getting tracks into the game are money and exclusivity deals??

Not quite sure I am understanding what you are trying to say.... /sarcasm :D

honespc
08-07-2017, 12:43
Maybe you folks misunderstood me a little. PC1 never had any issue with track diversity to begin with and so was pc2 kind of feeling too. I saw variety enough around, as well as I see it in pc1.

It's about playing on those tracks (like Sebring) with project cars physics. For example i don't like Forza physics, but I like those two tracks and would like to race them on project cars engine. Why?, they make for the only american tracks I like along with Laguna, Watkins and Road América. Their mere inclusion sure should look attractive to the eyes of thousands if not more potential customers/users from not just America (I use myself as the example. I'm not american), into pc2 now that we have some indies and other american stuff as well to go along with.

The American customer has been in the target of racing devs, specially British racing game devs for a while already, and PC2 makes for some epic opportunity to delude and pay tribute to them a little. Japan doesn't have the Motorsport culture UK and USA have had. Diversity is cool, but through some filtering.

Of course I still don't know whether Sebring will be added or not. It was just in case that if it wouldn't, then the wise choice had been Sebring instead due to obvious reason. It's a track that at least is known by the many, not the few.

Don't throw one of the most beloved/requested tracks into the bin just yet just because of personal preferences. You might ditch Road Atlanta or not, but Sebring must make it so It can be finally enjoyed on Project Cars physics, basically. That is the point.

dault3883
08-07-2017, 12:47
i agree dont throw a track in the bin just because you as a developer dont like it. After all you are making the game for the people who are going to buy it not your self so you should put as much of what they want into it as far as tracks and cars go within reason

honespc
08-07-2017, 13:15
Having acquired the rights for one of the most expensive (and dull, lacking risk) tracks in the world such as cota?. By any means Sebrings rights can cost that much.

Pretty sure It would have been an infinitely cheaper track to make it for the game. This seems to be a preference issue, for no one believes americans are into F1 that much. They were never, and never they will be.

Mahjik
08-07-2017, 13:18
Road Atlanta and sebring would still be two great additions. Maybe DLC?

This is not a request thread. Let's only discuss what is confirmed.

dault3883
08-07-2017, 13:24
This is not a request thread. Let's only discuss what is confirmed.

i wasnt requesting them i was trying to respond to Honespc's comment by trying to say that those might come on a DLC

Mahjik
08-07-2017, 13:30
i wasnt requesting them i was trying to respond to Honespc's comment by trying to say that those might come on a DLC

Again, let's keep this thread focused on the thread topic: Confirmed Track List.

Not "Speculation Track List", not "Possible DLC Track List".. etc.. We have threads for those. Discuss what has been confirmed.

breyzipp
08-07-2017, 14:02
It's about playing on those tracks (like Sebring) with project cars physics. For example i don't like Forza physics, but I like those two tracks and would like to race them on project cars engine.

This holds a lot of truth and is understandable, but not only for physics but also atmosphere. For example I was WAY more excited about tracks like Portimao and Sugo being announced because I never raced on those before. Some of the American tracks (like Long Beach, Indianapolis and COTA) I was not very excited about since I have already raced on those many times in FM6. But then with the April media event I saw the day to night transition video of that Long Beach Indycar video and it looked absolutely great. The atmosphere of the track is totally different with the dynamic time of day in PC2 compared to how I know it from FM6 as only having static sunny daylight. So even for tracks that don't excite me because of "already raced on them elsewhere" there will still be a lot of fresh feeling for them in PC2 because of better car physics, live track 3.0, full dynamic weather and time of day & seasons.

amazed
08-07-2017, 14:38
So you're saying that the main issues with getting tracks into the game are money and exclusivity deals??

Not quite sure I am understanding what you are trying to say.... /sarcasm :D

Maybe a Spanish Inquisition could get the answers out of him?.... :p

Roger Prynne
08-07-2017, 17:28
^ But you're from Brighton :highly_amused:

cxMilk
09-07-2017, 03:50
Here's hoping choices like Sugo, a track a few enthusiasts only know about ultimately have an impact on not bringing others that at least are heavily requested such as Road Atlanta, and of course Sebring.

Seeing Sugo makes me uneasy when it comes to this matter.
Here's hoping choices like Sugo continue to come our way in the pCars franchise. Most all of the national level or lesser known tracks have turned out to be my favorites. For sure, I'd love to see Road Atlanta as well, but I've raced so many of the big tracks in so many other games over the years, it's so refreshing seeing tracks that appear rarely, if ever, in other games.

You can't even begin to imagine how sick of Laguna Seca I am, although I will admit, pCars1 helped rejuvenate some sense of enjoyment for the track. Have a feeling pCars2 may just do the same for Long Beach, because presently, I loathe that track to no end.*

*Thanks to Forza.

SobritoS
09-07-2017, 09:16

Oh my god, dude!!! That was just perfect. I'm actually LOLing!!!

stinki110
09-07-2017, 19:12
Sakitto seems to be confirmed (https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/882975397650079744)

Roger Prynne
09-07-2017, 19:44
^ I thought you guys already knew that.

Mattze
09-07-2017, 19:55
I had expected it, but hoped for Suzuka. Sad that the track owners claim these absurd license costs. In my opinion, those fictional circuits have no place in a simulation ...

Fanapryde
09-07-2017, 19:55
In the list on page 1 Sakitta is still grey: not confirmed for pCars2.

Roger Prynne
09-07-2017, 19:59
^ Ah yeah just noticed that.

Roger Prynne
09-07-2017, 20:01
I had expected it, but hoped for Suzuka. Sad that the track owners claim these absurd license costs. In my opinion, those fictional circuits have no place in a simulation ...

Of course they do as it adds to the diversity of the track list, and it's not far off from the original anyway.
Also this is a great track and one of my favorites.

Mattze
09-07-2017, 20:16
Of course they do as it adds to the diversity of the track list, and it's not far off from the original anyway.

I can understand their decision but I don't like it. They spend so much effort to laserscan and dronescan the tracks and then drop a fictional one. Why not a track on the Mars? (sorry for sarcasm)

Fanapryde
09-07-2017, 21:17
In my opinion, those fictional circuits have no place in a simulation ...
You have a point, but still I am very glad Bannochbrae made it to pCars 2....

dault3883
09-07-2017, 21:25
I can understand their decision but I don't like it. They spend so much effort to laserscan and dronescan the tracks and then drop a fictional one. Why not a track on the Mars? (sorry for sarcasm)

because there have been great fictional tracks on games over the years GT has Apricot hill raceway, Grand Valley and a few others. PCars has some and also im sure Forza has some. then there is the fact that since its not a real track they dont have to pay licensing fees so virtually free tracks for the game too. there is nothing wrong with fictional tracks provided they are done right

FS7
09-07-2017, 22:12
Although I prefer Suzuka over Sakitto and I like having lots of real locations I don't mind having some fictional locations for the sake of variety. Besides you have the option of not using tracks you don't like.

cxMilk
10-07-2017, 00:29
Sakitto seems to be confirmed (https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/882975397650079744)
[Insert expletives here]!! That's the one announcement I was desperately hoping wouldn't happen, though I knew it was going to be in based on the general rumor mill here and over at GT Planet. [Insert a few more unsavory words here too]!!!

...and also im sure Forza has some.
That's a laugh. Turn 10 doesn't have a clue how to make a quality fictional track. PD always managed to have some great ones though. You're right there.

I enjoy fictional tracks, when done well. For me, Sakitto is a flippant slap in the face. Maybe if the track didn't so closely resemble a track I actually enjoy, I wouldn't hate it so much. Ah well.

Then again, it's a track, and the more tracks the merrier I suppose. Plus, the two Sakitto West tracks are decent fun, so there's that.

dault3883
10-07-2017, 00:36
[Insert expletives here]!! That's the one announcement I was desperately hoping wouldn't happen, though I knew it was going to be in based on the general rumor mill here and over at GT Planet. [Insert a few more unsavory words here too]!!!

That's a laugh. Turn 10 doesn't have a clue how to make a quality fictional track. PD always managed to have some great ones though. You're right there.

I enjoy fictional tracks, when done well. For me, Sakitto is a flippant slap in the face. Maybe if the track didn't so closely resemble a track I actually enjoy, I wouldn't hate it so much. Ah well.

Then again, it's a track, and the more tracks the merrier I suppose. Plus, the two Sakitto West tracks are decent fun, so there's that.

i was only speculating about about forza as iv never played it

PD who makes gran turismo's fictional tracks Grand Valley and especially Apricot hill (iv always loved that Superb Flow) have always been great tracks

FIA
10-07-2017, 02:17
Is the other Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe Old Mulsanne Circuit going to be in this game the one without the two chicanes, hope it could be there some time
its a super fast track and good for testing them fast cars...

ryandtw
10-07-2017, 03:56

Oh well, we wanted the real Suzuka, but we're a still bit bitter about why the Suzuka track owners want to charge that high of a licensing fee to use the course on video games - such as pCARS or Forza - recently...

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 06:25

In the list on page 1 Sakitta is still grey: not confirmed for pCars2.

Yeah I didn't add Sakitto nor Suzuka yet to the topic post. AFAIK none of them were ever confirmed or rejected, I know Ian wanted Suzuka bad but the licence costs were absurd, so I wasn't sure if it would be Sakitto or else the Suzuka owners could still be persuaded to drop the price. Well I guess Sakitto is back and Suzuka is out then.

Not much a fan of too many fictional tracks myself but the percentage of those 60+ locations is still pointing strong enough towards real tracks so I'm fine with Sakitto, especially since Suzuka is out of the budget range.

Personally I'm not much of a fan of either circuits, I don't really understand all the Suzuka hype, granted a track on an Asian location is great since we don't have so many yet but I will take Sugo, Zhuhai and Fuji over Suzuka/Sakitto any day. :)

What I personally dislike a lot for Sakitto though is the high speed blind corner towards the pit entry on the full circuit, that feels highly unrealistic to me. Seems far too dangerous and unrealistic and is the main reason I really dislike Sakitto. Not sure if that is an effect from starting from Suzuka and leaving the chicane out, or maybe altering the track height/elevation there.

I hope SMS can change that pit entry area and make it much more clear where you need to drive at high speed. Or else add a chicane just before it, that would solve the issue as well.

I'll add Sakitto in black on the topic post. :)

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 06:36
By the way from all the PCARS1 circuits we have almost all of them back. The only ones missing (greyed out) are :

* Chesterfield and Summerton, 2 fictional karting tracks.
* Sonoma Raceway (real track)

Any info on any of these? I hope Sonoma returns, with the heavy focus on Indycar in PC2 (especially with the speedway vs road course setups) this track would be welcome as it's a very famous Indycar track.

And while not a fan of the karts in PCARS 1 at all, I kinda liked Chesterfield, after Greenwood (Spa) it was my second favorite karting track. Summerton was not that great IMO, but hey the more the marrier and it's fictional SMS property anyway. :)

KANETAKER
10-07-2017, 06:36

Sakkito is fine for me. It's an faster version of Suzuka without chicanes, good for fast racecars. If someone don't like this, can choose some of the slow and hard tracks availables in the game, as Mónaco (Azurre), Brno, Ruapuna.

Tank621
10-07-2017, 07:26
Any info on any of these? I hope Sonoma returns, with the heavy focus on Indycar in PC2 (especially with the speedway vs road course setups) this track would be welcome as it's a very famous Indycar track
They never actually had the correct Indycar layout on PCars 1 so maybe they are trying to fix that for PCars 2, that could be why we haven't seen anything of it yet

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 07:54
They never actually had the correct Indycar layout on PCars 1 so maybe they are trying to fix that for PCars 2, that could be why we haven't seen anything of it yet

Aah that could be the reason yes, there are so many combinations possible over there. :)

But they had the 2005 Indycar layout though :)

honespc
10-07-2017, 08:16
Will the Cataluña MotoGP layout make it this time for pc2?. I mean the one without the terrible chicane by the end used in F1. The one with the two high speed corners before the main straight.

RacingAtHome
10-07-2017, 10:23
Will the Cataluña MotoGP layout make it this time for pc2?. I mean the one without the terrible chicane by the end used in F1. The one with the two high speed corners before the main straight.
MotoGP uses the F1 layout now.

Would be great. Doesn't feel right using the other layout.

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 11:06

I would love to see the original 1994 Barcelona GP circuit as a classic track :

http://www.racingcircuits.info/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/Catalunya94.089b57394078021e72d8b872550f26fc.png

It is almost the same as the motorcycle GP circuit that has been used until 2016 except that it also has the Nissan corner/chicane in it.

honespc
10-07-2017, 12:42
I would love to see the original 1994 Barcelona GP circuit as a classic track :

http://www.racingcircuits.info/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/Catalunya94.089b57394078021e72d8b872550f26fc.png

It is almost the same as the motorcycle GP circuit that has been used until 2016 except that it also has the Nissan corner/chicane in it.The Caixa hairpin was also way more open than the current atrocious one. The Nissan chicane was good because it was quite open as well; didn't break the high speed flow the track featured once.

Cataluña with the two high speed corners before the main straight was the epic good layout, regardless the Nissan chicane and the more open Caixa hairpin. Is it not possible to confirm whether nor not It will be this time in pc2?. Isn't this layout currently used in any racing category or something?. Hell, classic Spa and others are making it. Why not the good Cataluña layout then?. Can not be a big deal

cluck
10-07-2017, 12:44
The Caixa hairpin is also way more open than the current atroucious one. The Nissan chicane was good because it was quite open as well.

Cataluña with the two high speed corners before the main straight was the epic good layout, regardless the Nissan chicane and the more open Caixa hairpin. Is it not possible to confirm whether nor not It will be this time in pc2?. Isn't this layout currently used in any racing category or something?. Hell, classic Spa and others are making it. Why not the good Cataluña layout then?. Can not be a big dealIt is if the license doesn't allow for it :). I don't know what was and wasn't licensed by the way but if that layout is used by a proper car motorsports series then it would seem likely that the devs would have tried to license it.

I'm sure we all have our own personal wishlists of what we'd like to see but there are appropriate threads for that ;).

The full list will be out later today apparently :)

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 13:08

uhm....

Ooh yeah!!!!!

Can't wait :)

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 13:17
The Caixa hairpin was also way more open than the current atrocious one. The Nissan chicane was good because it was quite open as well; didn't break the high speed flow the track featured once.

Cataluña with the two high speed corners before the main straight was the epic good layout, regardless the Nissan chicane and the more open Caixa hairpin. Is it not possible to confirm whether nor not It will be this time in pc2?. Isn't this layout currently used in any racing category or something?. Hell, classic Spa and others are making it. Why not the good Cataluña layout then?. Can not be a big deal

Assetto Corsa has the 2016 Motorcycle GP circuit (which is also the same as the 1995 GP circuit). It's the same as the picture above except the Nissan chicane is not in it.

From my spreadsheet (signature), this is all versions of Catalunya I have on my XBox :

Club Circuit (FM5, FM6, PC1)
Grand Prix Circuit (FM5, FM6, PC1, AC, F1 2016)
Grand Prix Circuit (1995) (AC)
National Circuit (FM5, FM6)
National Circuit (Nissan Esses) (PC1)

Always found it odd in PC1 they didn't have the real national circuit but instead the version with the Nissan chicane in it. Not sure if that was ever used that way, according to racingcircuits.info that was never a track combination (link (http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/spain/circuit-de-barcelona-catalunya/#.WWN97oiGOUk)). But from a gameplay perspective I kinda like it since it's the only layout I have on my XBox that runs through the Nissan chicane.

dault3883
10-07-2017, 13:55
uhm....

Ooh yeah!!!!!

Can't wait :)

now to quote Dave Despain i believe ITS ROBIN MILLER TIME! LOL JK now im super excited

honespc
10-07-2017, 14:01
Assetto Corsa has the 2016 Motorcycle GP circuit (which is also the same as the 1995 GP circuit). It's the same as the picture above except the Nissan chicane is not in it.Yeah seeing the layout in assetto is what triggered my request. However, Assetto Corsa s****, and project Cars does not.

Just imagine taking the two high speed final corners on project cars physics, and now more in pc2 sideways completely. A dream come true.

cluck
10-07-2017, 14:23
uhm....

Ooh yeah!!!!!

Can't wait :)I had to chuckle at your post on GTP, quoting my post from here. I chuckled because my post here was based on a post on the previous page of that thread over at GTP :D

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 14:33
I had to chuckle at your post on GTP, quoting my post from here. I chuckled because my post here was based on a post on the previous page of that thread over at GTP :D

Shouldn't that be 'Cluckle' or 'Cluckled' :highly_amused:

amazed
10-07-2017, 16:11
Shouldn't that be 'Cluckle' or 'Cluckled' :highly_amused:

Or if he gets too excited "squawked"?

;)

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:18
ok i think thats enough of making fun of the WMD member LOL even though i LOVE KFC LOL JK

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 16:24
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=pt

!!!

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 16:28
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=pt

DANG IT!!! Ninja'd!!

cluck
10-07-2017, 16:28
146 total track+layouts to drive on
180+ cars
Multiple types of weather
Multiple types of track surface

Good luck getting bored with that content :yes:

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 16:29
146 total track+layouts to drive on
180+ cars
Multiple types of weather
Multiple types of track surface

Good luck getting bored with that content :yes:

Thanks Cluck.... I was just abotu to start counting. Saved me the trouble.... :D

cluck
10-07-2017, 16:33
Thanks Cluck.... I was just abotu to start counting. Saved me the trouble.... :DI cheated. I counted them all a couple of weeks ago :D

You would have to start nearly 30000 races to race every car at every circuit. First one to complete a full lap, with every combo, gets a cookie. A real one, in the post, from me :yes:. I want video proof though ;).

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:36
what are the two different layouts for daytona? is one of them the oval circuit only and the other one the road course?

cool that they did the le mans karting track

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:37
I cheated. I counted them all a couple of weeks ago :D

You would have to start nearly 30000 races to race every car at every circuit. First one to complete a full lap, with every combo, gets a cookie. A real one, in the post, from me :yes:. I want video proof though ;).

seems like a lot of work for very little :highly_amused:

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 16:37
I cheated. I counted them all a couple of weeks ago :D

Am I right in counting 64 unique "Locations"? Just looking to confirm my count.

And I might just think about accepting that challenge... although it's a LOT of effort just for a COOKIE. I can get those on ANY website.... LOL

cluck
10-07-2017, 16:39
what are the two different layouts for daytona? is one of them the oval circuit only and the other one the road course?

cool that they did the le mans karting tracknot sure if we're allowed to say what each of the layouts are, sorry :(

A bunch of us from WMD had hoped that they did the smaller karting track - as we had all karted on it - but, yeah, the bigger one is a much better choice really :)

Tank621
Well, Sonoma is back, that is good news

cluck
seems like a lot of work for very little :highly_amused:

And I might just think about accepting that challenge... although it's a LOT of effort just for a COOKIE. I can get those on ANY website.... LOLIt will be a very nice cookie :yes:

honespc
10-07-2017, 16:41
Looks like most of the working hours in the making of the new circuits were spent on these rallycross tracks. We'll see whether that was worth the effort in sacrifice of more legendary tarmac locations.

Let's hope DLC tracks focus on this last.

GenBrien
10-07-2017, 16:42
I'm impressed :D
GJ SMS

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:44
not sure if we're allowed to say what each of the layouts are, sorry :(

A bunch of us from WMD had hoped that they did the smaller karting track - as we had all karted on it - but, yeah, the bigger one is a much better choice really :)

i understand the aggreements you are under its ok just figured it wouldnt hurt to ask

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 16:45
Ok first impressions:

Sometimes the rallycross track is together with the normal track counting as 1 (e.g. Lydden Hill is just 1 location), sometimes it's separated counting as 2 (Hockenheim circuit and RX being 2 locations). And classic tracks is separate as well as I already started expecting. Same for the Nurburgring taking up 3 location slots (where as in PCARS 1 it was just 1 I think). So IMO a couple of cheats to reach that 60 number. ;)
I think classic Le Mans without the chicanes won't be in, that second track is most likely the Bugatti Circuit. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed there is no big surprise anymore (apparently we already knew about almost all the tracks) and classic Le Mans didn't make it in (I guess it would be a huge work with all the buildings and decorations next to a 13 km track, I would want to have it done properly as well, not in the lame Forza style which is just the modern track without the chicanes) but nevertheless, it's a friggin' awesome list!!! Also really happy the historical locations have also been increased from 3 to 5 compared to PC1 (Spa and Monza joining Silverstone, Hockenheim & Rouen) and as for Rallycross content PC2 will have even more tracks than Dirt 4, seeing how PC2 isn't even a full offroad title like Dirt that is truly impressive!

I'll start updating the topic post tonight and throw it in a new format. But I'll keep geographic locations together so it will be a little lower than 60 locations. :)

Ooh yeah and Sonoma did make it in, so no track was lost from PCARS 1 (except I think 1 or 2 karting tracks which doesn't really matter).

Tank621
Looks like most of the working hours in the making of the new circuits were spent on these rallycross tracks. We'll see whether that was worth the effort in sacrifice of more legendary tarmac locations.

Because they obviously believe that if they are going to add rallycross circuits they would want to do it right. There's no point if they just stuck them on as something extra
And they've added plenty of tarmac tracks it's hardly like they were forgotten

dault3883
Well, Sonoma is back, that is good news

agreed its a fun track

you really should change that avatar LOL i thought english were supposed to be TOUGH LOL JK :p

RoccoTTS
10-07-2017, 16:46
Wow, this is by far the most impressive track list i've ever seen in a race game :cool:

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:48
i just noticed we got Fuji thats a fun track i remember racing on in Gran turismo 3

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 16:49
It will be a very nice cookie :yes:

With that special ingredient I hope ;)

VelvetTorpedo
10-07-2017, 16:50
I loved Sakitto, I'm glad its back

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 16:51
i just noticed we got Fuji thats a fun track i remember racing on in Gran turismo 3

So you haven't watched all the pCARS2 videos of Fuji, surely you must have?

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 16:52

If you have any doubts rallycross will be fun in PC2 then watch this video. :) Sidenote: this is even from the old April 2017 media event build, the game has had a lot of updates since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tMdktf8vYQ

cluck
10-07-2017, 16:54
With that special ingredient I hope ;)Caramelised oranges, lemons, extra sardines, lime and whiskey :yes:

;)

Tank621
10-07-2017, 16:55
agreed its a fun track

you really should change that avatar LOL i thought english were supposed to be TOUGH LOL JK :p

Sonoma being back is great, we have a good range of tracks for Indycar, IMSA (Modern and Classic) and NASCAR. I am so hyped for recreating some great American racing. First thing I'll probaly do is a full length Indy 500

Oh and I am not changing that avatar, I asked for a Unicorn and I'm gonna keep it Haha
TBH I never really fit that tough guy, hooligan, British stereotype anyways so it kinda seems appropriate LOL

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:55
So you haven't watched all the pCARS2 videos of Fuji, surely you must have?

like i said i just noticed

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 16:59
If you have any doubts rallycross will be fun in PC2 then watch this video. :) Sidenote: this is even from the old April 2017 media event build, the game has had a lot of updates since.

That's not a very good representation any more to be honest.

10-07-2017, 17:00
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=en
Not too much surprise, no TBA either

Tank621
10-07-2017, 17:02
Not too much surprise, no TBA either

Largest tracklist on console, what more do you want?

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 17:02
like i said i just noticed

Here's an old one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mybMR6-N8Ws

Actually here's a bunch of them

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=project+cars+2+fuji&oq=project+cars+2+fuji&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3.9782j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=project+cars+2+fuji&tbm=vid

Also check out the vids link in my sig, as I noticed that you have never posted in there. :confused:

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 17:04
That's not a very good representation any more to be honest.

It's the best I have! But you are always welcome to provide a better one. ;)

dault3883
10-07-2017, 17:07
Largest tracklist on console, what more do you want?

to be honest some more american tracks like sebring, road atlanta, mid ohio, Lime rock park, VIR o yea and canadian tracks like canadian tire motorsports park

im thank full for what we got dont get me wrong but lol people are also never satisfied always want more LOL not even i am exempt from that

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 17:13
It's the best I have! But you are always welcome to provide a better one. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_E0GOJfJps

cxMilk
10-07-2017, 17:22
With Sonoma, Chesterfield, and Summerton, it looks like every track from pCars is being carried over. All original tracks plus new tracks! That's a pretty sweet deal right there.

Those new historics though... /drool

cluck
10-07-2017, 17:28
Here's the complete list of new tracks (excluding their various layouts) :-

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
Hockenheimring Rallycross
Knockhill Racing Circuit
Knockhill Rallycross
Lånkebanen Rallycross
Le Mans Karting International
Rallycross of Loheac
Lydden Hill
Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic
Red Bull Ring
Sampala Ice Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic
Wildcrest Rallycross
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Rallycross
DirtFish
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Long Beach Street Circuit
Texas Motor Speedway
Fuji
Sportsland Sugo

Not sure anybody can have cause to complain at that list, on top of the existing list. It's a hell of a lot of content to play through. Remember, also, that 4 new tracks are coming in DLC :). We can always want more but time and money are not in limitless supply, sadly :o.

Remember, also, that at least one of the returning circuits is laserscanned for pCARS2 :)

FS7
10-07-2017, 17:28
There's no TBA in the tracks page but I remember Ian Bell mentioning that SMS is working on getting Interlagos into the game, possibly as DLC, so there may be more tracks added in the future.

cluck
10-07-2017, 17:30
There's no TBA in the tracks page but I remember Ian Bell mentioning that SMS is working on getting Interlagos into the game, possibly as DLC, so there may be more tracks added in the future.The DLC has already been stated as including a track + cars in each pack so, there should be at least 4 new circuits coming :)

Although Interlagos was mentioned, it was barely 2 months ago, on GT Planet. There's no way that was ever going to make it into the launch package.

dault3883
10-07-2017, 17:34
Thanks again cluck

GenBrien
10-07-2017, 17:36
I hope in the tracks DLCs that we'll get Road Atlanto or Sebreing (or both)

cluck
10-07-2017, 17:42
I hope in the tracks DLCs that we'll get Road Atlanto or Sebreing (or both)Circuit wishlist is this way -----------> Link (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22153-What-tracks-do-you-want-to-see-in-game)

:p

snipeme77
10-07-2017, 17:42
My only disappointment. All the ovals are superspeedways

Eric Rowland
10-07-2017, 17:50

cluck
10-07-2017, 17:51
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=enOh wow, is the circuit list out?

:D :p

(was that too sarcastic, even for me, do you think?)

EDIT : I mean this reply with nothing but good humour and I hope it is taken in the manner with which it was posted, ie, with a smile :)

Grijo
10-07-2017, 17:52
WOW! I´m looking forward to race in "vintage" Monza and Spa!! I was thinking: How much gaming time a new G29 wheel can play without a problem? I think I´ll buy a spare, just in case :p

Not sure anybody can have cause to complain at that list, on top of the existing list. It's a hell of a lot of content to play through. Remember, also, that 4 new tracks are coming in DLC :). We can always want more but time and money are not in limitless supply, sadly :o.

You´re underestimating people´s capacity to complain my feathered friend.

wicken
10-07-2017, 17:53
After many research, this is the list of new circuits with their respective layouts.

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve:

Grand Prix Circuit

Knockhill Racing Circuit:

International Circuit,
International Reverse Circuit,
National Circuit,
National Reverse Circuit,
Tri-Oval Circuit

Knockhill Rallycross

Lånkebanen Rallycross

Rallycross of Loheac

Lydden Hill:

Grand Prix Circuit,
RallyCross Circuit

Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track:

East Circuit,
Full Circuit,
North Circuit,
North East Circuit,
South Circuit,
West Circuit

Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic:

GP+Oval Combined Circuit,
Grand Prix Circuit,
Oval Circuit

Red Bull Ring:

Club Circuit,
Grand Prix Circuit,
National Circuit

Sampala Ice Circuit

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic:

Grand Prix Circuit

Wildcrest Rallycross

Circuit of the Americas:

Club Circuit,
Grand Prix Circuit,
National Circuit

Daytona International Speedway:

Road Course Circuit,
Tri-Oval Circuit

Daytona Rallycross

DirtFish:

Boneyard Course Circuit,
Mill Run Course Circuit,
Pro RallyCross Course Circuit

Indianapolis Motor Speedway:

Road Course Circuit,
Speedway Oval Circuit

Long Beach Street Circuit:

Grand Prix Circuit

Texas Motor Speedway:

Infield Course Circuit,
Road Course Circuit,
Oval Circuit

Fuji:

Grand Prix Circuit

Sportsland Sugo:

Grand Prix Circuit

dault3883
10-07-2017, 17:53

you got ninjad by Breyzipp by like an hour thnaks though LOL

KANETAKER
10-07-2017, 17:59
There's no TBA in the tracks page but I remember Ian Bell mentioning that SMS is working on getting Interlagos into the game, possibly as DLC, so there may be more tracks added in the future.

Then, only three tracks are remaining? Or Interlagos doesn't count as one of the 4 new tracks?

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 17:59
After many research, this is the list of new circuits with their respective layouts.

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve: Grand Prix Circuit
Knockhill Racing Circuit: International Circuit, International Reverse Circuit, National Circuit, National Reverse Circuit, Tri-Oval Circuit
Knockhill Rallycross
Lånkebanen Rallycross
Rallycross of Loheac
Lydden Hill: Grand Prix Circuit, RallyCross Circuit
Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track: East Circuit, Full Circuit, North Circuit, North East Circuit, South Circuit, West Circuit
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic: GP+Oval Combined Circuit, Grand Prix Circuit, Oval Circuit
Red Bull Ring: Club Circuit, Grand Prix Circuit, National Circuit
Sampala Ice Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic: Grand Prix Circuit
Wildcrest Rallycross
Circuit of the Americas: Club Circuit, Grand Prix Circuit, National Circuit
Daytona International Speedway: Road Course Circuit, Tri-Oval Circuit
Daytona Rallycross
DirtFish: Boneyard Course Circuit, Mill Run Course Circuit, Pro RallyCross Course Circuit
Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course Circuit, Speedway Oval Circuit
Long Beach Street Circuit: Grand Prix Circuit
Texas Motor Speedway: Infield Course Circuit, Road Course Circuit, Oval Circuit
Fuji: Grand Prix Circuit
Sportsland Sugo: Grand Prix Circuit

Could have saved yourself some time.... Cluck already posted it both here (2 pages back) and on GTPlanet. ;)

But in seriousness, thank you for the effort. :yes:

cluck
10-07-2017, 18:00
Could have saved yourself some time.... Cluck already posted it both here (2 pages back) and on GTPlanet. ;)

But in seriousness, thank you for the effort. :yes:To be fair, wicken's post includes all the assumed layouts, my list was only the locations themselves :)

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 18:01
Then, only three tracks are remaining? Or Interlagos doesn't count as one of the 4 new tracks?

We have no idea how many more tracks we will actually get. All we know is that Interlagos is being looked at and worked on, and that we have at least 4 DLCs with at least 1 track and 8 cars per DLC coming in the future.

Nothing that says ONLY 1 track per DLC and ONLY 4 DLCs ;)

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 18:02
I think some people should click on new posts, as it would save a lot of duplicate posts as well as some embarrassing ones ;)

dault3883
10-07-2017, 18:02
To be fair, wicken's post includes all the assumed layouts, my list was only the locations themselves :)

which you were not at liberty to say

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 18:03
To be fair, wicken's post includes all the assumed layouts, my list was only the locations themselves :)

He edited that extra info in AFTER I posted......

But colour me SERIOUSLY impressed now.

cluck
10-07-2017, 18:03
which you were not at liberty to sayhence "assumed layouts", yes :)

Trippul G
10-07-2017, 18:10
Turn 10 doesn't have a clue how to make a quality fictional track.

While I generally agree, one example I would present to argue the contrary is Fujimi Kaido. Loved that track in Forza 4 and prior...it's a shame it hasn't been included since.

wicken
10-07-2017, 18:10
hence "assumed layouts", yes :)
But they're not wrong I suppose :rolleyes:

dault3883
10-07-2017, 18:15
But they're not wrong I suppose :rolleyes:

again he cant say so no use in continuing to try and prod him for answers he is under a confidentiality agreement he could tell yea but then he would have to off you LOL JK ;)

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 18:22
because there have been great fictional tracks on games over the years GT has Apricot hill raceway, Grand Valley and a few others. PCars has some and also im sure Forza has some. then there is the fact that since its not a real track they dont have to pay licensing fees so virtually free tracks for the game too. there is nothing wrong with fictional tracks provided they are done right

The master of fictional tracks IMO is hands down Polyphony, nobody comes even remotely close. They understand track flow so incredably well and at the same time can make some great scenery as well. Forza fictional (for FM5/6/7) is a joke. Kunos isn't too good in it either (Black Cat Country... boring) and SMS.... well Sakitto is decent but it's obvious where the inspiration came from, those things changed from Suzuka are not too great enter (blind high speed pit entry... :confused: ). In Bannochbrae I absolutely love the environment but the track itself isn't very fun IMO, way too wobbly even for what supposed to be a public road track. Mojave more or less has the same issues but I kinda like this idea of a huge circle-shaped playground with it's configurations, I just think it could have been worked out a bit better. Maybe their best fictional ones are some of the kart tracks.

This is probably the only huge compliment I will give to Polyphony for the next 3 years as GT:Sport is IMO the weakest of the 3 big racing titles coming out this fall. So enjoy it. :)

dault3883
10-07-2017, 18:25
The master of fictional tracks IMO is hands down Polyphony, nobody comes even remotely close. They understand track flow so incredably well and at the same time can make some great scenery as well. Forza fictional (for FM5/6/7) is a joke. Kunos isn't too good in it either (Black Cat Country... boring) and SMS.... well Sakitto is decent but it's obvious where the inspiration came from, those things changed from Suzuka are not too great enter (blind high speed pit entry... :confused: ). In Bannochbrae I absolutely love the environment but the track itself isn't very fun IMO, way too wobbly even for what supposed to be a public road track. Mojave more or less has the same issues but I kinda like this huge circle-shaped playground with it's configurations. Maybe their best fictional ones are some of the kart tracks.

This is probably the only huge compliment I will give to Polyphony for the next 3 years as GT:Sport is IMO the weakest of the 3 big racing titles coming out this fall. So enjoy it. :)

what games does kunos make?

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 18:27

Assetto Corsa. Fictionals are Black Cat County and Highlands track. Highlands actually reminds me a lot of Bannochbrae except it looks much more dull and empty (with WAY overdone huge NVIDIA advertising panels to ruin the atmosphere...). But the flow is better than Bannochbrae.

F1_Racer68
10-07-2017, 18:29
You probably never heard of it. It's just a little unknown title...... "Assetto Corsa"..... :p

DANG IT BREYZIPP!!!! That's TWICE! I will get you back..... LOL

Trippul G
10-07-2017, 18:30
Sorry if I've missed this being discussed earlier (60+ pages is not easy to keep up with!), but do we know for certain what the "2 Layouts" are for Le Mans? Hoping it's for the current and classic (old Mulsanne) layouts, but the Bugatti circuit would be cool too.

Mattze
10-07-2017, 18:30
Well done, SMS, well done. I was a bit disappointed after they revealed the car list but they get me back now. This roster is incredible. Some minor things which I noticed:

- It seems that they have reworked Glencairn. Good choice, the former bumpy layout was undriveable for karting.
- The second layout of Le Mans is the Buggatti Cirucit, I guess? Btw, more real karting cirucits are fantastic.
- Are Sampala and Wildcrest fictional courses? As stated in the first post, Wildcrest is located in South Africa not Europe?
- The start line of Donington seems to have been fixed, I hope.

I'm very excited about the 4 DLC tracks. Interlagos was hinted and there might be a few smaller ovals. I remember Dover in the development for PC1.

dault3883
10-07-2017, 18:33
You probably never heard of it. It's just a little unknown title...... "Assetto Corsa"..... :p

DANG IT BREYZIPP!!!! That's TWICE! I will get you back..... LOL

he is paying me and you back for ninjaing him earlier LOL

wicken
10-07-2017, 19:09
Sorry if I've missed this being discussed earlier (60+ pages is not easy to keep up with!), but do we know for certain what the "2 Layouts" are for Le Mans? Hoping it's for the current and classic (old Mulsanne) layouts, but the Bugatti circuit would be cool too.
Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans and Bugatti Circuit.

ripley
10-07-2017, 19:51
great list although not much surprise
do we know which tracks have laser/drone scan? or which doesn't ?
thanks

Itsdoomsday48
10-07-2017, 20:05
thanks

there's a sticky forum that has a updated list of all the tracks confirmed, I just can't post the link to it since I'm new to the forum, just Google project cars 2 track list and it should come up

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 20:09
Well done, SMS, well done. I was a bit disappointed after they revealed the car list but they get me back now. This roster is incredible. Some minor things which I noticed:

- It seems that they have reworked Glencairn. Good choice, the former bumpy layout was undriveable for karting.
- The second layout of Le Mans is the Buggatti Cirucit, I guess? Btw, more real karting cirucits are fantastic.
- Are Sampala and Wildcrest fictional courses? As stated in the first post, Wildcrest is located in South Africa not Europe?
- The start line of Donington seems to have been fixed, I hope.

I'm very excited about the 4 DLC tracks. Interlagos was hinted and there might be a few smaller ovals. I remember Dover in the development for PC1.

Hmmm is there any info on Glencairn being reworked? Or do you judge that from the track picture? That would be great though as I fully agree it was way too bumpy in PCARS1 and an absolutely horrible way to introduce new players into "zero to hero" career mode. :p
Sampala and Wildcrest are fictional yes. Wildcrest used to be in Italy in older builds of the game but it's now supposed to be in South Africa (somewhere down these almost 70 pages of replies :P). I think SMS didn't just want to add 1 new continent to the track overview for just 1 fictional track. I'm working on a major update of the topic post though.
A bit said (judging from the map icon) that Spa GP circuit will again have the GT starting line but with the F1 pits. :( I wish we would have gotten the endurance pits or even the combined pits instead (which would be really long and unique, especially with manual pitstops :P).

he is paying me and you back for ninjaing him earlier LOL

You bet! :D

thanks
All new-to-PC2 tracks are laser scanned. PC1 only had 4 laser scanned tracks (see topic post or second reply as I will delete topic soon). A few existing tracks have been updated to being laser scanned like the Nurburgring and Le Mans (confirmed already). Not sure if other PC1 tracks have been laser scanned.

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 21:31
I updated the topic post.

Fanapryde
10-07-2017, 21:31
A list of all pCars2 tracks has just been posted on RD.
Is that official and final ?

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-2-track-list-revealed.138151/

wicken
10-07-2017, 21:43

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-2-track-list-revealed.138151/

It's the same list that the official website has so yes, it's official.

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 21:54

Duh... get with the program man :hopelessness:

Schadows
10-07-2017, 22:27
Sometimes the rallycross track is together with the normal track counting as 1 (e.g. Lydden Hill is just 1 location), sometimes it's separated counting as 2 (Hockenheim circuit and RX being 2 locations). And classic tracks is separate as well as I already started expecting. Same for the Nurburgring taking up 3 location slots (where as in PCARS 1 it was just 1 I think). So IMO a couple of cheats to reach that 60 number. ;)
[...]
Also really happy the historical locations have also been increased from 3 to 5 compared to PC1 (Spa and Monza joining Silverstone, Hockenheim & Rouen) and as for Rallycross content PC2 will have even more tracks than Dirt 4, seeing how PC2 isn't even a full offroad title like Dirt that is truly impressive!
I'm also surprise about the lack of consistency in the listing (not talking about which track where selected, only the way they are listed.
Some historic and rallycross track are counted as different "track" (but not all) despite using part of the layout of the "standard" track, whereas, Willow Spring and Horse Thief Mile, or Silverstone and Stowe are listed under the same track despite not sharing an inch a tarmac.

Seeing as they have increased the number of karting track, I hope the handling of these have also dramatically improved (otherwise it would be a waste). I hate to say that, but it wasn't very enjoyable in pcars1.

The master of fictional tracks IMO is hands down Polyphony, nobody comes even remotely close. They understand track flow so incredably well and at the same time can make some great scenery as well. Forza fictional (for FM5/6/7) is a joke. Kunos isn't too good in it either (Black Cat Country... boring) and SMS.... well Sakitto is decent but it's obvious where the inspiration came from, those things changed from Suzuka are not too great enter (blind high speed pit entry... :confused: ). In Bannochbrae I absolutely love the environment but the track itself isn't very fun IMO, way too wobbly even for what supposed to be a public road trackI must say, early GT titles' fictional tracks are really great. Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley ... even some of the urban "tracks" like Stage Route 5 were really polished at every corner.

At the time the 1st GT game was released, it was still an era where you had either deeply thought track in very few number (Sega Rally 1 where every corner were designed to the centimeter), or track with lots of track all looking the same, but GT change all that.

dault3883
10-07-2017, 22:31
I must say, early GT titles' fictional tracks are really great. Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley ... even some of the urban "tracks" like Stage Route 5 were really polished at every corner.

At the time the 1st GT game was released, it was still an era where you had either deeply thought track in very few number (Sega Rally 1 where every corner were designed to the centimeter), or track with lots of track all looking the same, but GT change all that.

i never cared for the stage route tracks they had

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 22:38
A little bit off-topic but to continue on GT fictional tracks, I only played GT5 and GT6. Below is the GT6 fictional track list and the ones in bold I absolutely loved.

Autumn Ring
Cape Ring
Deep Forest Raceway
Eiger Nordwand
Grand Valley Speedway
High Speed Ring
Kart Space
Special Stage Route X
Trial Mountain Circuit
Midfield Raceway
Circuito de la Sierra
Matterhorn
Apricot Hill Raceway

And then Apricot, Cape & High Speed ring were not that bad either. I think that's quite impressive for someone who doesn't like fictional tracks huh? :)

Back to Bannochbrae, again that setting is gorgeous I wish it would drive a little bit easier in PC1. Let's hope with the proper car and improved handling/controller in PC2 it will be enjoyable as well. Because I really do want to like it (by keeping my car under control :p). The same goes for both California highway and Cote d'Azur highway basically, never enjoyed them much mainly due to poor handling. Let's hope PC2 can change that.

Schadows
10-07-2017, 22:42
On the matter of ficyional tracks, those from R33E are that bad either.

@Breyzipp > Damn, Midfield Raceway, what a great track too.

dault3883
10-07-2017, 22:46
A little bit off-topic but to continue on GT fictional tracks, I only played GT5 and GT6. Below is the GT6 fictional track list and the ones in bold I absolutely loved.

And then Apricot, Cape & High Speed ring were not that bad either. I think that's quite impressive for someone who doesn't like fictional tracks huh? :)

Back to Bannochbrae, again that setting is gorgeous I wish it would drive a little bit easier in PC1. Let's hope with the proper car and improved handling/controller in PC2 it will be enjoyable as well. Because I really do want to like it (by keeping my car under control :p). The same goes for both California highway and Cote d'Azur highway basically, never enjoyed them much mainly due to poor handling. Let's hope PC2 can change that.

as iv said many times before i love apricot hill especially in a mazda miata race car

cxMilk
10-07-2017, 23:10
I just wish SMS had created three strings - east/west strings to go along with the full circuit. Love the loop through the village - that chicane is killer! The loop around the loch though I'm not particularly crazy about. Though I have a feeling I probably would have appreciated it more as a smaller "national" loop.

FS7
11-07-2017, 00:02

Official? Yes, same as the one of the official website.
Final? Not sure, there's still 2 months until game release.

Azure Flare
11-07-2017, 00:28
I just wish SMS had created three strings - east/west strings to go along with the full circuit.

But don't make them complex, we don't want any trouble.

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 00:38
thanks

Try reading the OP in this thread...... breyzipp has put a lot of work into updating and maintaining it as details were revealed.

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 00:39
there's a sticky forum that has a updated list of all the tracks confirmed, I just can't post the link to it since I'm new to the forum, just Google project cars 2 track list and it should come up

No need to Google..... you are IN IT. Just go to OP.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 01:16
No need to Google..... you are IN IT. Just go to OP.

Hahaha yeah he tricked me as well. I actually googled it out of curiosity where I would end up, clicked the first link, only to return to the topic post here. :) Epic moment :D

dault3883
11-07-2017, 01:17
Hahaha yeah he tricked me as well. I actually googled it out of curiosity where I would end up, clicked the first link, only to return to the topic post here. :) Epic moment :D

as bill engvall would say HERES YOUR SIGN LOL

Fanapryde
11-07-2017, 07:01
It's the same list that the official website has so yes, it's official.
Thanks. So official but not FINAL, right ?

Duh... get with the program man :hopelessness:
Still racing, working my way through some topics is getting way to tome consuming these days...

Official? Yes, same as the one of the official website.
Final? Not sure, there's still 2 months until game release.
Which is why i asked the question, thanks.

wicken
11-07-2017, 07:44
Thanks. So official but not FINAL, right ?

I strongly believe that it's the circuits that will ship with the launch version. Anything else now, will be DLC.

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 08:45
I really like Bannochbrae as it's a challenge and when you get it right it's very satisfying.

Fanapryde
11-07-2017, 08:54
I really like Bannochbrae as it's a challenge and when you get it right it's very satisfying.
Absolutely.
The faster the car, the higher the challenge. To me, it feels exactly how a public road would feel in a race car.
:loyal:""""PROTECT BANNOCHBRAE"""" :eagerness:

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 09:58
Well I'm not the best driver, might be the twitchy controller augmenting the effect of the twitchy road I don't know. Tried it once in the Lykan Hypersport and well... that went hyperwrong quite fast. :) But even in slow cars where I already struggle with the handling on other tracks (like the classic Ford Escort RS1600, for some reason that car just has aweful handling with my controller) it's a disaster.

PC1 for me is very inconsistent in handling with the controller on XBox. Some cars feel absolutely great like the BAC Mono and the Toyota GT86 but some cars really feel completely wrong like that Escort RS1600, the Caper Monterey (that thing insists on the back end braking out when I take normal corners really slow and with 0% throttle applied...) but also more modern cars. But not all of them, I had some great moments as well with the open top Pagani (Cinque Roadster I think?) on Dubai.

I followed a general XBox controller setup video from Moneyman300 on YouTube which helped a lot. Then I tweaked a bunch of cars individually with that Poland database info but I forgot which cars I did and which not. :p So some cars might still be stock, some might have been done.

Anyway, just finishing off my career in PC1 over the next 2 months so it'll be done by the time PC2 is out. Then it's a fresh start and I hope the default stock tunes are already a lot better and all cars can be driven without needing to tune. I know there is a guy at SMS going through all cars individually to give them good base settings so that's something I have high hopes for. Can't wait for september 22!

Fanapryde
11-07-2017, 10:42
PC1 for me is very inconsistent in handling with the controller on XBox.
I did not realise you were using a controller. That would probably be the issue for some car/track combo's.
If you want to try on PC/Wheel, feel welcome to come over and check it out... :yes:

dault3883
11-07-2017, 11:16
Well I'm not the best driver, might be the twitchy controller augmenting the effect of the twitchy road I don't know. Tried it once in the Lykan Hypersport and well... that went hyperwrong quite fast. :) But even in slow cars where I already struggle with the handling on other tracks (like the classic Ford Escort RS1600, for some reason that car just has aweful handling with my controller) it's a disaster.

PC1 for me is very inconsistent in handling with the controller on XBox. Some cars feel absolutely great like the BAC Mono and the Toyota GT86 but some cars really feel completely wrong like that Escort RS1600, the Caper Monterey (that thing insists on the back end braking out when I take normal corners really slow and with 0% throttle applied...) but also more modern cars. But not all of them, I had some great moments as well with the open top Pagani (Cinque Roadster I think?) on Dubai.

I followed a general XBox controller setup video from Moneyman300 on YouTube which helped a lot. Then I tweaked a bunch of cars individually with that Poland database info but I forgot which cars I did and which not. :p So some cars might still be stock, some might have been done.

Anyway, just finishing off my career in PC1 over the next 2 months so it'll be done by the time PC2 is out. Then it's a fresh start and I hope the default stock tunes are already a lot better and all cars can be driven without needing to tune. I know there is a guy at SMS going through all cars individually to give them good base settings so that's something I have high hopes for. Can't wait for september 22!

OK after all the work Breyzipp has done for us on this forum some one get this man a wheel and pedal unit

RacingAtHome
11-07-2017, 11:29
OK after all the work Breyzipp has done for us on this forum some one get this man a wheel and pedal unit

Wasn't our sympathetic nodding enough?

Damn. Can't find the clip of Lenny...

dault3883
11-07-2017, 11:30
Wasn't our sympathetic nodding enough?

Damn. Can't find the clip of Lenny...

honestly no if i had the money id buy him a logitech G920 but unfortunately i dont sorry Brey

dault3883
11-07-2017, 11:37
if 20 of us all pitched in $16.5 we could get him this

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Driving-Racing-Feedback-Steering/dp/B016LI8SCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499772815&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech%2BDriving%2BForce%2BG920%2BRacing%2BWheel&th=1

honespc
11-07-2017, 11:37

I followed a general XBox controller setup video from Moneyman300 on YouTube which helped a lot. Then I tweaked a bunch of cars individually with that Poland database info but I forgot which cars I did and which not. :p So some cars might still be stock, some might have been done.Don't you have a Thrustmaster TX?. All cars in pc1 handle perfectly fine with a wheel. You can also drift all around with road cars even when we see pc2 drifting as if it were something new.

PC1 with a controller is a disaster. You can't properly play the game in the long term with it. You do need a wheel.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 12:29
Hahaha, you guys are adorable. :P But.... just for the record, I have this in my second bedroom (AKA sim room). :p The specs are in my signature.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=234267&d=1465453409

But I also have a knee injury which prevents me from using my cockpit much, it hurts in my knee when I have to put "balanced pressure" on a gas pedal or also "harder pressure" on a brake pedal. I think 30-60 min small gaming/racing sessions should be possible (and I will give that carefully a try with PC2 and see how it goes with the knee) but I will just keep resting my knee for now to let it recover slowly. That injury even comes from playing GT6 back on the PS3 with a WheelStand Pro & Logitech G25 way too much, I just quit my job and waited before looking for another one, I literally sat at home for over a month (January 2015) just playing GT6 day in and day out with that Wheelstand Pro in my living room. I played either barefoot or with socks to the point my knees were warm and not feeling well (of course realizing this a bit too late). I never went to a doctor with it but the thing with knees (and ears/hearing) is.... if some stuff in there gets damaged, it might get permanently damaged. I'm 41 years of age as well so at a younger age this might not have been so problematic and recover better. When FM6 came out (september 2016) I eventually started playing it often on the rig as well (even the endurance races) and eventually this went well but the pain, warmth and discomfort in the knees came back after a while. That's when I was forced to start using a controller and started learning to race with a controller. I'm still not really good with it but at least it isn't the initial horror anymore of those first days. :P

Even in my car (which i use daily for 60 km to go to work) I use cruise control as much as I can to allow my knee to rest (it's a 6-gear manual Ford Focus Mk3 Titanium, see avatar :p).

I haven't touched my rig now for over a year I think as my XBox (and PS4 Pro) are now connected to my main TV in my living room (I used to move the XBox around from one room to the other :p). Once the X1X is out that one will be connected to my main TV and the old XBox One can permanently stay with the sim rig then.

So, for the moment my racing games are all done with a controller on my main 65" 4K HDR TV in my living room with a sofa. And it works acceptable with a controller (XBox One Elite controller), just now I did some leftover races in PC1 career with the Formula Rookie and Formula C and it was not that bad TBH. Sure I might be a bit slower than with a wheel but that's just a matter of adjusting the AI difficulty accordingly and you can still have a great time. I firmly believe PC2 with all the controller improvements should be playable with a controller. Didn't The_American mention on the GTPlanet Q&A thread that he was even slightly faster with a controller than with a wheel now?

Apart from being a racing fan (both sim and watching real life races) I also am an avid salsa/bachata/kizomba dancer and thank God that knee injury has absolutely no effect there. Those 2 weeks I was on holidays in Rovinj Croatia recently was even for that - 2 weeks of almost non-stop dancing. :P It's really a weird injury, running, gym, dancing all no problem. But as soon as I need to put "balanced pressure" on a gas pedal I feel some discomfort in my knee (actually both knees but the right one has it worse).

Edit - my 65" 4K HDR TV in my living room where I now play with a controller lying in the sofa :

And yes that pic is from a month ago when I was watching Le Mans on it. But it's also used for the PS4 Pro and XBox One.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 12:34
Hope your knee gets better Breyzipp. How much longer do you think it will take to recover? Or is it a permanent injury?

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 12:46
Hope your knee gets better Breyzipp. How much longer do you think it will take to recover? Or is it a permanent injury?

Well since it first happened from racing too much with GT6 in January 2015, then again with FM6 in October 2016 and since then I didn't use the rig anymore I think it's mostly permanent damage. But I also still need to use my car for work so it cannot recover as well. Those 2 weeks I was in Croatia I didn't feel the knee at all but I also didn't drive with a car there.

Even now from everyday car use it's not really hurting, just feeling uncomfortable sometimes. Hopefully a little bit of sim time can be combined with it. Will give that a try after I have the X1X and see how it goes. I think racing with shoes (heavy shoes) might be better as well instead of barefoot/socks since the weight of the shoe helps with putting balanced pressure on the gas pedal. All stuff to try out this winter.
For now... just focusing on the controller. :)

VelvetTorpedo
11-07-2017, 12:52
Thats the problem, you used up your knees on lesser racing games :p. Sorry to hear, your rig is gorgeous. Good thing the controller setup seems vastly improved in PC2 so you can enjoy all these new fun tracks.

honespc
11-07-2017, 13:14
Didn't The_American mention on the GTPlanet Q&A thread that he was even slightly faster with a controller than with a wheel now?You know that's just mere marketing/promotional speech for the masses. PC2 might handle better with a pad this time around, but no way it can be any better than with a wheel. It is still supposed to be project cars, and project cars feels heavenly only with a wheel.

Nice setup you got there man in the first pic.

But on the second pic, the 4k TV I guess in your hall. You don't have the console/s placed down there in that narrow shelf, bellow the TV, right?

Itsdoomsday48
11-07-2017, 13:15
Well since it first happened from racing too much with GT6 in January 2015, then again with FM6 in October 2016 and since then I didn't use the rig anymore I think it's mostly permanent damage. But I also still need to use my car for work so it cannot recover as well. Those 2 weeks I was in Croatia I didn't feel the knee at all but I also didn't drive with a car there.

Even now from everyday car use it's not really hurting, just feeling uncomfortable sometimes. Hopefully a little bit of sim time can be combined with it. Will give that a try after I have the X1X and see how it goes. I think racing with shoes (heavy shoes) might be better as well instead of barefoot/socks since the weight of the shoe helps with putting balanced pressure on the gas pedal. All stuff to try out this winter.
For now... just focusing on the controller. :)

Due to my height I've had knee problems as well, that's why anytime I use my cockpit I always have shoes on. Just makes it so much easier to play and Thrustmaster has done such a good job with their pedals I never worry about breaking them under heavy braking .

dault3883
11-07-2017, 13:48
i race with shoes too my corvette Piloti Racing Shoes LOL

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 13:51
@breyzipp - Try to figure out a way to hang the pedals like they are in a real car. (inverted)

I too have knee problems. I have had 4 surgeries over the past 20+ years on my right knee. Since hanging the pedals after getting my G27 many years ago, I have been able to comfortably run multi-hour endurance races without any issues. Having the pedals hanging rather than floor mounted, means that your right foot/shin are not as extended for the longer periods of time. Rather than stretching the muscles on the front of the lower leg while on full throttle, the leg is in a much more natural position. Instead, you contract the muscles when you come off the throttle, just like in your normal street car (nice Focus BTW. I have a Kona Blue one just like it ;) ).

It has made a WORLD of difference for me, having the pedals inverted. It's also one of the reasons I went with the Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals when I upgraded recently, as I knew for sure I would be able to invert mount them.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 13:55
ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted AU$839.90

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-inverted-aus.html

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 13:59
ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted AU$839.90

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-inverted-aus.html

Doesn't solve the issue since the gas pedal isn't inverted ;)

You are still having to extend your right foot/leg to go to full throttle. THat's what causes the issue (at least for me). It puts a lot of stress on the muscles in the lower leg, which then pulls on the knee.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 14:02
Doesn't solve the issue since the gas pedal isn't inverted ;)

You are still having to extend your right foot/leg to go to full throttle. That's what causes the issue (at least for me). It puts a lot of stress on the muscles in the lower leg, which then pulls on the knee.

Then Fanatec is doing false advertising as its claiming the pedals are inverted

VelvetTorpedo
11-07-2017, 14:04
Those pedals are way firmer than the t3pa pedals he has. They are gorgeous and well built but maybe some $150 t3pa pro pedals would be better, especially playing on console it'll work with the thrustmaster wheel out of the box.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 14:11
Those pedals are way firmer than the t3pa pedals he has. They are gorgeous and well built but maybe some $150 t3pa pro pedals would be better, especially playing on console it'll work with the thrustmaster wheel out of the box.

agreed those are better

i googled Inverted sim pedals and Fanatec was all that came up for my search so yea

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 14:14
@breyzipp - Try to figure out a way to hang the pedals like they are in a real car. (inverted)

I too have knee problems. I have had 4 surgeries over the past 20+ years on my right knee. Since hanging the pedals after getting my G27 many years ago, I have been able to comfortably run multi-hour endurance races without any issues. Having the pedals hanging rather than floor mounted, means that your right foot/shin are not as extended for the longer periods of time. Rather than stretching the muscles on the front of the lower leg while on full throttle, the leg is in a much more natural position. Instead, you contract the muscles when you come off the throttle, just like in your normal street car (nice Focus BTW. I have a Kona Blue one just like it ;) ).

It has made a WORLD of difference for me, having the pedals inverted. It's also one of the reasons I went with the Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals when I upgraded recently, as I knew for sure I would be able to invert mount them.

Hmm thanks for that info. When I bought my T3PA pedals there was an inverted version as well (T3PA Pro I think). But does it really make that much of a difference? I mean in my real car the pedals are already inverted as well and it still doesn't feel really comfortable though. But I know back in the GT6 days it felt bad on the pedals (G25) and no hindrance in my car. But my T3PA are already WAY better than those pedals of the G25 IMO.

But I'll keep it in mind. Once I have the X1X I will first try with the current setup and then also with shoes instead of socks. I have shoes in all weights from light flip flops and sandals to heavy duty hiking boots and everything in between. :P

Aah yeah the reason I didn't buy the T3PA Pro pedals back in 2016 was because they were not available at the store/shop I bought the rest of my equipment from (TX Racing Wheel Italia Edition + TH8A shifter + GT Leader Wheel addon, that was before all this stuff came boxed together later that year by Thrustmaster :P). If I would ever buy inverted pedals I prefer to stay with my Thrustmaster eco family so T3PA Pro would be my preferred choice then. And 150 EUR ain't that big of a deal, especially not when it regards health / preventing injuries since that's not something I want to save money on.

But what you describe F1_racer is a bit different than my issues. I would have no problem racing with my knee either 90 degrees bent (like normal chair position almost) or else my legs completely stretched. It's the angle in-between 90 and 180 degrees that was uncomfortable.

I will definitely will keep the inverted pedals in mind though (as well as the shoes), thanks for that tip!

edit - uhm the Logitech I used to have with the Wheelstand Pro was the G27, not G25.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 14:18
Hmm thanks for that info. When I bought my T3PA pedals there was an inverted version as well (T3PA Pro I think). But does it really make that much of a difference? I mean in my real car the pedals are already inverted as well and it still doesn't feel really comfortable though. But I know back in the GT6 days it felt bad on the pedals (G25) and no hindrance in my car. But my T3PA are already WAY better than those pedals of the G25 IMO.

But I'll keep it in mind. Once I have the X1X I will first try with the current setup and then also with shoes instead of socks. I have shoes in all weights from light flip flops and sandals to heavy duty hiking boots and everything in between. :P

i use these when i drive Sim

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 14:28
What might also make a big difference (now that we're on this subject anyway) is to always use the pedal shifters mounted on the wheel, ignore the clutch pedal and brake with the left foot. I can race like that easily as well (was doing it in the FM6 days for multiplayer) and then ignore my TH8A. Or I could reconfigure that TH8A as a sequential stick as well or even a handbrake for some better rallycross immersion.

With paddle shifting I can just keep my foot on the gas without knee movement and that helps a lot too. Of course it takes the immersion away from the classic stick-shifter cars and that happen to be the ones I like the most. But still more immersive than a controller of course. :)

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 14:32
Then Fanatec is doing false advertising as its claiming the pedals are inverted

No, because the brake and clutch ARE inverted.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 14:32
What might also make a big difference (now that we're on this subject anyway) is to always use the pedal shifters mounted on the wheel, ignore the clutch pedal and brake with the left foot. I can race like that easily as well (was doing it in the FM6 days for multiplayer) and then ignore my TH8A. Or I could reconfigure that TH8A as a sequential stick as well or even a handbrake for some better rallycross immersion.

With paddle shifting I can just keep my foot on the gas without knee movement and that helps a lot too. Of course it takes the immersion away from the classic stick-shifter cars and that happen to be the ones I like the most. But still more immersive than a controller of course. :)

give it a try

i have to probably fork out the $140+ from Fanatec to get their hand brake and usb adapter and then the age old question of where and how i will mount it to my rig

dault3883
11-07-2017, 14:34
No, because the brake and clutch ARE inverted.

maybe but they are not all inverted and if im going to buy inverted pedals i want all of them inverted not just 2/3 of them inverted but those Thrustmaster pro's look like they might do the job

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 14:37
i use these when i drive Sim

Nice!!

I use these:

OK, now that we have done what we can to help breyzipp, we should PROBABLY get back on topic before Konan or Roger get on our cases......

How about that TRACK LIST?!?!?!? AMAZING!!!! (see what I did there?) ;)

dault3883
11-07-2017, 14:39

it did its only missing a few key tracks lol see my latest suggestion on the this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22153-What-tracks-do-you-want-to-see-in-game/page182&highlight=Track+list

Konan
11-07-2017, 14:56
Nice!!

I use these:

OK, now that we have done what we can to help breyzipp, we should PROBABLY get back on topic before Konan or Roger get on our cases......

Too late...BUSTED!

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 14:59
it did its only missing a few key tracks lol see my latest suggestion on the this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22153-What-tracks-do-you-want-to-see-in-game/page182&highlight=Track+list

Red alert!!! Possible forum thread into wishlist conversion!!! Konan!!! Battle stations!!!

Konan
11-07-2017, 15:02

dault3883
11-07-2017, 15:14
Red alert!!! Possible forum thread into wishlist conversion!!! Konan!!! Battle stations!!!

KEY why i did the go to see at this thread LOL so i wasnt saying which tracks in this thread

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 15:14
Yeah lets get back on topic, if only for a short while :rolleyes:

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 16:22
Ok back on track!

Since there won't be any new locations anymore and we don't have much left to confirm (apart from a few unknown layouts) let's discuss what will be in the game. First topic, Project CARS' weird pit and start/finish line at Spa. :P I drew this on a map to explain :

There are 2 possible start/finish lines in Spa : (both in red on the map)
* GT s/f is the old one
* F1 s/f is the newer one
(they might be a little bit more forth or back on track to where i drew them, not relevant for this topic)

There are 3 possible pits :
* The F1 pits (in yellow on map)
* The GT pits (in blue on map) (the pitroad and track rejoin just at the end of Eau Rouge outside the picture)
* The combined pits (yellow + blue together) (there is then an extra barrier where yellow and blue connect so you cant rejoin the track there)

This is how real life motorsports use Spa:
Formula 1: standing start at F1 S/F, using F1 pits
WEC: rolling start at F1 S/F, using F1 pits
Total 24H of Spa (Blancpain): rolling start at GT S/F, using combined pits.

In PCARS1 (and also PCARS2 judging from the circuit icon on the track list) the GT s/f is used but with the F1 pits. Is there any motorsport that uses it this way? Because that always feels so awkward, I mean the pits aren't even on the same part of the track as the s/f line.

Since this game is all about simulation and with a heavy focus on GT3 and endurance racing I would really love to see the same situation as the real life 24H of Spa used in PC2, thus keep the GT s/f but extend the pit area so that the combined pits are needed. That feels much more realistic and this combination is also one of the longest pitlanes that exist as far as I know. That makes the track really unique and especially with all the upgrades in the pitlane in PC2 (manual pitstops, pitlane speeding penalties, animated crew, ...) would be so fun to do. If the problem would be that there would be more pit garages on the track than the game can handle that is absolutely no problem. Just keep the second part of the garage boxes unused, but please just let us drive through there all the way up to Eau Rouge.

I would even go as far as requesting 2 versions of this map just for this :
Spa-Francorchamps (F1 version) : F1 pits and F1 S/F
Spa-Francorchamps (endurance version) : combined pits and GT S/F

Here is a part of the track list icon for Spa which makes me think this issue isn't fixed yet in PC2. You can clearly see the F1 pits and the GT S/F:

Can you fix this pretty please SMS! ;)

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 16:48
Technically F1 isn't in this game so I can kind of see SMS's use of the GT start line. We might not know that start line is specifically the lisence belonging to FOM, just throwing that out there.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 16:50
Technically F1 isn't in this game so I can kind of see SMS's use of the GT start line. We might not know that start line is specifically the lisence belonging to FOM, just throwing that out there.

Just for the record, the F1 S/F and pits are used for more than just F1 (WEC as well as you can see above). Don't get distracted by the F1 in the name.

Maybe I should have just called it modern S/F and modern pits.

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 17:10
Just for the record, the F1 S/F and pits are used for more than just F1 (WEC as well as you can see above). Don't get distracted by the F1 in the name.

Maybe I should have just called it modern S/F and modern pits.

Didn't realize that, sadly my time only allows the last couple of hours of Le Mans and not any other WEC. I couldn't even tell you what TV station it's on in the UK, all I know I don't have it what ever it is.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 17:12
Didn't realize that, sadly my time only allows the last couple of hours of Le Mans and not any other WEC. I couldn't even tell you what TV station it's on in the UK, all I know I don't have it what ever it is.

i think you can watch it live on eurosport

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 17:15
i think you can watch it live on eurosport

Yeah I would assume so, brilliant of Sky to pull Eurosport into there variety bundle instead of sports which they had for 20+ years.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 17:21
Yeah I would assume so, brilliant of Sky to pull Eurosport into there variety bundle instead of sports which they had for 20+ years.

i wouldnt know i watch it on Fox Sports in america

Schadows
11-07-2017, 20:45
IIRC, very early on in pcars1 development, the starting line was where is the F1 S/F line. But since the AI was pilling up at the 1st hairpin (not much distance from the starting line so the pack has stretched yet), it was move to the GT S/F.

Now, I wonder how the new AI would managed starting from the F1 starting line. And for that matter, I wonder how is the 1st corner of Monaco now with a full grid.

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 21:24
IIRC, very early on in pcars1 development, the starting line was where is the F1 S/F line. But since the AI was pilling up at the 1st hairpin (not much distance from the starting line so the pack has stretched yet), it was move to the GT S/F.

Now, I wonder how the new AI would managed starting from the F1 starting line. And for that matter, I wonder how is the 1st corner of Monaco now with a full grid.

Excellent.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 21:41
I added all the gameplay videos and WMD approved videos that I know about to the tracks. So in case you wonder about the graphics of a track (or just want to enjoy the immersion with the car sound) these will be fun. All but one have no comments in it, except one of the Long Beach videos but that one is absolutely worth it for the stunning day to night transition in 1080p at the end of the video. :)

I also wrote down the build number since there can be significant changes over the various builds (I know the raindrops/dirt effect on the windscreen was improved not so long ago)

the oldest builds : Feb - April - May - June
the newer builds : build 722 and upwards

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 22:53
Good job mate, I hope everybody appreciates all the hard work you have put into this list :yes:

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 22:56
A bit off-topic but to come back just once on the discussion from the previous pages, please don't feel bad for me because I "have" to play with a controller. We controller players (for whatever reason we might do so) have our part of fun as well you know. :) Like I already said before, some cars in PC1 work just fine, others are a bit more troublesome but I just don't bother to tune them.

Just today I was doing some final parts of the career mode and I had this race in the RUF RGT-8 GT3 on Hockenheim GP. I don't think I ever raced this car before (not my first pick of GT3 for sure) but I had to do it for the RUF RGT-8 German Cup. Turns out this car was quite fun just plain stock (with the Elite controller on XBox One). I made the short clip below just to show some twat from another forum how a car behaves in PC1 if you attack the kerbs too strong. But other than my short-shifting acceleration pit exit (just way over-eager to get up to speed :p), poor judging of the turn 2 braking point and deliberately running over the kerbs twice, you can see racing with the controller in PC1 works just fine.... for some cars. :) I also race with "real" for assists so I assume a GT3 car has ABS and some other assists? Since it handled unexpectedly well. :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Breyzipp/video/33959305

F1_Racer68
11-07-2017, 23:45
@Roger - I for one truly do appreciate all of breyzipp's work. His efforts have been stupendous, as have his efforts on the car list.

@breyzipp - I know several "controller players" who will regularly hand my backside to me in races exceeding 90 minutes, so I know first hand it can be done, and it can be enjoyable. I just hoped to share some experience that would allow you to avoid letting that wheel setup "go to waste". The immersion factor is certainly much higher with the "proper" equipment and tools, even if the fun factor and ability to play are possible with other options.

EDIT: Gave incorrect credit for the car list thread. Have corrected that. Apologies @breyzipp for giving someone else credit for your work. That's what I get for visiting many of the same other forums you and Jake do.... I'm so confised....lol

FS7
12-07-2017, 01:41
PC1 for me is very inconsistent in handling with the controller on XBox.

PC1 with a controller is a disaster.
Imo it's not that the game sucks or doesn't work properly with a controller, the problem is that the default controller setup sucks, there's no information whatsoever in the game's options page on what each setting does, and there's no way to adjust controller settings using the pause menu or in the pits, any little change requires the player to go back to the main menu > options. Also, steering ratio in the car's setup feels wrong for every car I tested, moving the slider all the way to the right makes cars more predictable & intuitive.
After spending many hours testing settings I figured a controller setup that works decently, I got rid of most of the input lag, but it still doesn't feel as good as my rF1 setup, and there's still a feeling of a bit of lag in the steering.

Hopefully SMS did the smart thing and included brief explanations of what each setting does in PCars2, and included the option to adjust options anywhere either through the pause menu or in the pits.

snipeme77
12-07-2017, 01:55
Imo it's not that the game sucks or doesn't work properly with a controller, the problem is that the default controller setup sucks, there's no information whatsoever in the game's options page on what each setting does, and there's no way to adjust controller settings using the pause menu or in the pits, any little change requires the player to go back to the main menu > options. Also, steering ratio in the car's setup feels wrong for every car I tested, moving the slider all the way to the right makes cars more predictable & intuitive.
After spending many hours testing settings I figured a controller setup that works decently, I got rid of most of the input lag, but it still doesn't feel as good as my rF1 setup, and there's still a feeling of a bit of lag in the steering.

Hopefully SMS did the smart thing and included brief explanations of what each setting does in PCars2, and included the option to adjust options anywhere either through the pause menu or in the pits.

Dude, driving Pcars 1 with a controller was and still is a nightmare. The cars never felt settled, and was super twitchy and hard to recover. Getting the car sideways was a death sentence, plus 4wd cars felt wrong. The Audi 90 GTO is so freaking hard to drive compared to the mustang because you have no idea what it's going to do into and out of a corner. 3 of 5 times it understeers and then snap oversteers, 2 of 5 times the tail steps out from the get go and it's race over. And don't get me started on the Evo's, Audi R8, and the Toyota LMP1.

I'm very happy seeing the controller gameplay on Pcars 2 and slowly getting optimistic. but every time I go back to Pcars 1 I want to throw something out the window.

FS7
12-07-2017, 01:59
Dude, driving Pcars 1 with a controller was and still is a nightmare. The cars never felt settled, and was super twitchy and hard to recover. Getting the car sideways was a death sentence, plus 4wd cars felt wrong. The Audi 90 GTO is so freaking hard to drive compared to the mustang because you have no idea what it's going to do into and out of a corner. 3 of 5 times it understeers and then snap oversteers, 2 of 5 times the tail steps out from the get go and it's race over. And don't get me started on the Evo's, Audi R8, and the Toyota LMP1.

I'm very happy seeing the controller gameplay on Pcars 2 and slowly getting optimistic. but every time I go back to Pcars 1 I want to throw something out the window.
Are you using default setup? Or did you ever take the time to find a good controller setup?
Default controller setting sucks indeed, but figuring out a decent controller setting and adjust the steering ratio in each car's setup can make a lot of difference.

snipeme77
12-07-2017, 02:09
Are you using default setup? Or did you ever take the time to find a good controller setup?
Default controller setting sucks indeed, but figuring out a decent controller setting and adjust the steering ratio in each car's setup can make a lot of difference.

I did both honestly. when I first got Pcars I Developed my own controller setup. Then something corrupted in the game files, and I had to reinstall the game and DLC, and redevelop a controller set up.

Both had basically the same problems. Couldn't catch slides, and it was very hard to adjust to worn tires throughout a race. Plus even with making my own setups my controller setting made some cars undriveable, like the GT40, group A cars, and especially the 4wd cars. At some point I stopped playing Pcars when historic tracks part 2 and ovals where canceled and uninstalled the game.

Recently, when pcars 2 was announced, I came back to see if I was being harsh on the game, and to see if I was willing to give Pcars 2 a chance. Now I'm driving with the default set up 2 and 3, and I find both serviceable on all cars but each preferring certain cars. Still some cars are utterly undriveable in anything but the race when there's extra rubber on the groove. (Like the Audi 90, Zonda R, All street cars, and Ford falcon with a metric crap ton of tuning.)

Konan
12-07-2017, 04:40

*ahum* i don't have a wheel either *ahum* LOL
I had one a couple of years ago (with wheelstand) but not having a personal space to put it in i couldn't be bothered setting it up in my livingroom every time i wanted to race...
Anyway,I'm quite happy with my controller for the time being but I'm affraid Pcars2 will trigger me in buying one again eventually (just don't tell the wife,i'd really rather stay alive until then) :p

Aile_Bleue
12-07-2017, 08:02
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=en official Track list

konnos
12-07-2017, 09:07
On the matter of track scanning, have SMS announced what kind of equipment they use? What accuracy (in cms) are they getting from such a method? Is there a road mesh derived from the drone scanning or is it made manually with photos and/or another method of scanning?

Roger Prynne
12-07-2017, 09:20
^ You might want to read this thread..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50376-Laser-drone-scanning

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 10:19
@Roger - I for one truly do appreciate all of breyzipp's work. His efforts have been stupendous, as have his efforts on the car list.

@breyzipp - I know several "controller players" who will regularly hand my backside to me in races exceeding 90 minutes, so I know first hand it can be done, and it can be enjoyable. I just hoped to share some experience that would allow you to avoid letting that wheel setup "go to waste". The immersion factor is certainly much higher with the "proper" equipment and tools, even if the fun factor and ability to play are possible with other options.

EDIT: Gave incorrect credit for the car list thread. Have corrected that. Apologies @breyzipp for giving someone else credit for your work. That's what I get for visiting many of the same other forums you and Jake do.... I'm so confised....lol

Well Jake does a good job over at GT Planet as well. ;) As for this forum, other people (especially Tank621 and yourself) have been contributing to the car and track lists a lot as well. Often I was just adding the data people on the forum collected, so it's a community effort. ;)
And thanks again for the info about using the wheel even with knee troubles. I will most definitely give my wheel setup a second life once the X1X is out so I have an XBox at both my gaming locations (instead of physically disconnecting and dragging the darn thing from one room to another :p). Will take all the feedback (shoes, inverted pedals, etc.) into account then. Already checked and T3PA Pro is only about 150 EUR incl. shipping and available now so that's no problem.

Tank621
12-07-2017, 14:10
In the confirmed tracklists it says there are 4 Nordschiefe layouts, is that a mistake?

VelvetTorpedo
12-07-2017, 14:20
In the confirmed tracklists it says there are 4 Nordschiefe layouts, is that a mistake?

Possibly Nordschleife (full), Nordschleife Stage 1, Nordschleife Stage 2, and Nordschleife Stage 3 if its like PC1

Fanapryde
12-07-2017, 14:21
The complete Ring and three seperate sections, so no mistake AFAIK.
Edit: ninjad by @VelvetTorpedo

Tank621
12-07-2017, 14:27
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the stages. Thanks guys

F1_Racer68
12-07-2017, 15:23

In real life there are 5 layouts available, so maybe we get some of those?

- Nordschleife
- Combined (Nordschleife and GP)
- Nord schleife and GP (without Arena)
- Nordschliefe and Sprint
- Nordschlefie and Sprint (without Arena)

They show GP and Nordschleife separately on track list, so maybe they have give us some of the above as "Nordschleife" layouts?

http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/Germany/Nurburgring2002.html

As the link above shows, the site actually offers 12 unique layouts, which is pretty amazing. Most only think of the 3 (Combined, GP and Nordschleife only)

dault3883
12-07-2017, 15:26

- Nordschleife

They show GP and Nordschleife separately on track list, so maybe they have give us some of the above as "Nordschleife" layouts?

i would hope we would get a full combined circuit too

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 15:27

- Nordschleife

I think we get the exact same versions as in PCARS1. I started from those tracks and that matched 100% with what was on the PCARS2 track page.

Just check the topic post. :)

(and Tank that goes for you as well :P)

F1_Racer68
12-07-2017, 15:30
THis is what happens when I research while replying...... LOL

And yeah, I also forgot about the PC1 "Stages".

F1_Racer68
12-07-2017, 15:30
i would hope we would get a full combined circuit too

We have the full combined now, so I don't see why it wouldn't be in pCARS2

VelvetTorpedo
12-07-2017, 15:33
its already on the list

NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE + GP COMBINED
(http://www.projectcarsgame.com/uploads/2/0/6/5/20658008/eifelwald-full_orig.png)

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 15:34
(L) Germany - Nürburgring [Nordschleife+GP no arena incl. motorcycle chicane - Nordschleife - GP - Sprint - Sprint no arena - Müllenbachschleife - Nordschleife stage 1 - Nordschleife stage 2 - Nordschleife stage 3] {build 722 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6CRrupTAzo)}

For the record :
* Nordschleife+GP no arena incl. motorcycle chicane => long name to explain what is in it, but that is the combined one (as it appears in PC1). But even for the combined circuits you have the option to run through the Mercedes arena or not (that part after turn 1 of the GP circuit near the Mercedes tribune) and if near the end of the GP circuit but just before the turn onto the Nordschleife if you use the F1 chicane (the first one, sharpest corner) or the second chicane (motorcycle one, easier corner).

The rest is quite easy.

more info: http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/nurburgring.html#.WWZC3IiGOUk

Ooh and for the record, even though everyone is so obsessed with the Nordschleife all the time (I'm personally bored to the back of my teeth with that forest excursion :p), do give that Müllenbachschleife a try in PC1. It's really fun for a tiny circuit in a slower car like the hot hatches or the Toyota GT86 (with or without the Artillery Mammal kit ;) ).