PDA

View Full Version : Contoller settings not saving

NEDMInsane
12-02-2017, 00:13
Every time i remove or install my wheel and restart the game it deletes my controller setting. Im using a DFGT wheel, with G25 pedals and shift through an arduino.

This is extremely annoying because i have to go in and edit all the assignments and setting every single time i play the game, because who wants a wheel sat in the middle of the desk while they are plying other games or browsing the internet. Is there a fix for this or am i never playing pcars again?

Mad Al
12-02-2017, 00:47
As long as you use the same usb port, it should hold the config... as long as you don't actually start PCars with a different setup (which is how I read what you actually wrote?). I assume it detects your wheel anyway and you are having to assign the pedals and shifter?

comedykev
12-02-2017, 00:53
I also have the same issue in PC1, i have my wheel in the same USB port. Not sure if its related but it also happens in PC2 and only started to happen when i installed that on Thursday.

Mad Al
12-02-2017, 01:02
I also have the same issue in PC1, i have my wheel in the same USB port. Not sure if its related but it also happens in PC2 and only started to happen when i installed that on Thursday.

Well I'll have to recheck, but I'm fairly sure I didn't have any issues last time I disconnected then reconnected my wheel... (it may be useful to actually mention what wheel you have!)

as far as PC2 issues goes.. you should ask in the other forum :) - but you should note that some builds do in fact reset the profile/controller anyway (but not every time)

NEDMInsane
12-02-2017, 05:22
Im using the exact same usb ports, my wheel like i stated is the DFGT wheel while the pedals and shifter is the G25 connected through an arduino. any time i disconnect the wheel and/or pedals/shifter the start pcars it deletes my config. Then i have to go into pcars and reassign all my buttons and re configure all of them. it detects everything fine, but i need to actually make them all work together since im not using a stock DFGT or G25.

Mahjik
12-02-2017, 13:10
That's just the way it works, it's not going to change.

If you are removing your wheel when you aren't using it to save space, there isn't much you can do. If you are unplugging your wheel so you can play other games (i.e. the games that don't like having other controllers plugged in), I've using a USB hub which has power switches on it plug. I can switch the ports on/off and that doesn't remove my pCARS1 config.

comedykev
12-02-2017, 13:46
That's just the way it works, it's not going to change.

If you are removing your wheel when you aren't using it to save space, there isn't much you can do. If you are unplugging your wheel so you can play other games (i.e. the games that don't like having other controllers plugged in), I've using a USB hub which has power switches on it plug. I can switch the ports on/off and that doesn't remove my pCARS1 config.

Thats rubbish information youve given there, ive unplugged the wheel from the USB from the first week the game came out and its not been a problem, until this week.
Why would unplugging a wheel delete the game config?

Mahjik
12-02-2017, 14:09

Likely it's being assigned a different USB ID by the Logitech software. To the game, it appears as a completely different device that was configured prior. You can usually force it in the Logitech control panel to always make a certain device "the first" device. That can help but it doesn't remove why it can happen.

Mad Al
12-02-2017, 14:35
Thats rubbish information youve given there, ive unplugged the wheel from the USB from the first week the game came out and its not been a problem, until this week.

It wouldn't as long as windows (and any driver/Logitech crapware) gives it the same ID, it will continue to be seen as the same hardware... which is precisely why I said to plug it into the SAME usb port, because even changing port will change the ID.

comedykev
12-02-2017, 14:45
I think its the moronic Thrustmaster update that i installed earlier this week which is causing this issue, hope they patch it.
Thanks for your help Mahjik.

Mad Al : It IS being plugged into the same port, the same one for over 2 years

Mahjik
12-02-2017, 14:47
I think its the moronic Thrustmaster update that i installed earlier this week which is causing this issue, hope they patch it.
Thanks for your help Mahjik.

Mad Al : It IS being plugged into the same port, the same one for over 2 years

You could try to revert back to an older driver.

comedykev
12-02-2017, 14:57
You could try to revert back to an older driver.

LOL im struggling to find an old one for the T300 RS and F1 wheel, all that's coming up is the new one :-(

Roger Prynne
12-02-2017, 15:05
^ on the left of the page you will find old drivers....

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/JOYSTICK-GAMEPAD-WHEELS-and-TABLETS/TRUSTMASTER/Thrustmaster-T300-RS-Wheel-Driver-Firmware-2TTRS2016.shtml

Mad Al
12-02-2017, 15:08
How appropriate, the old driver finds an old driver ;)

Roger Prynne
12-02-2017, 15:10
^ Cheeky bugger.

comedykev
12-02-2017, 15:11
How appropriate, the old driver finds an old driver ;)

LMAO, many thanks to you all for your help, it is most appreciated.

:-D

comedykev
12-02-2017, 15:15
After testing a rolled back driver i can confirm that it now works a charm, it must be the new ones Grrrrr
Roger Prynne you are officially on my Christmas card list :-D

Roger Prynne
12-02-2017, 15:22
Glad it worked mate.