"All on the same track."
"No."

"Will you ever drive this car at this track again?"
"Probably not."

"You're crazy, you know that, right?"
"Yes."

ColBBQ
26-02-2017, 20:37
Now put that car in reverse and drive the race backwards.

Rambo_Commando
26-02-2017, 21:38
My conversation with the wifey starts off the same but ends diffently. Lol

Her: "you spent two hours setting up that car!!!"
Me: "yes"

Her: ....she doesn't say a word...she goes upstairs, gets my clothes from the closet and throws it in the garage...

Alfisti
27-02-2017, 01:49
Yeah they do struggle with it and i spend nowhere near that amount of time on it but it's the only chance i get to relax.

dbo35
27-02-2017, 02:27
Wow, must be nice.

My wife occasionally asks me questions about the games that I play. Well, one question actually...

Why aren't you spending time with me?

racesafegrandad
27-02-2017, 09:13
I was listening to another mans wife in the background nagging him as we raced the other day and thought to myself ‘isn’t it great that I can race all day long in peace as I am now free from my ex wife!’ :)

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 13:22
Wife: did you win?
Me: no, I came second.
Wife: that's not good. You should come first.
Me: well, (insert various race driver excuses).
Wife: (blank stare) maybe next time.

MarleyMoo
27-02-2017, 18:11
Wife: did you win?
Me: no, I came second.
Wife: that's not good. You should come first.
Me: well, (insert various race driver excuses).
Wife: (blank stare) maybe next time.

Hmm interesting... Normally the wife's happier if you don't come first.

:rolleyes:

Konan
27-02-2017, 19:41

Oooh...cheaky :cool:

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 19:43

Well I can't beat her either so she's not entirely surprised.

oldmodelt
27-02-2017, 20:27
A conversation I had last night:

Her: "You spent 2 hours setting up that car."
Me: "Yes."

"How long is the race?"
"15 laps. About a half hour."

"How many rounds?"
"4."

"All on the same track."
"No."

"Will you ever drive this car at this track again?"
"Probably not."

"You're crazy, you know that, right?"
"Yes."

I actually agree with your wife. I've never enjoyed tuning a car forever just to run a short race. I'm more of a jump into the car with or without a tune and get on the track and go.

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 20:45
No not the police. She has asked me to call the ambulance for her.

breyzipp
27-02-2017, 21:56
If I wanted to get started with PCARS1 tuning, which places do you recommend? I have no tuning experience whatsoever so maybe some great basic YouTube videos to start off wouldn't even have to be about the game itself but more about the thought process or tech knowhow.

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 22:21
If I wanted to get started with PCARS1 tuning, which places do you recommend? I have no tuning experience whatsoever so maybe some great basic YouTube videos to start off wouldn't even have to be about the game itself but more about the thought process or tech knowhow.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?117-The-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

Check out the stickies.
There's also tons of reading online.

Also the Safe is Fast channel on YouTube has a couple of short basic tuning videos. Engineering Explained has good basics.

Testing yourself is good as long as you can isolate the cause/effect. For example, you set your downforce to maximum, and the car feels crashy, bumpy and oversteers. Is that the Aero balance or the suspension bottoming out at speed? Tuning is a balancing act.

hkraft300
28-02-2017, 07:01
Jussi's suspension calculator is also a great resource on projectcarssetups.eu
Also Casey Ringley's "Physics of" threads gives good insight to the cars in the game.
It also helps to learn about the cars.
For example the Formula Renault 3.5 Aero balance can be greatly affected by its rake.
Or the CLK-LM, which likes a stiff front end, which you'd think cause understeer but the front Aero works better so it balances out.

Dresden
28-02-2017, 07:27
I was listening to another mans wife in the background nagging him as we raced the other day

VR will solve this problem for ever. No more nagging once we don that headset.

Sim racing is the only thing I hate to be stopped while playing. Role play, survival horror, sport- it don't matter. Just don't speak while I am racing through that corner!

hkraft300
28-02-2017, 08:26
Oh for sure I'll throw a few laps if the Mrs starts talking to me during a race -_-

DECATUR PLAYA
28-02-2017, 18:12

Learn what oversteer/understeer means. It's the same as loose/tight in NASCAR. Then just use the on screen guide in the tuning section. Those little captions on the side of the screen have loads of tuning information if you understand oversteer/understeer.

breyzipp
28-02-2017, 20:29
Learn what oversteer/understeer means. It's the same as loose/tight in NASCAR. Then just use the on screen guide in the tuning section. Those little captions on the side of the screen have loads of tuning information if you understand oversteer/understeer.

Thanks. Understeer / oversteer I already know what they are. How to fix them by tuning is a whole different ballpark. :)