PDA

View Full Version : GT Planet pCARS2 Q&A with Ian Bell

Mascot
15-02-2017, 08:35
This thread is pure gold:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated.353715/#post-11711280

Be sure to check the spoilers in the first post.

jimmyb_84
15-02-2017, 09:11
Some great info in that thread.

I'm worried for Monza if i read that correctly

Mascot
15-02-2017, 09:41

No need to worry.

Zpectre87
15-02-2017, 11:14
About absence of recycled content in PC1, that's not really true, because some of the car sounds were from Shift series. However, I think those didn't belong to EA, but to Greg Hill who was responsible for the design. This is why you can hear some of the sounds he made in other games like Blimey!'s own GT Legends and GTR2, as well as Test Drive Unlimited.

I'm also glad they added some extra DRM to the 3D models... Even during PC1 development people would often leak the files for unauthorized converters to put them in other games.

IceShaft
15-02-2017, 11:39
No need to worry.

I really hope so but Ian's answer is not that clear, or is it me that cannot read between the lines? :confused:

jimmyb_84
15-02-2017, 11:43
I really hope so but Ian's answer is not that clear, or is it me that cannot read between the lines? :confused:

Your not alone i was a little confused by that answer too.

Ian Bell
15-02-2017, 11:49
You have no reason to worry as Mascot has kindly stated :)

IceShaft
15-02-2017, 11:51

Woohoo!! :cool:

Mascot
15-02-2017, 11:53

Quick! Shut the doors! Trap the Wookie!

Looks like we'll get some answers here too. :)

FR-Alan
15-02-2017, 11:59
Yeah cool,
As monza is one of the most played track, that one will be for sure in a DLC (a pack with some red cars inside???) :)
Smart move.

Mascot
15-02-2017, 12:04
Yeah cool,
As monza is one of the most played track, that one will be for sure in a DLC (a pack with some red cars inside???) :)
Smart move.

Having any tracks from pCARS 1 released as DLC in pCARS 2 would cause a sh*tstorm of such intensity that the internet would fall out of the sky.

Grijo
15-02-2017, 12:15
Quick! Shut the doors! Trap the Wookie!

Looks like we'll get some answers here too. :)

Subject arrested

Invincible
15-02-2017, 12:16
Having any tracks from pCARS 1 released as DLC in pCARS 2 would cause a sh*tstorm of such intensity that the internet would fall out of the sky.

Even if the amount of work which has been put (again) into those tracks would justify it imho.

Mascot
15-02-2017, 12:19
Even if the amount of work which has been put (again) into those tracks would justify it imho.

Nevertheless, public perception would probably differ.

RacingAtHome
15-02-2017, 12:23
Maybe they're intentionally delaying the announcement of Spa/Monza to announce a forest based triangle or an even faster Monza. ;)

Mascot
15-02-2017, 12:28
Maybe they're intentionally delaying the announcement of Spa/Monza to announce a forest based triangle or an even faster Monza. ;)

Or maybe the classic variations of each, who knows.

jimmyb_84
15-02-2017, 12:33

Thank you Ian. Beyond excited for Pcars2

Grijo
15-02-2017, 12:39
Im a great fan of the first Project Cars and I invested a lot of time in it. I really believe that Project Cars 2 will present all content (or almost all of it) from the first plus new ones. Im not worried about graphics, sounds, options, weather...because I think if the first one was great, the second will be a THE new reference for sim racing. The only thing that concerns me in Pcars 2 release in the online part. In the first we still suffer a lot with disconnections and lagging. For e-sports and for league racing, it will be the main point that needs to be worked.

RomKnight
15-02-2017, 13:17
Im a great fan of the first Project Cars and I invested a lot of time in it. I really believe that Project Cars 2 will present all content (or almost all of it) from the first plus new ones. Im not worried about graphics, sounds, options, weather...because I think if the first one was great, the second will be a THE new reference for sim racing. The only thing that concerns me in Pcars 2 release in the online part. In the first we still suffer a lot with disconnections and lagging. For e-sports and for league racing, it will be the main point that needs to be worked.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/onlinechampionships.html

Now you can stop worrying :)

PS: for this to work a rock solid MP needs to be in, right?

FS7
15-02-2017, 13:24
Modern open-wheel:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated.353715/page-2#post-11711817

Silraed
15-02-2017, 16:41
Modern open-wheel:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated.353715/page-2#post-11711817

I am so happy to read that :o.

konnos
15-02-2017, 17:12
Seriously, I think the one feature that has been gone a little under the radar is livetrack 3.0, if this works as advertised it will be an immense gamechanger. Suddenly watching puddles form will become a pass-time for some people.

breyzipp
15-02-2017, 18:21
Subject arrested

haha, epic :D

beetes_juice
15-02-2017, 18:26
Seriously, I think the one feature that has been gone a little under the radar is livetrack 3.0, if this works as advertised it will be an immense gamechanger. Suddenly watching puddles form will become a pass-time for some people.

Its amazing. ;)

jimmyb_84
15-02-2017, 19:21

I cannot wait to try it out, wet-dry an vice-versa hoping for a dry line and that sort of thing.
Also going to be interested in what air temp range we will see too.

SenorPez
15-02-2017, 19:43
Very good answers, and thanks for taking the time to feed information to the community, Ian. Love the communication!

RomKnight
15-02-2017, 19:50
Also going to be interested in what air temp range we will see too.

Its amazing. ;)

This ^^ :)

FS7
15-02-2017, 23:13
I bet LiveTrack 3.0 will cause a lot of crashes, people will get distracted watching the weather effects and will forget to pay attention to the race line and other cars ;)

Silraed
16-02-2017, 02:28
people will get distracted watching the weather effects and will forget to pay attention to the race line and other cars ;)

I mean, I've done that in the first game just watching a sunset. More than once.

Dresden
16-02-2017, 07:05

Speaking to an 'insider' it sounds like the new Pcars game is going to be amazing. Live track 3.0 is out of this world in goodness and the whole league racing thing they are setting up will rock the online community. Internally, the only concern SMS has is that they are working on so many things simultaneously it is a question of whether they can polish everything in time for release.

Fingers crossed that SMS can do it!

breyzipp
16-02-2017, 07:38
I also hope all these side-effects of livetrack 3.0, winds, flooding water etc are not exaggerated too much. Looking at PCARS 1, most cars drive fine when tires are warmed but you can barely keep them on the track even with low speeds when they are cold.

Forza 6 for example also has some very exaggerated effects, when you drive through a 3D puddle of water or with 2 wheels in the grass, the sudden brute force that pulls your car towards the grass or the puddle is very unrealistic as well.

All these effects should be small and realistic.

RomKnight
16-02-2017, 12:00
small and realistic might not be hold true.

You can notice the "hit" entering a puddle even with only one wheel and not much speed is needed either. Imagine at race speed. Also, if you go faster than what your tyre can "clean" it's even worse with aquaplanning.

In any case, none of this is always small in a very realistic world. I don't mind going thru a pond if needed be in my motorcycle but I do have too much reservations doing the same on a car. And I'm not even touching the surprise rain on slicks where ponds can be just a thin layer of water :)

FR-Alan
16-02-2017, 12:37
I also hope all these side-effects of livetrack 3.0, winds, flooding water etc are not exaggerated too much. Looking at PCARS 1, most cars drive fine when tires are warmed but you can barely keep them on the track even with low speeds when they are cold.

Forza 6 for example also has some very exaggerated effects, when you drive through a 3D puddle of water or with 2 wheels in the grass, the sudden brute force that pulls your car towards the grass or the puddle is very unrealistic as well.

All these effects should be small and realistic.

Maybe the more realistic is to stop the race in hard conditions no ?

OddTimer
16-02-2017, 13:05
Maybe the more realistic is to stop the race in hard conditions no ?

yeah, I think Forza 6 overexagerates the puddles in game...in real live a red flag would apply under such conditions. I hope PCars2 takes this into consideration, not necessarily by offering red flag, but keeping puddles 'racing real'.

Mascot
17-02-2017, 07:29
Little bump for this thread, as the goodies continue to flow over at GTP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/#post-11711280

honespc
17-02-2017, 08:59
tracklive 3.0 sounds really good, but what about the tyres?. Will inters and wet, specially inters work as intended this time?.

If tyres like inters are bugged again rendering completely useless, or others like wets allowing you to race on dry tarmac with no issue, not even extreme overheating (what latest patches killed regarding tyre temps), furthermore while sporting really low pressures without any impact on temps= RED (still green right now), then the tracklive thing will be pretty much useless sadly.

@_Ian:

a) Do tyres, specially inters work as intended now? (looking at FA/FB specially)
b) Do wet tyres overheat completely on dry = impossible to drive, as well as wear out quickly?
c) Do extremely low pressure users get their appropiate punish now in pc2? )= quick wear out / overheated tyres in the third lap = impossible to drive without spin?

Mad Al
17-02-2017, 10:26
Seven AI traits..

Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey

ELAhrairah
17-02-2017, 10:46
Seven AI traits..

Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey

And Maldonado

Sankyo
17-02-2017, 10:49
And Maldonado

We have Multiplayer for that :p

RomKnight
17-02-2017, 13:43
tracklive 3.0 sounds really good, but what about the tyres?. Will inters and wet, specially inters work as intended this time?.

If tyres like inters are bugged again rendering completely useless, or others like wets allowing you to race on dry tarmac with no issue, not even extreme overheating (what latest patches killed regarding tyre temps), furthermore while sporting really low pressures without any impact on temps= RED (still green right now), then the tracklive thing will be pretty much useless sadly.

@_Ian:

a) Do tyres, specially inters work as intended now? (looking at FA/FB specially)
b) Do wet tyres overheat completely on dry = impossible to drive, as well as wear out quickly?
c) Do extremely low pressure users get their appropiate punish now in pc2? )= quick wear out / overheated tyres in the third lap = impossible to drive without spin?

I can tell you that lots of work also in this department was (and will continue to be) done to ensure a *much* better experience. I think you'll be surprised.

breyzipp
17-02-2017, 15:12
We have Multiplayer for that :p

Hahaha so true. :)

TerminatorGR
17-02-2017, 18:22
Has Ian talked about the weather in career? Will it be randomised this time?

RacingAtHome
17-02-2017, 18:32
Has Ian talked about the weather in career? Will it be randomised this time?

Nope. However, you can drive anything on a RX course. E.g. IndyCar at Hell.

TerminatorGR
17-02-2017, 19:55
Nope. However, you can drive anything on a RX course. E.g. IndyCar at Hell.That's slightly worrying. A new game and two and a half years later, I just cant imagine/accept that the weather in career again wont be randomised. Pardon the ignorance but surely it cant be that difficult to do this.

Konan
17-02-2017, 19:57
Just because Ian hasn't talked about it doesn't mean it isn't going to happen...
Some things (i don't know which) will be announced later...

Ian Bell
18-02-2017, 02:51

@_Ian:

Yes this area is reaching the point of 'greatness' now. The even better news though is that we have a long time left in the schedule to continue to polish and perfect it.

Ian Bell
18-02-2017, 02:52
That's slightly worrying. A new game and two and a half years later, I just cant imagine/accept that the weather in career again wont be randomised. Pardon the ignorance but surely it cant be that difficult to do this.

And just because it may or may not be there doesn't mean it's difficult to do. We do have things called 'design decisions'.

honespc
18-02-2017, 12:51
Yes this area is reaching the point of 'greatness' now. The even better news though is that we have a long time left in the schedule to continue to polish and perfect it.Excellent news Ian. Now just waiting for Ferrari F40/ other classics, and Viola! Why should I play any racing game other than project cars 2 then? :)

- Random weather with the tracklive thing + localized weather
- Most addictive handling ever, at least with a wheel (already in pc1 though :) )
- Classic cars, now with Ferrari , Lamborgini and let us hope some Porches too
- Even more tracks than pc1
- Advanced and refined tyre model = let's hope more punishing with low pressure abusers, and the come back of overheating too
- The imo sightly needed diff tweaks here and there (I can drift all around tracks in pc1 with road cars anyway, but if it gets better, then oh yeah baby bring it on)
- etc etc more things than other racing games.

Thanks competition. That is all, you may now retire

One last thing I forgot, which is the main assetto corsa problem imo. Just increase the sense of speed while in cockpit camera please. PC1 doesn't have this serious problem ac has at all, but if you could still increase the speed sense a little bit more while in cockpit and while using realistic fovs then that would be an absolute victory for pc2.

Sankyo
18-02-2017, 13:44
Excellent news Ian. Now just waiting for Ferrari F40/ other classics, and Viola! Why should I play any racing game other than project cars 2 then? :)

- Random weather with the tracklive thing + localized weather
- Most addictive handling ever, at least with a wheel (already in pc1 though :) )
- Classic cars, now with Ferrari , Lamborgini and let us hope some Porches too
- Even more tracks than pc1
- Advanced and refined tyre model = let's hope more punishing with low pressure abusers, and the come back of overheating too
- The imo sightly needed diff tweaks here and there (I can drift all around tracks in pc1 with road cars anyway, but if it gets better, then oh yeah baby bring it on)
- etc etc more things than other racing games.

Thanks competition. That is all, you may now retire

One last thing I forgot, which is the main assetto corsa problem imo. Just increase the sense of speed while in cockpit camera please. PC1 doesn't have this serious problem ac has at all, but if you could still increase the speed sense a little bit more while in cockpit and while using realistic fovs then that would be an absolute victory for pc2.

Sense of speed and FOV are directly related, not much you can do about that. Sound can play a role, though, so in that sense pC2 may be a lot better.

Rambo_Commando
18-02-2017, 16:41
Ian, will the FA be the same car from Pcars1? Or will there be cosmetic changes, engine changes, etc..

Schadows
18-02-2017, 20:18
Seriously, I think the one feature that has been gone a little under the radar is livetrack 3.0, if this works as advertised it will be an immense gamechanger. Suddenly watching puddles form will become a pass-time for some people.As exciting LiveTrack is to me, I can't really say this is the key feature. The tech is incredible, some may even say overkill (seriously, puddle forming because a car is plugging the water evacuation system >__<), and will surely play an important role during wet races or if people bring dirt and sand back onto the track (but as for the puddle it shouldn't be exaggerated past the point where a race should be red flagged) but most of the races happen in dry conditions, so i'm a little hesitant to call it a "game changer".

But as Ian and Andy said respectively, the new tire model and the Competitive Racing License (can we call it CRL now ?) are real game changer, bringing better physics and ffb, while revolutionizing pcars online experience.

hkraft300
18-02-2017, 23:23
You're racing with the wrong peoples man.

Mixed and wet weather strategy makes for exciting racing. LT3 will take that next level. I agree with you that it's not a game changer on its own.
But throw in updated tyre and physics, seasons, debris... you can see the effects compounded.

BUT, again, as you said: most leagues will not make full use of it. It'll be racing under clear sunny summer skies.

Pisshead30
18-02-2017, 23:25
Yes this area is reaching the point of 'greatness' now. The even better news though is that we have a long time left in the schedule to continue to polish and perfect it.

That would be around 7 monthsish then lol

FS7
18-02-2017, 23:37
Ian, will the FA be the same car from Pcars1? Or will there be cosmetic changes, engine changes, etc..
Personally I'd like to have the exact same FA 2011 from PCars1 + a newly designed FA 2017.

hkraft300
19-02-2017, 07:31
Personally I'd like to have the exact same FA 2011 from PCars1 + a newly designed FA 2017.

I drove the FA for a few laps at Silverstone GP for the first time since I got the wheel. Just last night.
Holy OMGwtf that was intense. So damn fast. I'd driven the Indycar more than a few races but wow it gets left behind in the last decade. Felt like each lap was over in 3 seconds. AHHHHnextlapAHHHHnextlapAHHHHH...
FA17 would have +200HP and a buttload more torque.
I couldn't deal with that.

honespc
19-02-2017, 09:16
most leagues will not make full use of it. It'll be racing under clear sunny summer skies.And that is something i can't stand about leagues. Real weather should always be mandatory, at least fixed random weather.

Happens on regular lobbies too though. The moment you activate weather or take out all assists, everybody runs away. Shameful community is shameful.

On PC (steam), project cars is a ghost town anyway. You can't just run your own lobby and have any success in most of your attempts. You're always forced joining the most populated server which will always be for GT3 ladies, or go directly the dedicated server running Nords 24/7 real weather with road cars only, which is the best out there for PC. (road cars with a wheel + street medium tyres = drifting all across the Nords = maximum fun).

_@Ian:

Is PC2 going to use the atrociously bad performing Steamworks again for the online, as well as region lock?. This will once more decimate the PC online crowd if so, because not everybody know they must select London UK on the steam downloads parameter in order to find some people to race with.

Some news on the netcode?

hkraft300
19-02-2017, 13:48
You're racing with the wrong peoples :p
Had a DTM race at Hock GP. 20 minute sprint for once (it was late at night for the boys in USA).
Dry to light rain. Wet tyres needed a bit of nursing to stop them cooking off. Long race would've been difficult even with assists.
So much more interesting than a clear sunny 5 lap bash. Also gives slower guys like me a proper chance at a podium lol

RacingAtHome
19-02-2017, 18:05
The American answers about pitstops.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-10#post-11716349

Konan
19-02-2017, 18:09
Yep...this game is really gonna make my year...:cool: (and a couple to follow that)

RacingAtHome
19-02-2017, 18:12
Yep...this game is really gonna make my year...:cool: (and a couple to follow that)

I think this is in the instruction manual of how to fail the second year of uni.
Step 1: Get game in September.
Step 2: Use G29 + PlaySeat Challenge with it.
Step 3: Race a lot
Step 4: Fail uni.

Konan
19-02-2017, 18:15
Fortunately i mostly work evenings and weekends so i can enjoy racing during the day...:cool:

hkraft300
19-02-2017, 23:01
Fortunately i mostly work evenings and weekends so i can enjoy racing during the day...:cool:

Lucky you.
I work evenings too, but I'll be on that morning races train soon xD
Just gotta buy the wife a car and a TV to keep her distracted :rolleyes:

Schadows
19-02-2017, 23:41
BUT, again, as you said: most leagues will not make full use of it. It'll be racing under clear sunny summer skies.To be fair, that's closer to whar is happening IRL too (much more races in dry conditions than not). If the randomness of the weather in pcars2 is based on real chances to get rain at the chosen date, the percentage will be quite low (that's also how racing series decide their calendar).

I drove the FA for a few laps at Silverstone GP for the first time since I got the wheel. Just last night.
Holy OMGwtf that was intense.I still remember when I was playing with the FA during the wmd early days, then I purchased the F1 titles that was released by Codemaster (F1 2011 or 2012), only to be disappointed after just a few laps that ridiculous grip and suspensions). I sold the game after having spent less than an hour on it.
That was the impact the FA had on me ^^

Konan
20-02-2017, 00:31
If the randomness of the weather in pcars2 is based on real chances to get rain at the chosen date, the percentage will be quite low (that's also how racing series decide their calendar).

Hmmm...i think you forgot to take in account the English/Belgian climate....rain all year long (when it's not snowing or foggy) :p

GenBrien
20-02-2017, 00:39
seems Pcars2 will be amazing. I only hope the sales will be at least as good as the 1st one.
I'm really pissed that I was not able to participate for the 2nd :mad:

Konan
20-02-2017, 00:46
I'm sure from what i've seen so far sales will shoot through the roof...:cool:

hkraft300
20-02-2017, 08:07
For slower guys like me bad/changing weather gives me a chance with tyre management, tuning and pit strategy :D
Marek P1 and Oreca are slower cars in their class. But they're super easy on tyres and consistent in rain.
Anyway, if pcars2 can't get a licensed F1 car in there I'd be happy with an FA. It'll come without silly restrictions too. FA 11 vs fa17, anyone?

Schadows
20-02-2017, 09:34
I wonder if part of the team will start working on pcars 3 just after release this time too. The game seems so full of features that I even wonder if the R&D folks would have some work to do for a sequel ^^

amazed
20-02-2017, 09:51
I wonder if part of the team will start working on pcars 3 just after release this time too. The game seems so full of features that I even wonder if the R&D folks would have some work to do for a sequel ^^

And, hopefully, whenever they announce it, the customers will be more understanding and not be in so much of an uproar.....

Konan
20-02-2017, 10:15
Seeing SMS claimed to iron out as many bugs as possible this time and how amazing the game will be i'm thinking most will applaud when SMS says they will start developing Pcars3...:cool:

amazed
20-02-2017, 11:03
Seeing SMS claimed to iron out as many bugs as possible this time and how amazing the game will be i'm thinking most will applaud when SMS says they will start developing Pcars3...:cool:

Oh, I do hope so.....

Hope to get the opportunity to get in early access ;)

Schadows
20-02-2017, 11:14
And, hopefully, whenever they announce it, the customers will be more understanding and not be in so much of an uproar.....

You wish.
Most people don't understand how a game is made, so they will most likely complain like the last time (especially if the announcement lacks the details that were scattered around between websites comments and forums)

Konan
20-02-2017, 11:35
You wish.
Most people don't understand how a game is made, so they will most likely complain like the last time (especially if the announcement lacks the details that were scattered around between websites comments and forums)

I bet you will be able to hear crickets chirping on this forum once the game is out...:p

RacingAtHome
20-02-2017, 12:57
I bet you will be able to hear crickets chirping on this forum once the game is out...:p

Nah. You'll have the whiners whining how the game is broken and how they couldn't enter their name.

Konan
20-02-2017, 13:05
Nah. You'll have the whiners whining how the game is broken and how they couldn't enter their name.

Well i'll be too busy playing myself to care anyway whoehahaha! :rolleyes:

Edit: the profanity filter is annoying sometimes that's for shure...

cluck
20-02-2017, 13:29
Edit: the profanity filter is annoying sometimes that's for shure...I don't have a ******* problem with the ******* profanity filter, I think it's the ******* bees ***** :)

EDIT : Oh come on, "*****" is filtered? That's ******** :(

:p

wolfscastle
20-02-2017, 14:15
One Question, some news about automatic exchange of custom skins and setups?

The first is elementary for real e-sports with sponsors and league racing.

Should not be a problem, has been going on for over 10 years
even with almost all other "real" simulations, right?

amazed
20-02-2017, 14:20
Well i'll be too busy playing with myself to care anyway whoehahaha! :rolleyes:

Edit: the profanity filter is annoying sometimes that's for shure...

FTFY.... :rolleyes:

Mahjik
20-02-2017, 14:29

If this is not "real", then why are you here?

Grijo
20-02-2017, 14:44
Should not be a problem, has been going on for over 10 years

Grijo
20-02-2017, 14:50
FTFY.... :rolleyes:

LOL, I saw what you did..."playing with myself"

Ban him Konan, with all your hate :p

amazed
20-02-2017, 14:58

And I thought us PS4 guys would stick together....:(

wolfscastle
20-02-2017, 15:03
If this is not "real", then why are you here?

I asked you a simple question. Yes or no is enough.
So, SMS planning with this feature or not?

Sankyo
20-02-2017, 15:21
I asked you a simple question. Yes or no is enough.
So, SMS planning with this feature or not?

A question with a (hardly) veiled insinuation that the game does not meet your criteria of being "real" isn't really a question but an attempt at finding another opportunity to repeat the same old "it's just simcade" routine. It's getting boring.

wolfscastle
20-02-2017, 15:28
Ok Remco, without going further into what you want to read
from my words, I repeat the question, which is not only
interested in me alone.

Are multiplayer exchange custom skins supported?

Grijo
20-02-2017, 15:45

Sorry bro, this wont happen again :)

(where is Cluck with his banhammer when we need)

cluck
20-02-2017, 15:46
Sorry bro, this wont happen again :)

(where is Cluck with his banhammer when we need)Handed that back a long time ago ;)

Grijo
20-02-2017, 15:57
Handed that back a long time ago ;)

Sad story :sorrow::sorrow:

I still remember the party when you were nominated to be the right arm of Ian Bell :p

Mahjik
20-02-2017, 16:43
Are multiplayer exchange custom skins supported?

The only part announced at this time around this area, was that there would be no skin editor for the consoles for pCARS2. There hasn't been a comment made by SMS yet on any PC specific features in this area.

Konan
20-02-2017, 17:04

...then he would really be "amazed" lol

Konan
20-02-2017, 17:21

You started it mate...:p

wolfscastle
20-02-2017, 20:11
The only part announced at this time around this area, was that there would be no skin editor for the consoles for pCARS2. There hasn't been a comment made by SMS yet on any PC specific features in this area.

I hope SMS support this specific features to the good "old" PC Gamers.
Or find any way, how the different Custom Skins can easy shared in MP.

Maybe the same way like http://www.tradingpaints.com ? We hope so.

We love that, E-Sport League Streams, 30+ Drivers with her Self Made
Skins, Teams and her "real world" sponsors. :)

What would be a professional e-sports stream without different teams with
there own real sponsors on the cars? Unthinkable, right?

A Example?

Sponsors are Team Redline and FANATEC

Mahjik
20-02-2017, 20:58
What would be a professional e-sports stream without different teams with
there own real sponsors on the cars? Unthinkable, right?

I'm not a SMS employee, but I'll put my 2 cents out there. I do believe this is important, but I also believe there are some other areas for e-Sports that need more attention. I do see this in Kano terms as a Delighter, where there are many Satisfiers which need to happen first for e-Sports.

breyzipp
22-02-2017, 11:01
To the mods- This thread should be moved to the new PCARS2 forum as well

Siberian Tiger
22-02-2017, 11:09
To the mods- This thread should be moved to the new PCARS2 forum as well

Done.... :)

Alan Dallas
23-02-2017, 08:11
I hope SMS support this specific features to the good "old" PC Gamers.
Or find any way, how the different Custom Skins can easy shared in MP.

Maybe the same way like http://www.tradingpaints.com ? We hope so.

The original plan was to use Steam Workshop for Livery sharing(you would Subscribe to the Livery or Livery pack "Mod" to have it appear on your game). It started to be developed on pCARS1 but they ran out of time to flesh it out. Either way if they do finish that feature and use the Steam Workshop, there is no way to force it to your machine if someone is using a Livery you don't have. Workshop only works on a "Subscription" based distribution system. Which in truth would work great for Leagues that have a person assigned to keeping a "Livery pack" up to date for members to subscribe to. Anytime they add or change a Livery in the pack it would auto push it down to those who Subscribed to it.

wolfscastle
23-02-2017, 17:33
Ok I understand! But anyway. The possibility of the online in the MP all drivers see there
Custom Skins of the other, should work in any case, however ever SMS realizes. Thank you.
It is a very very important Feature for e-sports and live streams when SPONSORS want to join
in this "Buisness". I hope it will comes and work from the Day one! :)

Mascot
03-03-2017, 14:16
30fps replays confirmed for consoles. (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-20#post-11729508)

https://media.giphy.com/media/gVohSeGhTE7KM/giphy.gif

Mahjik
03-03-2017, 14:51
30fps replays confirmed for consoles. (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-20#post-11729508)

Keep in mind, this will enable higher fidelity in the replays. What you'll lose in fps, you'll gain in fidelity of the replays (and they are looking fantastic)!

Mascot
03-03-2017, 14:58
Keep in mind, this will enable higher fidelity in the replays. What you'll lose in fps, you'll gain in fidelity of the replays (and they are looking fantastic)!

Please expand on this 'fidelity' of which you speak, because in my experience everything turns to a blurry mush at 30fps.

Mahjik
03-03-2017, 15:04
Please expand on this 'fidelity' of which you speak, because in my experience everything turns to a blurry mush at 30fps.

Currently not all of the physics data is exported to the replays for pCARS1. This makes the replays appear not as smooth as other titles and also looses some of the sensations that happened during the race (i.e. there are no turbo/tire sounds, the steering angle on the cars are not exactly as to real time, the suspension animations are not 1:1 to what happened in real-time, and more). Adding in more data (fidelity) for the replays will make them smoother and closer to what really happened during the real-time race.

OddTimer
03-03-2017, 15:12
Currently not all of the physics data is exported to the replays for pCARS1. This makes the replays appear not as smooth as other titles and also looses some of the sensations that happened during the race (i.e. there are no turbo/tire sounds, the steering angle on the cars are not exactly as to real time, the suspension animations are not 1:1 to what happened in real-time, and more). Adding in more data (fidelity) for the replays will make them smoother and closer to what really happened during the real-time race.

That sounds cool. The only downside will be the Scorpio which should have hardware to run replays at 60fps.

Mascot
03-03-2017, 15:12

Aha - I thought you were talking purely about graphical fidelity. So having 60fps replays borks the physics and the audio? That's quite surprising to learn.

Any chance of 60fps replays being investigated for the Pro/Scorpio versions then? PC1 replays are much, much improved on the PS Pro. Close to perfect, in fact.

Mahjik
03-03-2017, 15:34
That sounds cool. The only downside will be the Scorpio which should have hardware to run replays at 60fps.

Aha - I thought you were talking purely about graphical fidelity. So having 60fps replays borks the physics and the audio? That's quite surprising to learn.

Any chance of 60fps replays being investigated for the Pro/Scorpio versions then? PC1 replays are much, much improved on the PS Pro. Close to perfect, in fact.

I cannot comment yet on other areas that will be improved, but I will just say that you won't notice the fps with all the other enhancements coming for the replays. ;)

As for Scorpio/PS4 Pro, I haven't seen much on the console side of things to be able to comment. That will likely have to be information from SMS when they are ready to discuss opening.

Mascot
03-03-2017, 19:03
I cannot comment yet on other areas that will be improved, but I will just say that you won't notice the fps with all the other enhancements coming for the replays. ;)

I wish that was true but I know for sure it won't be. I'm one of those unfortunates that are hypersensitive to frame rates. I have friends that simple cannot tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, the jammy buggers.

BigAlex
03-03-2017, 19:24
will the game save my history (tracks, lap times, dates, weather conditions)? Will it save setups in a way you can load different saved setups per track and car?

Sankyo
04-03-2017, 08:40
I wish that was true but I know for sure it won't be. I'm one of those unfortunates that are hypersensitive to frame rates. I have friends that simple cannot tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, the jammy buggers.

I'd say that your friends are the odd ones, ANYONE can see the difference between 30 and 60 FPS if shown a side-by-side comparison :)

Anyway, no clear answer yet for PS4 Pro but it looks like Sony is dictating this move.
On the other hand, with the extra headroom due to 30 FPS, the devs can use the complete bag of tricks to make replays look awesome. I'm prepared to bet that you'll take the hi-fi 30 FPS replays over the current 60 FPS replays once you see them :)

Fanapryde
04-03-2017, 08:51
I'd say that your friends are the odd ones, ANYONE can see the difference between 30 and 60 FPS if shown a side-by-side comparison :)
As long as it is in the same game.
With my Nvidia GTX 980 TI powering three 27" 144 Hz monitors, FPS can drop as low as like 40 (depending on graphics settings, weather, track and number of cars) in pCars and still be playable (while I have most graphics settings at Max and Ultra.
Driving in rF2 with 40 FPS is stuttering like hell. Mostly happens when the field is very close together and FPS (can go as low as 30 FPS) augments when the field gets spread a bit. But even in practice with only one car I don't get the high FPS that pCars delivers.
Just wanted to say that 40 FPS in one game is not the same as 40 FPS in another. I don' know why that is (engine ?)

breyzipp
04-03-2017, 09:48
I honestly think a lot depends on your TV as well. I have 2 TVs and as long as I don't have a Scorpio yet I have to fysically my XBox from one room to the other. :) But, for 30 FPS games (for example like FH2) the slower framerate annoys me a bit on my older TV but it doesn't bother me at all on my newer TV. That older one (50") is plasma and from 2009, the newer 65" is SUHD LED from 2015. I'm not a TV techie but I would say my newer TV does some processing on the incoming signal as well to remove the flickering effect of 30 FPS.

So even for the same game on 30 FPS, it might be more noticable on one setup than on another.

Mascot
04-03-2017, 12:38

Anyway, no clear answer yet for PS4 Pro but it looks like Sony is dictating this move.
On the other hand, with the extra headroom due to 30 FPS, the devs can use the complete bag of tricks to make replays look awesome. I'm prepared to bet that you'll take the hi-fi 30 FPS replays over the current 60 FPS replays once you see them :)

There's only one way to solve this : show us some replays!
:P

Schadows
04-03-2017, 18:33
Aha - I thought you were talking purely about graphical fidelity. So having 60fps replays borks the physics and the audio? That's quite surprising to learn.That's probably the opposite. They had to lower the physics and audio data to process, in order to "maintain" a 60fps replays (TV cam probably heavier on the system showing more things than the playable cams).

Well, I already gave my opinion on GTP, but i'm all for it.
Most of racing events on TV are still brodcasted in 30fps, and have been for most of my life. Aiming at high fidelity replays should be aiming at a "closer to tv brodcast" rendering.
If we have to choose between more realistic car behavior & sounds + eye candy in replays, or 60fps, I would choose the former.
Obvisouly, if both can be reached at the same time, that would be the best ^^

Mascot
04-03-2017, 19:28
Most of racing events on TV are still brodcasted in 30fps, and have been for most of my life. Aiming at high fidelity replays should be aiming at a "closer to tv brodcast" rendering.
If we have to choose between more realistic car behavior & sounds + eye candy in replays, or 60fps, I would choose the former.
Obvisouly, if both can be reached at the same time, that would be the best ^^

You simply cannot compare 30fps TV broadcasts with 30fps videogame footage. It's an argument almost as old as gaming itself.

Ian Bell
05-03-2017, 03:08
You simply cannot compare 30fps TV broadcasts with 30fps videogame footage. It's an argument almost as old as gaming itself.

Depends how good your motion blur is :)

Mascot
05-03-2017, 08:15
Depends how good your motion blur is :)

Yep, that's what it's all about - digitally simulating the way video and film cameras capture natural motion blur. It's a bit of a Holy Grail in game development, I believe. Should we start calling you Indiana Bell..? :P

amazed
05-03-2017, 10:44
Yep, that's what it's all about - digitally simulating the way video and film cameras capture natural motion blur. It's a bit of a Holy Grail in game development, I believe. Should we start calling you Indiana Bell..? :P

Never trust a Wookiee with a bullwhip.....

Mascot
06-03-2017, 08:58
Never trust a Wookiee with a bullwhip.....

Ian Bell
10-03-2017, 07:05

I was the eye candy in that film.

Chimildo
10-03-2017, 09:35
Sort of related, who is the American? Is it yorkie?

Bealdor
10-03-2017, 09:40

Nope.

Mascot
10-03-2017, 10:06
I honestly think a lot depends on your TV as well. I have 2 TVs and as long as I don't have a Scorpio yet I have to fysically my XBox from one room to the other. :) But, for 30 FPS games (for example like FH2) the slower framerate annoys me a bit on my older TV but it doesn't bother me at all on my newer TV. That older one (50") is plasma and from 2009, the newer 65" is SUHD LED from 2015. I'm not a TV techie but I would say my newer TV does some processing on the incoming signal as well to remove the flickering effect of 30 FPS.

So even for the same game on 30 FPS, it might be more noticable on one setup than on another.

My eyes were opened to this just last night. I installed a new Samsung UHD set for my parents last night and the motion processing was incredible. It was toned down from that godawful soap-opera effect from a couple of years ago and looked incredibly natural. Certainly made normal TV and sports broadcasts a lot smoother, but in a nicely natural way. I guess it doesn't work quite as well for games (or is even turned off completely in Game Mode) but might be why some people claim they can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, or at least say 30fps is subjectively 'fine'.

I'm determined to squeeze another year out of my 4k Pioneer plasma before upgrading but holy hell, that set was lovely.

It's possible to work it out if u look carefully.

cluck
10-03-2017, 10:12
I was the eye candy in that film.You played C3PO? Then who played Chewbacca?

amazed
10-03-2017, 15:08
The Samsung UHD sets are lovely....:p

Schadows
10-03-2017, 23:39
Sort of related, who is the American? Is it yorkie?Nope.Strange, The_American said (about radio message) : It's a bit more imminent and he (well I) says more generic messages like "crash ahead, stay left". (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-26#post-11738560)

Isn't Ben Colins english? was it a trick?

c172fccc
11-03-2017, 00:58
Strange, The_American said (about radio message) : It's a bit more imminent and he (well I) says more generic messages like "crash ahead, stay left". (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-26#post-11738560)

The_American is not Ben Collins. The_American is doing the voice of the Spotter: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-47#post-11710184

RacingAtHome
11-03-2017, 01:20
Strange, The_American said (about radio message) : It's a bit more imminent and he (well I) says more generic messages like "crash ahead, stay left". (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-26#post-11738560)

An actual American would suit a spotter as they're usually in Sato's Race Engineer or American racing.

Ben Collins is English. Yes.

Blind Jesus
11-03-2017, 06:48
I don't have a GT planet account, but I'd love for someone to ask if there will be more robust lobby details. It's really annoying to join a server, and having to wait ~10 seconds for the race details(damage, start style, ghosted cars, default setups, lap info, etc.) to slowly flip though in a small little window. Most of us are running 1080p+ monitors/TV's, why can't all the relevant info be displayed to you at once?

Edit:Additionally, it would be nice if all that info plus weather would show up in the loading screen when you are going from lobby to race

RomKnight
11-03-2017, 13:34
I don't have a GT planet account, but I'd love for someone to ask if there will be more robust lobby details. It's really annoying to join a server, and having to wait ~10 seconds for the race details(damage, start style, ghosted cars, default setups, lap info, etc.) to slowly flip though in a small little window. Most of us are running 1080p+ monitors/TV's, why can't all the relevant info be displayed to you at once?

Edit:Additionally, it would be nice if all that info plus weather would show up in the loading screen when you are going from lobby to race

As you can read here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/esports.html) and here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/onlinechampionships.html) there's a huge focus for MP.

I think you need to worry not.

Mascot
12-03-2017, 08:00

Info windows that cycle are the work of Satan.

They are a bad solution to a self-created problem.

Schadows
12-03-2017, 19:19
Strange ...

No offline championships at this time guys. I brought up the idea to "fill w/AI" the online championships but it is something we/SMS only briefly discussed. Mandatory pitstop is available offline.

I was honestly thinking that, with online championship confirmed, the offline version would be a sure thing, especially since it was one of the first requested big feature in the 1st game (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32381-Custom-championships-a-question), on this forum.
Well, it could still be a mistake (The_American did said local weather wouldn't be in the game before realizing it was his mistake), or it still could happen later after release (finger crossed)

Konan
12-03-2017, 19:38
Just understand that it being "the most requested feature" doesn't mean it's easy/cost effective/whatever to implement...
As we all know Pcars as well as Pcars2 is a community based development game so i'm sure every "wish" has been taken into consideration and if it doesn't "make the cut" you can be sure it's for a very legitimate reason...

Mascot
13-03-2017, 08:10
Just understand that it being "the most requested feature" doesn't mean it's easy/cost effective/whatever to implement...
As we all know Pcars as well as Pcars2 is a community based development game so i'm sure every "wish" has been taken into consideration and if it doesn't "make the cut" you can be sure it's for a very legitimate reason...

Yeah, but on the face of it an offline championship seems like a pretty straightforward thing to implement (to my untrained non-dev eye), but would add massive replay value to the game.

It's omission in pCARS 2 might be seen as a little.. odd. Especially when lots of other improvements are being addressed. It really would be quite conspicuous by its absence.

Edit: fair bit of back-and-forth on this now, with some encouraging news from Ian. Check the Q&A.

Schadows
13-03-2017, 11:06
As Mascot said, I find it "just" odd. I probably won't use this feature anyway (I only plan to use quick race and career mode in SP).
I completely understood that if it was that simple, it would have been added to pcars1, and I would probably not be surprised to see this feature still missing in pcars2 if that wasn't for it online counterpart being included.

That being said, it seems all hope is not lost for those who are waiting for it from what Mascot is saying by pointing to the Q&A (I don't have access to GTP from work u__u)

Mascot
13-03-2017, 11:12
That being said, it seems all hope is not lost for those who are waiting for it from what Mascot is saying by pointing to the Q&A (I don't have access to GTP from work u__u)

Ian basically said he wants offline custom championships and will now make sure it's on the list of priorities.

GenBrien
13-03-2017, 12:52
I would not mind doing only career championships if the weather was ramdom each time

Bealdor
13-03-2017, 13:17
I would not mind doing only career championships if the weather was ramdom each time

From GTP Q&A:

Had a chat with the guys about, agree it's a weakness and will _attempt_ to add some reasonable variability to career weather to enhance replay value for a single event.

GenBrien
13-03-2017, 13:20
nice thx
must've missed it.

Anyway, so much new/improved features so far in PCARS2 and I'm sure we'll know more about Career SMSoon

cxMilk
13-03-2017, 19:27
Yeah, but on the face of it an offline championship seems like a pretty straightforward thing to implement (to my untrained non-dev eye), but would add massive replay value to the game.

It's omission in pCARS 2 might be seen as a little.. odd. Especially when lots of other improvements are being addressed. It really would be quite conspicuous by its absence.

Edit: fair bit of back-and-forth on this now, with some encouraging news from Ian. Check the Q&A.
I noticed he also mentioned the career mode is going to be far more detailed than PC1's, so I'm eager to see what that entails.

As an offline player, all I race is career mode with the occasional one off QRW just so I can race a car or track I enjoy or even try something I've never tried before. I think career mode is great in PC1, however, I've been wanting to string custom races together that run car/track setups that are either rare in career or flat out don't exist. But then I have to spreadsheet everything and use an alphabetical format or something equally loony to handle the always rotating cast of characters every race. The reality is, that's not much work, but it does put a damper on attempting custom championships in PC1 since it's, well not really a championship but more of a workaround.

I'm certain I'll spend most of my time in career mode in PC2 as well, but I know for sure offline custom championships would keep me glued to the game even longer. I don't think custom championships should be viewed as some sort of deterrent - as something that's going to keep offline players from playing the career mode. Players who are into playing career modes are going to continue playing the career mode whether custom championships exist or not. However, custom championships are a fantastic way to augment the offline single player experience. It would add endless replay value especially considering the career mode is inherently finite (trophies, accolades etc.) - unless in PC2 they've managed to find a way where it isn't?

Mascot
14-03-2017, 08:15
^^ Well said.

seb02
14-03-2017, 17:59
The_American spoke of using the custom championship online and filling it with AI. This can be a good alternative. The only concern I see is the limit of the number of AIs. Indeed, currently the number is limited to 16 on PS4 in any case. If the number reaches 20 or 22, it seems to me that this could be interesting.

hkraft300
14-03-2017, 22:16
The_American spoke of using the custom championship online and filling it with AI. This can be a good alternative. The only concern I see is the limit of the number of AIs. Indeed, currently the number is limited to 16 on PS4 in any case. If the number reaches 20 or 22, it seems to me that this could be interesting.

Would the same AI "characters" carry through from race to race if you set an online championship? I'd hope so. My (very) few career and qrw races showed some AI definitely stand out. AI Remco kicks my arse every time.

cxMilk
15-03-2017, 05:31
Which could bring up an interesting point - how would that affect your online credentials given PC2 is going to have some fancy licensing now? Would it not apply to races stacked with AI drivers? In theory, wouldn't people be able to game the system by running a bunch of short races against the AI then?

honespc
27-03-2017, 12:28
On dedicated servers there should not be a problem up to 22 or so cars. However, for the rest of the servers we make, p2p, 8 cars should be max.

hkraft300
27-03-2017, 13:07
1. On dedicated servers there should not be a problem up to 22 or so cars.
2. However, for the rest of the servers we make, p2p, 8 cars should be max.

1. So hardware and bandwidth limitations are negligible?
2. Why?

I'm no expert. Are you? If so, please enlighten us.

honespc
27-03-2017, 15:50
If so, please enlighten us.only if you promise me you are not butthurt, yet

hkraft300
27-03-2017, 21:48
only if you promise me you are not butthurt, yet

:applause:

Nice one.

GenBrien
13-04-2017, 20:29
should be stickied

GenBrien
06-06-2017, 15:06
again some great answers by Ian :D

Konan
06-06-2017, 16:35
should be stickied

Stuck it is then...:cool:

Mad Al
04-09-2017, 10:50

There is a new system where clicking any server brings up a page showing all the info you need on server settings, including length of each session, restrictions and full weather info, car classes, etc. etc.

luti1976
14-09-2017, 13:33
When can I download it on Steam?

Sankyo
14-09-2017, 13:43
September 22nd.

3800racingfool
14-09-2017, 14:20
Really? There's no pre-load period? Well that blows. It's going to take me 3 days to DL this thing I was hoping I could have it ready to launch by the release date. :(

Mahjik
14-09-2017, 14:25
Really? There's no pre-load period? Well that blows. It's going to take me 3 days to DL this thing I was hoping I could have it ready to launch by the release date. :(

No one knows, at least at this time.

honespc
16-09-2017, 12:18
Really? There's no pre-load period? Well that blows. It's going to take me 3 days to DL this thing I was hoping I could have it ready to launch by the release date. :(Three days?

3800racingfool
16-09-2017, 13:06
Three days?

Mmhmm. When you live in the middle of bum**** nowhere, downloading 50GB worth of game is a process.

snipeme77
16-09-2017, 20:00
Mmhmm. When you live in the middle of bum**** nowhere, downloading 50GB worth of game is a process.

I feel the pain, even with the disk it's going to take a week to download, especially if there's a patch...

ronok
17-09-2017, 07:37

With my crappy internet speed it will take forever to download 50GB.

breyzipp
17-09-2017, 08:35
I have my own Q&A question. :)

For the cars that have multiple aero setups, for example Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Endurance, or Sauber C9 and Sauber C9 LM, or the Nissan IMSA GTX vs Le Mans version, or Indycar road course vs oval aero package. If you start a championship with these cars (career or custom multiplayer), is it possible to change to the alternative car within the championship?

Kingleo
19-09-2017, 13:25
Ian is currently singing and playing Hotel california LIVE on youtube... I think Pcars2 has broke him :)

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2OKUrbh-w

Kingleo
19-09-2017, 13:29
now its U2 lol

Roger Prynne
19-09-2017, 16:50
Well it had to be U2 didn't it (Irish)

Ben Collins
19-09-2017, 17:10
Ian is currently singing and playing Hotel california LIVE on youtube... I think Pcars2 has broke him :)

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2OKUrbh-w

Just great listening to Ian's passion - that and a ton of hard work from all the members and staff has made this the best project i've ever worked on. I think we can be incredibly proud of making something that is head and shoulders beyond anything else out there. Sing away!

Roger Prynne
19-09-2017, 17:25
Well put Ben, I couldn't agree more.

gregc
19-09-2017, 18:14
Just great listening to Ian's passion - that and a ton of hard work from all the members and staff has made this the best project i've ever worked on. I think we can be incredibly proud of making something that is head and shoulders beyond anything else out there. Sing away!

I'll drink to that.

Daynja
19-09-2017, 18:38
I'll drink to that.

Me too (opens a can of old speckled hen)

RacingAtHome
19-09-2017, 19:10

Agreed Sacked Stig. ;)

I noticed the exact same thing with Andy Tudor when he nudges the competition and talks about esports and Rod Chong when he talks about cars. The passion is unbelievable.

breyzipp
19-09-2017, 19:33
Agreed Sacked Stig. ;)

I noticed the exact same thing with Andy Tudor when he nudges the competition and talks about esports and Rod Chong when he talks about cars. The passion is unbelievable.

Ron Chong in that dev stream was so great, passion for the "machines" all over the place. ;)

RacingAtHome
19-09-2017, 20:15
Ron Chong in that dev stream was so great, passion for the "machines" all over the place. ;)

Absolutely. That's exactly what I meant. He could have talked about the cars for that whole hour and I wouldn't have minded one bit.

breyzipp
19-09-2017, 21:10
What Ian said about the DLC! <3

And indeed classic Le Mans and cars that fit that theme :)

Schadows
20-09-2017, 07:49
I watched the first 10 minutes, and while it was entertaining (that song d(^_~ )), funny and instructive about Ian (background, spoken languages, girl friends >__<), it didn't reveal anything that much related to the game. And then I saw the video length and gave up since I hadn't the time to watch such a long video.

Could someone summarize to information relevant to pcars, please?

RacingAtHome
20-09-2017, 13:18
I watched the first 10 minutes, and while it was entertaining (that song d(^_~ )), funny and instructive about Ian (background, spoken languages, girl friends >__<), it didn't reveal anything that much related to the game. And then I saw the video length and gave up since I hadn't the time to watch such a long video.

Could someone summarize to information relevant to pcars, please?

Film based franchise announced next week.

Project CARS Go (Mobile game) announced and released sometime.

Would like to split the series into Rally and Tarmac racing

Classic Le Mans in DLC

One pack is mainly Ferrari

That's what I can remember.

VelvetTorpedo
20-09-2017, 13:20
here is a timestamp breakdown:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51330-The-Interview-you-shouldnt-miss&p=1355548&viewfull=1#post1355548

breyzipp
20-09-2017, 13:26

Classic Le Mans in DLC

Any link to where he says that?

RacingAtHome
20-09-2017, 13:43

I can't remember where and it's 7 hours long! But I remember he said it.

Schadows
20-09-2017, 14:47

Classic Le Mans in DLC

http://i.bittwiddlers.org/K7G.gif

Roger Prynne
20-09-2017, 15:35
Serious :eagerness:

Schadows
21-09-2017, 09:57
Well, can't be worse than the NFS movie. Just hope it will be about a driver's career >__<
Couldn't care less about a mobile game (most of these require an internet connexion now and the only time I can play on my phone would be during transportation from home to work and vice versa ... but Paris' metro is ,mostly underground without any signal).

Frankly, I would be disappointed if RallyCross was removed from the game. I would completely understand if there was another game about rally as a whole, but close dogfight like in rallycross have a perfect place in project cars (and I'm not sure I would buy another racing game just for the rallycross since I don't care about solo rally races).

Quite surprised about having another Ferrari batch of cars. Sure there are plenty to choose from (was puzzle not to see the FXX K), but the choice were already well made. I won't complain though >__<

FACT0RY PIL0T
03-10-2017, 01:51
Curious do you have any deep trail brakers or brake dragers on staff? Im sure you know what I mean. It just seems to me the constant build in things these days is overly heat ramp up or sensitive rears. Im sure you remember me from past events in Formula A comunity battles, and im not just refering to this car specific. I know about setups and various cars which do not like to much this or that in real life in this department im talking about. I just feel there is still a lot of work missing in this area, and only thing I havent invested time with is making my own external work around with pedal setup to try and eliminate what Im trying to gain. Also on a note I've experienced everything im talking about even with getting the rears to run ice cold to try and help with the issues.

Thanks for your time

BL1TZ_U
02-11-2017, 13:28
When are Sms actually gonna release a patch that solves the issues that the game has had since day 1

Roger Prynne
02-11-2017, 13:51
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55676-Any-idea-what-next-patch-will-cover

Darkdoc
06-11-2017, 02:28
I would be disappointed if RallyCross was removed from the game. I would completely understand if there was another game about rally as a whole, but close dogfight like in rallycross have a perfect place in project cars (and I'm not sure I would buy another racing game just for the rallycross since I don't care about solo rally races
Yeah, the lack of RX was the reason I did not by the first PC game. I would not buy PC3 if this was the case.

Markspeed
19-11-2017, 20:56

Monza resides inside an Italian National park. It's protected.

Jetsun
14-01-2018, 21:41
can't post link as a rookie but see post #172, plenty to see :)