PDA

View Full Version : Problem with shadows

Dhiego
24-02-2017, 16:35
Hello guys,

I have a problem with the shadows of the game. It seems that the shadows are gradually being rendered.

Edit:

Look at this video (http://youtu.be/Jx0aMN9_dHw). Look at the shadows of the wall, on the left side...

I would like to post a video to show the error but I am not allowed to carry links. Could some Moderator help me please?

Specificities of my PC:

i7 4770, 460 4gb rx, 8gb RAM, and Windows 10.

Does anyone have any idea how I could solve this?

Thank you!

Roger Prynne
24-02-2017, 17:36
You need 5 or more posts to leave a link.

What are your graphic settings in game?
When you can, post a screenshot of your settings.

Mad Al
24-02-2017, 18:10
I would like to post a video to show the error but I am not allowed to carry links. Could some Moderator help me please?

if you want to "post" a youtube video link, just copy and paste the part after the "watch?v=" in the URL into a post here, I'm sure one of us could make it into a working embedded video for you.

Konan
24-02-2017, 18:48
Sorry for the off topic but reading the title i thought you had issues with [Shadows] the forum member...:rolleyes:

P.s. Welcome to the forum :cool:

Dhiego
24-02-2017, 19:02
if you want to "post" a youtube video link, just copy and paste the part after the "watch?v=" in the URL into a post here, I'm sure one of us could make it into a working embedded video for you.

Thank you Mad Al.

The part after the "watch?v=" is Jx0aMN9_dHw

Dhiego
24-02-2017, 19:05
Sorry for the off topic but reading the title i thought you had issues with [Shadows] the forum member...:rolleyes:

P.s. Welcome to the forum :cool:

:D

Thank you Konan.

Do you think I should edit the title of the post? :rolleyes:

Konan
24-02-2017, 19:07
:D

Thank you Konan.

Do you think I should edit the title of the post? :rolleyes:

No need...it might even catch more attention like that...:D

Konan
24-02-2017, 19:11
Here's your link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx0aMN9_dHw

I'm sure some experienced pc guys will help you out...

Dhiego
24-02-2017, 19:24

Thank you for that information, Roger. The message I received about the restriction did not make this very clear.

I'll post the print as soon as I can.

Konan
24-02-2017, 19:26
Just answer my post and you can...so how are you today?
Lol

Dhiego
24-02-2017, 19:30
Here's your link...

I'm sure some experienced pc guys will help you out...

Thank you very much!

I'll add the video link to the original post.

Dhiego
24-02-2017, 19:44

The prints of the settings:

In Shared Memory I leave it as Yes

I reduced the size of the images and even then they became gigantic...

Just answer my post and you can...so how are you today?
Lol

I'm fine thank you xD

Mad Al
25-02-2017, 00:31
Project CARS shadows are one of it's weaker points.. (overly sharp and flickering is the usual complaint)

well, having textures on high and Texture filter at 16x would be my first two changes.

I'm also thinking you have some fairly high setting for what is actually a more mid range card. If you plan to use cockpit view you will not really notice dropping the reflections and env map to medium and low. Car detail at ultra is overkill as is ultra for track. Enhanced mirror is actually quite expensive performance wise.. and render frames ahead try running 2 or preferably 1, it will reduce any lag issues. Also give the MSAA AA a try.. it's a little bit of a trade off of one possible issue with another going from DS2X to MSAA.

Of course if you intend to spend all your time just hotlapping with nothing else in the track and always in daylight and with dry weather.. you can probably live with the higher settings. Project CARS actually looks pretty damned good even with everything on low.. as with all these things, your mileage may vary.

Dhiego
25-02-2017, 00:52
Project CARS shadows are one of it's weaker points.. (overly sharp and flickering is the usual complaint)

well, having textures on high and Texture filter at 16x would be my first two changes.

I'm also thinking you have some fairly high setting for what is actually a more mid range card. If you plan to use cockpit view you will not really notice dropping the reflections and env map to medium and low. Car detail at ultra is overkill as is ultra for track. Enhanced mirror is actually quite expensive performance wise.. and render frames ahead try running 2 or preferably 1, it will reduce any lag issues. Also give the MSAA AA a try.. it's a little bit of a trade off of one possible issue with another going from DS2X to MSAA.

Of course if you intend to spend all your time just hotlapping with nothing else in the track and always in daylight and with dry weather.. you can probably live with the higher settings. Project CARS actually looks pretty damned good even with everything on low.. as with all these things, your mileage may vary.

Thanks for your comments!

I always wanted to balance my settings better, but I did not know how. I'll make these adjustments as soon as possible!