PDA

View Full Version : [pCARS2] Most exciting new feature

RacerDude
20-02-2017, 14:43
I know there are tons of stuff that hasn't' been announced but what are you most excited for in PCARS 2. My top 3 are Ovals, the live track 3.0 and manual pit stops (does anyone know if you'll have manual control coming to the green?)

What are your favorites so far?

Dakpilot
20-02-2017, 15:43
New tire model

Ian bell

"We have the world's first fully dynamic and real time tyre model shipped in a commercial game. There are no lookup tables, no Brush models, no Pacejka formulae... This is truly a next generation real time, live node based model. Our tyre model takes up two whole cores on the consoles. Ignore AI, contact, collisions, and anything else remotely tyre based, we're using that amount of horsepower for the base tyre simulation. "

along with new differential and other physics ( and environment ) upgrades, this will be the greatest/most exciting improvement if combined with better default wheel FFB settings and Controller settings

If these basics are good everything else, cars etc. can be built, added, patched on this foundation

Cheers Dakpilot

RacerDude
20-02-2017, 15:50
Yeah the tire model sounds awesome and from what I hear about the physics, it sounds like a big step in the right direction.

shiftee
20-02-2017, 16:29
live track 3.0 & additional weathers - I love SMS's attention to detail and focus on immersion. All these little things they include add up to a much bigger sense of immersion for the driver, it is so important yet so many developers don't bother and just stick with the basic minimum expected features and never try to push the boundaries (happens in all genres, not just racing). its why I can not wait for Pcars 2, the on the track feeling during races can not be beat.

FFB & physics - as much as I loved Pcars 1, these two definitely needed a little love. good to hear they have been addressed by all accounts. some cars I just had to stay away from. hopefully my old fanatec 911 turbo S is still supported and feels good on one of their 3 default settings, I had to jump through 7,643 different hoops to get it working well on the first one..

EHM
20-02-2017, 18:27
New E-Sports Focus
Online Racing License/Rating
New Race rules/Details/Features like manual pit stops and new penalty system (Really can't wait to see this)

Also Porsche, which is a reason in itself for me to buy the game.

breyzipp
20-02-2017, 23:12
My 3 favorite features in the game:

1) 60+ different locations (PCARS 1 had 35 so that's almost double!!!)
2) day/night cycle & dynamic weather + its effect on racing with live track 3.0
3) realistic immersion (this comes from a lot of aspects like the seasons, manual pitstops, manual rolling starts, animated pit crews, car sound improvements, improved penalty system, ...) - basically a lot shiftee already mentioned

TexasTyme214
20-02-2017, 23:37
The big push in making tracks come to life (Live Track 3.0, dynamic weather, dynamic seasons, and laser/drone scanning) is easily my favorite!

RomKnight
21-02-2017, 01:03
Livetrack will sure be the one thing people will probably be wow'ed about the most.

For me though, it's how all integrates together because of what I know and see SMS do (and I'm here since WMD opened basically).

SMS is not just doing a sim. It's their passion and why, again, they're pushing simracing forward, pioneering and pC2 will be a heck of a surprise in the genre ;)

honespc
21-02-2017, 06:48
let's hope the tyre model lives up to the tracklive thing, and each compound works as intended, as well as proper punish/overheating/bad performance for low pressure abusers

Diamond_Eyes
21-02-2017, 09:34
More tracks (locations)
Tire model
Physics/FFB
Live track 3.0
Online MP license

wolfscastle
21-02-2017, 09:45
1. More focus on Multiplayer, E-Sport, Live Streaming
2. Better Physics and FFB feeling
3. Tire Modell

Hopes an wishes:

1. better physical realistic damage modell
2. better online code and Spectator mode
3. Custom liveries/Skin Automatic Exchange
4. Realistic effect of environment (grass, sand)
A wet lawn must slip, do not brake, And in the sand you have
to be able to get stuck

Leper Messiah
21-02-2017, 09:50
For me it's the general spit and polish and tidying up. PCARS is an awesome game but had some issues related to lack of polish. Everything else is just a huge bonus and I can't wait!

Sankyo
21-02-2017, 09:50
1. better physical realistic damage modell
This is completely determined (and hence blocked) by the car manufacturers, so nothing SMS can do here (better damage modelling is basically available at the press of a button, but it's not allowed).

wolfscastle
21-02-2017, 10:03
Remco, I do not mean the optical damage model. But the realistic effect like a suspension damage,
Aero Damage. Just as iRacing, rFactor1 and 2, AC, Forza Motorsport and Automobilista, get quite
well implemented.

Here you have free hand as a developer, in which the car is noticeably damaged. Up to a total engine
damage as well as with RRE is possible. Or a gear damage due to incorrect use. Or I see that wrong?

That raises the claim, improves the drive and one is more careful, on the track in direct combat!

honespc
21-02-2017, 12:13
Well I think suspension and engine damage is already well represented in pc1. What I would like is to see, just like old good times (continental circus, colin mcrare games; toca; WRC games etc) is smoke and fire when engines are badly hit, and of course boduwork destruction (here is where manufactures screw us all big time since 2000 onward)

Can you guys that already play the game tell us whether the smoke generation when drifting has been improved?. Project cars smoke generation when drifting really is..., poor lol, ps2 days xD

OddTimer
21-02-2017, 12:26
Well I think suspension and engine damage is already well represented in pc1. What I would like is to see, just like old good times (continental circus, colin mcrare games; toca; WRC games etc) is smoke and fire when engines are badly hit, and of course boduwork destruction (here is where manufactures screw us all big time since 2000 onward)

Can you guys that already play the game tell us whether the smoke generation when drifting has been improved?. Project cars smoke generation when drifting really is..., poor lol, ps2 days xD

Do any new racing games (that carry official licences) offer smoke and fire damage? I don't think so...I don't think makes want to see their brands associated with fire.

Sankyo
21-02-2017, 12:38
Do any new racing games (that carry official licences) offer smoke and fire damage? I don't think so...I don't think makes want to see their brands associated with fire.

Exactly this. Car manufacturers are really restrictive in what you can show w.r.t. damage.

Dakpilot
21-02-2017, 13:10
Exactly this. Car manufacturers are really restrictive in what you can show w.r.t. damage.

I think most people are accepting of the manufactures restrictions, even though most don't necessarily agree with it,

However I think a point many try to say but it is never answered, is that, is it possible to have much more accurate damage represented but not perhaps fully graphically shown or needing fire/smoke

Pcars damage was very good, but in many situations I feel I was able to continue a race after collision or an off that IRL would have been a DNF/retirement

As there is already a choice in Damage ON/OFF how hard would it be to have an ULTRA setting even if this is not graphically shown would this still be part of Manufacturer embargo? to have more results/consequences of nudging the wall at +-200kmh on Bathurst mountain for example, in a lot of situations things are fine but many times I feel I can get away with more than real life

And just to re-iterate why tire model is most exciting :cool:

New tracks, no benefit if tire model <
New cars , no benefit if tire model <
Brilliant FFB and controls no good if tire model<
Best suspension physics no good if tire model <
Multiple tire compounds no good if tire model<
Fantastic werther and livetrack 3 no good if tire model <
Great multiplayer features, no use if tire model<

Cheers Dakpilot

morpwr
21-02-2017, 13:33

Which depending on how you look at it is kind of silly. Car manufacturers want people to think you can bounce their car off a wall at 150mph and drive away?:confused:

hkraft300
21-02-2017, 13:40
Maybe have really terrible suspension damage when you bash a wall at speed?
If SMS can't do fire and body parts flying, make the mechanical damage more punishing with engine and suspension failure :D

Bealdor
21-02-2017, 13:41
Which depending on how you look at it is kind of silly. Car manufacturers want people to think you can bounce their car off a wall at 150mph and drive away?:confused:

It's more like that they don't want you to do comparisons between different manufacturers ingame to try out in which car you'd die earlier...

RomKnight
21-02-2017, 14:03
Which is still stupid because... VIRTUAL :)

Unless rigs start using hammers to hurt the user when they crash :p

In any case, we have to live with it and better have it this way than nothing, right?

hkraft300
21-02-2017, 14:09
My wife does that anyway if I race while the to-do list is long :rolleyes:

morpwr
21-02-2017, 14:18
Which is still stupid because... VIRTUAL :)

Unless rigs start using hammers to hurt the user when they crash :p

In any case, we have to live with it and better have it this way than nothing, right?

We need real airbags:D

Sankyo
21-02-2017, 14:26
I think most people are accepting of the manufactures restrictions, even though most don't necessarily agree with it,

However I think a point many try to say but it is never answered, is that, is it possible to have much more accurate damage represented but not perhaps fully graphically shown or needing fire/smoke

Pcars damage was very good, but in many situations I feel I was able to continue a race after collision or an off that IRL would have been a DNF/retirement

As there is already a choice in Damage ON/OFF how hard would it be to have an ULTRA setting even if this is not graphically shown would this still be part of Manufacturer embargo? to have more results/consequences of nudging the wall at +-200kmh on Bathurst mountain for example, in a lot of situations things are fine but many times I feel I can get away with more than real life

And just to re-iterate why tire model is most exciting :cool:

New tracks, no benefit if tire model <
New cars , no benefit if tire model <
Brilliant FFB and controls no good if tire model<
Best suspension physics no good if tire model <
Multiple tire compounds no good if tire model<
Fantastic werther and livetrack 3 no good if tire model <
Great multiplayer features, no use if tire model<

Cheers Dakpilot

I agree that damage sensitivity should be higher in pC2, or at least give an option to switch to 'real life' damage sensitivity.

SenorPez
21-02-2017, 22:14
Continuation of the UDP Telemetry Broadcast, of course. :D

(And with regard to the damage discussion, I found Ian's comments about, "We can't do nearly what we could 10 years ago," fascinating. I didn't realize manufacturers have gotten MORE strict as time went on... of course, 10 years ago, I was flinging invincible Gran Turismo cars around tracks, so...)

hkraft300
21-02-2017, 23:48
Yin and Yang, my friend.
Tech advances to the point realistic damage can be simulated: manufacturers enforce a limit on damage simulation :applause:

jimmyb_84
21-02-2017, 23:55
Continuation of the UDP Telemetry Broadcast, of course. :D

This is the main part for me it brings the game alive, apps like crewchief and Vrhive really add so much more to the game. Further inclusion of data like suspension travel and other parameters would allow some exceptional apps.

Schadows
22-02-2017, 11:20
My favourite feature is online license. That is a game changer for me.

Chimildo
22-02-2017, 16:47
I'm also eager for the license but I imagine it is going to be very complicated to police, since the game has gone free on Xbox there are loads of lobbies (I've never seen so many online) but unfortunately a lot of rammers who are good at this ramming and leaving me with a slow down penalty and they disappear into the distance. So I'm hoping it helps to get some good racing

RomKnight
22-02-2017, 17:22
This feature is for pC2 only Chimildo

Chimildo
22-02-2017, 19:14
Yes I know but I was just saying it will be hard to implement it, obviously I know nothing about it but say for instance you are a clean driver but somebody takes you out is it going to know whose fault it was and if you only play in public lobbies it's going to be hard. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see. But with everything they are trying to do with the online I think it's going to be awesome

breyzipp
22-02-2017, 21:32
Yes I know but I was just saying it will be hard to implement it, obviously I know nothing about it but say for instance you are a clean driver but somebody takes you out is it going to know whose fault it was and if you only play in public lobbies it's going to be hard. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see. But with everything they are trying to do with the online I think it's going to be awesome

Or worse, someone bumps into you which makes you bump into another person. Will you be the "bad guy" who bumped into the other person?

Konan
22-02-2017, 22:06
In case you missed it,check out this interview there is some talk about the rating system...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EY47PEv9tA&index=1&list=PLtqFhfP1Rfbdm_3_SzZeGhUMir14f3gDl

hkraft300
22-02-2017, 22:12
Racing people you don't know/trust in public MP you have to be clever about it.
For example, I'll try not to pass on the outside unless I'm confident I'll blast past before they react.
Over-under moves generally leaves a wrecker lost and confused :D
Inside of a corner is safe usually because they can't tighten their line too fast enough to get you before you're gone.

I'm sure these tips will assist your pc2 driver rating :D

Konan
22-02-2017, 22:15
Good tips...it's a bit like driving in normal traffic:trying to anticipate what the others are going to do...

Silraed
23-02-2017, 02:57
As somebody who only recently started stepping into online play after recently getting faster internet, getting stuck behind a slower but completely unpredictable driver in a public lobby is incredibly frustrating. Reprogramming my brain to remember that just because I would leave room or concede the position to keep fighting doesn't mean they would be as gentlemanly or even respect general racing guidelines.

I'm very excited for the new online system.

breyzipp
23-02-2017, 07:00
As somebody who only recently started stepping into online play after recently getting faster internet, getting stuck behind a slower but completely unpredictable driver in a public lobby is incredibly frustrating. Reprogramming my brain to remember that just because I would leave room or concede the position to keep fighting doesn't mean they would be as gentlemanly or even respect general racing guidelines.

I'm very excited for the new online system.

This unpredictability indeed is annoying. Seeing myself as an average driver I can see both sides of the story. When I want to drive fast over the racing line the unpredictability of slower drivers (especially in the braking zones) makes it often very difficult to not crash into them by accident. I would even have to start braking way earlier than where my normal braking zone is (or completely steer away from the racing line) because if they brake too fast and I can't anticipate it, I would hit them. And that anticipation costs a lot of lap time. Note - I rather crash myself into a barrier than hitting someone, I'm really such a noble driver, hence the reason the average skill. ;)

On the other hand, if I am racing with players of much higher skill than me I notice that I'm on the opposite site, I'm the one with the wrong braking points and I can feel their frustration behind me very often. :) But then the nobility kicks in and if I feel another player is much faster than me I just let them pass as well and don't do any effort to block them or protect my position. About equal skill is another story of course but then again still with the needed mutual respect.

Anyway I hope this competitive racing license works great and not only separate the noble drivers from the wreckers but also put players of the same skill in the same race. Because very often putting different skilled players together, even if they are all noble drivers, still results in damage even if it was not intentional.

I still hold my breath and take a "lets wait and see" approach though, my last experience with a similar system was leagues in Forza 6 and although I had the feeling that putting similar skilled players together worked quite nice, people in the same race were still wreckers, noble, and everything in between. Let's hope SMS can do it better than Turn 10. :)

Schadows
23-02-2017, 09:44
Yes I know but I was just saying it will be hard to implement it, obviously I know nothing about it but say for instance you are a clean driver but somebody takes you out is it going to know whose fault it was and if you only play in public lobbies it's going to be hard. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see. But with everything they are trying to do with the online I think it's going to be awesomeIIRC, autostew was penalizing both cars (because as a mod it couldn't know which car was the faulty one), but in the long run, it still pays out because good & clean racers have less contacts than dirty one.
So with SMS behind the logic now, I'm sure it will be a very good thing.

And the target here is to play in lobby with restrictions around your rating (meaning you should enjoy races with people with the same average speed & behavior). I don't plan on staying in unregulated public lobby for long.

RomKnight
23-02-2017, 14:10
Hard to implement? It's just math... (well it would be hard for me but that's not the point :D )

Like it or not, it's better than nothing AND it'll be the same for all (not a marshalls discretion as it happens "sometimes" IRL).

Everybody complaints about iR but everyone use it and in the end, it's for the best IMO.

I see NO disadvanges is a system like this and for the points one can come up with, they mean little when compared to not having it.

This, I'm sure, was already pretty much debated to exhaustion throughou the net (again, because iRacing)

Rambo_Commando
23-02-2017, 15:33
To me, the most exciting feature will be what SMS did/does with the Formula A. Like will it have a MOTEC display on the steering wheel. Will they use a 2017 spec F1 tires? It's crazy how much I'm looking forward to the FA car, even the F1 car launches don't have me this eager...lol

ashasha
23-02-2017, 15:45
All of it, but the biggest one to me is that there are only a few global sliders for FFB. I play on console and it was tiring to have to look up the settings online to manually enter all of those settings with the wheel's controls.

Roger Prynne
23-02-2017, 15:47
All of it, but the biggest one to me is that there are only a few global sliders for FFB. I play on console and it was tiring to have to look up the settings online to manually enter all of those settings with the wheel's controls.

Your going to love the new FFB in that case.

Schadows
23-02-2017, 19:54
Hard to implement? It's just math...That's why it is so hard, because it is not just some math. Unlike ordinary driving rules, you have to consider the circonstances, the trajectories, etc.
And that's why there are marshalls IRL (and it seems there will be in the game too for online championship).

hkraft300
23-02-2017, 21:38
I hope it's not overly sensitive.
Rubbing is racing. Bit of paint swapping in closed wheel race cars hopefully doesn't smash my rating.

Oh and the other thing I'm excited about:
The return of the new and improved patch 6 tyres :D

EHM
24-02-2017, 17:32
To punish the more blatant wrecking/divebombing into corners, it may be possible to have a Sector for each corner where it is calculated the maximum speed each car can pass through the zone/corner without going outside the bounds.

With this data, if someone is driving at a speed that for example is twice that or more inside the sector at the corner they get back flagged/ghosted instantly.