PDA

View Full Version : I can't join any of the Online Parts = Cant play MP

Tex-Rec
10-03-2017, 20:42
I can't join any parts for the online racing , Wehen i start the game everything is fine , but not the multiplayer part , when i hit the online button in the game menu , the game crash and i get this error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd3gx3am8k4r1bs/Desktop%2003.10.2017%20-%2019.10.21.07.png?dl=0

Verified game , deleted pcars folder from my documents to let game recreated one , redownloaded game , what ever i do same happens but only for the online part , the carrer works , the solo playing works , the free run work , just online / creat does not work and end up with the crash..

https://youtu.be/RwgAQWEvhm8

What should i do ?

Mad Al
10-03-2017, 21:02
Zip and attach the debug log from a crashed session, they are in Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession
The game makes one new folder every time you play the game..

(click go advanced on the reply to get the manage attachments button (or click the paper clip)

Tex-Rec
11-03-2017, 08:22
Hey mate here are the Dbg files , problem still presists , i tryed last night even to redownload again the game , still the same

Mad Al
11-03-2017, 10:36
Err.. first question, why are you running the 32 bit version ?

Tex-Rec
11-03-2017, 10:46
used the launcher command in last time as somehow on 64bit the MSI Afterburner overlay stoped to working , and while racing long i like to track infos , temps etc
Buy running the game @ 32bit everything shows on normall , also i hade no issue with the 32bit version for a long time now.

Mad Al
11-03-2017, 11:03
used the launcher command in last time as somehow on 64bit the MSI Afterburner overlay stoped to working , and while racing long i like to track infos , temps etc
Buy running the game @ 32bit everything shows on normall , also i hade no issue with the 32bit version for a long time now.

Ok, but does it also have the same problems with getting online if you run 64 bit

Tex-Rec
11-03-2017, 11:14
Jus tryed with and without -x86 command , and then without any commands in the launch line , its crash so far i hit the online or create button in the menu

I just can't figure out whats causing the crash , i mean everything is blank new installed , game redownloaded , i even manualy installed again the filse from _CommonRedist folder , deleted the whole Project CARS folder from My Documents to let game recreate new files , but its crash with same error message so far i hit Online or Creat button in the menu.

Edit: I have tryed even without any overlays , without steam overlay , without MSI afterburner running in the background , same happens.

Mad Al
11-03-2017, 13:18
I assume you have tried deleting the profile.. ?

<Steam install>\userdata\<your steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav

back it up first as it also has all the controller config and career saves...

BullWinkle
11-03-2017, 13:34
Have you tried this?:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47431-Crashing-when-trying-to-go-online&p=1282409&viewfull=1#post1282409

Tex-Rec
11-03-2017, 15:51
I assume you have tried deleting the profile.. ?

<Steam install>\userdata\<your steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav

back it up first as it also has all the controller config and career saves...

I just have done this right now , and then the game joins the mp browser without problem and i can create the server for loobys as i was able before. Seems something on my Save data gots corupt.
Now when i get the default.sav file back , it's crash again as beofre right at the momments when i hit Online or Creat button in the menu.

Do i really have now to start over with a new save data ? I mean im lossing a huge progress there. I played pCars really a huge amount of time.

Steam Profile (http://steamcommunity.com/id/speed-junky/)

Tex-Rec
11-03-2017, 15:52
Have you tried this?:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47431-Crashing-when-trying-to-go-online&p=1282409&viewfull=1#post1282409

Did u mean that with the steams ping limit settings ? If yes , no i didint tryed this , i never touched those option.

EDIT: Just tryed , didin't work , still the same crash.

Mad Al
11-03-2017, 16:08
I just have done this right now , and then the game joins the mp browser without problem and i can create the server for loobys as i was able before. Seems something on my Save data gots corupt.
Now when i get the default.sav file back , it's crash again as beofre right at the momments when i hit Online or Creat button in the menu.

Do i really have now to start over with a new save data ? I mean im lossing a huge progress there. I played pCars really a huge amount of time.

Steam Profile (http://steamcommunity.com/id/speed-junky/)

Unfortunately yes.. but you could use two separate copies of the default.sav, one for offline and one for online.. just swap between them with a batch file or similar (not forgetting to back the offline up as required so you don't crap on it accidently)

Tex-Rec
11-03-2017, 16:15
Unfortunately yes.. but you could use two separate copies of the default.sav, one for offline and one for online.. just swap between them with a batch file or similar (not forgetting to back the offline up as required so you don't crap on it accidently)

This Hurts. well thanks for the info

BullWinkle
11-03-2017, 19:27
Did u mean that with the steams ping limit settings ? If yes , no i didint tryed this , i never touched those option.

EDIT: Just tryed , didin't work , still the same crash.

Yes, that is what I meant. Didn't work apparently from your post.
One thing you can check is the Steam Cloud setting under Steam settings.,make sure Cloud is unchecked. I'm running out of ideas.:(

Tex-Rec
12-03-2017, 17:52
Yes, that is what I meant. Didn't work apparently from your post.
One thing you can check is the Steam Cloud setting under Steam settings.,make sure Cloud is unchecked. I'm running out of ideas.:(

Fact is , something "magicaly somehow" have damaged just the Online and Create button in my Save Data , without my Sav Date , i can work around the game without those crashes , so far i use back my Save Data , again it crashes exactly on the momment when pressing on Online or Create button in the menu.

I dont know why , but something just seems to lock and bug on me for online racing as everything other works just normal , even Time Trial works and Leaderboard watching is fine.

So i had to start over with a blank save data , and constantly swiching from old to new only because of carrer or something else does not make any sense.

Sad to see that this happens in a game , where you spent near 2k hrs of gameplay.

BullWinkle
12-03-2017, 20:55
Just noticed you have your FX-8350 over clocked to 4.8Ghz. Have you tried yet setting it at default 4.0Ghz to see if it makes a difference? Just a thought/test.

konnos
13-03-2017, 00:06
Also something to check: did you make your game priority higher than the default (in the task manager)? I did that once, I could not see any online races.

Tex-Rec
16-03-2017, 17:33
Also something to check: did you make your game priority higher than the default (in the task manager)? I did that once, I could not see any online races.

No , why would i do it , its not taht i can't see any online race , i can join the online part , watch the video i have posted.

konnos
17-03-2017, 09:08
I also had the same issue with you after a format and it turned out that Bitdefender or the antivirus (or both) thought the game was ransomware or spyware or whatever and prevented it from going online.

Tex-Rec
17-03-2017, 16:18
I also had the same issue with you after a format and it turned out that Bitdefender or the antivirus (or both) thought the game was ransomware or spyware or whatever and prevented it from going online.

Can be , but this is not the same problem as i have , i can go online "now" with a new save data , seems taht simply the game somehow for what ever reason it was , damaged the part for Online / Creat button in the menu for my save data , after i removed the damaged save data and let the game recreate a new one , the game works now just fine as it should be , the thing is only that i miss the old setting at stuff like stats etc , but this wont kill my fun to keep on racing it :)

The Bad here is only that i still dont know , what caused it , to damage my save data , and it was only damated on that part , that i was "Not" available to press in game menu the Online and Creat button.. thats all.

konnos
19-03-2017, 20:28
Yes it s not something you did, it s the game s fault. Probably a smart thing to backup this file every week to be on the safe side. I had to delete once too and i keep a backup every now and then