PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial mode

Kf1Robi
19-02-2017, 09:24
Hi! I had a problem in time trial mode with ghost cars. At the end of the lap the ghost car was in my mirror, but my lap time was slower than ghost car's lap time. How is this possible? :)

Anyone experienced something like that?

I think there are also issues with the "potential best time" feature. It goes unrealistic some time...

blinkngone
27-02-2017, 14:34
I might not have the same set up as you but in time trial mode only my fastest(penalty free) lap time for that session shows up. When I beat my selected ghost car and still have a slower time it's because I got a penalty somewhere on the lap so only my fastest penalty free lap time will show up. Sometimes it's hard to notice the penalty flash up when you are focused on driving because some penalties show only briefly and some don't show until you are way past the actual penalty occurrence (delayed). I can usually find the penalty when I view the replay although I don't necessarily agree. Also, I don't have a "potential best time" feature although I think it would be helpful if I did. I use the telemetry HUD and don't know how to enable this.

inthebagbud
28-02-2017, 05:03
Hi! I had a problem in time trial mode with ghost cars. At the end of the lap the ghost car was in my mirror, but my lap time was slower than ghost car's lap time. How is this possible? :)

Anyone experienced something like that?

I think there are also issues with the "https://youtu.be/5l9XRNvJNPg" feature. It goes unrealistic some time...

The potential time includes off track times as well so a cut track incident which gives a massive advantage will be included in the calculation. It has been discussed way back when but trying to find now will take some doing , you may find with a search under my name

Alfisti
28-02-2017, 13:58
I give up on time trial, i do laps that I KNOW are "cut" free and I have not received a penalty notice yet i would say my times actually show up on the board maybe 30% of the time, it's ridiculous.

This is what worries me about PCars2, they seem to want to make the game "bigger" which is what hurt Gran Turismo, just fix the navigation, the timing, the data, the setting saving etc ... it's such a freakin mess.

blinkngone
28-02-2017, 14:50
Alfisti, sorry you are having problems. I probably have over 3,000 TT laps recorded on the Leaderboard by now and some have 5,000. The only time I have a lap time problem is when I have a connection problem with my modem. Sometimes I just have to unplug the modem and let it reboot to get it working.

Alfisti
28-02-2017, 16:21
The whole game is kooky. I really love it but damn.

For time trial you need to fully exit to save a new setting for your car via the garage, it's SOOOOOO annoying. You never really know what setting has loaded, there's no timing overlay, there's so much confusion with navigation and the structure of the game. Forget more tracks and cars just fix what we have guys.

Mahjik
28-02-2017, 18:11
The whole game is kooky. I really love it but damn.

For time trial you need to fully exit to save a new setting for your car via the garage, it's SOOOOOO annoying. You never really know what setting has loaded, there's no timing overlay, there's so much confusion with navigation and the structure of the game. Forget more tracks and cars just fix what we have guys.

A lot of that is happening along with new tracks/cars. The 3D artists and physics developers aren't the same people who do GUI work and other programming so it's not like stopping those tasks help other areas.

Alfisti
01-03-2017, 13:24
A lot of that is happening along with new tracks/cars. The 3D artists and physics developers aren't the same people who do GUI work and other programming so it's not like stopping those tasks help other areas.

Hey great if it is but here is only so much cash to go around.

Mahjik
02-03-2017, 02:04
Hey great if it is but here is only so much cash to go around.

Developers don't work for free...

hkraft300
02-03-2017, 03:51
I give up on time trial, i do laps that I KNOW are "cut" free and I have not received a penalty notice yet i would say my times actually show up on the board maybe 30% of the time, it's ridiculous.

Because you have to set 2 clean laps. 1 fast, 1 whatever, but there has to be 2 clean laps to post a time.
That's worked for me without fail.

konnos
02-03-2017, 07:41
Oh really, I didn't know that... I do more laps anyway, so i never thought about it!

hkraft300
02-03-2017, 12:46
There's also sometimes a delay. Mine has taken up to 20 minutes to show, but that could just be a psn thing.

Alfisti
02-03-2017, 13:36
Because you have to set 2 clean laps. 1 fast, 1 whatever, but there has to be 2 clean laps to post a time.

Really? Man when i am going 10/10th it's tough to string two together!!

Alfisti
02-03-2017, 13:39
Developers don't work for free...

That's my point, so pay em to fix the problems before you pay them to add stuff.

Mahjik
02-03-2017, 13:53
That's my point, so pay em to fix the problems before you pay them to add stuff.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. At the end of the day, SMS is a business. They have people depending on them to put food on their tables and roofs over their families' heads. As such, there are certain business decisions that need to be made to keep those things happening. They may not be popular decisions within the communities, but those are decisions that have to be made so there can be a pCARS2, or 3 or 4.

Mad Al
02-03-2017, 18:11

Nope.. it should work without that... but I will say, I normally go around to the first timing point on a second lap..

hkraft300
02-03-2017, 20:07
Really? Man when i am going 10/10th it's tough to string two together!!

1 fast lap that you're happy with. The next one just cruise along. Take in the scenery.
The game is full of interesting details and touches that we miss at 10/10ths.
It's only a few weeks ago I noticed the front inside wheel pod of the Oreca. One of the liveries has the #keepfightingmichael written on it. Neat.

Nope.. it should work without that... but I will say, I normally go around to the first timing point on a second lap..

Should. But doesn't. Could be a PlayStation thing.

Mad Al
02-03-2017, 20:18
Should. But doesn't. Could be a PlayStation thing.

Ah, forgot you were a peasant ;)

(that's a gentle leg pull and nothing more)

hkraft300
02-03-2017, 20:35
Ah, forgot you were a peasant ;)

Sorry mister I have 3 gaming PCs :p
You have to realise I have a wife, politics is a dirty business and I have to factor the cost of the bribe into my budget for toys :rolleyes:

konnos
03-03-2017, 08:32
Get her a vacuum cleaner or a duster (if you are cheap) to sweeten the deal (or earn yourself a month's sleep on the couch).

hkraft300
03-03-2017, 11:12
Get her a vacuum cleaner or a duster (if you are cheap) to sweeten the deal (or earn yourself a month's sleep on the couch).

I wish it was that easy.
For example: I want psvr, but I have to buy a new TV for the lounge before she will approve. So psvr ~$500au + TV ~$1000au...
Fancy vacuum+duster won't cut it bruv!

RomKnight
03-03-2017, 11:13
Sell ps4+psvr :ahem: :p

Mad Al
03-03-2017, 11:36
I wish it was that easy.
For example: I want psvr, but I have to buy a new TV for the lounge before she will approve. So psvr ~$500au + TV ~$1000au...
Fancy vacuum+duster won't cut it bruv!

depends on how fancy the vacuum is...
http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/robot/dyson-360-eye.aspx
that's probably about $1300au.. that should buy a fair bit of give and take ;)

hkraft300
03-03-2017, 12:16
Lol
Marriage advice on a sim racing forum love it!
Believe me, I tried the Dyson trick. She wouldn't fall for it.
I'll keep the ps4 until pcars franchise outgrows it. Then it's a PC+VIVE/oc+Fanatec for sure. But for the money (I've had this discussion already), "build a real race car" she says.
So to get the PC+VR+Fanatec, first I'll have to build a track car, take her on track, scare the s*** out of her, then she'll force me to sell the track car and get back to sim racing.
See what I mean? There's a flip side to every coin :rolleyes:

RomKnight
03-03-2017, 12:22
Change the wife then :D :D :D

hkraft300
03-03-2017, 12:33
Change the wife then :D :D :D

I'll take my chances with this one. She doesn't say no, she just makes it a difficult yes lol
Be hard pressed to find another wife that'll say yes at all knowing my luck. Anyway, it's a test of patience and perseverance.

RomKnight
03-03-2017, 12:39
Just kidding mate. I also think the same way.

Imagine having to start everything all over again... no way :D

hkraft300
03-03-2017, 16:42
Just kidding mate. I also think the same way.

Imagine having to start everything all over again... no way :D

Hats off to the blokes with multiple wives/girlfriends.
Don't know how they do it. One woman is hard enough to handle lol

jimmyb_84
04-03-2017, 10:45
Hats off to the blokes with multiple wives/girlfriends.
Don't know how they do it. One woman is hard enough to handle lol

Hahaha!! Yes one women is enough, She got me playseat for christmas but it cost me a nintendo switch + Zelda. I'm having sweet talk for pedal upgrade and shifter. That will probably cost me new Mario and Splatoon.

Dakpilot
04-03-2017, 10:48
Lol
(I've had this discussion already), "build a real race car" she says.

Start out with 'honey you were right all along"

and start laying out your plans to build a real race car, by the time you have a good parts list (I have to get these special brakes for safety dear! etc.)

Club membership fees,proper training(you want me to be safe dear!) a year's track fee's (it saves money to pay for a whole year..) quality Helmet, fireproof racing suit,etc. Hans device, year supply of tyres and race fuel etc. etc.

By the time all that cost has been worked out (with her help) you will be well on the way to a divorce or perhaps the suggestion that your Sim racing hobby is maybe a lot cheaper and safer and you should go with that...and it will be her idea :cool:

EDIT: Holy Fork I just watched a youtube Vid and now the suggestions include "big racing brake kits" never looked at anything similar for years, nor has anything like that cropped up before...creepy

Cheers Dakpilot

VonSchwerin
04-03-2017, 15:22
Lol
Believe me, I tried the Dyson trick. She wouldn't fall for it.
I'll keep the ps4 until pcars franchise outgrows it. Then it's a PC+VIVE/oc+Fanatec for sure. But for the money (I've had this discussion already), "build a real race car" she says.
So to get the PC+VR+Fanatec, first I'll have to build a track car, take her on track, scare the s*** out of her, then she'll force me to sell the track car and get back to sim racing.
See what I mean? There's a flip side to every coin :rolleyes:

"Build a real racecar" !!!! Your a lucky guy!
Now we are talking, but she probably doesnt know what it costs.
My wife is so happy i dont do roadracing any more. She feels "so secure/safe" when im crashing on the computer instead of irl. Its so much cheaper that a OSW wheel seems like a bargain, she wont complain.

hkraft300
04-03-2017, 20:42
I don't do road racing any more either.
I have VW Polo 1.4L. Did a handbrake turn once. She nearly had a heart attack :D

moustace
04-03-2017, 20:57
Back to topic: I've seen that a lot of "quickest lap"-videos on youtube are from a 2 lap race where the 2nd lap is the quickest (like this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USgkcV07YU)). Is it easier to set a quick lap time during a race than in time trial?

hkraft300
05-03-2017, 06:57
Time trial has set conditions in the game for an even playing field. Some tracks you can set more favourable weather conditions for a better lap time (not in TT but in free practice or race).
Also in TT and races, depending on the car and track it can take a lap or 3 to get the tyres and brakes up to optimum temperatures.

VonSchwerin
05-03-2017, 07:06
Yes your right about that. Dubai was better for me in TT than in practise, for my settings. But i think its first time, usually its the other way around.