PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 - The FULL track list including all DLC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Tank621
12-07-2017, 15:42
Just check the topic post. :)

(and Tank that goes for you as well :P)
Haha that's a little embarassing, I keep telling everyone else to check the post and I forgot to do it myself

konnos
13-07-2017, 08:31
^ You might want to read this thread..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50376-Laser-drone-scanning

Yes I have read the thread and seen the video with the points, I was hoping for more technical specifications (what kind of accuracy does their equipment achieve) and also, if the resulting points mesh is something that helps give the road texture for the FFB, or is it only used for graphical purposes.

Schadows
13-07-2017, 08:53
I don't how how precise the photogrammetry can be in this case (to the millimeter? centimeter?), but just like laser-scan, the resulting point mesh only serve as a baseline to model the track in game (keeping only elevation changes and the relevant imperfection of the road), because you would be able to run the game if the tarmac consisted of thousands of polygons each meter, just to reproduce every imperfection of the road surface.
The benefit of photogrammetry would be to get a hold on textures at the same time, but it wouldn't affect the FFB unless the devs manually set a flag for it.

konnos
13-07-2017, 09:00
Typical accuracy can be 2cm easily on a big photogrammetry tile, always depending on equipment used and the intent of use. In regural (and painstaking long) laser static scanning you can derive a road mesh that is useable from the FFB system. So i was kinda hoping drone scanning might help in that regard.

Regarding the thousands of polygons on 1mē, the point cloud that results from "traditional" scanning is averaged to be made simpler and also to eliminate errors that can occur. No matter, I hope we will get more information on this subject in the near future.

Tank621
15-07-2017, 10:24
Does the Monza oval run clockwise or anti-clockwise?

amazed
15-07-2017, 10:36

Depends if you're playing online or not.... ;)

breyzipp
15-07-2017, 10:40

LMAO! :p Post of the day! Wait... the weekend! :D

FS7
15-07-2017, 19:49

It also depends if you're playing free-for-all or team mode, in team mode each member of the team runs in the opposite direction.

dault3883
15-07-2017, 19:54
It also depends if you're playing free-for-all or team mode, in team mode each member of the team runs in the opposite direction.

????

Tank621
16-07-2017, 16:59

It seems it runs clockwise

breyzipp
16-07-2017, 19:14
And did a big update for this track list as well. Basically redid the whole thing. :P

1) I ran through SteelJockey's video of all the tracks but sadly the karting and RX tracks were not visible since he had another car selected. So I reused the old info for those tracks.

2) 3 questions for SMS/WMD :
2a) How come Sampala didn't show up at SteelJockey's list? What is the restriction to enter that circuit? Or is it a rallycross circuit? (strange since it has no Joker lap)
2b) How many tracks does Wildcrest have? Official track list page at SMS site says 2 but a Spanish guy that ran through the track list in a recent build only had 1 layout.
2c) Would it be possible to get an update on which tracks exactly are laser scanned now? I added that info to the first page as well and should be pretty accurate but I would like to verify if it's true. Could we get a list of all the laser & drone scanned tracks?

3) The next days I will start linking the videos from the WMD sticky thread to the corresponding car and track layouts.

4) Linked the feature articles from the tracks as well (similar as I did with the car list for the cars)

gregc
16-07-2017, 19:50
2a) How come Sampala didn't show up at SteelJockey's list? What is the restriction to enter that circuit? Or is it a rallycross circuit? (strange since it has no Joker lap)
2b) How many tracks does Wildcrest have? Official track list page at SMS site says 2 but a Spanish guy that ran through the track list in a recent build only had 1 layout.
2c) Would it be possible to get an update on which tracks exactly are laser scanned now? I added that info to the first page as well and should be pretty accurate but I would like to verify if it's true. Could we get a list of all the laser & drone scanned tracks?

Can't help you for definite with the third one, but for the other two:

- I suspect he was in Private Testing (equivalent to Free Practice in PC1 if memory serves) - in that mode, tracks without pits don't show up. This would also explain the lack of RX tracks, as I've just looked at the track list in Custom Race, and all tracks are there including RX even without a RX car selected.
- Wildcrest only has one layout - probably a typo on the official list.

breyzipp
16-07-2017, 20:19
Hmm but Mojave and Mullenbachschleife, Red Bull Club, Catalunya Club etc all showed up, those don't have pits either?
Will remove the second RX from Wildcrest then, thx.

gregc
16-07-2017, 20:46
Hmm but Mojave and Mullenbachschleife, Red Bull Club, Catalunya Club etc all showed up, those don't have pits either?
Will remove the second RX from Wildcrest then, thx.

Don't know - it's quite possible those are just awaiting removal.

breyzipp
17-07-2017, 23:17
I started adding the videos from the WMD thread to both the car list and track list. Pages 30-50 have been done.

seb02
18-07-2017, 06:08
Does anyone know the maximum grid on Knockhill International and Lydden Hill GP?

Tank621
18-07-2017, 09:30
I figured that this might be useful for people wanting to create authentic historic races (I might do this for modern layouts too)

Historic Track Dates (from wikipedia)

Historic Spa 1947-1978 (Armco Barriers Added in 1970)
Historic Silverstone 1975-1986
Rouen-Les-Essarts Long 1955-1971
Rouen-Les-Esssart Short 1972-1994
Historic Hockenheim 1982-2001
Monza Combined 1955-1969
Monza Road Course 1955-1973
Oval 1955-1969 (Last race using the banking)

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 12:48
I figured that this might be useful for people wanting to create authentic historic races (I might do this for modern layouts too)

Historic Track Dates (from wikipedia)

Historic Spa 1947-1978 (Armco Barriers Added in 1970)
Historic Silverstone 1975-1986
Rouen-Les-Essarts Long 1955-1971
Rouen-Les-Esssart Short 1972-1994
Historic Hockenheim 1982-2001
Monza Combined 1955-1969
Monza Road Course 1955-1973
Oval 1955-1969 (Last race using the banking)

Thanks!!! I used the starting year of a certain era for the classic tracks but was thinking of expanding it to the full span of years so we can more accurate replicate historical races with historical cars. I will update the topic post with your info if it matches. :)

Tank621
18-07-2017, 13:09
Yeah, I'm going to get the build dates for the current layouts of all the tracks too. It's more for personal interest but I'll stick them on here when I'm done

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 13:16
Yeah, I'm going to get the build dates for the current layouts of all the tracks too. It's more for personal interest but I'll stick them on here when I'm done

Tank, about Rouen, I was already intrigued by that a long time ago. :) I got more accurate info from this forum compared to Wikipedia. Found my old post again :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49728-Rouen-Les-Essarts-historical-track-info

Also about Spa, is it 1970-1978 then? Since we have the armco's in the game right?

by the way if you dont know the website yet, http://www.racingcircuits.info/ is also a valuable source. They also have links to the official websites of tracks. But, both Wikipedia and racingcircuits can have errors as well, I even emailed the latter already once since they had an error on their site. :)

I wish PCars 2 would add the dates of the tracks in-game as well.

Tank621
18-07-2017, 13:31
The layout of Spa is the same so I stuck both dates in just in case. Rouen, I found a little bit awkward as I saw conflicting dates on the end of the older circuit and start of the new circuit which range vary by a couole years so I used the latest date for the older longer Rouen and earliest for the newer shorter layout.

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 13:49
The layout of Spa is the same so I stuck both dates in just in case. Rouen, I found a little bit awkward as I saw conflicting dates on the end of the older circuit and start of the new circuit which range vary by a couole years so I used the latest date for the older longer Rouen and earliest for the newer shorter layout.

I thrust this one the most for Rouen, seems to have the most detailed info, hence probably also the most accurate one : http://www.circuit-rouen-les-essarts.fr/le-trace

So we have the GP circuits of 1955-1970 and 1972-1973. The latter is labeled "short" in PCARS 1 & 2.

For Spa I'll take 1970-1978 then for best accuracy.

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 14:02
Or screw that armco barrier thing, I'll use Spa from 1947 on. :)

Let's just say the track layout itself needs to match 100% so that second Rouen is only 1972-1973 since from 1974 it had an extra chicane. Same for the year 1971, that was the 1955-1970 version but also with extra chicanes. So in both cases we have the version without the chicanes.

Decorations (IMO including armco barriers in case of Spa) is "fluff" next to the track and it's not like that will be static for long periods anyway. I'm sure over that span of almost 30 years a lot more changed in the scenery next to the track in Spa than just the Armco barriers. Roger checked with WMD what year classic Spa should represent and I believe his answer was "late 60s / early 70s".

Didn't check the other tracks for dates (since I did that research for the start date a while ago already and it matched for the PC1 tracks) so just copied over your dates. :)

By the way if you do the modern tracks as well, start with Sonoma. That one is a real challenge. :D I spent a decent amount of time on that for PCARS 2 already though for the list of XBox tracks in my signature. But I think in PC2 we will have the same tracks as in PC1.

Roger Prynne
18-07-2017, 16:05
Tank, about Rouen, I was already intrigued by that a long time ago. :) I got more accurate info from this forum compared to Wikipedia. Found my old post again :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49728-Rouen-Les-Essarts-historical-track-info

Also about Spa, is it 1970-1978 then? Since we have the armco's in the game right?

by the way if you dont know the website yet, http://www.racingcircuits.info/ is also a valuable source. They also have links to the official websites of tracks. But, both Wikipedia and racingcircuits can have errors as well, I even emailed the latter already once since they had an error on their site. :)

I wish PCars 2 would add the dates of the tracks in-game as well.

I already said here.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49905-Project-CARS-2-The-FULL-track-list-at-launch-Sept-22nd&p=1342790&viewfull=1#post1342790

breyzipp
19-07-2017, 00:21
Is Watkins Glen now laser scanned? Because we sure seem to get the new 2016 resurfaced version.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 00:35
Is Watkins Glen now laser scanned? Because we sure seem to get the new 2016 resurfaced version.

i did not know this and now am super siked about this

F1_Racer68
19-07-2017, 03:44

Ian Bell answered that on GTPlanet Q&A thread (I asked a while ago). They did not rescan it, but they did "resurface" it and update the curbs to match the 2016 version.

breyzipp
19-07-2017, 17:58
Ian Bell answered that on GTPlanet Q&A thread (I asked a while ago). They did not rescan it, but they did "resurface" it and update the curbs to match the 2016 version.

Alright thanks, haven't been following that thread much lately. Figured I know the most things I want to know already. :)

proterra1
20-07-2017, 11:01
Just back from over a month away and it's really great to find all this official information and WMD videos released! Nice suprise!!!

Looking through the tracklist though, I don't see the Mojave test track as a whole. We have the layouts but can we just free roam like in PC1?
I skimmed through some of this thread and did a quick search of this forum and couldn't find anything about it so does anyone know?

Glad to see we can definitely free roam the ice track.

proterra1
20-07-2017, 11:08
Does anyone know the maximum grid on Knockhill International and Lydden Hill GP?

For Knockhill there was a video showing a race with a grid size of 12. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the maximum. When the BTCC come the independent teams have to use a gazebo as a pit garage as there is barely any garages. I don't know if this happens at other circuits too but not even the big teams occupy the pitlane all weekend. All the cars are driven back into the paddock and repaired next to the motorhomes so that there is room for the support races in the pitlane.

breyzipp
20-07-2017, 11:35
Just back from over a month away and it's really great to find all this official information and WMD videos released! Nice suprise!!!

Looking through the tracklist though, I don't see the Mojave test track as a whole. We have the layouts but can we just free roam like in PC1?
I skimmed through some of this thread and did a quick search of this forum and couldn't find anything about it so does anyone know?

Glad to see we can definitely free roam the ice track.

It seems the Mojave test track is not in anymore. Indeed a bit weird choice since with the Sweden ice track they are introducing a test track again (but then on ice). No idea why Mojave full roam was cancelled. Maybe they increased the detail of all the Mojave maps and the full one is just too big to load in video RAM on some platforms? Because in PCARS1 those maps do look a bit dull to be honest, some more trackside detail wouldn't hurt even if it comes at the cost of losing the full roam map.

dault3883
20-07-2017, 12:31
It seems the Mojave test track is not in anymore. Indeed a bit weird choice since with the Sweden ice track they are introducing a test track again (but then on ice). No idea why Mojave full roam was cancelled. Maybe they increased the detail of all the Mojave maps and the full one is just too big to load in video RAM on some platforms? Because in PCARS1 those maps do look a bit dull to be honest, some more trackside detail wouldn't hurt even if it comes at the cost of losing the full roam map.

LOL i only ever used the oval on the mojave track LOL

proterra1
20-07-2017, 12:55

That's a shame if its not included. It was a great place to just have some fun driving around. I liked the drag strip and had some fun online with that! And there was the skid pad too.
At least there are real ovals now so we haven't lost the only oval.

I didn't mind that the track art was a bit dull considering its a desert anyway. I would be surised if the size of it would be the issue. Think of the Nurburgring combined of even Le Mans. They must surely have more detail overall even if the inner parts of those circuits are completetly lacking.

breyzipp
20-07-2017, 13:13
Think of the Nurburgring combined of even Le Mans. They must surely have more detail overall even if the inner parts of those circuits are completetly lacking.

Maybe it's the way the tracks are loaded? I think for even the longest tracks like Nurburgring combined you can still segment that since the tracks are in the end just long stretches of road, if for example if the player is at the Mullenbachschleife (most southern part of GP track), I would think at that point nothing from the Nordschleife itself has to be loaded into RAM yet (as long as it is loaded by the time you get there). The entire Mojave circle with all its inner circuits isn't as segmented as those "long stretches of road", I really think that map must more or less be loaded all at once.

I really think there has to be a technical reason more or less from that sort since I see no other reason.
Getting rid of free roam makes no point as they introduce a new one with the Mercedes Ice track.
Licencing can't be the reason either since it's fictional.
Too much work to update the track art for PC2 is very unlikely as well since the sub-tracks do make it in.

Livetrack 3.0 maybe? Maybe that could be a reason, if that is only "compatible" with closed circuits or point to point stages. Or maybe that entire area is just way too many square kilometers for livetrack to deal with? And that rules the Mercedes area out a bit since over there it's probably always winter and always an ice surface. The dirt/mud "layer" of livetrack 3.0 isn't applicable in Sweden either.

Honestly, now that I think about it a bit more, I believe that section in bold might very well be the reason why it's out. It would make a lot of sense.

Richardf04
20-07-2017, 14:28
Does anyone know if we will be able to take any car onto any track like in the practice mode of PC1?

proterra1
20-07-2017, 15:13
Possibly that could be the reason, but one of the sub-tracks uses well over half of the whole test track I think. I can't remember which one it is but it's covers a big area.

I don't know enough about computing to know how the game is likely to load but if it's been left out due to a design decision I would say that's a bad decision. There's probably reasons though.
At least theres plenty other tracks to test cars out on!

proterra1
20-07-2017, 15:15
Does anyone know if we will be able to take any car onto any track like in the practice mode of PC1?

Apparently so. On GT planet Ian said that you could even take Indycars on RX tracks!

Richardf04
20-07-2017, 15:26
Apparently so. On GT planet Ian said that you could even take Indycars on RX tracks!

This is exactly what I am hoping for!

breyzipp
20-07-2017, 15:41
Possibly that could be the reason, but one of the sub-tracks uses well over half of the whole test track I think. I can't remember which one it is but it's covers a big area.

I don't know enough about computing to know how the game is likely to load but if it's been left out due to a design decision I would say that's a bad decision. There's probably reasons though.
At least theres plenty other tracks to test cars out on!

That would be the one below since that is the biggest track to race on. :) If I throw a rough estimate at it, that would barely be 10% of the entire map's square meters of tarmac to be honest. :) That skid pad is HUGE and a lot of square meters. Also remember the track width in Mojave is quite big, especially on the outer loop as you can see in the picture below it, resulting in even more square meters.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219350&d=1443592858&thumb=1

Very wide tracks at Mojave :

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JV9RLpkV72k/maxresdefault.jpg

I really think the test track got skipped because it would be too much for livetrack 3.0 to handle. Or maybe better put: if livetrack 3.0 has to deal with the Mojave Test Track, then our platforms would not be able to handle that. :)

proterra1
20-07-2017, 15:50
Ok back on track!

Since there won't be any new locations anymore and we don't have much left to confirm (apart from a few unknown layouts) let's discuss what will be in the game. First topic, Project CARS' weird pit and start/finish line at Spa. :P I drew this on a map to explain :

There are 2 possible start/finish lines in Spa : (both in red on the map)
* GT s/f is the old one
* F1 s/f is the newer one
(they might be a little bit more forth or back on track to where i drew them, not relevant for this topic)

There are 3 possible pits :
* The F1 pits (in yellow on map)
* The GT pits (in blue on map) (the pitroad and track rejoin just at the end of Eau Rouge outside the picture)
* The combined pits (yellow + blue together) (there is then an extra barrier where yellow and blue connect so you cant rejoin the track there)

This is how real life motorsports use Spa:
Formula 1: standing start at F1 S/F, using F1 pits
WEC: rolling start at F1 S/F, using F1 pits
Total 24H of Spa (Blancpain): rolling start at GT S/F, using combined pits.

In PCARS1 (and also PCARS2 judging from the circuit icon on the track list) the GT s/f is used but with the F1 pits. Is there any motorsport that uses it this way? Because that always feels so awkward, I mean the pits aren't even on the same part of the track as the s/f line.

Since this game is all about simulation and with a heavy focus on GT3 and endurance racing I would really love to see the same situation as the real life 24H of Spa used in PC2, thus keep the GT s/f but extend the pit area so that the combined pits are needed. That feels much more realistic and this combination is also one of the longest pitlanes that exist as far as I know. That makes the track really unique and especially with all the upgrades in the pitlane in PC2 (manual pitstops, pitlane speeding penalties, animated crew, ...) would be so fun to do. If the problem would be that there would be more pit garages on the track than the game can handle that is absolutely no problem. Just keep the second part of the garage boxes unused, but please just let us drive through there all the way up to Eau Rouge.

I would even go as far as requesting 2 versions of this map just for this :
Spa-Francorchamps (F1 version) : F1 pits and F1 S/F
Spa-Francorchamps (endurance version) : combined pits and GT S/F

Here is a part of the track list icon for Spa which makes me think this issue isn't fixed yet in PC2. You can clearly see the F1 pits and the GT S/F:

Can you fix this pretty please SMS! ;)

By the looks of this video the start grid is the F1 grid not GT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZOlPb0lSE

The HUD isn't showing so you can't tell where they actually start the lap but the grid is the Grand Prix grid not the GT grid. I prefer this as the pits are the GP pits too.

proterra1
20-07-2017, 15:57
That would be the one below

Yep, that's it.

I'm thinking you might be right but I might head over to the Q&A on GT planet and ask SMS themselves.
(If I don't get distracted reading a months worth of news first!)

dault3883
20-07-2017, 15:58
we get the old monza oval dont we
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xN0nauWpQ

RacingAtHome
20-07-2017, 16:01
we get the old monza oval dont we
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xN0nauWpQ

And combined circuit with the chicane before the oval.

breyzipp
20-07-2017, 16:03
^^ yep old Monza in all it's glory! (oval, road course, and combined)

http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/italy/monza.html#.WXDT8oiGOUk

I think the 3 versions of the 1966-1971 track are in (without the junior track but we have junior for the modern layout)

dault3883
20-07-2017, 16:07
^^ yep old Monza in all it's glory! (oval, road course, and combined)

http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/italy/monza.html#.WXDT8oiGOUk

I think the 3 versions of the 1966-1971 track are in (without the junior track but we have junior for the modern layout)

cool watching this vid inspired me to suggest a screen over on the F1 thread that Ferrari its focussed on has like a half screen

proterra1
20-07-2017, 17:03
I'm thinking you might be right but I might head over to the Q&A on GT planet and ask SMS themselves.
(If I don't get distracted reading a months worth of news first!)

Guess what... I got distracted!

Found out DiRT4 was on sale so I couldn't resist. Anyway, while it's downloading I'll try again!

Edit: Talking of free roaming, I hope we can roam free in Dirtfish too as I have just discovered you can in DiRT4.

seb02
21-07-2017, 06:48
For Knockhill there was a video showing a race with a grid size of 12. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the maximum. When the BTCC come the independent teams have to use a gazebo as a pit garage as there is barely any garages. I don't know if this happens at other circuits too but not even the big teams occupy the pitlane all weekend. All the cars are driven back into the paddock and repaired next to the motorhomes so that there is room for the support races in the pitlane.

Thank you for your explanations. I would have liked the grid to be a little more important (20 cars).

breyzipp
23-07-2017, 22:06
... and here as well.

All videos from the WMD video link pages 1-50 are added now. But there are a lot more videos out there on YouTube. If you find any not on the list yet (and from build 722 or higher, +/- 13 July post date or newer) feel free to reply with the link and I will add them.

Just verified all links as well and corrected a few double posts.

Tank621
28-07-2017, 14:47
Article on Classic Spa if you're interested http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/the-classic-spa-francorchamps-comes-to-project-cars-2-fast-frightening-fearsome.html?lang=en

banner77amc
28-07-2017, 15:16
Article on Classic Spa if you're interested http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/the-classic-spa-francorchamps-comes-to-project-cars-2-fast-frightening-fearsome.html?lang=en

I'm excited about this... I think it deserves to be driven in the radbull for extra excitement.

ramm21
19-08-2017, 21:34
The Ferrari 333 article has a vid of it lapping Mugello. Is this a hint Mugello is coming via DLC?

Tank621
19-08-2017, 21:42
The Ferrari 333 article has a vid of it lapping Mugello. Is this a hint Mugello is coming via DLC?

Probably not. Most of the articles feature videos on tracks we don't have- there's always a limited amount of footage of older cars so it's not like they can be picky

rosko
21-08-2017, 21:25
why is Sonoma Raceway listed as LS?

Tank621
21-08-2017, 21:44

Was that the one where one of the devs (can't remember which one) said needed a scan as they didn't have one yet?

rosko
21-08-2017, 21:50
Ian Bell
It's not our best track to be fair. It's probably the only one put together without even a CAD let alone a scan. It's not 'terrible' unless you know and/or race on the track but yes... It's top of the list for a scan ASAP.

So pretty sure it isn't scanned & isn't going to be any time soon as said its likely done in pcars 3.

breyzipp
21-08-2017, 21:56

Woops, thanks for spotting that! I mistakenly flagged them as being laser scanned and they surely are not. Corrected it!

Enkidu
28-08-2017, 08:12
The track list is simply amazing: Historic Monza and Spa, ovals, Red Bull Ring, Fuji... One that I miss is historic Le Mans (without the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight) but I hope it will come in a future DLC (hopefully paired with some more classic Le Mans cars).

Ian Bell
28-08-2017, 08:43
Was that the one where one of the devs (can't remember which one) said needed a scan as they didn't have one yet?

Yes, we plan to have all tracks fully scanned over time. I'm not promising how much 'time' that is exactly :) We have a LOT of tracks and I've yet to hear a single complaint from a real driver about our version of Spa for example. Sometimes the artists nail it by other means.

Ian Bell
28-08-2017, 09:48
Yes, we plan to have all tracks fully scanned over time. I'm not promising how much 'time' that is exactly :) We have a LOT of tracks and I've yet to hear a single complaint from a real driver about our version of Spa for example. Sometimes the artists nail it by other means.

You know I've just realised I'm talking guff here. We can't scan historic tracks. I am calling an 'out' there.

Konan
28-08-2017, 09:53
LOL

breyzipp
28-08-2017, 09:58

Hey Ian, could you have a check on the first topic and see if the tracks flagged as laser/drone scanned are correct?

As far as I know it's like this:
• PCARS 1 had 4 tracks scanned (all UK based)
• All new to PCARS 2 tracks are scanned
• Nurburgring is now scanned too (all variants?)
• I read in an article that Le Mans is now also scanned (all layouts? Karting, Bugatti and 24h?)

What about hockenheim? The RX track is new, is that scanned? Does that mean the rest of Hockenheim was scanned as well?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Bell
28-08-2017, 10:20
Hey Ian, could you have a check on the first topic and see if the tracks flagged as laser/drone scanned are correct?

• I read in an article that Le Mans is now also scanned (all layouts? Karting, Bugatti and 24h?)

What about hockenheim? The RX track is new, is that scanned? Does that mean the rest of Hockenheim was scanned as well?

Thanks in advance!

Correct. It's Nordschleife and Nurburgring though.

F1_Racer68
28-08-2017, 10:56

Thanks in advance!

Well, the current version of Hockenheim might be. But pretty safe to.say the Classic version isn't. :D

Although that would make it a perfect track for the Fun Haver.....

breyzipp
28-08-2017, 12:28
But pretty safe to.say the Classic version isn't. :D

Well the old route still lies there abandoned in the forest, I think you could laserscan that and work from that (resurface and corrections for missing pieces of asfalt). The condition of the tarmac surface will never be replicated correctly but overall elevation, width etc can still be recovered I suppose. It's the same with the old circuit banking at Monza, if you scan what is left and work from that I think you have the best possible representation.

breyzipp
28-08-2017, 12:33
Correct. It's Nordschleife and Nurburgring though.

Yes I listed the Nordschleife under Nurburgring as well since it's basically and extension of it. I know that might sound a bit disrespectful for the hard work put into scanning it since that's a huge circuit! :)

But just to make clear I understand your reply correctly, are Le Mans and Hockenheim also scanned now?

Pisshead30
28-08-2017, 12:49

Ive heard it mentioned several times on various videos by devs that you can take any car on any track in any weather

Konan
28-08-2017, 12:53
Ive heard it mentioned several times on various videos by devs that you can take any car on any track in any weather

Except for instance snow in Dubai...

F1_Racer68
28-08-2017, 16:29

You cannot put cars on kart tracks from what I have heard but you can put karts on all tracks. Also weather is restricted to reality as mentioned. Obviously no snow in Dubai, and no ice track in summer.

beetes_juice
28-08-2017, 19:00
You cannot put cars on kart tracks from what I have heard but you can put karts on all tracks. Also weather is restricted to reality as mentioned. Obviously no snow in Dubai, and no ice track in summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deNrOl5MDvc

Sankyo
28-08-2017, 19:03
Yep, that limitation was removed recently :)

Konan
28-08-2017, 19:13
Did not know that...excellent descision! :cool:

Tank621
28-08-2017, 20:00
I remember joining an online lobby on PCars 1 which was somehow LMP1 at Greenwood, there were only 3 of us but from what I remember it was pretty nuts. Should be fun try out again

breyzipp
28-08-2017, 21:09
Yep, that limitation was removed recently :)

And I am glad! Usually I'm not interested in the wicked combinations stuff at all but that 2+2 Fastback drifting at the kartdrome looks fun :)

proterra1
28-08-2017, 22:57
I remember joining an online lobby on PCars 1 which was somehow LMP1 at Greenwood, there were only 3 of us but from what I remember it was pretty nuts. Should be fun try out again

That would happen in PC1 when the previous race in a lobby was karts on a kart track and for the next race only the vehicle was changed. It was great fun, so long as you didn't have a practice/quali session in Dubai and your car couldn't fit out the pitlane! Glad to hear it's officially a feature now.

Rodgerzzz
29-08-2017, 18:38
That would happen in PC1 when the previous race in a lobby was karts on a kart track and for the next race only the vehicle was changed. It was great fun, so long as you didn't have a practice/quali session in Dubai and your car couldn't fit out the pitlane! Glad to hear it's officially a feature now.

Sorry for deviating off topic but does this workaround still work?

proterra1
29-08-2017, 22:37
Sorry for deviating off topic but does this workaround still work?

It should do as I was intentionally doing it just last month and there hasn't been any updates since then (and there won't be any future updates either).

Leper Messiah
01-09-2017, 08:28
Just noticed Knockhill is in and looks awesome from the vids!! Hell YEAH!! :):):)

breyzipp
02-09-2017, 11:32
Just noticed Knockhill is in and looks awesome from the vids!! Hell YEAH!! :):):)

Soooooo many people seem to be super excited about Knockhill and I'm really happy for you guys. A new track I never raced on before is always welcome and Knockhill falls into that category but I try to understand the excitement about it. Is it a Scottisch thing? Because from watching some gameplay videos I don't really get what's so special about it. So it must be a cult thing. :)

My favorite new-to-series tracks I never raced on before in any other game are probably in this order :

1 - Portimao
2 - Sugo
3 - DirtFish / Knocking Hill / Texas
6 - Mercedes Ice Track (still looking forward to this though, don't assume I don't like it just because it's last :p)

And tracks I did race on before:

1 - Red Bull Ring
2 - Fuji
3 - Hell
4 - COTA
5 - Lydden Hill
6 - Loheac
7 - Indianapolis / Long Beach

Of course that last list is heavily based on my experience on those tracks in other games. For example I'm bored to the back of my teeth with Long Beach from Forza 5 & 6. The PCARS 2 version with it's full day/night cycle looks great but I first need to appreciate it again in PCARS 2. :)

Also adding both RX and tarmac circuits in the same list feels a lot like apples & oranges. :) I absolutely love Hell in Dirt 4 though and it's my favorite RX track together with Montalegre, so I'm eagerly looking forward to the Project CARS 2 version of it.

Tank621
02-09-2017, 11:46
Knockhill is a favourite for many on the BTCC calendar, it's also where Gabrielli Tarquini had his massive roll over

http://youtu.be/kY0XdaiU2BM

Fanapryde
02-09-2017, 11:54
Soooooo many people seem to be super excited about Knockhill and I'm really happy for you guys. A new track I never raced on before is always welcome and Knockhill falls into that category but I try to understand the excitement about it. Is it a Scottisch thing? Because from watching some gameplay videos I don't really get what's so special about it. So it must be a cult thing. :)
In my case, my love for Knockhill comes from the TOCA series some 20 years ago. I raced that track A LOT, mostly in rain/thunderstorm conditions. Since then I always had a soft spot for the track. It is short, technical, demanding, dangerous at times, exciting, you name it, Knockhill has it :applause:
So glad it makes its appearance in pCars2. I'm going to race each and every car there, for sure....

Konan
02-09-2017, 12:03
I'm going to race each and every car there, for sure....

And in every possible weather condition i can imagine...:cool:

Fanapryde
02-09-2017, 12:05
And in every possible weather condition i can imagine...:cool:
I will indeed... :yes:

Konan
02-09-2017, 12:07
With all those combinations you will be busy for months...just with one track...LOL

Fanapryde
02-09-2017, 12:10
With all those combinations you will be busy for months...just with one track...LOL
I don't mind at all.
If it turns out the physics/FFB improved as much as they seem, going by what I have seen and read, I will have no need to spend time in other sims.

breyzipp
02-09-2017, 12:27

32 Formula X on the grid of the tiny tri-oval incoming! ;)

Tank621
02-09-2017, 13:01
Classic Monza article http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/the-temple-of-speed-classic-monza-comes-to-project-cars-2.html?lang=en

Roger Prynne
02-09-2017, 13:04
In my case, my love for Knockhill comes from the TOCA series some 20 years ago. I raced that track A LOT, mostly in rain/thunderstorm conditions. Since then I always had a soft spot for the track. It is short, technical, demanding, dangerous at times, exciting, you name it, Knockhill has it :applause:
So glad it makes its appearance in pCars2. I'm going to race each and every car there, for sure....

Yep you got it, been there several times IRL in the past, and it's a blast.

proterra1
03-09-2017, 15:39

The previous replies have already covered it, not much more to add! So instead I'll just post another video clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6-O-d7Utk

Tank621
03-09-2017, 16:50
Matt Neal and Jason Plato having contact, what a suprise Haha

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 00:53
By the way how come the Texas Motor Speedway rallycross track isn't in the game?

Mahjik
18-09-2017, 02:15
By the way how come the Texas Motor Speedway rallycross track isn't in the game?

Likely the idea of people launching Formula A's and X's off the Joie Chitwood ramps was unappealing. ;)

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 02:45
Likely the idea of people launching Formula A's and X's off the Joie Chitwood ramps was unappealing. ;)

But it sounds like fun...

Tank621
15-11-2017, 14:25
Daytona International Speedway article https://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/cars-to-race-at-daytona-in-project-cars-2-in-the-wheel-tracks-of-giants.html?lang=en

MauriceSki
11-12-2017, 11:04
Please add Zandvoort track so that i can rid off Asetto Corsa and just drive PC2.

Olijke Poffer
11-12-2017, 14:53
Please add Zandvoort track so that i can rid off Asetto Corsa and just drive PC2.

+1
Zandvoort is a cool track indeed.

jan.ringas
11-12-2017, 20:08
+1
Zandvoort is a cool track indeed.

Yes, and one I already drove on myself... I'd really love to be able to re-live that experience in PC2 :)

BrainsBush
11-12-2017, 20:17
Yes, and one I already drove on myself... I'd really love to be able to re-live that experience in PC2 :)

Me too back in the late 80's. And today virtually in AC as this track is our WeeklyHotLap Challenge (Zandvoort/Nismo 370Z). Would also love to see it in Pcars2!!
As the Dutch Prince Bernard Jr van Oranje is the co-owner and he has already plenty of money I assume the license costs are indeed.........very high again

breyzipp
23-12-2017, 13:37
Some updates:

* Added the 2 new tracks from the Fun Pack
* Removed the links to videos and articles to clean up the list

LMGTP
23-12-2017, 13:41
Zandavoort hmm i dont mind seeing that track. I hope Istanbul Park makes its way in a dlc. Thats all I want alongside philip island and surfers paradise.

Tank621
23-12-2017, 21:28
Remember when I said I was going to try and fond the date ranges for all the the tracks? I think I did like half of Europe and then gave up

ZetoalhaBr
15-05-2018, 19:17
Interlagos will be in the final DLC?

Tank621
15-05-2018, 19:47

It's currently expected to be two of the following: Interlagos, Mugello and Fiorano

Honestly I think Mugello and Fiorano are most likely atm

My sources are here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51275-Upcoming-DLC-Teases-and-Speculation&p=1354515&viewfull=1#post1354515

Stewy32
15-05-2018, 20:02
It's currently expected to be two of the following: Interlagos, Mugello and Fiorano

My sources are here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51275-Upcoming-DLC-Teases-and-Speculation&p=1354515&viewfull=1#post1354515

I agree.

Stewy32
15-05-2018, 20:03

Maybe but not confirmed.

Schadows
05-06-2018, 20:07

My sources are here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51275-Upcoming-DLC-Teases-and-Speculation&p=1354515&viewfull=1#post1354515Damn, the Mugello was such a great track at the early stage of pcars 1 u__u

ATSS
05-06-2018, 20:25
Damn, the Mugello was such a great track at the early stage of pcars 1 u__u

What happened to it?

Tank621
05-06-2018, 20:46
Presumably liscensing

Kuokkanen
01-07-2018, 20:07
I just installed the game on a different computer. Chesterfield Karting Circuit is available under PRIVATE TESTING, but not in CUSTOM RACE. I have played that track against AI (under CUSTOM RACE I believe) with the computer I had the game first installed. What happened?

Bealdor
01-07-2018, 20:09
I just installed the game on a different computer. Chesterfield Karting Circuit is available under PRIVATE TESTING, but not in CUSTOM RACE. I have played that track against AI (under CUSTOM RACE I believe) with the computer I had the game first installed. What happened?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63886-SOLVED-No-kart-tracks-available-in-MP&p=1521828&viewfull=1#post1521828

Sentry87
01-07-2018, 20:09
Not sure if it matters, but maybe it's the car that's currently selected.

Tank621
01-07-2018, 20:48
When I saw this thread under 'new posts' I thought it was going to be someone asking Breyzipp to update the OP :p

breyzipp
01-07-2018, 21:14
When I saw this thread under 'new posts' I thought it was going to be someone asking Breyzipp to update the OP :p

Is that a hint? :-)

Tank621
01-07-2018, 21:17
Noooo :rolleyes: