Konan
26-02-2017, 20:18
...lol...

hkraft300
26-02-2017, 20:41
Haha quality
Same kind of thing going on over here.
"Reclaim Australia" they say :rolleyes:
I lack the wit for such quality replies though.

Konan
26-02-2017, 20:44
Haha quality
Same kind of thing going on over here.
"Reclaim Australia" they say :rolleyes:
I lack the wit for such quality replies though.

Reclaim Australia?
Now THAT is British sarcasm...:rolleyes:

Konan
27-02-2017, 04:56
Ok...points made....let's keep this thread as Roger intended it to be before it escalates into an endless religion discussion...

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 08:42
Ok...points made....let's keep this thread as Roger intended it to be before it escalates into an endless religion discussion...

Na not at all.
We're all sim racing friends here. Tell me it's not our childhood hot wheels "vroom vroom" gone next level :D we may be in denial but our wives and mothers know it.
Well, those of us lucky enough to get hot wheels anyway. Or anything remotely rectangular-ish.
We all knew pencils were rockets and erasers were cars, and worn ones were faster because aerodynamics.
Basically what I'm saying is: we're all on the same team, Muslim or not. Doing the grind, paying the bills, getting yelled at by our wives.
Terrorism is wrong, even by Sharia law, funny enough!

PS Luke no offense taken.

Roger Prynne
27-02-2017, 10:07
It was a joke post, please don't bring religion into it.

LukeC
27-02-2017, 10:24
Na not at all.
We're all sim racing friends here. Tell me it's not our childhood hot wheels "vroom vroom" gone next level :D we may be in denial but our wives and mothers know it.
Well, those of us lucky enough to get hot wheels anyway. Or anything remotely rectangular-ish.
We all knew pencils were rockets and erasers were cars, and worn ones were faster because aerodynamics.
Basically what I'm saying is: we're all on the same team, Muslim or not. Doing the grind, paying the bills, getting yelled at by our wives.
Terrorism is wrong, even by Sharia law, funny enough!

PS Luke no offense taken.

I'm glad. As I said, I meant no offence. It felt as though as I writing about current affairs, as the news is full of this kind of thing, and it quickly descended into a political discussion. And to me, this is strictly a political issue, nothing more.

Anyway it's against forum rules, and that's fair enough. I believe that one must always respect the wishes of one's host. 😉

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 11:04
The joke was funny. I am worried that Muslims might get offended.

In case you missed it...

It was a joke post, please don't bring religion into it.

:D

FMS
27-02-2017, 11:11
Hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i3puuhDS2E

Invincible
27-02-2017, 12:09
I just love the Brits for their humour. Although I think Germany should claim some British humour since we Krauts don't have any ourselves. :p

hkraft300
27-02-2017, 13:05
Quick Tommy, before "ze Germans" get 'ere...

Konan
27-02-2017, 14:27
I just love the Brits for their humour. Although I think Germany should claim some British humour since we Krauts don't have any ourselves. :p

Are you sure about that?

http://learnoutlive.com/learn-german-with-comedians/

Invincible
27-02-2017, 14:32
Are you sure about that?

http://learnoutlive.com/learn-german-with-comedians/

It's a good read, even for "ze Germans". But yeah, they're right. Translating German jokes is often a real pita. But still, mostly the British humour is more "dry", or darker at times, which I prefer. And when I see "Comedians" like "Mario Barth" or "Cindy aus Marzahn" filling stadiums... I can only conclude: Germans really don't have any (good) humour.

Konan
27-02-2017, 14:39
Well...being Dutch has it's advantages...since the Dutch language is comparable to German it's a lot easier for me to understand (4 years of studying modern languages didn't hurt either :p )
You have to have a taste for the British dry humour though...
CAUTION BLASPHEMY COMING: i know a lot of people who don't understand/like Monty Python humour :(

Roger Prynne
27-02-2017, 16:32

Mowzer
28-02-2017, 14:41
Lol quality:).

Sankyo
28-02-2017, 16:43
Well...being Dutch has it's advantages...since the Dutch language is comparable to German it's a lot easier for me to understand (4 years of studying modern languages didn't hurt either :p )
You have to have a taste for the British dry humour though...
CAUTION BLASPHEMY COMING: i know a lot of people who don't understand/like Monty Python humour :(

IMO there's a difference between typical dry British humour and the absurdism (is that a word?) of Monty Python.

Roger Prynne
28-02-2017, 16:46
Yeah, Monty Python made a unique type of humor.... never seen before.

Konan
28-02-2017, 16:47
Well i'd at least call it DRY absurdism...lol

FMS
01-03-2017, 11:08
Of course, those spheres wherein Monty Python is considered great comedy often lack a sense of humour. ;)

ralpf
19-03-2017, 20:43
OMG. hahahaha I am proud too :unconscious: