PDA

View Full Version : Importing Pcars profile into PCars2

Saloei
28-02-2017, 21:19
Will it be possible to import our default.sav profile into PCars2 with all car setups or will we have to make manual changes to each car?

Roger Prynne
28-02-2017, 22:22
Sorry but they wont be compatible.
Plus the fact that everything is saved differently now.

breyzipp
28-02-2017, 22:45

I actually prefer it that way! It gives the devs total freedom to be creative and improve on the game!

Look at what Forza has become: import tunes & paints from FM5 into FH2 into FM6 into FH3. They are so stuck into their own mess there is absolutely ZERO room for improvement or innovation because of this backward compatibility.

Schnizz58
28-02-2017, 23:17
Indeed, backward compatibility can be an anchor.

Saloei
28-02-2017, 23:29
Is it possible to open default.sav with a txt editor in a legible format?

FS7
28-02-2017, 23:48
Imo the real question is if we test the same car/track combinations in PCars2 with its new tyre model & physics would we still use the exact same setups we used in PCars1?

hkraft300
01-03-2017, 01:08
Imo the real question is if we test the same car/track combinations in PCars2 with its new tyre model & physics would we still use the exact same setups we used in PCars1?

Wouldn't be exact. At the very least you'll need pressure and alignment changes.
If the vehicle and tuning models aren't changed drastically (eg new suspension and Aero data applied) then it should translate well enough.
If the same GT3 cars are present, for example, it should be close.
We don't know yet if there's more tuning options, like ackerman, third spring sort of things, which would affect tuning but I'm betting against that for P2.

Roger Prynne
01-03-2017, 10:24
Is it possible to open default.sav with a txt editor in a legible format?

No it's not.

Mangoat
01-03-2017, 12:16
Would be nice if it could be made to be. Even a one way off-line converter would be appreciated by many, I'm sure.

RomKnight
01-03-2017, 13:06
The only thing I would see as converteable is the car setups but even here, because physics were overhauled, renewed or simply changed to new stuff I doubt it. Imagine a simple spring rate range change that could not fit the pc1 setup values or the way aero values change with a "click" in the sliders? (just examples to make a point).

And i'm not counting with the DEVs time to implement such a tool and their time is being very well spent on things that REALLY matter, trust me on this one ;)

Silverline IMO, this discussion is pointless and there's no need to ask, pledge, speculate, cry... I'm 99% sure it won't happen. 1% not sure because this team is "Slighty Mad" :D

Mahjik
01-03-2017, 13:14
Guys, keep in mind that pCARS2 is not just pCARS1 with some more/different cars and tracks. pCARS2 is a newer, bigger, better sim than pCARS1. Ian has already commented on many areas which have either been rewritten or greatly enhanced. These areas will alter the way things work in general (including setting up cars).

Invincible
01-03-2017, 18:01
Many setups from pcars 1 wouldn't necessarily work in pcars 2 driveability wise. A nice and stable setup in pcars could be horribly understeery in pcars 2.

hkraft300
01-03-2017, 21:27
What really?
Is it the tyres?
I wouldn't think it'd be that great a difference... :/

Mahjik
02-03-2017, 13:11
What really?
Is it the tyres?
I wouldn't think it'd be that great a difference... :/

Ian commented in one of the other threads that there have been updates to the tire/tyre model as well as additional modules for the driveline physics... Those will alter the way people setup their cars (i.e. some the "tricks" people used in pCARS1 will not work in pCARS2).