PDA

View Full Version : Speculation about the GT3 cars in PCARS2

breyzipp
09-03-2017, 01:00
I found some interesting info today on the GTPlanet forum thread:

"GT3 class we are already in double-digit for vehicle count including all the major brands." (link (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-22#post-11735101))
"Our vehicle partners prefer we keep the in-game GT3 "fresh", so do we." (link (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-23#post-11735780))

This is some great news IMO. If I may speculate about which 10+ GT3 cars would be in, it goes as follows :

What was in PCARS 1 and what I think will make it to PCARS 2 and what not:

2012 BMW M3 GT (=> either removed or else moved to GTE class)
2012 BMW Z4 GT3 (=> removed and replaced by M6 GT3)
2012 McLaren 12C GT3 (=> removed and replaced by 650S GT3)
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (=> removed and replaced by Mercedes-AMG GT3)
2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (stays but probably updated specs)
2013 Audi R8 LMS Ultra (=> removed and replaced by new R8 LMS)
2013 Ginetta G55 GT3 (stays but probably updated specs)
2014 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE (stays but moved to new GTE class)
2014 Bentley Continental GT3 (stays but probably updated specs)
2014 RUF RGT-8 GT3 (probably removed due to Porsche making it in)
2015 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 (definitely in, already confirmed)
2016 Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 (highly likely to be in as well, this car was added as DLC for PCARS1 when PCARS2 was well in development)
2016 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (stays but moved to new GTE class)

And what was already officially announced: (reveal trailer)

2017 Acura NSX GT3
2015 McLaren 650S GT3
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3
2016 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3

So that gives the following list which is exactly 10 cars (the ones in black). Since The_American stated they have "all the major brands" I felt free to add some serious major brands in red text as well, brands that have already been confirmed to make it into PCARS2 by Ian Bell (confirmed as a brand, not necessarily as GT3)

Acura NSX GT3
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Audi R8 LMS
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW M6 GT3
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT3
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 (was already spotted in the leaked trailer so kinda confirmed)
Lexus RC F GT3
McLaren 650S GT3
Mercedes-AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R
Renault R.S. 01 GT3

The two cars I added in blue are two cars I hope will be in as well but there is no reason whatsoever to assume they will be in. Author's secret wish list. ;) The Lexus was so fun to see racing at the Rolex Daytona 24 hours and it would be a great car to have. But I fear for it, it might be a bit far fedged to assume the Lexus brand will make it into the franchise. The Renault RS 01 in its GT3 form was racing in the Hankook 24h of Dubai. Since the "standard" RS 01 was already in PCARS1 I really do hope this one will be reincarnated in PCARS2 in its GT3 form. There is a pretty high chance this one might be in IMO.

So there you have it, ignoring the 2 cars in blue I think I'm not far off of what we will have in-game eventually. If you add the cars in black and red together for a field of the latest and greatest GT3 race cars, that is one helluva awesome grid. And I'm 100% behind SMS for ditching the older ones like the Z4, MP4 and SLS for the newer models of those brands. Or at least remove them from the GT3 class, it would be okay to have these 3 still in the game but in their own "2012 GT3" class.

honespc
09-03-2017, 06:52
The Ladies Class.

Wonder whether it will be so horribly unbalanced again in project cars 2. Purchased cars like the Bentley or the Corvette thinking they would mean business and..., well, money wasted. I just drive these two because I like them, but If you want to win..., no way. Just go 12c or Mercedes. All day the same cars and in all servers.

Mascot
09-03-2017, 07:07
That list seems pretty spot-on to me.

RacingAtHome
09-03-2017, 09:24
Isn't the Huracan we saw a Super Trofeo? I'm fairly sure the GT3 is different to it. Much like the Ferrari Challenge and GT3. And Porsche Carrera Cup and GT3.

The M3 GT is a GTE anyway though.

phil.94
09-03-2017, 09:54
Isn't the Huracan we saw a Super Trofeo? I'm fairly sure the GT3 is different to it. Much like the Ferrari Challenge and GT3. And Porsche Carrera Cup and GT3.

Keep in mind, that vehicle partners want to see fresh gt cars in the game... so i guess there are two versions of the m6, the m6 gt3 and the m6 gtlm :)

breyzipp
09-03-2017, 10:23

I seriously hope the Huracan won't be the Super Trofeo spec. Besides then The_American's comment about having all major brands in GT3 would not be correct anymore. And having the Super Trofeo racing together with the GT3 class is such silliness that only belongs in arcade games like Forza Motorsport. :)

Thx about the M3 GT, wasn't sure where it belonged.

honespc
09-03-2017, 11:02
Just bring balance on this horribly balanced category

Invincible
09-03-2017, 11:36

So you think they are perfectly balanced IRL?

honespc
09-03-2017, 12:12
here we go

OddTimer
09-03-2017, 12:56
And there's gotta be a Corvette in that list... up to 11! =]

hkraft300
09-03-2017, 13:49
The Ladies Class.

Wonder whether it will be so horribly unbalanced again in project cars 2. Purchased cars like the Bentley or the Corvette thinking they would mean business and..., well, money wasted. I just drive these two because I like them, but If you want to win..., no way. Just go 12c or Mercedes. All day the same cars and in all servers.

Calm your farm, son. Pcars2 will have GTE and GT3 in separate classes.
By the way, just because you can't drive the Bentley (frankly neither can I) doesn't mean it's slow.

Alfisti
09-03-2017, 14:58
I FEEL slow in the 12c but always turn the fastest laps, without fail.

honespc
09-03-2017, 15:34
just because you can't drive the Bentley (frankly neither can I) doesn't mean it's slow.Why this condescendence.

I can drive long races consistently with the Bentley without spinning once even with the default setups. All tweaking needed is the accel diff, as usual with racing cars on slick tyres. Raising the dec diff is something wise on this car as well. I'm just talking about you can't compete against the other cars while on this baby, the 12c, Mercedes, etc.

Now you talk about separating classes. That is something very needed for Road Cars. "Superlight" road cars (KTM; BAC, Catherham etc) should be in a separate category. Ian please consider putting all superlights in their own separated category from Road Cars.

RacingAtHome
09-03-2017, 18:24
By the way, just because you can't drive the Bentley (frankly neither can I) doesn't mean it's slow.

I love the Bentley. It's an enjoyable thing to look at and drive.

EHM
09-03-2017, 19:57

I think the Bentley is insanely hard to drive (The hardest in GT3), yet online I see people go very fast with it, actually getting pole in qualifying and winning pretty often. The only one in GT3 I never see get a decent place is the Ginetta.

I wish I could handle it, since it sounds so good and they messed up the Mclaren V8 sound in my opinion.

honespc
09-03-2017, 20:15
The Bentley is not that hard to drive. Needs a complete different setup to default though, starting for a sightly lower tyre pressure, the typical cheat of radiator and brake ducts to 20% (if you want to have a chance on straights), lower the accel diff to something like 20-22%, and rising the dec diff at least up to 60%. The rest can be left as it is by default, and the car is perfectly driveable as long as you're good at powersliding, because the car is obviously slower than others at taking corners for obvious reason.

With this car you can be competitive at tracks like Willow Springs and little more. The rest you won't stand a chance against 12c, Mercedes and Z4

The car is so cool and that's why I keep using it instead of the other GT3, but that doesn't mean it's the obvious underdog. All I was asking for GT3 cars in pc2 is proper balance to all cars

RacingAtHome
09-03-2017, 20:54
The Bentley is not that hard to drive. Needs a complete different setup to default though, starting for a sightly lower tyre pressure, the typical cheat of radiator and brake ducts to 20% (if you want to have a chance on straights), lower the accel diff to something like 20-22%, and rising the dec diff at least up to 60%. The rest can be left as it is by default, and the car is perfectly driveable as long as you're good at powersliding, because the car is obviously slower than others at taking corners for obvious reason.

With this car you can be competitive at tracks like Willow Springs and little more. The rest you won't stand a chance against 12c, Mercedes and Z4

The car is so cool and that's why I keep using it instead of the other GT3, but that doesn't mean it's the obvious underdog. All I was asking for GT3 cars in pc2 is proper balance to all cars

Cannot agree more. Won a league race in the car a while ago at Watkins Glen on PRL and bringing back the Bentley Project for AOR as well.

hkraft300
09-03-2017, 21:43
Why this condescendence.

Because...

I'm just talking about you can't compete against the other cars while on this baby, the 12c, Mercedes, etc.

The Ladies Class.

Wonder whether it will be so horribly unbalanced again in project cars 2. Purchased cars like the Bentley or the Corvette thinking they would mean business and..., well, money wasted. I just drive these two because I like them, but If you want to win..., no way. Just go 12c or Mercedes.

It's because of your crappy attitude compounded with being wrong on every bloody post you make on this forum.
GT3 is about the best balanced class in the game. Except the Ginetta and Aston GTE on some tracks (and yes, fast guys are still competitive in them), they're all bloody close.
EVERY league has a GT3 comp constantly running. I wonder why. Bentley is as fast as the McLaren and the Mercedes from Laguna to Bathurst. Just because you paid extra for dlc cars doesn't mean you deserve faster cars.
What do you expect? For SMS to scrap the real vehicle performance and give them all the same power/weight/grip?
Oh look, DTM is a balanced class!

I get a great look at it every time one passes me. Quite often lol

Shogun613
10-03-2017, 03:44
Agreed. She's a voluptuous, sexy lady.

Diamond_Eyes
10-03-2017, 06:40
Agreed. She's a voluptuous, sexy lady.

She's a bentley

breyzipp
10-03-2017, 06:56

Big fan of it at well, that sound at the 2017 12 hours of Bathurst coming down the mountain towards the last turn, OMG :love-struck:

honespc
10-03-2017, 07:59
Because...Such manners, but your arguments truly don't live up to your arrogance.

First off, how can you tell others to be wrong when you have openly admitted you can't drive the Bentley?. The GT3 class in this game is well known for being utterly unbalanced. All we ask is to bring some balance on it when pc2 comes, regardless you can go mad at all who differs with your opinion.

And please calm down. You look..., unstable

Bealdor
10-03-2017, 08:17
Stop the bickering please guys. There's no need for that here. Thank you.

On topic: Q&A with @IanBell [Read OP][Updated 2/15] (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-updated-2-15.353715/page-25#post-11737492)

Yes. Good thing here is that the homologated classes seem to be quite competitive when we plug in the real world numbers. But we also do internal and community tests to make sure no GT3 car "works best" in all cases for example.

hkraft300
10-03-2017, 12:32
Such manners, but your arguments truly don't live up to your arrogance.

First off, how can you tell others to be wrong when you have openly admitted you can't drive the Bentley?. The GT3 class in this game is well known for being utterly unbalanced. All we ask is to bring some balance on it when pc2 comes, regardless you can go mad at all who differs with your opinion.

And please calm down. You look..., unstable

:applause:

Just because I can't drive Bentley doesn't mean it's not balanced, Mr. Entitled. I'm terribly slow in all GT3 cars, 5-8 seconds off lap records. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with the cars.

Have a read here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44870-On-the-balance-of-the-GT3-class-(in-game)

1-1.5 second difference in average lap records of all the cars across the major track locations. Utterly unbalanced he says :rolleyes:

RomKnight
10-03-2017, 16:22
Digging skillz over 9000 (tm) :D

Cheesenium
16-03-2017, 00:44
I cant drive Ginetta, Ruf or <insert car>, the GT3 class is so unbalanced. I do not know about you, GT3 is probably one of the best-balanced class in Pcars.

And you havent see Historic Touring, that is what I call unbalanced due to the mess of how 60s touring cars were.

EDIT: You'll see some old and now obsolete GT3s coming back in pcars 2. I do miss one of them though as it is not coming back.

hkraft300
16-03-2017, 06:35

EDIT: You'll see some old and now obsolete GT3s coming back in pcars 2. I do miss one of them though as it is not coming back.

Oooo... skirting mighty close to the gag order there bruh ;)

The older cars will give the aliens something to kick our butts with :rolleyes:

Cheesenium
17-03-2017, 09:15
Oooo... skirting mighty close to the gag order there bruh ;)

The older cars will give the aliens something to kick our butts with :rolleyes:

Well, we probably should know by now that the old and probably obsolete GT3s in pcars 1 will return since we have the model done in pcars 1, why not bring them back?

The more the merrier anyway.

hkraft300
17-03-2017, 12:41
Well, we probably should know by now that the old and probably obsolete GT3s in pcars 1 will return since we have the model done in pcars 1, why not bring them back?

The more the merrier anyway.

Bell said on Gtplanet something about the manufacturers preference to the current model GT3 cars. Could mean the 650s GT3 replaces the 12C, which is no great loss.
If they can plug the pcars1 vehicle models into pcars2 easily that's great and I'm all for it.

Sankyo
17-03-2017, 12:53
If they can plug the pcars1 vehicle models into pcars2 easily that's great and I'm all for it.
Every model needs a license and hence also costs money for that license, so easy != cheap...

hkraft300
17-03-2017, 13:12
Every model needs a license and hence also costs money for that license, so easy != cheap...

Don't get me wrong: it can't be at all easy to the model up to pcars2 spec for the visuals, new setup stuff, tyre model, ffb... come to think of it, it'd be near enough to a rebuild...

Sankyo
17-03-2017, 13:24
Don't get me wrong: it can't be at all easy to the model up to pcars2 spec for the visuals, new setup stuff, tyre model, ffb... come to think of it, it'd be near enough to a rebuild...
AFAIK it's not that bad so it's still beneficial to use pCARS1 models, but regarding licensing there's no difference between copying pC1 cars or adding new cars.

hkraft300
17-03-2017, 23:03
No shortcuts for that corporate $

Cheesenium
18-03-2017, 01:25
Bell said on Gtplanet something about the manufacturers preference to the current model GT3 cars. Could mean the 650s GT3 replaces the 12C, which is no great loss.

650S essentially it's an upgrade for the 12C. I wont be surprised if it does not return.

The other old GT3s such as Z4, R8, SLS and so on, I would love to see them back in pcars 2.

Stewy32
18-03-2017, 11:22
I think GTE is gonna be great.Out of the 6 real life cars 3 are confirmed,2 have their manafactaurs confirmed and 1 had its manufacturer in Pcars 1

hkraft300
18-03-2017, 11:30
650S essentially it's an upgrade for the 12C. I wont be surprised if it does not return.

The other old GT3s such as Z4, R8, SLS and so on, I would love to see them back in pcars 2.

R8 GT3 are also updates, no?
Huracan is a RE-skinned R8.
Z4 will be missed if that's gone. I'm not a fan of the M6 it's big, but not in a Continental GT3 way.

Cheesenium
18-03-2017, 14:05
R8 GT3 are also updates, no?
Huracan is a RE-skinned R8.
Z4 will be missed if that's gone. I'm not a fan of the M6 it's big, but not in a Continental GT3 way.

650S had an upgrade kit that teams can convert a 12C to a 650S. It still uses the same chassis as 12C.

The new R8 is a whole different beast despite it shares the same platform as Huracan. You cant upgrade a R8 LMS Ultra to a R8 LMS.

honespc
27-03-2017, 15:55
I feel like purchasing the Cadillac today and try it out at last. It comes with the Corvette too right?

Is it just as bad as the Bentley, even with the zero camber exploit?. I can't see any opinions on the Cadillac around. Just a couple of hotlaps on youtube and such. Actually I'm good with the Bentley and drive it without problem, but that doesn't mean I'm not aware to his issues compared to the other gt3s. I'd just like to know if the Cadillac also..., suffers from those same or similar "issues", or ok let's say it tiny disadvantages

moustace
27-03-2017, 18:36
Bentley, Cadillac, Corvette.. I like all of them but I'm quicker in the Bentley. 6.40-6.42 in the Bentley, 6.45-6.46 in the Corvette and 6.46-6.47 in the Cadillac around the Nordschleife. But of those three I think it's the Cadillac's time I can improve the most, the car is just an all-round solid car that handles very well.

Cholton82
27-03-2017, 18:56
I love the Bentley and the Vette !

honespc
28-03-2017, 12:18
Bentley, Cadillac, Corvette.. I like all of them but I'm quicker in the Bentley. 6.40-6.42 in the Bentley, 6.45-6.46 in the Corvette and 6.46-6.47 in the Cadillac around the Nordschleife. But of those three I think it's the Cadillac's time I can improve the most, the car is just an all-round solid car that handles very well.Got the Cadillac pack, with the Corvette, the ford and the Indycar.

The Corvette is very easy to drive, even without assists, although you're right it doesn't seem to be too fast.

The Cadillac seems like a solid car, although It's my first perception that the Bentley could be faster indeed, but the Caddy can go faster through tight corners that seems like assured to me even this soon.

I didn't know it was turbo charged like the Bentley