PDA

View Full Version : G29 lock issues

Crispo77
08-03-2017, 16:01
Hi
I've just purchased a g29 wheel and started playing project cars. Sometimes in cars the steering is at full lock at 90 degrees turn of the wheel and other times with the same car and same settings it's over a turn to full lock. Changing the steering ratio doesn't seem to affect anything.
Please help?

Leonardo Da Vinci
08-03-2017, 21:12
Hi Crispo77, Just to check cos you're in the PS4 section but your info says PC,
(I have a G29 on PS4 but if you are on PC you may want to ask mods to move this to the right section) If you are on PS4 you might want to check to see if you have "calibrated" your wheel, you have to calibrate the wheel, peddles and force feedback, I'm still learning/adjusting to my G29 and if you need any help I'd be happy to share what I've learned, Hope this helps but if not hkraft300 will swoop down like a PCars (virtual) superman and rescue you I've no doubt lol.
PS It may get frustrating in the beginning but you'll be REALLY glad you got your G29 :D

Crispo77
08-03-2017, 21:16
Hi Crispo77, Just to check cos you're in the PS4 section but your info says PC,
(I have a G29 on PS4 but if you are on PC you may want to ask mods to move this to the right section) If you are on PS4 you might want to check to see if you have "calibrated" your wheel, you have to calibrate the wheel, peddles and force feedback, I'm still learning/adjusting to my G29 and if you need any help I'd be happy to share what I've learned, Hope this helps but if not hkraft300 will swoop down like a PCars (virtual) superman and rescue you I've no doubt lol.
PS It may get frustrating in the beginning but you'll be REALLY glad you got your G29 :D

Hi, yes I'm on ps4, didn't even see that option. Yeah I've calibrated it and it still varies. The wheel is amazing, got some great settings off here. Brings the game alive, used to play with controller and external view, it's unreal with wheel in car. Love it

hkraft300
08-03-2017, 22:30
Race cars will need less turns of the wheel to full lock vs road cars. The game adjusts the steering lock according to the cars' real life steering.
Also there's a steering ratio bug where you have to exit the session for the changes to apply. Or just set it from the main menu garage section.
And what Leo said: calibrate the wheel as per the on screen settings and NOT the way some describe in the G29 help thread where they have different ideas about calibration to trick the steering ratio :rolleyes:

Mahjik
09-03-2017, 02:12
Does this happen with any specific car or all cars that you use?

Crispo77
09-03-2017, 08:29
Race cars will need less turns of the wheel to full lock vs road cars. The game adjusts the steering lock according to the cars' real life steering.
Also there's a steering ratio bug where you have to exit the session for the changes to apply. Or just set it from the main menu garage section.
And what Leo said: calibrate the wheel as per the on screen settings and NOT the way some describe in the G29 help thread where they have different ideas about calibration to trick the steering ratio :rolleyes:
I think it must be this bug that the ratio doesn't save unless I exit. So I can set every car from the garage section then?

hkraft300
09-03-2017, 14:23
Sure can.

Crispo77
09-03-2017, 14:41
Sure can.

So that works a treat, been through all the cars I use and saved them with the ratio I like. Does the livery u choose when u save always come up when u use that car online?

racesafegrandad
09-03-2017, 16:19
It’s a bug in the game and there is a work around that I do.
When you choose the car you are going to race and you click on it you have to then push the triangle button. This will let you into the setup menu for that car. Adjust the steering ratio and then ‘save to all tracks’ Then continue to enter the race. If you try to adjust the steering ratio after entering the race you can move the slider but it does nothing.
Hope that helps.

'Does the livery u choose when u save always come up when u use that car online?'.....Errrr, sadly no.

Leonardo Da Vinci
10-03-2017, 17:36
Hi, yes I'm on ps4, didn't even see that option. Yeah I've calibrated it and it still varies. The wheel is amazing, got some great settings off here. Brings the game alive, used to play with controller and external view, it's unreal with wheel in car. Love it

That's why I checked as I made the same mistake :rolleyes: and things are done differently on each platform for various things.
The G29 is one of my better purchases and with all those buttons and dials to play with :D I came from Forza 4 on the xb360 with the MS ffb wheel so the transition to G29, PS4, PCars has/is mind blowing to say the least lol,
Anyway, glad you're sorted on this prob and if you get stuck on any more just ask on here !