PDA

View Full Version : assigning buttons !

Leonardo Da Vinci
18-02-2017, 00:53
Just rearranged a few buttons om my G29 an now getting the message "Not all required controls are assigned, Please assign these before continuing" Would be helpful if I was told WHAT I NEEDED TO CHANGE or WHAT ARE THE "REQUIRED CONTROLS" as I can't get out of it ! AND I'M NOT A DAMN MIND READER !!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the rant but I want to be playing this EXCELLENT game but keep coming across ridiculous things like this that take more time to solve than they should ! any help would be appreciated as I don't want to just exit the game an possibly lose all my assigned buttons :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SCClockDr
18-02-2017, 02:47
Sorry you are having troubles. I believe hitting the options button will bail you out of your predicament. Then return to the assignment screen and exit as normal to save.

Be aware you may be missing a critical assignment which will hamper your driving if say the upshift button got wiped by mistake. There is a real reason PCars is refusing to cooperate.

Leonardo Da Vinci
18-02-2017, 04:11
Thank you George, In the end I just pressed the PS button ( I (come in peace) from xbox so everything is new to me atm Re PS4 etc) went an played Drive club for a bit, came back and I had lost the changes I'd made so went about doing one change then saving, another etc, an it appears to be an issue with the "look back" button not being assigned ! why on earth it can't highlight which button needs to be assigned is beyond me but Pcars seems to have tried to run before they could walk, Hats off to sms for having the Nuts to attempt a sim that includes consoles BUT there seems to be a SERIOUS lack of the most basic of instructions and surely if they had spent more time on the many annoying little things like this instead of the million different options to set up your car (we're not all engineers !) I think it wouldn't have put so many people off, That said IF the devs listen to and apply the feed back given, they can only end up making the best, most popular driving sim around, I for one hope they do ! anyway thanks again George :encouragement:

Konan
18-02-2017, 11:43
You can assign any button where you like.
There's a workaround in this thread if you still need it..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41164-Controller-button-assignment-not-working

Leonardo Da Vinci
18-02-2017, 19:10
Thanks Konan, I haven't bothered trying again but will check out the link. I don't suppose you could run through a couple of things I'm having difficulties with sometime when you're online ? as I've mentioned I've come from xbox and I'm pretty isolated where I am so don't know anyone with PCars on PS4 and the simple things like knowing about lobbies, Chat etc is proving more difficult than I thought, (I don't mean to sound like a sad ol Billy no mates lol) but it wouldn't take long to get the basics an I can start racing online regularly and expand my racing Buddies :courage: I can fit in with whenever is convenient for you. If not that's cool an no worries, I'm Mika-Minion on psn if anyone wants to take pity on this lil fledgling :rolleyes:

Konan
18-02-2017, 22:40
Sorry mate...i never play online.
But i'm sure those who do will try and help you out...

Roger Prynne
19-02-2017, 01:44
Thanks Konan, I haven't bothered trying again but will check out the link. I don't suppose you could run through a couple of things I'm having difficulties with sometime when you're online ? as I've mentioned I've come from xbox and I'm pretty isolated where I am so don't know anyone with PCars on PS4 and the simple things like knowing about lobbies, Chat etc is proving more difficult than I thought, (I don't mean to sound like a sad ol Billy no mates lol) but it wouldn't take long to get the basics an I can start racing online regularly and expand my racing Buddies :courage: I can fit in with whenever is convenient for you. If not that's cool an no worries, I'm Mika-Minion on psn if anyone wants to take pity on this lil fledgling :rolleyes:

Perhaps ask in one of the thrads here.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

Leonardo Da Vinci
19-02-2017, 18:32
Sorry mate...i never play online.
But i'm sure those who do will try and help you out...
No worries Konan, I'll get there. on xbox it was easy as I had no probs re communication so just asked when racing, with PS4 I can't even get the damn mike to function in lobbies so it's frustrating for me and anyone who maybe trying to communicate with me that I can't hear :confusion::dispirited:, I know It'll all good in the end :encouragement:

Leonardo Da Vinci
19-02-2017, 18:35
Perhaps ask in one of the thrads here.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

Thanks Roger, will have a look an see if there's an appropriate place to look or post.

aleph99
19-02-2017, 20:44
I have the Xbox version and I've faced the same problem. The only way to get out of the loop is to reset the whole thing. Apparently the button mapping screen is there just for show, not to be used.

lancashirelad
21-02-2017, 00:27
I have a cheap usb keyboard attached to my seat frame and have assigned some buttons to my wheel and the rest to the keyboard. I have all the buttons assigned and can even move my seat up/down / forward/backward while driving ( not recommended while driving through eau rouge)

Leonardo Da Vinci
21-02-2017, 17:29
I have a cheap usb keyboard attached to my seat frame and have assigned some buttons to my wheel and the rest to the keyboard. I have all the buttons assigned and can even move my seat up/down / forward/backward while driving ( not recommended while driving through eau rouge)
Thanks mate that's a great idea, didn't think that was possible an I will deffo be picking me up a cheapo keyboard :eagerness: I'm like a very frustrated fat kid looking in the cake shop window, so many things I wanna try (different cars, set ups, learn new tracks...........) :confused: I see you're PS4, so if you've got any more gems like that please let me know either on here or PSN :encouragement: PS, I think the only thing you CAN do through eau rouge is hope & pray !

Konan
21-02-2017, 18:53
I think the only thing you CAN do through eau rouge is hope & pray !

...but what a rush if you nail it...:cool:

lancashirelad
21-02-2017, 22:05
Have you tried crew chief? Available through android store. Great app that gives loads more information than the regular pit crew. I use it will a nexus 7 but can be used on a phone etc.

Leonardo Da Vinci
22-02-2017, 07:06
...but what a rush if you nail it...:cool:
I can only imagine what it must be like to experience that, a real "Squeaky Bum" experience :eek-new:

Leonardo Da Vinci
22-02-2017, 07:13
Have you tried crew chief? Available through android store. Great app that gives loads more information than the regular pit crew. I use it will a nexus 7 but can be used on a phone etc.
I had look at it but I haven't got my tablet back yet :rolleyes: got the PcarsTT app for my phone tho, :D

Python-Five
22-02-2017, 07:51
I have the Xbox version and I've faced the same problem. The only way to get out of the loop is to reset the whole thing. Apparently the button mapping screen is there just for show, not to be used.

I have the PS4 version and I've faced the same problem. The only way to get out of the loop is to... understand that the 'square', 'triangle', 'circle' and 'cross' buttons MUST BE ASSIGNED TO SOMETHING...

Leonardo Da Vinci
22-02-2017, 19:00
TRUE. So it wouldn't be difficult to put that that on the page :rolleyes: